• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

INSTANCED PVP & [POLL]

Would you like to see more instaced pvp?   435 votes

1. 1. Would you like to see more instanced pvp implemented?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If instanced pvp should be implemented, would you like to see equalized gear in them?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Ranking system / regional (NA/EU) leaderboards?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

91 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As it seems BDO is drifting more and more away from OWPVP aspect, would you like to see more instanced PVP implemented in the game?

No direct answers yet in the new PM diary on changing karma/flagging systems, or server structure leaves BDO OWPVP at obscure state. I have a feeling that GvG sieges, node wars few times a week arent enough pvp content, and open world guild wars are still uncertain due server structure/channels.

What I am asking is if you want more instanced pvp with queuing system and teleports to be added in BDO? For example the likes of crimson battlefield. More different maps, battleground systems like capture the flag or conquering bases/flag points. Also 2v2,3v3 5v5 arenas + maps etc. These battlegrounds could also work like GvG, you would que up as a guild group against another.

Also would you like to see gear/stats being more equalized in these events? As +15 to +20 gear stats differ dramatically. Equalizing gear / amount of potions available, could bring more of a skill based element to these events.

Lastly would you like to see ranking system implemented, similar to for example used in WoW arenas and rated battlegrounds?

EDITS (26.2.2016):

As the new server structure poll posted by CM_Jouska hints that larger half of the community wants a megaserver, I find that PVP content will be lacking in BDO if they choose megaserver structure. As you implement megaserver owpvp will be hindered and more pvp content should be introduced. So should isntaced pvp contet be increased?

For clarification, I personally would like them to fix OWPVP with proper flagging and karma systems & server/channel structure. Why I am asking your opinion about instaced pvp is because of I have seen next to nothing being done to fix this. And when you have OWPVP dead you kinda need something else to compensate for it, thus why crimson battlefield was introduced in the first place.

26.2. Okay had some outdated info here, obviously. Read me.

Server structure for the launch has been announced, 2 servers/region, 9 channels each. Some of the channels are dynamic overflow channels if im not mistaken. Now personally I think this is abit better than full megaserver with 18 channels for pvp players/GvG content. But server structure surely isnt enough to fix the OWPVP issues, and it can be debated if the server structure DAUM EU chose is any better. 9 channels to hop from compared to 18 channels, does it make any difference? It remains to be seen, but personally I would have liked to see 3-5 channels per server.

Back to OWPVP issues. Server structure allows proper and healthy OWPVP scene to exsist, but it doesnt guarantee it. Thats where we need proper karma/flagging system, yet again nothing has been done to address this issue for launch. Yes DAUM has introduced us the idea/concept of bounty hunters and new karma/flagging v2.0, but they will most likely not be avaible on the launch. It remains to be seen if it is implemented at all, but most likely not in the first few months. Personally I am fine with the karma/flagging v2.0, and I think it is quite good compromise between PVE and PVP players.

And lastly there is the gearing progression issues. True this wont be a problem at launch and first few months since gear is capped at +15. But after the updates to gear progression becomes avaible till +20 enchants, the problems arise. +20 enchanting/gear progression is heavily RNG and the stat scaling is broken. This is why you most likely will find it rare to find and take part in equal skillbased/competetive pvp combat. Atleast smaller scale pvp content, like 1v1, 3v3, 10v10 will most likely be unbalanced. This is why I ask you about equalized pvp content. Personally I would rather see the gear progression reworked, but it remains to be seen.

Some of you guys had pretty good ideas of equalized arenas without instancing it up. Ofcourse the game would be better without too much instanced content, I agree. This thread is free to discuss of non-instaced solutions too.

Edited by Tsinatsil
Updated edits 26.2.2016

Posted

NO WAY JOSE PLZ DON'T MAKE THIS WOW OMFG

3 people like this

Posted

no thanks :/

Posted

but i do like the leader board idea

Posted (edited)

no
NO

already in game for crimson battlefield 

if you want instance pvp go tera online wow aion blade and soul

Edited by Selvaria Bles
3 people like this

Posted

I mean, if we're going to choose to ignore the fact that there is already an open world environment compatible with PvP, yeah I suppose more structured PvP is fine. If open world PvP is still going to be treated wholly as the devil, bring on the instances.

Wouldn't mind seeing equalized gear.

Depending on the instance, rankings would be nice.

Posted

These are themepark MMO ideas, which would ruin this game.  The carebears are attempting to ruin the game, and the devs appear to sympathize, but all hope is not lost for OWPVP.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If they'd swing towards instanced PvP, it would preety much mean they gave up on the original idea of an open world sandbox game. Instanced PvP with equalized gear would completely remove the remaining incentives to do ANYTHING ingame aside from social interaction, side-activities and all the fluff. In other words - complete failure. worst of all, I can already see this happening somewhere in the near future, when they will finally wake up the sandbox aspect is completely broken and decide to save the game through less intelligent solutions.

Leaderboards are always nice and do not have to be limited to instanced/consensual PvP. In fact, they are already ingame.

PS

Fix that typo in the thread title

Edited by Narcosis
7 people like this

Posted

I'd prefer more meaningful OWPvP, instanced PvP is always meh to me. 

Posted

best case scenario

> gear issue gets solved quickly (it means enchants arent as op as they are now)

> 3v3 arena gets added into the game, which isn't instanced (spectators can just walk by and watch) but participants still get teleported to it etc as if it was an instance , *without* equalized gear cus eq gear ruins pvp but for non-eq gear to work you need to balance your enchants first

> this arena must be active only xx hours of the day (or it can even depend on the in game time) and can get introduced a bit later (few months after) 

1 person likes this

Posted

If they'd swing towards instanced PvP, it would preety much mean they gave up on the original idea of an open world sandbox game. Instanced PvP with equalized gear would completely remove the remaining incentives to do ANYTHING ingame aside from social interaction, side-activities and all the fluff. In other words - complete failure. worst of all, I can already see this happening somewhere in the near future, when they will finally wake up the sandbox aspect is completely broken and decide to save the game through less intelligent solutions.

Leaderboards are always nice and do not have to be limited to instanced/consensual PvP. In fact, they are already ingame.

PS

Fix that typo in the thread title

Posted

which isn't instanced (spectators can just walk by and watch) but participants still get teleported to it etc as if it was an instance

This game has no teleports and I'd rather like it to remain that way.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't want Instanced PvP, but IF it is implemented, and only if, it would be nice to have equalized gear (only in instanced), and a ranking system. I would still prefer OWPvP, it gives me a thrill instanced PvP does not.

Posted

I don't want Instanced PvP, but IF it is implemented, and only if, it would be nice to have equalized gear (only in instanced), and a ranking system. I would still prefer OWPvP, it gives me a thrill instanced PvP does not.

agree if you put instanced pvp IT HAS TO BE equalized so the non-geared people can practice carebear pvp and the pvpers stays outside .
otherwise the whole population will just wait in town to get queu'ed in a battleground like every other mmo out with battleground.

Posted (edited)

Already has instanced PVP in Crimson Battlegrounds and the 3v3 Ranking systems. =P This is a silly thread. Which the 3v3's are the form I'm absolutely most excited for, as are majority of my friends. 

b3x42LX.png

Edited by MikeHeel
2 people like this

Posted

No

No

No

OG 1vs1. That's all. 

Posted

Tbh, I do think that equalized instance based PvP would have some merits and stuff you could build around them.
Imagine regional tournaments, to find the PvP champion of said region.

If you had 1v1 tournament style PvP in an instance, with equalized gear, making it more about skill than stats, that would be an awesome event IMHO.

Monthly competitions to see who's the best in region, people challenge the reigning champion etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

Already has instanced PVP in Crimson Battlegrounds and the 3v3 Ranking systems. =P This is a silly thread.

Yes I know, what im asking you guys if you want more of it. Different maps and different varieties like capture the flag, base domination etc.

Tbh, I do think that equalized instance based PvP would have some merits and stuff you could build around them.
Imagine regional tournaments, to find the PvP champion of said region.

If you had 1v1 tournament style PvP in an instance, with equalized gear, making it more about skill than stats, that would be an awesome event IMHO.

Monthly competitions to see who's the best in region, people challenge the reigning champion etc.

Yeah, tournaments wouldnt hurt anyone. You could showcase that you are the best of the best if you like that kind of stuff.

Posted

All late game for pvp will be a quee(and become boring at some point)  for instance pvp, open world pvp will die,  Bad bad bad idea......go tera aion bns and do as many pvp quee u wish.

Posted

No, no, no, no. No more instanced stuff. What's already in (3v3 and Crimson Battlegrounds) is fine. Just...no more.

Posted (edited)

Instanced PvP can be great. A set of equal teams competing for a specific goal. Not a big fan of gear equalizing though. Being at a disadvantage because gear isnt good enough is a great motivator (goal driver) for character progression.

I am curious as to the reason why some of you are opposed to more (as in variety) instanced PvP scenarios (as optional content). Choices are good, no?

Edited by DeusVult

Posted

No instances.

Never.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

l know lots of people will hate that right away, but only because they think emotionally.

Among us there will be MANY players who will play both BDO and B&S. And pretty much all of them will do that just for the balanced 1v1 Arena with ranking system B&S offers.

From those who oppose any instanced content you will happily say "then go play B&S", but no company would willingly give away some of their playerbase/revenue to some another company just because the feature is something a portion of the playerbase emotionally denies.

Here is the truth, no player here will quit BDO if there is a structured 1v1 3v3 ranked arena system. On the other hand, it is likely to attract more player who are looking into ranked competitions and PA/DAUM already mentioned their intentions for bringing BDO into esport genre.

Just face it, a structured 1v1 ranked PvP arena would bring lots of revenue that would have gone to B&S. Revenue that would be directed into development of BDO. lt is not just something people would want, it is also the smart thing for company.

Edited by Mynban
1 person likes this

Posted

As it seems BDO is drifting more and more away from OWPVP aspect, would you like to see more instanced PVP implemented in the game?

No direct answers yet in the new PM diary on changing karma/flagging systems, or server structure leaves BDO OWPVP at obscure state. I have a feeling that GvG sieges, node wars few times a week arent enough pvp content, and open world guild wars are still uncertain due server structure/channels.

What I am asking is if you want more instanced pvp with queuing system and teleports to be added in BDO? For example the likes of crimson battlefield. More different maps, battleground systems like capture the flag or conquering bases/flag points. Also 2v2,3v3 5v5 arenas + maps etc. These battlegrounds could also work like GvG, you would que up as a guild group against another.

Also would you like to see gear/stats being more equalized in these events? As +15 to +20 gear stats differ dramatically. Equalizing gear / amount of potions available, could bring more of a skill based element to these events.

Lastly would you like to see ranking system implemented, similar to for example used in WoW arenas and rated battlegrounds?

EDIT:

For clarification, I personally would like them to fix OWPVP with proper flagging and karma systems & server/channel structure. Why I am asking your opinion about instaced pvp is because of I have seen next to nothing being done to fix this. And when you have OWPVP dead you kinda need something else to compensate for it, thus why crimson battlefield was introduced in the first place.

you do realize, they haven't said that at all...my rage posts are about them not saying anything and they are way past due...but they haven't said what they are going to do yet...my guess is they will still fix the karma, it's just bs that bel hops on here telling us about his long story with karma then just stops and switches to a bh system..

Posted

I love to ride my horse and pass by the pvp place and when there are ppl make a quick stop to beat the shit out of them then continue my ride ........it quite a nice view......how would i do that with instance pvpB|