• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cherry Blossom Petals Removed?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I figured like the Easter event, the vendor would disappear, but the item (eggs/petals) would remain. Not only did the vendor disappear with this event, but also the trees I planted are gone, the seeds I gathered are gone, and most importantly the Cherry Blossom Petals are gone from my warehouse. They had buff value and at the very lease vendor value of 10k... I had hundreds of these petals saved up... Is this a bug???

2 people like this

Posted

Mine are gone too. This is quite upsetting at 10k a pop.

Posted

The seeds I was saving up for later all disappeared too. I figured we'd get to keep the items like we got to keep the Easter eggs.

Posted

Didnt you play KR, RU, JPN? You should have prepared for this by doing 50 hours of research /sarcasm.

Hopefully its just a bug and they werent stealth removed cause that would suck

5 people like this

Posted

• Cherry Blossom Event

• During this event players will be able to obtain Cherry Blossom Seeds by gathering from the following resources with their bare hands; Dry Thicket, Wild Herb, and Desert Herb.

• Unwithering Cherry Blossom Petals give the following 30 minute buff when consumed:  Attack/Movement/Cast Speed +1, Critical Hit +1, HP & MP +30.

• Cherry Blossom Seeds can be cultivated in a garden, although they are a bit larger than most plants and require 2 grids of space to grow.  Once the Cherry Blossom Tree is fully grown you will be able to harvest Unwithering Cherry Blossom Petals.

• Unwithering Cherry Blossom Petals can be exchanged at seed vendors found in Heidel and Calpheon.

igDTvO1.pngRywNcvT.png

• Exchange 10 for a Cherry Blossom Pot which gives 20 interior points when placed in your home.

• Exchange 30 for a cosmetic accessory, Cherry Blossom Earring.

• Cherry Blossom Seeds and Unwithering Cherry Blossom Petals will disappear after the event has ended.

• Cherry Blossom Seeds and Unwithering Cherry Blossom Petals can be sold for 10,000 silver to NPCs.

• This event ends May 4th.

Its announced in the event section, that everything will be removed after the event. 3rd row from below.

Posted

Awe, I was stockpiling petals for buffs... :(

Posted

Guys, they specifically stated in the initial announcement post that the petals would disappear after the event has ended. Sorry you stockpiled, but they made it very clear at the beginning of the event. Moving forward, I would read the announcement posts a bit more carefully.

1 person likes this

Posted

What was the point in removing them?

Posted

What was the point in removing them?

Probably to prevent stockpiling

Posted (edited)

Guys, they specifically stated in the initial announcement post that the petals would disappear after the event has ended. Sorry you stockpiled, but they made it very clear at the beginning of the event. Moving forward, I would read the announcement posts a bit more carefully.

Interesting, I guess they do get you with the kinda fine print.

Must admit, I fell for it as well.  After the Easter event, during which everything stayed available for quite some time even though the event ended, I had been gathering seeds while I could during the event to use as soon as I could (needed to rack up CP for fence but was managing priorities thinking this would work like easter event).  I was hoping for a potted plant for my house.

Not the end of the world, but I do wish they were consistent in how they run events going forward.  It's easier for them to have one policy than for every customer to individually scour every fun event announcement like it's a mortgage contract.

On the bright side, no more cherry seeds = reclaimed inventory space :)  Now who's putting their potted plant on the market so that I may give you my money? ;)

@Shinyou what's wrong with stockpiling?  Just a matter of resource and time management based on how they seemed to be operating events.  Don't see why this should be a problem for them except, maybe, database limitations but if this event pushed those limits for them, they're in trouble.

Edit: cleared out spaces in quote.

Edited by TheRedOne
dead space

Posted (edited)

Yeah I don't see the harm in keeping them... The consistency is what got me. At least if they were going to remove them they could have gave us the vendor value for the item... had a few hundred worth saved up for the buffs... the millions of silver would have been nice.

Edited by Roguefire
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Didnt you play KR, RU, JPN? You should have prepared for this by doing 50 hours of research /sarcasm.

Jon.gif

Edited by Pheace

Posted

Not the end of the world, but I do wish they were consistent in how they run events going forward.  It's easier for them to have one policy than for every customer to individually scour every fun event announcement like it's a mortgage contract.

Yes, I agree with you that some consistency would be nice. Or, if they are going to do something different such as in this case, they should have an extra announcement a week before the event ends to remind people that they should do something with their petals before the week is up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ouch. I got on board the cherry farm train late but saved up a good number of seeds and petals.

To think I could have had a lovely set of earrings and a few million silver for my Wizard instead.

<sad face>

I didn't even see the announcement of the event itself, only learned about it on Dulfy lol. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I find this post  offensive, and is completely unwarranted. Reported and everyone else should do the same.

As it was said this was inconsistency, but will be more cautious of future events. Some people don't read every bit of patch notes and just like to jump in game after a day of work.

Yeah that was pretty much obvious to everyone except Mr. D-bag there.

Posted (edited)

Honestly why didn't they just add an expiration to the item just like they do scrolls? That would have made a ton of sense.

Edited by Roguefire
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, I'm not upset. Not one bit. Just: Aww... lol

Posted

so petals/seeds are removed but easter eggs not ? Whats the difference ?

Posted

so petals/seeds are removed but easter eggs not ? Whats the difference ?

Yeah the buff from petals was shared with food so I really don't see why it hurt to have them.

Posted

Hopefully its just a bug and they werent stealth removed cause that would suck

That or you should have prepared yourself by doing 5 min of research looking at the event announcement ;)

Posted

That or you should have prepared yourself by doing 5 min of research looking at the event announcement ;)

I blame Dulfy for not mentioning this. I read all the patch notes but never even saw a posting for the event itself. (Still don't even know what it's for)

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/31/black-desert-cherry-blossom-event-guide/

Posted

I blame Dulfy for not mentioning this. I read all the patch notes but never even saw a posting for the event itself. (Still don't even know what it's for)

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/31/black-desert-cherry-blossom-event-guide/

So youre blaming another player for not doing your work of research? Really nice.

Its not her responsibilty, its yours. She just does guides, and she does it good. And I appreciate her work.

And if its true, that you have read all the patch notes, you must have seen this:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59844-patch-notes-march-30th/&do=findComment&comment=783978

Posted

I guess it makes sense though as having stacks of them to help with leveling could be too much of an advantage.

Posted

So youre blaming another player for not doing your work of research? Really nice.

Its not her responsibilty, its yours. She just does guides, and she does it good. And I appreciate her work.

And if its true, that you have read all the patch notes, you must have seen this:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59844-patch-notes-march-30th/&do=findComment&comment=783978

Quit with the white knighting. You missed the angle of my post. I don't really care nor do I blame Dulfy (it was sarcasm). I only discovered the event from Dulfy's post so my information was limited to that. I found out about the cherry blossom even AFTER I did the easter egg event (Which I did read in the patch notes)

I glossed over the event because it was the first major patch so I read the actual patch changes and stuff and events in games like these rarely have interest to me. I just had no idea they'd remove the stuff, it makes no sense to why those were treated different than the Eggs (I know people who have close to 1000 life eggs saved for a rainy day) but yes it is clearly in the patch notes.

Once again, I don't really care, I'm not complaining but the move is rather odd to me as the items are not very powerful or useful.

That'll learn you for trusting a 3rd party website =P

Is there where I'm supposed to demand compensation?