• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cherry Blossom Petals Removed?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh more warehouse spot for me.  :D

Posted (edited)

why the hell didnt they have a timer on them then? who the hell is going to remember they are going away. i wasnt interested in the event until i kept getting the crap and taking up my inventory then decided to plant the dam things, been carry them around all this time. ffs, maybe they were marked i see the rum is for the new event. in that case i must of missed the dam thing or forgot. still sucks

Edited by Pap
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Compensation of some sort is warranted here to keep good faith with the players.

Why?  Arguing this is not necessary, but I will list these points for the devs to consider not for some people that I see on the forums and threads trying to pimp out the RIF (reading is fundamental) mobile with new dubs (wheel rims) for their kicks.  Sour comments from these people are really not poignant or needed and are not cool--they inherently do not care because they did not put in the effort that others did which is the real self defeating argument here.

1. The Easter event that overlapped allowed us to keep our eggs towards next year or towards future use for buffs.  So the inference that we would be able to keep the petals for buffs is sensible to make even if unfortunately incorrect (in hindsight; being pointed out by people with no horse in the race who love to point out people's short comings and put salt in the wounds with comments--bonus cause for compensation right there just because).

2. The poster pointing out that it was BURIED deep in the patch notes still cannot argue away the inconsistency that is the problem here.  The patch notes for the new pirate event says "hey it will disappear be warned!" AS WELL AS on the very tool-tip for the event's Rum bottle item.  The Cherry Blossom seeds' item tool-tips did not give any such warning.

3.  Players were able to pick them last night, at the very end of the event.  While this may seem to be a good thing, I do believe that it is nice that we can grow them up to the end--BUT on the last day of an event if it is a growable item should have the now standard warning on tool-tip going forward.  Either that or a nonsensical a cut off of drops (not growth of them) within the last few hours of the event stopping to help draw attention to the upcoming removal; if there was no warning on the tool-tip itself, then this was not consistent with how the Easter event was handled.  The eggs subsisted (we gratefully stock those up for buffs).

4. Joke or not, we are grateful for the Dulfy guide.  Thank you Dulfy for all of the guides!  However this point made in jest (although not clearly understood to have been a joke without a footnote; /sarcasm on for the win in the post for next time please) still just solidifies these above points.  The ONLY warning was buried DEEP in the patch notes.  NOT on the tool-tip where the warning really should be/should have been.  I had a 2 entire yields (X10) growing last night.  And even more in the warehouse (X11).  I see in this thread that I am not the only player that was willing to invest the time and effort to grow the seeds or keep the petals for buffs for future use; then the devs should understandably see or hear from those of us who did that without seeing the DEEPLY hidden warning in the patch notes.  Folks who did that and were not properly warned just want some sort of compensation attempt from the devs on this, as well as updated Cherry blossom seed tool-tips for next year should the event return; and for any future similar limited time event.  To me that is not asking for too much really. 

I believe these points are valid.  Believe what you want to but some sort of compensation along with updating the tool-tips for the Cherry blossom seeds should be done for the players not happy with the unclear removal of the petals AND the seeds.  In my humble opinion, there really is no arguing against that valid point or the points listed above--unless someone is just intent to do so.  I do not challenge you to do that.  I hope that you do not do so, and please re-evaluate why it even matters to you if you have no horse in the race for this problem.  Thanks.

Edited by Jaydalf

Posted

They did say that it would all be removed, seed, trees, petals etc. I don't have the link but it was on notes at some point and I did read and remember this. I sold about 4 million of petals 30 minutes before servers went offline last night.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They did say that it would all be removed, seed, trees, petals etc. I don't have the link but it was on notes at some point and I did read and remember this. I sold about 4 million of petals 30 minutes before servers went offline last night.

Key to what you said (BURIED) in the Patch notes.  My key point is, that it was not on the Cherry Blossom Item tool-tip.  That is the main valid point that I am making.  Dulfy (to whom I hold no harm and am grateful) did not include this warning in the event: why? because it really was not that clear to most people.  Everyone may or may not have seen the patch notes.  It is inconsistent with the new rum bottle warning that IS on the item tool-tip.  There is no point against that in my humble opinion. 

Message to any other posters (below this post) besides the one above to be clear:

The above poster made his point without getting too smart or snarky about it.  To the other inevitable upcoming posters who just have to go nit picking (complete with pictures) on those who are not fortunate to have NOT been effected by this and saying that THEY should just chalk it up for next time--that is rather pointless and not a valid argument and it is not really class and is pretty unnecessary.  My lesson is learned and evident in the posts I have made but treating other players with respect is needed too (FF).  Daum has compensated us and done an excellent job of it, why buck that trend now? Again no argument, there in my humble opinion.  Nothing major just a little something to really chalk up a good lesson learned.  They should really do it now after seeing your picture accompanied post.  Thanks.

Edited by Jaydalf

Posted

Good. Next time don't stock pile anything and don't bother making cry threads.

Posted

Yeah that kind of sucks, I didn't know they were going to be removed. It's weird because they left the eggs from the Easter event so it's inconsistent. A tooltip or some sort of warning would have been nice. I get that we wouldn't find the cherry blossom trees etc. after the event but wasn't expecting the items to just vanish with no compensation.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah that kind of sucks, I didn't know they were going to be removed. It's weird because they left the eggs from the Easter event so it's inconsistent. A tooltip or some sort of warning would have been nice. I get that we wouldn't find the cherry blossom trees etc. after the event but wasn't expecting the items to just vanish with no compensation.

Thanks, and SO agreed.

Posted

First of all, yes, I understand that many people are concerned.

But maybe take the advice for the next events: Try to get as much informations about it as you can. It takes nearly no to little efford to find everything you need to know in this forum.

Maybe this event was buried in some patch notes, but it wasnt to hard to find it.

First: use the search at the right top corner

Second: Go to the very last page. This will be the page, where you normally find the first announcement.

Third: Scroll down to the first post and voila, your good to go.

No offense, but when I am reading some posts, I start to think, many people have forgotten to think logical and find a solution (didnt want to write: to use their brain). But come one, are some of you not old enough to do something yourself, without mommy or Daum taking your hand?

Do you really need a tooltip for every little thing? Or a compensation?

Didnt Daum compensate us better than nearly any other company till now?

first.png

second.png

third.png

Posted (edited)

First of all, yes, I understand that many people are concerned.

But maybe take the advice for the next events: Try to get as much informations about it as you can. It takes nearly no to little efford to find everything you need to know in this forum.

Maybe this event was buried in some patch notes, but it wasnt to hard to find it.

First: use the search at the right top corner

Second: Go to the very last page. This will be the page, where you normally find the first announcement.

Third: Scroll down to the first post and voila, your good to go.

No offense, but when I am reading some posts, I start to think, many people have forgotten to think logical and find a solution (didnt want to write: to use their brain). But come one, are some of you not old enough to do something yourself, without mommy or Daum taking your hand?

Do you really need a tooltip for every little thing? Or a compensation?

Didnt Daum compensate us better than nearly any other company till now?

first.png

second.png

third.png

Lesson learned yes.   Please just stop the post there. 

All the salt and sarcasm, totally not needed in my humble opinion.  I have responded accordingly in a previous edited post that addresses this post and its ilk.  There is an example there, of how someone made their point without having to go overboard.   The sheer number of steps given by the number of pictures clearly adds to my main points' validity (tool-tip warning for consistency and for the win in the future!) a lot more efficient and really fixes the problem at its core; and also shows there are not many reasons to go on about it.  Please allow all to make their points here on the forums without feeling the need to attempt to embarrass or to clown a fellow player.  All that does is to hold up a mirror for us all.  The search-fu is helpful could leave it that.  Take care.  Cheers.

Edited by Jaydalf

Posted

Read it, understood it, was headed home to exchange and cash out -- and disconnected 20 minutes before server shutdown  <sigh>  Reminder to self - do NOT procrastinate.  <sad litle LOL>

Still, would have been nice to get a little silver in return for the ones we still had, even if not full value

1 person likes this

Posted

A lot of people wrongly assumed they would have time to finish farming and turn in their petals.  The precedent was set by how the Easter event was handled.  Even if it was in the patch notes, it was still a bad move.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was with y'all until people (well, looks like just one person thus far) started to ask for compensation... you gotta be kidding me!?