• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Consolidated Threads]Boss Armor: a friendly warning.

593 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

not only did i do my own research on boss " BDO how to obtain boss gear" it will come up with reddit bdo forums bdo fan sites all telling you that it comes from bundles.. so you saying, I either had to play on KR or learn it from guidies is complete bullshit statement.. also you can call me whatever the ----- you want b/c your lack of doing your own research or anyone else for that matter is pure laziness
if before you say "well i didnt know there was boss gear" if you dont come to the forums once in awhile and see threads about it before the boss gear came out.. thats your fault.. Players that ----- and complain about not knowing something in the game, are complete lazy ass -----ers that dont do there own research..

The main thing here is that the retroactive manipulation of existing items to give BiS gear is so out of the norm for any mmo I've ever seen or played that it wouldn't even occur to people to look something like that up. 

The reason other games and companies don't do it is because it is a terrible way of implementing new gear or items. The whole point to time gate gear and content is to slow progression, keep people playing your game, and try to keep players on a somewhat even playing field. When you come out with new gear or items and just give people it on day one then that kind of defeats the entire purpose of time gating and progression. All they did was make and imbalance between people that knew about the messed up system and people that assumed this game would operate semi normally and correctly.

Edited by WVUTrip
1 person likes this

Posted

Was available to everyone, too bad.

Yeah make sure you use a GM token and have +5 luck when you open your bundles.

Don't need any tokens to be able to get 5 luck btw.

Posted

No we mean ppl that can make basic use of Google.

Since when people google something they don't even know exist? And some didn't know it drops from bundles, just direct drop from bosses ( scroll ).

Posted

The main thing here is that the retroactive manipulation of existing items to give BiS gear is so out of the norm for any mmo I've ever seen or played that it wouldn't even occur to people to look something like that up. 

The reason other games and companies don't do it is because it is a terrible way of implementing new gear or items. The whole point to time gate gear and content is to slow progression, keep people playing your game, and try to keep players on a somewhat even playing field. When you come out with new gear or items and just give people it on day one then that kind of defeats the entire purpose of time gating and progression. All they did was make and imbalance between people that knew about the messed up system and people that assumed this game would operate semi normally and correctly.

Tera is the other company that does the exact same thing for BiS and the VM gear mats you need to be able to craft that set and the thing is its more RNG then this game to get those..

I just dont see how you guys think there would be a completely new bundle from any other versions of the game because you feel like you got rip off b/c you didnt save your bags..

Guess what i saved my bags and guess what I didnt get a single piece of boss gear.. but here i am not -----ing about it b/c thats how the game works and thats how the game is going to be.. you guys just need to stop -----ing about every little -----ing thing that you guys dont agree with.. and play the game for what it is.. have fun ffs

Posted

This is still going? wow impressive.

Posted

This is still going? wow impressive.

Yup, some people apparently take offense to Daum's lack of communication skills.

Anyone claiming it was common knowledge is simply wrong. Those few threads I saw about boss armour in the last 4 weeks didn't have any kind of official confirmation (GM/CM), just a lot of hearsay and rumour. This information should have been a stickied topic up weeks before the patch, especially since they have mentioned numerous times that they are NOT going to do things as they did them in KR/RU.

Personally I don't care about the packs, I'm not in a hurry, plenty of time to enjoy the game. But I completely understand people feeling like they've been screwed royally by this decision.

Posted (edited)

One of the best OWPvP game is Lineage 2. And in term of PvE and grind BDO looks like kindergarden compared to L2. PvE is integrated part of every OWPvP, that is point of OWPvP - grind to get gear, get gear to PvP for spots where can grind gear for PvP etc.There will not be empty channels, because the channels will be removed. Developers exactly knowed this days alot of people will leave the game because OWPvP is far to hardcore for WoW carebears. That is the reason to channels even exist - to avoid problems with server merge, nick conflicts etc. If the game will keep current track, they will get some new players when old school players will accept BDO as real succesor to games like L2 or EVE and then BDO will end up with 300-400k world wide stable community for years (similar to EVE). But only if they will keep it OWPvP sandbox.

You youngins keep forgetting about DAoC but its ok.  Ah to be young again.

But no, wont work here, because to keep up with the costs of localization, maintenance, and paying the staff, they will eventually have to go with more pay2win options in the cash shop to keep money rolling as population dwindles down.   Sorry, but that's how it is.  Daum/PA has a limited amount of time to localize the game correctly for us.

300-400k is way too generous, gonna be more like 50-60k combined for NA/EU at the rate Daum/PA keeps fouling things up.

Edited by Alexandrious

Posted

Was available to everyone, too bad.

Don't need any tokens to be able to get 5 luck btw.

I know I have +5 luck, the GM token is for the increased item drop%.

I imagine the Loyalty +20% scroll would be well worth it as well.

Posted

I have checked on this and it is working as intended.  It should be noted you can expect similar mechanics for the following systems.

• When Tier 8 Horses are added you will be able to breed Tier 7 horses caught prior to the patch to get a Tier 8.
  • When Concentrated Armor and Weapon Stones are added you will be able to use normal Weapon and Armor Black Stones you earned prior to the patch to craft them.
  • When level cap is raised to 70 you will be able to use characters previously leveld to 65 to get to this new level cap

The points you made are very obvious to any player who hasnt played Black Desert before, when high tier horses are added old horses CAN get to them, when more weapon enchanting weps are added you can use your current weps and not go get new ones.... ok yeah, but this is REALMS away from the bundle shenanigans >_>

Posted

I'm just saying, i had no idea that the bundles were gonna be retroactively able to drop boss armor. With that said, by thinking about it, I saved them JUST IN CASE it would happen since i didnt need the hunters seals/blackstones whatevs, at the time anyway. It didnt matter though since i didn't get any boss armor loot from the bundles but still, it was pretty much a given that there was a CHANCE that this might happen, however slight it might've been and you can't really blame anyone but yourself for not thinking.

Posted

people should think not of what they could have had but what they probably still wouldn't have anyway, rng loot box pinata simulator ftw

Posted

can you show what it looks like cosmetically?

I apologize for the delay- Here it is on Maewah

2016-05-07_1795358351.JPG

Posted

Look at all that boss gear wasted on a maehwa. What a shame

Posted

Seriously the only people mad about this are those that didn't save the bundles themselves.

This was common knowledge people!

lol yeah common knowledge that wasn't spoken of at all on forums

Posted

No offense but this is nonsense. The average player doesn't know this.

There's some seriously hardcore folks in my guild - but no one was aware of this strategy.

Posted

The patch notes specifically said "by defeating the boss" not by "buying weight so you can store bazillion of bundles and instaoverpimp yourself"... This is seriously pathetic @CM_Jouska!

BDO will be "f2p" within 6 months & will be ded within 1,5 yrs bcus of this scam stuff

Posted

I found out about saving the bundles a week before boss armor was released and I managed to get Muskan's shoes. I got the shoes from only 5 bundles. The drop rate isn't bad by any means... or is it? I know someone who opened over a total of 300 bundles and they didn't get anything.

RNG is kill.