• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just make PVP optional.

981 posts in this topic

Posted

It is getting ridiculous and there is no rational reason to continue this hard-lined view that it is working.

Visit any city now and you can't turn around. Why? Because 100 wagons with 4 horses each are going back and forth, back and forth, up and down the tight city streets. Why? Because you can not trust the player base to do voluntary PVP honorably.

People literally have nothing better to do than run around killing AFK fishers, auto-loop horse trainers and farmers. This results in crowded, ridiculous cityscapes like I described above, taking a beautifully crafted and immersive environment and turning it into a circus.

There is no reason to maintain this stubborn forced PVP mindset.

Just make it a flag for gods sake! Let the people that want to PVP flag for it. The ones that will actually be a CHALLENGE, like these children chiming in on the forums against this change don't want because they could never win in a fair fight, will flag and PVP as normal. The one's that don't will take their auto-looping AFK madness out of the cities.

Put an icon over people's heads so you know they are flagged PVP. Have PVP flag automatically if you go to certain areas.

Forcing PVP in random open world environments does NOT contribute to fun, immersive, HONORABLE PVP, it contributes to griefing and the nightmare described.

All those angry insulting people that will post to this thread are just griefers and trolls that could never win in a fair fight, so they hatefully defend their right to gank.

And it is ruining the game for every sane person out there.

From an immersion stand point... ive got to disagree. I really appreciate OWPVP in this game... It is your decision to murder people, or not. Just as it is your decision to remain in safe zones or risk it out in the wild. Games with these type of decisions within their builds have always been a favorite of mine. It isnt about wanton violence but rather deep immersion. Think about it this way, do you see criminals walking up in movies going "hey, mind if i murder you? "       "sure thing pal, lemme just set this crate down"

26 people like this

Posted

Just leave the game already, peasant 

34 people like this

Posted

OP shall get banned, making this stupid over and over again.

6 people like this

Posted

Simple solution : PvP off when autoloop detected / PvP off after not moving for more than 15min

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

I find this mindset to be incredibly selfish.

YOU enjoy killing AFK people. YOU find it immersive. Did you ever stop to think those pixels you are destroying are other human beings? That THEY are doing what THEY find immersive, and you are taking that right away from them?

You see, this is the problem with people today. They only think about themselves. Yet if you were attacking someone in open world that actually CHOSE to flag, you would still have the option to engage in these random confrontations, but with people that actually wanted to and thus, were likely able to defend themselves.

The only thing you are advocating is your right to grief other people that can't possibly defend themselves and no game should support this behavior.

The issue of massively overcrowded wagon-flooded cities is a real issue. THAT destroys immersion far more than not being able to murder defenseless farmers instead of finding a fair and challenging opponent.

Yet this does not seem a problem to you?

Simple solution : PvP off when autoloop detected / PvP off after not moving for more than 15min

This would at least help get the ridiculous overcrowding of wagons in cities under control I support it.

Edited by Phinix
17 people like this

Posted

The problem isn't with PvP, the problem is with AutoLoop. You never saw this issue before AutoLoop because people would spread their waypoints as far as the possibly could from Altinova to Trent. Now they pick a small spot to run in circles. 

3 people like this

Posted

Just make pve optional. Why should they force me to grind levels for gear and accuracy? It's stupid. 

I should never have to pve if I like pvp. 

16 people like this

Posted

I know it can be annoying sometimes, I haven't been pked while afk training yet but one time I did have my path slightly outside the bounds of calpheon and, luckily, I was just writing an essay and noticed that someone was following me through the city and hitting me the 2 seconds I wasnt in the city.

I never minded too much though so long as I kept to myself.

Gotta agree with Decem though, thought it would be nice to have pvp turned off if autolooping or afk

1 person likes this

Posted

Just make PVP optional.

x.png

9 people like this

Posted

I find this mindset to be incredibly selfish.

YOU enjoy killing AFK people. YOU find it immersive. Did you ever stop to think those pixels you are destroying are other human beings? That THEY are doing what THEY find immersive, and you are taking that right away from them?

You see, this is the problem with people today. They only think about themselves. Yet if you were attacking someone in open world that actually CHOSE to flag, you would still have the option to engage in these random confrontations, but with people that actually wanted to and thus, were likely able to defend themselves.

The only thing you are advocating is your right to grief other people that can't possibly defend themselves and no game should support this behavior.

The issue of massively overcrowded wagon-flooded cities is a real issue. THAT destroys immersion far more than not being able to murder defenseless farmers instead of finding a fair and challenging opponent.

Yet this does not seem a problem to you?

I've never once killed an afk..... I only appreciate the allow the option.... im all about full player choice.

5 people like this

Posted

I see at best 4 auto loopers in cities when I trade from Epheria to Altinova during primetime. And a significant amount more in between.

You share something in common with those 4. Cowardice, uncertainty, and lack of perseverence. 

Dont overexagerate non issues because someone, somewhere, kind of almost made a comment to someones friend that they heard a guy got PKd while auto looping.

Posted

Would be hard pressed to tell whats hurting the beauty and immersive appeal of BDO more: Running into those skank waifu chars or the hordes of afk loopers confined to the towns. Awful.

2 people like this

Posted

BDO itself is... OPTIONAL...

Do us the favor and quit it :D

3 people like this

Posted

Here we go again; and yeah OP is right about cities. They look like crap now due to the "well go in a safe zone" mentality. It's probably only gonna get worse. At first I thought it made the cities feel alive, but now it's just a mess.

4 people like this

Posted

I would argue and agree.
I Agree on the things it's annoying to get ganked or shit like that and being able to flag yourself for PvP in that case is awesome.

I would argue about that it would take away a lot of the "feeling" when you go outside a safe zone. 
Everytime you look at your back and think, hope i am alone or won't get ganked "this scary thing" is good and makes you more immersed as i would say. 

2 people like this

Posted

Just make the lvl 50 PvP unlock quest working as INTENDED.

11 people like this

Posted

having pvp be optional will only promote a new type of griefing in which players can KS my mobs and i can't kill them for doing so

10 people like this

Posted

having pvp be optional will only promote a new type of griefing in which players can KS my mobs and i can't kill them for doing so

git gud

3 people like this

Posted

Remove gear as a factor in PvP and I will support OW PvP 100%, until then as long as PvP in this game is entirely gear dependent the it will always be trash PvP, even the PvP's will leave eventually, all it takes is one super geared person to wipe out whole guilds by themselves, wait until +20 you will see.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

1.) Pixels, by definition, cannot be human beings nor can you kill destroy them.
2.) How is someone being "immersed" in the game while afk exactly?

3.) AFKing in a game is a choice, being somewhere you can be killed is a choice, there is no right guaranteeing anyone freedom from being PK'ed in a video game and people have just as much right to pk others as others have a right to be PK'ed. It's part of the game by design and not being done through some hack or exploit.

Coming from someone who doesn't indiscriminate PK and generally hunts PK'ers.

I do not *like* being PK'ed while afk, I do not *like* when others get PK'ed but I do *appreciate* the choice is there for players to make.

Edited by bakimono
5 people like this

Posted

Well OWPvP isnt the problem, not at all. Its choice
But an issue I have, is the god damn PKing. Sure pvp isnt fair bla bla bla, but this "spot taken leave or get pk'ed" is the stupidest shit ive ever heard. Are people seriously this damaged? Please help me understand the logic behind this. 

5 people like this

Posted

I'd LOVE to be able to opt out of PvP.  Even if it was a permanent change.  But sadly too many PKers will fight tooth and nail for their "right" to ruin your gameplay for their own entertainment.

15 people like this

Posted

Here we go again; and yeah OP is right about cities. They look like crap now due to the "well go in a safe zone" mentality. It's probably only gonna get worse. At first I thought it made the cities feel alive, but now it's just a mess.

Yeah it looks like this now...

jakarta-1.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

Well OWPvP isnt the problem, not at all. Its choice
But an issue I have, is the god damn PKing. Sure pvp isnt fair bla bla bla, but this "spot taken leave or get pk'ed" is the stupidest shit ive ever heard. Are people seriously this damaged? Please help me understand the logic behind this. 

Easy:

No Dungeons makes every source of XP a "resource".  Resources are limited so there's competition to "claim" them.  The intention is for players to PVP fight over these limited resources.  When we have nodes and node wars players can build siege engines to try to capture nodes from each other for the benefits.

If you ask me the mistake was to make people compete in OWPVP over the right to kill a monster which is what we have.  It's nonsense.  It's counter-intuative.  Give players the nods and limit PVP to those actively contesting the nodes and 99% of these problems fix themselves provided the nodes reward some kind of tangible benefit to the players (ie making them worth competing over).

1 person likes this