• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Beware Carebear

202 posts in this topic

Posted

First and possibly last post:

I've been watching BDO for a bit now, not as long as vets, or as short as newcomers. I heard about this PvP game back when it was first announced in Korea and hoped it would come to NA/EU. Now I have always been a PvE carebear ever since I started MMOs during SWG and Lineage II, but this game. This game, has converted me to love PvP. The style of combat and the flow feels amazing on every class. The graphics, the depth, the amazing effort put in by Korean Developers for this amazing game.

And then, there's our developers.

Who can't learn from previous mistakes such as trying to cater to both sides of the MMO spectrum when they must know by now that IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. The lack of common sense amazes me in some game developers. They all make the same mistakes. If it's a PvP game, stop trying to make the PvE'rs happy when there is no PvE in the game. It's just grinding mobs, and pretending that fishing and trading actually makes money when we all know it's disgustingly useless.

I'm not exactly sure what is going through with these carebears' mind when they think they can actually influence a game they have no business being a part of. And the sad part is, is that they actually are influencing the game. THIS game. This amazing game that has so much PvP potential, but is ruined by those who don't have the mental capacity to understand that this game is not for them. I need to update my status.. to LFG (Looking for Game) because I don't want to end up like you.

For those of you who can read this before it's deleted. Stand up and fight for this game to be what it could be: Amazing

38 people like this

Posted

You assume those who doesn't follow the same ideal as you (ganking 24/7 and newbie, total pk freedom) as care bears immediately.

There goes your ethos.

11 people like this

Posted

Yay, go carebear go!

tumblr_nlvrtv4byE1sf3i1wo1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeps Agree with the above posters 100% some of the biggest stuff up with these games is that when they come to the west the publishers try and change the games so much that the content and balance tends to get screwed up. I think from what I have seen so far the overall gameplay is pretty good. This is designed as a pvp game lets try and keep it this way

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Who can't learn from previous mistakes such as trying to cater to both sides of the MMO spectrum when they must know by now that IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. The lack of common sense amazes me in some game developers. They all make the same mistakes. If it's a PvP game, stop trying to make the PvE'rs happy when there is no PvE in the game. It's just grinding mobs, and pretending that fishing and trading actually makes money when we all know it's disgustingly useless.

I'm not exactly sure what is going through with these carebears' mind when they think they can actually influence a game they have no business being a part of. And the sad part is, is that they actually are influencing the game. THIS game. This amazing game that has so much PvP potential, but is ruined by those who don't have the mental capacity to understand that this game is not for them. I need to update my status.. to LFG (Looking for Game) because I don't want to end up like you.

For those of you who can read this before it's deleted. Stand up and fight for this game to be what it could be: Amazing

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted

You assume those who doesn't follow the same ideal as you (ganking 24/7 and newbie, total pk freedom) as care bears immediately.

There goes your ethos.

Yay, go carebear go!

tumblr_nlvrtv4byE1sf3i1wo1_500.gif

Remember, I was in your guys' positions not long ago. I understand. You will see the light one day.

Posted

[...] The graphics, the depth, the amazing effort put in by Korean Developers for this amazing game.

And then, there's our developers. [...]

There is only one developer for this game, neither Daum, Pmang or GameNet (which are publisher) can change something on their own. They request things, but if Pearl Abyss deems it as impractical then it won't get to any version.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeps Agree with the above posters 100% some of the biggest stuff up with these games is that when they come to the west the publishers try and change the games so much that the content and balance tends to get screwed up. I think from what I have seen so far the overall gameplay is pretty good. This is designed as a pvp game lets try and keep it this way

Actually the game tried to go back to it's root, lowering PvP level requirements no Megaservers and now it's slowly returning to how it is on Korea

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think I will see that "light" because my gameplay dream of an MMO is pretty fixated. And the current design of Black Desert Online per the recent dev diary sums it up. Thanks though :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Remember, I was in your guys' positions not long ago. I understand. You will see the light one day.

I've always been a PvP player and loved doing PvE aside from that. So no, you were never in my position.

8 people like this

Posted

I agree. This game attracted me because when I first heard of it I was told it would be only PvP and minimal PvE. Please let's keep it as a PvP game.

1 person likes this

Posted

If the karma system was completely removed, and there were absolutely no penalties for killing other players, the playerbase itself would be forced to police their own game. There would be some growing pains for those more PVE-focused players, but eventually it would work just fine.

I wish more developers would let the players govern themselves ingame. There are more than enough PVP-enthusiasts who hate gankers, in fact...the number of those who truly want to just go out and grief players for no reasons is incredibly small. They should have the freedom to do so, and then face the consequences other players dish out.

Less dev control, more player control...

But it's too scary a prospect for them, and PVErs will never believe that it works until they see it. That cycle of nervous nellies means we're stuck in this same issue game after game that promises PVP...then waters it down due to the players who are afraid of it.

Posted

There is only one developer for this game, neither Daum, Pmang or GameNet (which are publisher) can change something on their own. They request things, but if Pearl Abyss deems it as impractical then it won't get to any version.

Then they should fight as hard as we should. If the PvE'rs scream louder than the PvP'rs then they deserve it all. But if we fight as much as we possibly can then maybe we can do something. Make a change that counts. And that should do something for the devs at least.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually the game tried to go back to it's root, lowering PvP level requirements no Megaservers and now it's slowly returning to how it is on Korea

as far as I remember it's been level 50 in Korea since the start

Posted

If the karma system was completely removed, and there were absolutely no penalties for killing other players, the playerbase itself would be forced to police their own game. There would be some growing pains for those more PVE-focused players, but eventually it would work just fine.

I wish more developers would let the players govern themselves ingame. There are more than enough PVP-enthusiasts who hate gankers, in fact...the number of those who truly want to just go out and grief players for no reasons is incredibly small. They should have the freedom to do so, and then face the consequences other players dish out.

Less dev control, more player control...

But it's too scary a prospect for them, and PVErs will never believe that it works until they see it. That cycle of nervous nellies means we're stuck in this same issue game after game that promises PVP...then waters it down due to the players who are afraid of it.

It doesn't work.  I've been on plenty of "social experiment" types of mods, and games where they allow that with minimal penalties.  It always ends in complete chaos/griefing with nothing much else happening.

I agree. This game attracted me because when I first heard of it I was told it would be only PvP and minimal PvE. Please let's keep it as a PvP game.

Thank god they're adding more PvE elements, tho.

Posted

First and possibly last post:

I've been watching BDO for a bit now, not as long as vets, or as short as newcomers. I heard about this PvP game back when it was first announced in Korea and hoped it would come to NA/EU. Now I have always been a PvE carebear ever since I started MMOs during SWG and Lineage II, but this game. This game, has converted me to love PvP. The style of combat and the flow feels amazing on every class. The graphics, the depth, the amazing effort put in by Korean Developers for this amazing game.

bye, have fun finding that game you search for :)

Posted

I like fishing and finding lost cats.  If you want to pvp so much go play star citizen!

Posted

It doesn't work on a mod...it works in an MMO. The period of chaos and griefing is followed by a reaction. Because if the game is good, then people will fight for it. And when that happens, you don't need overbearing devs with their hands in the pot-- players will govern themselves.

It's really not even radical psychology, but it certainly doesn't work in small samples where no one will care about making it work.

Posted

I like fishing and finding lost cats.  If you want to pvp so much go play star citizen!

Its not out yet as full mmo game :(, but we will dont worry

Posted

Then they should fight as hard as we should. If the PvE'rs scream louder than the PvP'rs then they deserve it all. But if we fight as much as we possibly can then maybe we can do something. Make a change that counts. And that should do something for the devs at least.

PvP players (especially the hardcore crowd) are more likely to be on forums than PvE players are, though.  I don't think we're an accurate representation of what the game's population/interest will be.  Most of the Western interest/marketing has been about character creation, housing, fishing, exploration, graphics -- they mentioned "roleplay" on the main site for the EU/NA version and nothing about PvP.  That's the kind of people they're drawing in and focusing on.

The developers even mentioned that they recognize the high potential for the casual market to be pretty lucrative/populated.  I don't think this is the OWPvP Paradise that other PvPers made it out to be -- since that's really where the "reputation as a PvP game" comes from.  Fan sites and word-of-mouth, not the actual game itself.  The developers have even said in KR that the kind of PvP they want to focus on is GvG.

2 people like this

Posted

I like how all those opposed to me assume how I feel about the karma system.

Posted

Daum's logic:

Oh lovely community, we would like to see suggestions from you.

Community:

Hundreds of posts, many suggestions about PvP, thousands of views.

Daum:

No

Bounty system, mkay?

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

It doesn't work on a mod...it works in an MMO. The period of chaos and griefing is followed by a reaction. Because if the game is good, then people will fight for it. And when that happens, you don't need overbearing devs with their hands in the pot-- players will govern themselves.

It's really not even radical psychology, but it certainly doesn't work in small samples where no one will care about making it work.

Nah, have you seen MO?  It doesn't work.  Players don't govern themselves on any major levels, it's just mass chaos with guilds holed up in their fortresses.  The only ones that govern anything about themselves are guilds, and they don't do anything for the day-to-day interactions.  The truth is that people in videogames invest much less time/effort than they do to their real lives and will almost never react the same way they would in real life.  "Policing" is far too much effort with no real tangible reward because the waves never end.

I like how all those opposed to me assume how I feel about the karma system.

Most PvE players are fine with the karma system as it is, are fine with there being some risk, enjoyed the thrill of being ganked every once in a while, and just don't want it to become the law of the land where it rules every single interaction.  PvE players are fine with the game as it has been presented to us by EU/NA, it's really other groups trying to change things, which we're fine with so long as it doesn't stray too far away from what attracted us to the game in the first place.

Edited by Maevynn

Posted

Daum's logic:

Oh lovely community, we would like to see suggestions from you.

Community:

Hundreds of posts, many suggestions about PvP, thousands of views.

Daum:

No

Bounty system, mkay?

I like this guy's moxie.

Posted

If it's a PvP game, stop trying to make the PvE'rs happy when there is no PvE in the game. It's just grinding mobs, and pretending that fishing and trading actually makes money when we all know it's disgustingly useless.

This amazing game that has so much PvP potential, but is ruined by those who don't have the mental capacity to understand that this game is not for them.

Completely agree! Very nicely said.