• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just make PVP optional.

981 posts in this topic

Posted

Does not require it, but is apart of it.

PvP is only Honorable combat

Two men

Alone in a field

Ready for battle

Sweaty

Katanas drawn

Rippling Muscles

Fierce intensity

They make out

Posted

Please make PVE optional.

Posted

War does. Call it a skirmish if it pleases you.

It pleases me that ganking/skirmishes be a part of guild wars.

Posted

Two men

Alone in a field

Ready for battle

Sweaty

Katanas drawn

Rippling Muscles

Fierce intensity

They make out

This can be apart of it too, i guess.

Posted

This is a PVP game.

This has been promoted as a PVP game.

Just because no PVE game out there is nearly as amazing as this - doesn't mean that we need to remove the MAIN SELLING POINT OF THE GAME. 

Just wait until Node Wars and Castle Sieges if you think the OWPVP is bad now. 

Seriously though, it's your fault completely for not doing enough research on the game to make a decision to pass because this game has been and will always be pushed as a PvP game. Yeah, they are adding some more PvE things, but all in all - Black Desert Online is built for PvP. 

Posted

Two men

Alone in a field

Ready for battle

Sweaty

Katanas drawn

Rippling Muscles

Fierce intensity

They make out

you would fit well in my guild haha....

Posted

you guys pointed me to articles that are a year old and hosted at non BDO offical websites. In full sincerity, is there anywhere on the BDO official page that says PVP?

The article/ interview is from "black-desert.com" which as near as I can tell is a ~fan~ site.

Seriously, is there anything on the main page that says "This game will have full on ganking"?  I don't see it.  

Look, you can insult me and my intelligence all you want but that's just a personal shot at the messenger.  The truth is that Black Desert Online is the game ~we~ define it to be because the developers have not ~officially~ put any label on it at all.  If they did, they did so in press interviews but they couldn't be arsed to have their own web designers and marketers translate that to actual marketing.

You can keep saying this is a PVP game but that won't magically update the website, or add some in game tutorial.  And yes there's a lot there about RP more than PVE but it certainly implies more PVE than it does PVP....

Hallo,

I like your answer. let me also write few words, if everyone allows.

1. Games from korea are always like this and i have never seen a game dev who changed it besides Tera NA.

2. They do not care if you play or not cause they will simply create a new postbox/offshore company and Et_voilla. The only thing they bet are the name of "Korea" and not their own company name.

3. I would like to beleive that it worked in past but the people are almost getting tired and they forget the main point of this that "mouth propagande is not going to work well". This is probably the last hit from korea which found almost 1 million + population. they will come up with. Next  Korean game has a really good chance to have less than BDO users playing in EU.

4. If you meet devs/publishers from korea. They only say one thing. get the "females" in your game and everything is fine. This is really a fact!.

5. One more fact that probably they have already or will get users who pay gladly 70k - 100k € per month. So, basiclly as a normal user you have basiclly no voice or no chance to reach anyone. This is also a fact!.

What are players who voice against this gaining from it ?

Well, it is good to know that people are voicing against voilent behaviour and this is something that you should take also in rl. if you see something wrong voice against it or probably doing it already!."thumbs up".

What are players gaining who are voicing for ganking and indirect for BDO.

I wonder if they get some goodies from Daum Games ? but i doubt it. So, probably just ignore them cause fighting with them will help noone. Just let them say their thoughts and give them time to let their anger out. It is fine. It is still better to let it out hier in forum.

If i hurt anyone unknowingly, i really apologize from depths of my heart.

I wish you all a Good Afternoon.

Posted

Nah shouldn't be optional but I wouldn't mind if they gave you the option to stay at 44 if you just wanna life skill. Mostly cause my afk fisher is creepin up in levels.

Posted (edited)

It pleases me that ganking/skirmishes be a part of guild wars.

Ganking is part of guild wars indeed. And you know what else is part of guild wars? Every and all guilds.

And there're only 3 states: ally, cold war, war.

War = KoS, cold war = gank if the need arise.

What is so hard to understand?

Edited by Suh

Posted

What answers?

you guys pointed me to articles that are a year old and hosted at non BDO offical websites. In full sincerity, is there anywhere on the BDO official page that says PVP?

The article/ interview is from "black-desert.com" which as near as I can tell is a ~fan~ site.

Seriously, is there anything on the main page that says "This game will have full on ganking"?  I don't see it.  

Look, you can insult me and my intelligence all you want but that's just a personal shot at the messenger.  The truth is that Black Desert Online is the game ~we~ define it to be because the developers have not ~officially~ put any label on it at all.  If they did, they did so in press interviews but they couldn't be arsed to have their own web designers and marketers translate that to actual marketing.

You can keep saying this is a PVP game but that won't magically update the website, or add some in game tutorial.  And yes there's a lot there about RP more than PVE but it certainly implies more PVE than it does PVP....

so ur sayING because a company doesnt list you will be ganked because the decision is in the player base hands to do so, that it should not be allowed in a open source mmo that had owpvp known and played since 2012.. .. and my evidence of discussion of knowledge of its full existence a yr ago us irrelevant to the situation.

good luck to u buddy idk what else to tell you.  Your ignorance is real 

Posted

Hallo,

I like your answer. let me also write few words, if everyone allows.

1. Games from korea are always like this and i have never seen a game dev who changed it besides Tera NA.

Then you havent played Aion. That game underwent fundamental changes, especially in regards to open world pvp.

Ganking is part of guild wars indeed. And you know what else is part of guild wars? Every and all guilds.

And there're only 3 states: ally, cold war, war.

War = KoS, cold war = gank if the need arise.

What is so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to understand that the views of extremists arent acceptable for the majority?

Posted (edited)

Why is it so hard to understand that the views of extremists arent acceptable for the majority?

Majority of what? All previous polls that proved otherwise?

Also it's not extremist because you decide it, I actually have a perfectly balanced opinion on the matter: the implementation of the PvP quest is poorly done, that's a fact, it needs to be changed so that the quest and the PvP level match one way or the other.

That said, it's an open world pvp and your guild is not supposed to be able to arbitrary substract itself from the world.

I'm perfectly fine with people doing PvE only in BDO, but don't screw the system because you decided that it should be PvE only.

Let's be honest, I probably care more about PvE players than you do about PvP players (well, I do both, so I guess it helps), and claiming I'm an extremist only proves how short minded and selfish you're, because in the end, you just want to adapt things to your taste and doesn't care about the consequences.

Edited by Suh
1 person likes this

Posted

It is getting ridiculous and there is no rational reason to continue this hard-lined view that it is working.

Visit any city now and you can't turn around. Why? Because 100 wagons with 4 horses each are going back and forth, back and forth, up and down the tight city streets. Why? Because you can not trust the player base to do voluntary PVP honorably.

People literally have nothing better to do than run around killing AFK fishers, auto-loop horse trainers and farmers. This results in crowded, ridiculous cityscapes like I described above, taking a beautifully crafted and immersive environment and turning it into a circus.

There is no reason to maintain this stubborn forced PVP mindset.

Just make it a flag for gods sake! Let the people that want to PVP flag for it. The ones that will actually be a CHALLENGE, like these children chiming in on the forums against this change don't want because they could never win in a fair fight, will flag and PVP as normal. The one's that don't will take their auto-looping AFK madness out of the cities.

Put an icon over people's heads so you know they are flagged PVP. Have PVP flag automatically if you go to certain areas.

Forcing PVP in random open world environments does NOT contribute to fun, immersive, HONORABLE PVP, it contributes to griefing and the nightmare described.

All those angry insulting people that will post to this thread are just griefers and trolls that could never win in a fair fight, so they hatefully defend their right to gank.

And it is ruining the game for every sane person out there.

You are bad and should feel bad.

Hello kitty online adventureland is thataway -->

This is a pvp oriented game, why didn't you stick with Runescape?

1 person likes this

Posted

so ur sayING because a company doesnt list you will be ganked because the decision is in the player base hands to do so, that it should not be allowed in a open source mmo that had owpvp known and played since 2012.. .. and my evidence of discussion of knowledge of its full existence a yr ago us irrelevant to the situation.

good luck to u buddy idk what else to tell you.  Your ignorance is real 

I think the issue is this and it's not about ignorance (I know it now) it's about being honest with people about how and why they've reached the points they've reached.

Do you think anyone (myself included) went out to find a serious PVP game and then turned around thought we'd throw our energy into trying to change that game just to make us suit us?  You're assuming a lot of things in so doing when the more likely story for most is a lot more reasonable.

I don't follow game blogs and I don't follow news sites for gaming.  I have very limited free time, enough that I wouldn't play a game like Ulitma Online or EVE because the commitments required in such open universes is more than I can put into a single game session.  There's a reason I stopped playing UO and it wasn't because they created PVE servers; it was because I didn't have the time to do the social networking to go from point A to point B everytime I played.

Speaking of, once upon a time, I did play EQ on an open PVP server.  I dealt with the getting gacked by another player mid kill.  I did the grinding faction so I could group with friends and not be KOS by the guards.  But what separates that from the OWPVP of BDO was that as a Gnome, it was easy to see a troll and be leary.  I had some kind of warning as a player that something was off and I had more time to make informed choices about my own actions.  But I digress.

What I found here was a game that was advertised TO ME through official ads and the main website, a rich open PVE game with crafting, housing, trade skills and RP interactions.  I wasn't sure, totally, what these would look like in game, but I was curious enough to drop down my money.

And I didn't get PVP'd to death in that first hour of play.  No one shivved me while I leveled, no one ganked me while I fished, no one pounded me while I tried to kill some imps.  And I, like I suspect many people, don't want this game to change.

So for me, at any rate, yes, the PVP was a surprise because I took a leap of faith with a purchase.  I'm confident to some degree this is true of many of the people who don't want to "have to" PvP after level 45.  And for that portion of the player base, the PVP ~IS~ the change.  Taking PVP out on any level (ie limiting it, making it flag only, making it opt in with a quest) would be NOT changing the game given that there is no PVP for so long.

I will ~continue~ to point people at the about page when they insist that BDO is by design a PVP game as proof that it is not.  Games that value their PVP play advertise this.  The make a point to say "come here for good PVP play!".  BDO does not do that by choice.  This isn't an oversight; it's a conscious omission.

I'll say this again:

I don't want to change your game.

But I do want: a) for Daum to be more honest and forward with the PVP nature of the game b) people to be more understanding that a portion of this player base did not know about PVP until after they made their purchase.

Personally I think that Daum did it as a way to make easy money.  Get them in with the promise of good PVE and exciting RP and life skills, and then turn around and cut them off at the knees so they go home and the company can keep the money.  But that's the cynic in me.

In BDO, ~my~ game changes at level 45 and it becomes a game I don't want to play in it's current form.  But don't say it isn't a change. Going from PVE to OWPVP is a change and it happens mid game.  

If you're going to debate how the game should be, at least be honest about it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Let's be honest, I probably care more about PvE players than you do about PvP players (well, I do both, so I guess it helps), and claiming I'm an extremist only prove how short minded and selfish you're, because in the end, you just want to adapt things to your taste and doesn't care about the consequences.

For one, pvpers worth that name are so hard to find. For the other, we dont mean to adapt the entire game to our taste. We ask for a pve server. This is a mmo; giving us pve servers in the year of 2016 is hardly unreasonable.

edit: Once we get that pve server, im all in favor of a hardmode pvp server, with pvp unlocked at level 1 fullblown corpse looting and whatnot.

Edited by Fjokki

Posted

Honestly, if they'd remove the PVP the whole grind and pve -----ery would suck even more.

Posted

With such a low cap I'm not wasting it on someone running a pack back and forth or on a wagon. If u think that ur going to get randomly ganked when u leave town then u haven't played this game long enough to know I want to use my karma on someone in a farming spot to take it for myself. Or on a guild member we are not friendly with. 

But hey if u want to kill this game and cut the pop in half go for it.  Enjoy being the reason BDO na fails. 

Posted

I think the issue is this and it's not about ignorance (I know it now) it's about being honest with people about how and why they've reached the points they've reached.

Do you think anyone (myself included) went out to find a serious PVP game and then turned around thought we'd throw our energy into trying to change that game just to make us suit us?  You're assuming a lot of things in so doing when the more likely story for most is a lot more reasonable.

I don't follow game blogs and I don't follow news sites for gaming.  I have very limited free time, enough that I wouldn't play a game like Ulitma Online or EVE because the commitments required in such open universes is more than I can put into a single game session.  There's a reason I stopped playing UO and it wasn't because they created PVE servers; it was because I didn't have the time to do the social networking to go from point A to point B everytime I played.

Speaking of, once upon a time, I did play EQ on an open PVP server.  I dealt with the getting gacked by another player mid kill.  I did the grinding faction so I could group with friends and not be KOS by the guards.  But what separates that from the OWPVP of BDO was that as a Gnome, it was easy to see a troll and be leary.  I had some kind of warning as a player that something was off and I had more time to make informed choices about my own actions.  But I digress.

What I found here was a game that was advertised TO ME through official ads and the main website, a rich open PVE game with crafting, housing, trade skills and RP interactions.  I wasn't sure, totally, what these would look like in game, but I was curious enough to drop down my money.

And I didn't get PVP'd to death in that first hour of play.  No one shivved me while I leveled, no one ganked me while I fished, no one pounded me while I tried to kill some imps.  And I, like I suspect many people, don't want this game to change.

So for me, at any rate, yes, the PVP was a surprise because I took a leap of faith with a purchase.  I'm confident to some degree this is true of many of the people who don't want to "have to" PvP after level 45.  And for that portion of the player base, the PVP ~IS~ the change.  Taking PVP out on any level (ie limiting it, making it flag only, making it opt in with a quest) would be NOT changing the game given that there is no PVP for so long.

I will ~continue~ to point people at the about page when they insist that BDO is by design a PVP game as proof that it is not.  Games that value their PVP play advertise this.  The make a point to say "come here for good PVP play!".  BDO does not do that by choice.  This isn't an oversight; it's a conscious omission.

I'll say this again:

I don't want to change your game.

But I do want: a) for Daum to be more honest and forward with the PVP nature of the game b) people to be more understanding that a portion of this player base did not know about PVP until after they made their purchase.

Personally I think that Daum did it as a way to make easy money.  Get them in with the promise of good PVE and exciting RP and life skills, and then turn around and cut them off at the knees so they go home and the company can keep the money.  But that's the cynic in me.

In BDO, ~my~ game changes at level 45 and it becomes a game I don't want to play in it's current form.  But don't say it isn't a change. Going from PVE to OWPVP is a change and it happens mid game.  

If you're going to debate how the game should be, at least be honest about it.

I played the game JP server and KR server.... I'm nothing but honest on how it is and should be probably a yr if not more before it released NA... if anything that pvp level should completely be lowered especially dud to the pirating and ship war coming outo in KR june.  Not saying I know what that's like but it should seriously not allow people to avoid pirates in deep sea fishing by being under level 45 means I can't kill them.

Posted

You do not speak for the majority. You speak for yourself. Think about who is who.

PvP is part of this game's rules, openly PvPing with penalities aka "ganking" is part of this game's rules. Just because you dislike\disagree with something doesn't mean it should change.

A big part of the thrill and enjoyment of this game comes from "having to look over your shoulder", knowing you're never 100% safe (safe-zones aside). This makes the heart pump faster, gives a special rush, when you're defending yourself, running for your virtual life, or counter-attacking whoever tried to jump on you. Ganking whether you like it or not be it for gankers or the ganked is part of the fun in this game.

(and i speak mostly from the pov of enjoying counter-attacking people who think have an advantage because they jumped on me first :P) 

Posted

This is a PVP game.

This has been promoted as a PVP game.

Just because no PVE game out there is nearly as amazing as this - doesn't mean that we need to remove the MAIN SELLING POINT OF THE GAME. 

Just wait until Node Wars and Castle Sieges if you think the OWPVP is bad now. 

Seriously though, it's your fault completely for not doing enough research on the game to make a decision to pass because this game has been and will always be pushed as a PvP game. Yeah, they are adding some more PvE things, but all in all - Black Desert Online is built for PvP. 

Yet another person spouting off that the main focus of this game is PvP yet has no evidence proving this. Just the simple fact that to them the selling point is OWPvP so omg that means it has to be the selling point for everyone!!

Sigh...

You tell people at it's there fault for not researching the game yet you seem to be the one who has not researched the game and is now spouting things that are untrue.. Well done.

Posted

I played the game JP server and KR server.... I'm nothing but honest on how it is and should be probably a yr if not more before it released NA... if anything that pvp level should completely be lowered especially dud to the pirating and ship war coming outo in KR june.  Not saying I know what that's like but it should seriously not allow people to avoid pirates in deep sea fishing by being under level 45 means I can't kill them.

If this game had open world PVP at level 10 I think the forums would be VERY different.  Or at least some of us more reasonable folks wouldn't be making the case for more PVP options at 45 because we wouldn't have spent so long falling in love with "the wrong game".

I honestly equate BDO to dating a girl who, it turns out, has some REALLY messed up issues that run so deep it's not something you learn until you've been living together for 2 years.  You've put so much into the relationship and you so don't want to go, but it isn't the same person you thought you were in love with.

Posted

A pvp game where the devs don't even have node wars and siege wars as a priority wooo

Posted

Just make pve optional. Why should they force me to grind levels for gear and accuracy? It's stupid. 

I should never have to pve if I like pvp. 

Funny thing is, no pve player would really oppose you, or get upset, or tell you to uninstall, gtfo, so on and so forth.

Want a pvp server with no pve?  Go nuts, by all means, what do I care?  Heck, allow cross-server whispers so we can keep in touch.  Want to take your level 1, hop on a horse, go straight to valencia (u know what I mean), damn man, too rich for my blood but best of luck, send a postcard.

pve players aren't the problem here.  Live and let live isn't just acceptable, it's preferred.

I am happy that you , as one person, are capable and knowledgable to make the judgement that all pvpers only have one reason for wanting the game to remain the way it is. 

You are incorrect though. I want it to remain because with pve'rs flocking to pve shards then pvp will not have a purpose. the purpose of pvp is to take castles and earn taxes from pve players that trade through our city... and lets face it you arent wrong in saying there are more pve. that was never an argument i was in. and with more pve it would be less immersive with everyone out and about doing skills , it brings happyness when i can go defend my sister guilds that are just trying to mine rocks and are being attacked. 

See, now this is interesting. 

So you're saying that if all the pve players did as many in threads like these tell them to do, and they just uninstall the game and never look back, the pvp part of the game would collapse with no purpose at all?  I don't disagree, but I also don't really feel compelled to be a pawn in a game design that suits you. 

I'd love to play a game in which we can both have fun together, no doubt!  That sounds great.  But a game in which I'm just here to fulfill a purpose you wouldn't have without me, while others are throwing rotten tomatoes at me, and demand the right to ruin my gameplay at their leisure, etc... I'm all for you having fun man but that's a bit much.

O.o how exactly did i fail... it is part of the game that some pvpers kill pvers , i like to kill those people. how would i be able to kill those people if not for owpvp.

While I appreciate you like to avenge and fight the righteous fight (really, I do), it's not sustainable. 

That's a game design that requires half (if not more) of its population to be made unhappy with the game.  Without owpvp, there can be no pkers, and thus you cannot go kill pkers.  Ok, so far I can agree with that.  But... for there to be pkers, a pve player has to be killed against his/her will.

Now how long do you think that's going to work?  Long enough to make some money, I suppose.  Enough money to offset localization, marketing, etc... I would hope, because there's no way pve players stick around for the long term just to be someone else's punching bag.  We don't really need to do that, we're just kind enough to tolerate it now because we like the game and want to give it a fair chance.

As many others have said in many other threads, and as CM_Jouska has confirmed will happen, fixing the quest that allows pve players to remain pve players is likely a perfectly viable solution.  CM_Jouska noted it hasn't been determined if it will be quest->lvl 45 and change copy, or pvp-level->50 and keep copy, but one or the other is going to happen.  No question, confirmed.

No, I'm not likely to go digging for the link.  Sorry.  Maybe if I eat some chocolate later, I'll feel more charitable.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For one, pvpers worth that name are so hard find. For the other, we dont mean to adapt the entire game to our taste. We ask for a pve server. This is a mmo; giving us pve servers in 2016 is hardly unreasonable.

For one, I missed the part where you're the competent authority to judge. Especially since you have some a priori regarding people who enjoy OPvP as much as regulated PvP. Fyi, it's way harder to lead a PvP group in an open environnement where literally anything can happen and will force you to adapt, than leading a 3v3 arena with a lot of predictable behaviors. Different "skills" but "skills" non the less.

For the other: "you" asked for a shitload of different things, the OP wants a PvP flag, some wants a PvE server, some thinks PvP players should go to jail. Yet you all fail to focus on the only thing that will ever possibly change: the PvP quest.

There's no point in opening a new server now since there's no large influx of new players. Secondly, economy on a PvE-only server won't work since you'll disregard some of the biggest money sinks. The game needs different kind of people on the same server to fill and empty the AH.

Edited by Suh

Posted (edited)

If this game had open world PVP at level 10 I think the forums would be VERY different.  Or at least some of us more reasonable folks wouldn't be making the case for more PVP options at 45 because we wouldn't have spent so long falling in love with "the wrong game".

I honestly equate BDO to dating a girl who, it turns out, has some REALLY messed up issues that run so deep it's not something you learn until you've been living together for 2 years.  You've put so much into the relationship and you so don't want to go, but it isn't the same person you thought you were in love with.

you really just associated playing a game... to dating a girl..... lol

And my day has been made lol its 30 bucks if there was a "surprise" quit... plenty of other pve only pure games. Because the time I sunk in a no hood girl when thins are revealed to me means I cut my loses there.... just lol

Edited by F0X