• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Consolidated Threads]Boss Armor: a friendly warning.

593 posts in this topic

Posted

Except when other players are playing with 150 loaded Dye, and you're playing with 1-7 legitimate ones.

Guess who is almost guaranteed to win?

150?! Try 1000+ 

Posted

You need to know, that difference BOSS SET > Normal SET =/= game break. Of curse it's lite better than normal. 

This is a blatant lie and having knowledge from kr/ru, you know it. Accuracy scaling from bheg gloves with liverto/kzarka main hand is pretty much unanimously considered to be so good that you can just purely neglect accuracy from other sources and stack more AP, a stat that scales ridiculously well in this game. Someone with +15 Grunil is incredibly weak compared to someone with +15 Boss Armor, as someone with +15 Boss Armor can just AP everything and wreck face.

My solution for this is easy, go grind monsters, farm scroll boss, loot bundles and get boss armor. 

Your solution isn't a solution to people's problem. People's problem is that the gap between people who played or know people who played kr/ru and those who didn't just got an entirely unnecessary and entirely avoidable additional boost (yes, it's rng, it's statistical, who cares, it still contributed). This is an endless grind game. It's not as simple as "just go do the stuff too and you can have it too". What matters is relative strength between players.

The topic of whether the bundles should drop boss armor or not if saved has been discussed in a lot of threads on these forums in copious time before this patch was rolled out, and unless the CMs didn't report this to the people who actually decide things, Daum was aware of the fallout this would have, that people would not like this and that this is the pure bullshit cherry topping the pure bullshit cake.

As a moderator given power by Daum, you should reconsider being dismissive about people's issues with how the game is being handled, and you should also reconsider intentionally lying, like saying Boss Armor is "a little bit better than normal". Don't even try to argue about that last one, you know it, anyone who knows about game stats knows it. You've near committed suicide as a figure in the community during the course of this thread and you seem like you don't want to realize it. Take a long hard think and if you manage to see how you look from the outside. Maybe even consider apologizing.

6 people like this

Posted

lol it was done 1 hour ago so good try.....^^

Wtf are you saying?

Posted

Do you live to wait and do in the future or do you live now?

To wait and do in the future. It's called procrastination.

Posted

Common knowledge to those who played KR/RUS perhaps.

Not so much the general population who desperately need hunter seals to finish their gear.

The amount of hidden information and even propaganda by some is baffling.

I'm curious.   Why is your gear not finished at this point?  I play semi-casually and I have nearly maxed armor and over 200 hunter seals lying around. 

This is a blatant lie and having knowledge from kr/ru, you know it. Accuracy scaling from bheg gloves with liverto/kzarka main hand is pretty much unanimously considered to be so good that you can just purely neglect accuracy from other sources and stack more AP, a stat that scales ridiculously well in this game. Someone with +15 Grunil is incredibly weak compared to someone with +15 Boss Armor, as someone with +15 Boss Armor can just AP everything and wreck face.

Your solution isn't a solution to people's problem. People's problem is that the gap between people who played or know people who played kr/ru and those who didn't just got an entirely unnecessary and entirely avoidable additional boost (yes, it's rng, it's statistical, who cares, it still contributed). This is an endless grind game. It's not as simple as "just go do the stuff too and you can have it too". What matters is relative strength between players.

The topic of whether the bundles should drop boss armor or not if saved has been discussed in a lot of threads on these forums in copious time before this patch was rolled out, and unless the CMs didn't report this to the people who actually decide things, Daum was aware of the fallout this would have, that people would not like this and that this is the pure bullshit cherry topping the pure bullshit cake.

As a moderator given power by Daum, you should reconsider being dismissive about people's issues with how the game is being handled, and you should also reconsider intentionally lying, like saying Boss Armor is "a little bit better than normal". Don't even try to argue about that last one, you know it, anyone who knows about game stats knows it. You've near committed suicide as a figure in the community during the course of this thread and you seem like you don't want to realize it. Take a long hard think and if you manage to see how you look from the outside. Maybe even consider apologizing.

So apparently you know about the hidden accuracy stats on boss armor, but not the armor dropping from bundles.

k.

Posted

and that's the difference

any of my T7 (that was suppose to be T8 by chance) will automatically update, NO i will have to breed NEW one... it would have made sense if NEW box would carry the weapon not UPDATE OLD BOX

dear lord your logic is so un-logic is scary.

I remember any mmorpg i played used to duplicate object "old" "new" after a big patch that change the loot table the old one could only carry old loot table the new carry all... pathetic excuse just making me upset and i honestly didn't care at first you are making a bad job at dealing with this.

because that what you did I got a T7 rolling a dice that would have gave me a T8 then T8 come out and you transform the bundle to carry that thing will you transform the T7 in the T8 i would have earned?

really... you guys are just making it worst

Had to bump this up.

I've tried to tame a horse ONCE, and I am in no way a Horse Breeder.

When T8 horses are released, we better as ----- be seeing instant t7>t8 upgrades of current T7s that rolled t8, but got locked at T7 because it "wasn't released yet".

Posted

yes, good goys, let the RNG flow through you, how about spending a few more shekels on those new pirate costumes?

4 people like this

Posted

Can't wait to get home from work and open my Bheg Bags!

And thank you PA for not screwing the players who saved up these bags, because we were not lazy and researched future content!

Sure, I would have been bummed if the boss drops were not added to the bundles, but at least I would have had tons of turn ins / blackstones / hunter's seals. Chance at boss loot is just the icing on the cake.

Posted

Wow, really?  How the hell else do you expect to get BOSS ARMOR except from bosses?

I does not rely care. It is fast enough broken MMO to release drop from single specific drop with so low rate.

you are not limited... you can spend loyalty. most of my guild has 5k plus loyalty waiting for boss armours.

And how it will really help? You will get 10 free scrolls in best case. It is not even half of possible amount of saved bundles. Beside this, it is no other way. Not possible to buy, craft or anything.

Posted

yes, good goys, let the RNG flow through you, how about spending a few more shekels on those new pirate costumes?

Lmao

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Had to bump this up.

I've tried to tame a horse ONCE, and I am in no way a Horse Breeder.

When T8 horses are released, we better as ----- be seeing instant t7>t8 upgrades of current T7s that rolled t8, but got locked at T7 because it "wasn't released yet".

I am holding all my T7 hopeing at least one get automatically upgraded T8 with next patch or the one after

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

Each version of the Black Desert, from Korea to the Russian had this same system. You can get Witch's Earrings from bundle, you can get boss armor from bundle or from boss drop.  Simple and easy. So now time to farm boss and keep yur bundles or open it. Chance is around 0,3% GL. 

Deska please keep in mind that when you say everyone you mostly refer to the people that surround you in-game, which for a person that became volunteer moderator would indicate that are not all carebears but people that have played KR,RCIS etc etc. I would assume that the purpose of the European version is to cater for new customers rather than cannibalize customers from other versions. Not sure how do you vast majority of people to know this. I beg to differ but vast majority of people would not know. Again, the people on top rank in growth and professions are not the majority but a minority. Again I would assume if it is true that 100k people play the game most would not of played Korean version. 

No offence, but please rethink your statement. Introducing new content that can be obtained 2 seconds after it's implementation seems a bit not well thought through. 
The unability to restrict the bundles does not make it right. I am unbiased as I don't really care but from what I read the whole team in charge is playing the game from ages so people like this kinda can forget what it is to not be aware of every little detail you perceive as a given.

Posted

You can't store them, and they wieght 0,10 LT each.

ah ye forgot about the cant store part.

Posted (edited)

So apparently you know about the hidden accuracy stats on boss armor, but not the armor dropping from bundles.

k.

For all you know, he could have learnt of the existence of boss armor (and of the related Accuracy stat) a few minutes ago. 

Or he could be like many others (me included) who learnt of the possibility of Boss Armor being dropped by already existing bundles a few days ago. I knew of the existence (and importance) of Boss Armor a month ago, though.

Nice assumptions.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

I does not rely care. It is fast enough broken MMO to release drop from single specific drop with so low rate.

And how it will really help? You will get 10 free scrolls in best case. It is not even half of possible amount of saved bundles. Beside this, it is no other way. Not possible to buy, craft or anything.

how in the name of Scapes do you eexpect to be able to craft BOSS ARMOR?  Oh, and you can buy it from the marketplace. 

Posted

I does not rely care. It is fast enough broken MMO to release drop from single specific drop with so low rate.

You can also grind mobs that drop the scroll... go do that instead of wasting your time with this thread.

Posted

k.

I never said I didn't know about the armor dropping from the bundles. I knew way in advance.

Posted

Most people complaining don't even PvP.  I don't get you people. 

Posted

has anyone gotten muskan boots yet? 

Posted (edited)

Making this retroactive was the worst business decision I have seen by a long shot, Daum you are reaching Trion's level.

Didnt make anything retro avtive, they just added it to the loot table. 

This new update makes is pretty much impossible for me to return to our main guild after my projects at work are finished.

Hardly kept up with lvl 53, and gear (116/162) now. Im gonna be a joke for months after, with 5h/day after irl settles down.

It's pretty much GG for me.

Ah well, casual is also a playstyle. Since CC swipes, exploiting, using bots & hacks, goldbuying,.. Is not what I do.

I can only hope now I don't get kicked from 2nd guild and get cutt off from ppl I got to like.

Ty Daum, just open up 16+, P2W and gold sellers for all I care... .

Competive gameplay is closed off for me and I risk getting cutt off from ingame friends.

Gl&hf.

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

I never said I didn't know about the armor dropping from the bundles. I knew way in advance.

Then please help me understand your issue.

Posted

Most people complaining don't even PvP.  I don't get you people. 

It's not entirely about that. It's the way it was done and the way that Deska is responding to it, with very unprofessional and outright rude comments

Posted

This definitely wasn't something "everyone" knew, some folks play an MMO rather than cruising its forums and support sites.   It was a crap move allowing these to come from bundles at all (let alone past bundles) but mine is just one more opinion in the pile I guess.  Generally though it just seems sloppy. 

Posted

I don't think this is really game breaking. But my god, what a horrible business decision. Literally one of the worst business decisions I've seen period in an MMO. The game will lose players over this. (some at least, who knows for sure how many, maybe not much but the goal is to not lose ANY over boneheaded, avoidable decisions)

It is not fair in the slightest. That can't be argued by anyone who's being real about it. It is a fact that most players did not know about this. This is definitely fact. To argue otherwise, you don't have a strong grip on reality. To argue that the average player should be googling ANYTHING about a game is kind of presumptive of you. That's ok though, you're human. But to argue that a player should be googling something as cryptic as "will a bag that drops loot that I acquired before a type of loot was even introduced into the game, drop said loot after it's introduced into the game, if I hold on to it for two months, if it actually is two months when said loot is introduced into the game." uhhh I mean lol it was kind of hard to just type that, much less actually game plan for the possibility for the average player.

End of the world? Nah I don't think so. But it strikes at the very heart of what keeps a game legit. An equal playing field. In a game that already rewards those with inside knowledge, "no lifer's", people ahead of the curve etc, this was a monumental mistake. Even if in reality it's not a huge advantage (which it actually is a sizable advantage) to certain players, its the perception of the other players that matters.

This is coming from someone who's very well off in the game gear wise/money wise/life skill wise. I don't like to see people quitting/getting pissed off at the game I currently play.

3 people like this

Posted

Didnt make anything retro avtive, they just added it to the loot table. 

This new update makes is pretty much impossible for me to return to our main guild after my projects at work are finished.

Hardly kept up with lvl 53, and gear (116/162) now. Im gonna be a joke for months after, with 5h/day after irl settles down.

It's pretty much GG for me.

Ah well, casual is also a playstyle. Since CC swipes, exploiting, using bots & hacks, goldbuying,.. Is not what I do.

I can only hope now I don't get kicked from 2nd guild and get cutt off from ppl I got to like.

Ty Daum, just open up 16+, P2W and gold sellers for all I care... .

Competive gameplay is closed off for me and I risk getting cutt off from ingame friends.

Gl&hf.

welcome to my life, friend

1 person likes this