• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Young(er) wizard?

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I've looked through several threads and on Google, and I only found contradictory info about the customization of wizards. Some people say a young male in BDO can't master magic because of some mysterious lore that I haven't been able to find on something else than unreliable sources, and others say it's utter crap. (And even if there is lore about that, couldn't your character be a special case?)

Some others say it should be possible to customize a wizard so he looks a lot younger, others say we won't be able to do that. I really want to play as a wizard, but not as an old geezer. I find it hard feeling badass when I'm worried about the old bones of my character. :D And yes, there are younger wizards that kick ass. Henry Dresden. Howl. Young Merlin. Rogue (RIP Alan Rickman). Etc.

Anyway, is there some way of knowing if it is possible to make a young wizard, or if it will be possible to change the appearance to a younger one later on? (TBH, if he looked like 30-40, I wouldn't mind that much.)

Cuz if not, I fear I only have two options: playing another class or trying to customize a witch so she looks like a young 12 year old wizard boy, lol.

Edited by Lethanael

Posted

You're probably not going to get much better than the above. I have the same gripe as you with the wizard class. Though they're the same [until awakening] some people wanted a witch and thus http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/4007-close-beta-witch/

You should, for the sake of it, try out both your options and see which is better. Having a middle-aged wizard (as soso linked) is probably the best bet because of the voicing, the character creation is something you needn't rush.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, he's not bad, but sadly, he still kinda looks like a 70 year old that tries to look younger. :D

You're probably not going to get much better than the above. I have the same gripe as you with the wizard class. Though they're the same [until awakening] some people wanted a witch and thus http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/4007-close-beta-witch/

You should, for the sake of it, try out both your options and see which is better. Having a middle-aged wizard (as soso linked) is probably the best bet because of the voicing, the character creation is something you needn't rush.

Yeah, I'm also thinking about making a witch look like a 12 year old wizard boy, but it might be very complicated. I guess I'll try to make a middle-aged wizard. :/ Honestly, it pisses me off to see that male classes in most games are so underwhelming or have problems, like the customization for the wizard... I know a lot of dudes who play MMORPG'S want toons with long legs and big boobs, but I want a character I can imagine myself being. :D

Edited by Lethanael

Posted

Yeah -- I've been thinking about this for a couple days now since I actually was hoping to create a wizard modeled after a younger (rather baby faced) actor.

The best I've been able to come up with is, given how extensive the body/face shape modification is and how loose a lot of the witch clothing looks, is to just size the breasts down, tweak the body shape to something with broader shoulders and narrower hips, change the jawline to something more pointed, shorten the hair as much as possible, make him tall, and call it a day.

Personally I'll be headcanoning my character as a trans guy (which adds the bonus of not being lore breaking if that Capacity For Magic (eyeroll) is a Thing) but I understand that isn't everyone's cup o' tea. Here's to hoping that the breasts can be sized down below watermelon-esque, because all of the customization videos on youtube tend to want to go the opposite direction of what i want to achieve, so I havent been given a good example yet... And Jiggle Physics seems to be an issue in cloth from what I've seen :// 

so. you know. you won't be able to created a grizzled masculine young wizard, but a young boyish one seems achievable!! 

In any case, it's better than looking like Steve Buscemi in that 30 Rock bit...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah -- I've been thinking about this for a couple days now since I actually was hoping to create a wizard modeled after a younger (rather baby faced) actor.

The best I've been able to come up with is, given how extensive the body/face shape modification is and how loose a lot of the witch clothing looks, is to just size the breasts down, tweak the body shape to something with broader shoulders and narrower hips, change the jawline to something more pointed, shorten the hair as much as possible, make him tall, and call it a day.

Personally I'll be headcanoning my character as a trans guy (which adds the bonus of not being lore breaking if that Capacity For Magic (eyeroll) is a Thing) but I understand that isn't everyone's cup o' tea. Here's to hoping that the breasts can be sized down below watermelon-esque, because all of the customization videos on youtube tend to want to go the opposite direction of what i want to achieve, so I havent been given a good example yet... And Jiggle Physics seems to be an issue in cloth from what I've seen ://

In any case, it's better than looking like Steve Buscemi in that 30 Rock bit...

IIRC you can actually go pretty flat (I'd say about an "A" size.) As they wear robes the "jiggle physics" wouldn't be nearly as noticeable. Possible and to say the least I've seen a number of traps in anime; not to forgot those "pretty boys" (bishounen) who can fool people pretty badly, at least me anyway.

But it does certainly suck wizards aren't younger. They're going to have different awakenings so really that's going to be the deciding factor.

Edited by Enumeratingw7
Clarification
1 person likes this

Posted

I came to the forums to see what was going on as far as requesting a few facial templates for a younger wizard. One would be enough. It's impossible to work with the existing eye wrinkles to make a young or even middle aged wizard. The body doesn't need to be changed since it will be covered.

Since this is a stylistic choice the devs made, I don't see why they can't give players what we want. One template for players who don't want to be playing Gandalf.

Posted

2016-01-22_165311239.thumb.JPG.dc154a1082016-01-22_165353894.thumb.JPG.0f5be7cf92016-01-22_165378435.thumb.JPG.2a4fe0ee5

how's this? never tried a wizard before, but it'd put him in his late 30s... idk! if you want him just ask ^___^ maybe he can be tweaked more to your liking!

2 people like this

Posted

Young Wizard

2016-01-20_30194381.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Hi guys,

I've looked through several threads and on Google, and I only found contradictory info about the customization of wizards. Some people say a young male in BDO can't master magic because of some mysterious lore that I haven't been able to find on something else than unreliable sources, and others say it's utter crap. (And even if there is lore about that, couldn't your character be a special case?)

Some others say it should be possible to customize a wizard so he looks a lot younger, others say we won't be able to do that. I really want to play as a wizard, but not as an old geezer. I find it hard feeling badass when I'm worried about the old bones of my character. :D And yes, there are younger wizards that kick ass. Henry Dresden. Howl. Young Merlin. Rogue (RIP Alan Rickman). Etc.

Anyway, is there some way of knowing if it is possible to make a young wizard, or if it will be possible to change the appearance to a younger one later on? (TBH, if he looked like 30-40, I wouldn't mind that much.)

Cuz if not, I fear I only have two options: playing another class or trying to customize a witch so she looks like a young 12 year old wizard boy, lol.

Yeah I'm reading Earthsea right now, with 19 year old Sparrowhawk kicking ass if you know what I mean. I feel you.

Posted

Yeah I'm reading Earthsea right now, with 19 year old Sparrowhawk kicking ass if you know what I mean. I feel you.

Oh, I love the Miyazaki movie! Didn't know the story came from novels, though. :)

Posted

Hi guys,

PLS stop duble the post http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/180-young-wizard/&page=3

Posted

For your info, I first posted in the Classes section, but got no response at first. So I posted in General after that, starting the second thread by explaining why I was double posting, and I got some response. Honestly, I don't see why having 2 threads about the same subject is bad. Everything said in both those threads is interesting and noteworthy. The more the merrier!

Posted

For your info, I first posted in the Classes section, but got no response at first. So I posted in General after that, starting the second thread by explaining why I was double posting, and I got some response. Honestly, I don't see why having 2 threads about the same subject is bad. Everything said in both those threads is interesting and noteworthy. The more the merrier!

You are wrong you write your post January 15.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/180-young-wizard/ - 7 nov.

Read the forum rules then a statement. Mirror post

Thx CM_Jouska for int.

Posted (edited)

You are wrong you write your post January 15.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/180-young-wizard/ - 7 nov.

Read the forum rules then a statement. Mirror post

Thx CM_Jouska for int.

That post from november 7th is from someone called nathaenel. I'm Lethanael. Not the same thing. ;) 

Edited by Lethanael

Posted

I was not too bothered by the only Old Wizard thing, but it seems it just limits the character customization for no real reason. You're able to literally create irradiated monsters from Fallout and other creatures of darkness or other fantasy beings like orcs and goblins, yet it's to much to ask for a few age options?

1 person likes this

Posted

I was not too bothered by the only Old Wizard thing, but it seems it just limits the character customization for no real reason. You're able to literally create irradiated monsters from Fallout and other creatures of darkness or other fantasy beings like orcs and goblins, yet it's to much to ask for a few age options?

I'll be deeply saddened if Wizards awakening is better than Witch. I know some people like to play/make old-looking characters but that's few, far, and between. That's really what seems to kill the class lmao.

Posted

wiz.png.73e8528d16d0663c371e87be7b32b9c8

Posted

Playing with the creator u can make a wizard look like hes around his 40s (i posted a pic in the other show ur wiz thread), this may be too old for many (but u can only see it if u zoom in infront), but still its better than the default wizard in his 60+

Posted

2016-02-01_2633353.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

remade it a little, as young and natural i could get^^

2016-02-07_18336568.JPG

2016-02-07_18358753.JPG

2016-02-07_18517633.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

The wizard is only as old as you believe he is :P, maybe the creator didn't think he looked that old..

Posted

giphy_(6).thumb.gif.ae4b29e10519163579b5

Posted (edited)

remade it a little, as young and natural i could get^^

2016-02-07_18336568.JPG

2016-02-07_18358753.JPG

2016-02-07_18517633.JPG

I like everything except the body. Looks a bit too skinny and lanky (needs bigger/broader chest.) However I'm very much impressed with the results and definitely more likely to consider Wizard.

Edited by Enumeratingw7
Error and wounded up as doublepost

Posted

I too think it's odd that there is such an artifical limit put on creating a young Wizard, but the same goes for other classes as well. So what if I want to play a Wizard looking like the Warrior class. Don't they advertise with this awesome character creator that allows to me to make the character I want? I already find gender/ class locking kind of odd but age locking too? You can create so many weird looking characters but they decide to draw the line with a young and muscular wizard? Strange for a game that is all about freedom and such