• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just make PVP optional.

981 posts in this topic

Posted

I think, ppl trying get players out from game have to be baned. At least for month, better forever.

I hope publisher this game catch this posts and do something because THIS kind of ill ppl forcing pve playerbase stop playing mean only one thing MONEY LOSS for them.

PK plague every single game. After majority of pve players move to another game, PK end too because they are not interested in real pvp... it's too dangerous for them...

You too, get out.

Posted

Your right it doesen't, simply cause im not gonna waste too much time on people like u :)

Now go eat ur salty cookies :)

Give me another ad hominem unintelligent answer I saw at least 182765342 times here pls. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Why won't you people just go play a PVE centric game?

We do. This one.

Posted

We do. This one.

I really don't think I need to bother explaining how deluded that statement sounds. I won't even insult you by assuming that you even believe it yourself.

That said, pretending your fantasy is reality isn't going to alter the essence of BDO, so consider different tactics. Something along the lines of, "Swim or die" as one poster put it some weeks back.

Posted

I really don't think I need to bother explaining how deluded that statement sounds. I won't even insult you by assuming that you even believe it yourself.

That said, pretending your fantasy is reality isn't going to alter the essence of BDO, so consider different tactics. Something along the lines of, "Swim or die" as one poster put it some weeks back.

BS. I wont repeat what many before me already stated. This game is all about PvE, if you think differently you are the delusional one. Pls count the number of hours you spend PvEing and then compare that to number of hours you spend PvPing.

Posted

the salt on this Imao.

There isnt any salt.

Again, not surprised how you understand things. perfectly fit with your "vision" of the game.

Posted

Remove gear as a factor in PvP and I will support OW PvP 100%, until then as long as PvP in this game is entirely gear dependent the it will always be trash PvP, even the PvP's will leave eventually, all it takes is one super geared person to wipe out whole guilds by themselves, wait until +20 you will see.

And whats the problem if theme-park fanboys like you will leave the asia sandbox because they don't get it?
Why you even buy an asia sandbox game if you dislike one of its core design principles?

Posted

It is getting ridiculous and there is no rational reason to continue this hard-lined view that it is working.

Visit any city now and you can't turn around. Why? Because 100 wagons with 4 horses each are going back and forth, back and forth, up and down the tight city streets. Why? Because you can not trust the player base to do voluntary PVP honorably.

People literally have nothing better to do than run around killing AFK fishers, auto-loop horse trainers and farmers. This results in crowded, ridiculous cityscapes like I described above, taking a beautifully crafted and immersive environment and turning it into a circus.

There is no reason to maintain this stubborn forced PVP mindset.

Just make it a flag for gods sake! Let the people that want to PVP flag for it. The ones that will actually be a CHALLENGE, like these children chiming in on the forums against this change don't want because they could never win in a fair fight, will flag and PVP as normal. The one's that don't will take their auto-looping AFK madness out of the cities.

Put an icon over people's heads so you know they are flagged PVP. Have PVP flag automatically if you go to certain areas.

Forcing PVP in random open world environments does NOT contribute to fun, immersive, HONORABLE PVP, it contributes to griefing and the nightmare described.

All those angry insulting people that will post to this thread are just griefers and trolls that could never win in a fair fight, so they hatefully defend their right to gank.

And it is ruining the game for every sane person out there.

I'm as anti-gank as they get, but no, PVP should not be optional. There should be heavy penalties against ganking, and less penalty against being murdered, but the risk should still be there, it adds to the experience and provides an adrenaline rush that you're not going to get from just mindlessly killing AI mobs.

Posted

Life must be easy when your only argument in discussions is: It's a core element of the game.

Wish I was that wise.

Posted

Life's not fair, you leave the safety of a town and get killed. What you gonna do about it? Play the victim? Cry on the Forums?

It's not gonna change anything. You're just gonna get Pked again.

Posted

BS. I wont repeat what many before me already stated. This game is all about PvE, if you think differently you are the delusional one. Pls count the number of hours you spend PvEing and then compare that to number of hours you spend PvPing.

Take a look at League of Legends, or Dota 2 (these are familiar to most, but the explanation is simple enough if you're unfamiliar). In these mobas, you kill minions, structures, and enemy players. Compare the amount of time you spend 'laning' - killing minions, killing jungle mobs, killing bosses, getting money to buy gear and level up, and attacking structures - to the amount of time actually spent teamfighting and killing the enemy team. Hundreds of minions will die in minutes, but likely less than 100 player kills will occur in the entire game. You dance around each other, trying to take objectives, grinding as much as possible, and killing as often as necessary/desired if you feel you've got the upper hand in an encounter.

Why kill minions? To get money to get gear, to level up and get stronger. Why do this? So that you can become more effective at your role. Why do this? To push through the players standing in your way to reach that PVE objective and win the game.

And yet, League isn't a PVE game. It's one of the most popular competitive games in the world. BDO isn't a PVE game either. They are each objective based PVP games that include PVE as the means of strengthening your PVP game. In BDO you kill [minions], focus on objectives (node wars, castle siege, even Sausan control), and gear/level up off your [minion] grinding. You're just playing the long game in BDO, building yourself up over the course of months to deal with your opponent, rather than in a single hour. There's a lot more freedom in your targets, there's stuff to do in your base (safe zones) aside from afk'ing, but the PVE still exists to make you a better PVP'er to allow you to control the PVE.

The PVE here is big, it's important, but it's a PVP game that uses PVE elements. It is not a PVE game that includes PVP just to annoy you, regardless of any time investment ratios you've come up with. Players kill you for 2 reasons - to control the flow of PVE, or because they can. That second one is just called freedom of choice, and it's one small sandbox element we get here. Even if they've killed your afk fisher for no reason other than to grief you, they've just denied you potentially millions of silver. If you were playing the game as intended, that'd be a victory for your enemy, as they've made you that much less funded to make yourself a credible threat. That's the entire point. That's the game you're playing. If that's not what you want to do, there is some small consolation you can take by joining a suicide cult to keep your character under level 45, obviously - but then you lose anyway.

There's a reason Pearl Abyss didn't just put all your fishing hotspots in safe zones, and there's a reason that this game doesn't have instanced dungeons like 99% of the rest of the MMOs on the market.

Hint: It's not because they were incapable of designing a game that would tuck you away safely in your own private dungeon spamming hell. It's because they want you to have to step out and deal with the threat of other players. It's because they want to reward your risk.

3 people like this

Posted

Pvp is optional

in fact, this whole game is optional. If you don't like pvp, play a single player game.

pvp is the only reason this game is considered multiplayer

Posted

JYZ397GsFrFtu.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yet the bombs continue falling while people are sleeping. The outside is tough, in the game at least you have safe zones.

Besides, this game is not fair regardless.

RNG stats on level, RNG hidden stats, Gear>>>>>Skill, $$$ >= Time, etc etc. There is nothing fair about this game.

Soooo, if you want to build fisherman castles while AFK, though luck for you, you can stay afk in safe zones.

P.S. Threads like these are why you get PKed.

Edited by CruleD

Posted

doubt you got the first idea about what actual pvp is -.- the karma system is a horrific system for pvp, its a punishment system instead of a reward system.

a pvp game should Reward you for being good at pvp and engaging in honerable pvp, not punish you indescriminently...

we need a real flagging system. we need a real reward system for pvp'ing and fighting. we need the 1v1,3v3,5v5 ranked arena's. we need more scenario pvp (medium scale, since giant zergs have never been very "good" for actual PvP since it is just a cluster----- with little to no player skill involved.)

Who the hell..Do I know you? What do you know about what I know about PVP?

The karma system helps make life easier for carebears and forces people not to grief spam. Poor design, but it does something to alleviate problems for people that want to run around alone and can't defend themselves, if only slightly. We declare war for any relevant PVP, obviously, since the PVP is centered around guilds for the most part.

Posted

this is a pve game with pvp on top -.- if you got any clue about basic game design you would see this. discussion ended (since its been stated a lot of times why in specifics, go read the TONS of discussions on this area).

when that is said moba's can only be used in the argument to explain why moba's are pvp orientated and not pve (since ALL progression, ALL gain, ALL systems are build around the pvp as its core, without the pvp everything falls apart in the system(bot games are there to simulated a Player for pvp as well, its a standin))). none of that is the case in BDO, all systems are pve orientated and pvp could be 100% removed from the game and all systems would still work perfectly.

(thats the SUPER short version of what there is pages explaining in other threads on the area)

You're telling me node wars would work just fine without the PVP? Excuse me then, I clearly have no idea how this game works after all.

Posted (edited)

this is a pve game with pvp on top -.- if you got any clue about basic game design you would see this. discussion ended (since its been stated a lot of times why in specifics, go read the TONS of discussions on this area).

when that is said moba's can only be used in the argument to explain why moba's are pvp orientated and not pve (since ALL progression, ALL gain, ALL systems are build around the pvp as its core, without the pvp everything falls apart in the system(bot games are there to simulated a Player for pvp as well, its a standin))). none of that is the case in BDO, all systems are pve orientated and pvp could be 100% removed from the game and all systems would still work perfectly.

(thats the SUPER short version of what there is pages explaining in other threads on the area)

The problem is that they do not see it or want to admit it. Having PVP optional would not change anything to proper PVP players. If you have a flagged system it would only annoy the one ganking or who want free meat. I am tired to PVP against freaking mindless people who just believe they are good cause they got the best gear. If Skill>Gear they will be the first one to come cry here and request a flag system. There is way more PVE player than PVP player in BDO. And they are just scared of it. PVP flag would make the game better. It would not remove the PVP, not divide the community. Just make sure these mindless PVPers actually fight for real. I am so tired to see these lame PVPers, calling other carebears and telling them to get out of the game. You know if all people against PVP would leave, the game would die. 

And for the 1000000000 freaking times: This game is not a PVP game. It is a game with PVE and OWPVP. If you want to only kill others, go play a full PVP game and stop trying to make this game what you want, while insulting players who want to improve it. I agree with you Tjaranis btw.

You're telling me node wars would work just fine without the PVP? Excuse me then, I clearly have no idea how this game works after all.

Hmmm. You could remove PVP and still have GvG and Node Wars, instanced or Guild based??? It will be controlled and voluntary PVP. I can see a lot of options there :).

Edited by Pechane

Posted

I find it perplexing that anyone can say; 'this game is for X type of player' when it's clearly been described as a sandbox MMO. That line of thinking is just plain nonsensical. 

One only has to look at the game's official website and own official advertising to see that it aims to embrace both PvE and PvP. It's just the way it is, and there for everyone to see.

Additionally, there's a basic rule: If you want an MMO to go backwards; you continually narrow your appeal and divide your player-base. If you want it to succeed/expand; you widen it. It really is that simple.

I'm not saying the game should be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. But there's no reason PvP and PvE cannot exist together in the same game; giving both sensible majorities of those player bases what they want. But to get there there needs to be balancing, and significant balancing, for both PvP and PvE. 

2 people like this

Posted

I find it perplexing that anyone can say; 'this game is for X type of player' when it's clearly been described as a sandbox MMO. That line of thinking is just plain nonsensical. 

One only has to look at the game's official website and own official advertising to see that it aims to embrace both PvE and PvP. It's just the way it is, and there for everyone to see.

Additionally, there's a basic rule: If you want an MMO to go backwards; you continually narrow your appeal and divide your player-base. If you want it to succeed/expand; you widen it. It really is that simple.

I'm not saying the game should be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. But there's no reason PvP and PvE cannot exist together in the same game; giving both sensible majorities of those player bases what they want. But to get there there needs to be balancing, and significant balancing, for both PvP and PvE. 

+1 (Can't put like anymore for today).

Posted

Its not selfish, PvP is the purpose of this game. The game even warns you that you can be attacked when you leave a safe zone, what more do you want? They are just playing the game, you aren't. Nobody told you to go afk in a DANGER zone.

Pvp has no real purpose in the game. What I mean is one player fighting another player has no real  purpurpose.  GvG, Nod/ Siege Wars is part of the game and has purpose.

Lets keep it real here  pking AFkers is just A-hat deal there is no fight just some hat keeping himself busy until they join a guild for a real fight.

Pvp is optional

in fact, this whole game is optional. If you don't like pvp, play a single player game.

pvp is the only reason this game is considered multiplayer

umm that kind of misleading just cause if it this statement was true .... you be playing smite a lot more than being on this forum. 

you can use Dota, Smite and LoL as examples but its broken in the end. Dota, Smite and LoL reward you in the end for doing Team based PvP. In bdo you do not get rewarded for pvp, but you get rewarded from  GvG and the Wars ( forgot battlefield also I think)

In short  BdO single player  pvp combat ... in fact it is shunned base on the karma system.

Posted

Pvp has no real purpose in the game. What I mean is one player fighting another player has no real  purpurpose.  GvG, Nod/ Siege Wars is part of the game and has purpose.

By your logic what is purpose of the PVE in game? To gear up and buff up to do what exactly? All the raid instances and dungeons for end game gear? Nope

Massive multiplayer online games, where players can affect your play. I'll like to know one MMORPG that is a sandbox that's not open world PVP. This game is pretty softcore in the sense that you become vunerable at level 45 whereas other sandboxes make you PVP vunerable straight away.

Posted (edited)

Just make gearing up optional, give top gear to anyone that can't bother~
Just make leveling optional, give max level to everyone who can't bother grinding~
Just make playing yourself optional, just allow bots to everyone who can't bother playing~

No matter how you say it, it'd still ruin the game as it's meant to be.

Edited by Misa

Posted

Go to Bold in bottom if you just want point statements:

i don't need to know you better than reading your views on the subject. you believing that karma systems are the "pvp focused game creator" shows you don't have a clue about pvp design at all.

karma systems are there to PREVENT people from engaging in pvp, its there as a full on stopper, it is punishing you for engaging into pvp.

its a system invented to give people the "feeling" that there is pvp in a game, when in fact there is not and it is 100% focused on the pve aspect of the system.

pvp systems created for pvp will reward you for the pvp effort, it will focus on reward systems and RL skill over Stats.

Stats gain through pve = pve setup.

Stats having very high impact on pvp = pve setup (since thats where you gain the stats).

this is just basic without going into how the pvp systems are not required for the pve to function in anyway/shape or form. but the pvp cannot function at all if you remove the PvE from the system. which again means its a pve setup in its core.

its not that hard to follow and its pretty basic stuff, however too many people are to ignorant on the subject to have the first clue and are calling it a pvp game even though it is designed 100% around PvE grinding for thousinds upon thousinds of hours, and where ALL pvp is there to improve pve gain.

now how would this be a pvp game? if the pvp was the MAIN focus of the design:

1: you would be able to progress very effectively by PURE pvp, never touching pve.

2: you would be REWARDED for pvp, not punished.

3: pvp would be the main ranking and focus.

4: RL skills would mean FAR more than gear (100h pve grind player that is a expert or master at pvp, would/should rolfstomp a 10.000h grind player which are average or lower at pvp).

5: the pve systems is designed to improve the pvp experience and help create scenario's that gives meaningfull pvp, or improve the tactical possibility of the PvP. its there to make pvp more multi-dimensional in its setup.

now NONE of these apply to BDO, bdo is this:

1: you cannot progress by pvp, you are actually losing progression if you engage in all aspects of the pvp (losing crystals, XP, time, Repair cost etc. 20min pvp for me easily cost 200k+ in repair,potion,foods,etc (and if i maximized here it could easily cost 500k+)).

2: there is no reward system for PvP, contrary there is a punishment system discuraging you from ever pvp'ing just to have  fun with others, or to train your pvp skills.

3: there is no actual ranking system in pvp to see who are the best pvp'ers. (redbattlefield doesnt rank any kind of skills).

4: Stats means FAR too much for it to be a competitive setup. you are FAR better off using the time to grind gear than training in arena. because stats will easy mode win fights for you. A 200/200(with maxed out SP) person va. 130/150(with low SP due to lack of pve grinding), its not even a fight at that point.

5: all the pve systems are working perfectly without any pvp systems at all. the pve systems does not require the pvp systems at all. neither do they add to the pvp system in a manner that either give more tactical pvp options, more pvp dimensions, more scenario's to engage in etc. pve is a fully functioning game on it's own. while the pvp does not function without the pve (since pvp is ONLY there to provide more avenue to PvE, not the other way around.)

Is English not your first language? I have no idea what you think I said, but it sounds inaccurate. Pve focused game creator? What? Reread my statement on karma.

I may remark on the rest later, but I'll be sleeping for now.

Posted

NO.

Posted

By your logic what is purpose of the PVE in game? To gear up and buff up to do what exactly? All the raid instances and dungeons for end game gear? Nope

Massive multiplayer online games, where players can affect your play. I'll like to know one MMORPG that is a sandbox that's not open world PVP. This game is pretty softcore in the sense that you become vunerable at level 45 whereas other sandboxes make you PVP vunerable straight away.

You're missing the point ... 

There is more rewards  for GvG, Battlefield and the Wars vs a Player pking a lower geared player or afkers 

Posted

and to answer shortly. Node wars have NO effect on the pve. it does not matter. its a system decupled from the pve system completely, thrown on top of it.

the PvE is not there to supply the nodewars with higher complexity for the pvp. the nodeWars are purely there to give PvP'ers  something that could resemblence pvp. it could be its own game entirely (and equalizing the stats, removing the grind, etc. would actually make for a FAR more pvp orientated game.)

anyway read above, is explained a lot more.

You are actually wrong, guilds owning nodes or cities have their emblem over it. They collect taxes that are deposited to the guild funds. Any guild member that sends workers to guild nodes get double the resources. Also please explain Valencia with you current logic.