• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can we get the fish prices from KR too?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

So now that grinding gives the same money as it did in KR, can we get the same fish prices as KR?

2 people like this

Posted

Be honest. You want free money. 

1 person likes this

Posted

So now that grinding gives the same money as it did in KR, can we get the same fish prices as KR?

You want more money for doing nothing ? REALLY.

Posted

Hi,

im active fisher, so it would be nice, to get the "real price".

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

I afk fish. I want this. :D 

Posted

You want more money for doing nothing ? REALLY.

Grinders needed more money for doing nothing? REALLY

Let's not pretend spamming skills at AI mobs is any harder than fishing. What's fair is fair, if mob drops are going to be what they are in KR (2x what they were) then fish prices should be what they are in KR (2x what they are).

Posted

If they do meh, and if they don't im happy. But im definitely not gonna cry to raise fish prices, it's already unbelievable you can buy top end gear without even playing the game with the current fishing prices.

Posted

fishing doesnt deserve to earn more cuz the fishers in guild are a bunch of lazy -----s who never join in guild wars or help with guild quests.

Posted

Fish price is fine as it is.

Let's be honest its already free money wether one actively or afk fishes.

What I would like to see though, is clarification and numbers on rods/floats and their enhancements, a clear definitition of what a rare fish is, and if we are bound to have only one "rare" fish in this game, ever, which is the coelacanth.

Posted

Fish price is fine as it is.

Let's be honest its already free money wether one actively or afk fishes.

What I would like to see though, is clarification and numbers on rods/floats and their enhancements, a clear definitition of what a rare fish is, and if we are bound to have only one "rare" fish in this game, ever, which is the coelacanth.

Grinding price was fine as it was. Let's be honest it was free money whether you actually tried or just face rolled  the keyboard.

Also, there is another rare fish in the game already. It's called a Sperm Whale.

Posted

Grinding price was fine as it was. Let's be honest it was free money whether you actually tried or just face rolled  the keyboard.

Also, there is another rare fish in the game already. It's called a Sperm Whale.

Errrr, nope. There is a difference between fish caught with a rod and harpoon fishing. Sperm whale is harpoon fishing, same as killer whale, saw shark and so forth. Afaik there is no way to enhance harpoon, but mediah rod can be. Hence my interrogation about numbers. 

Posted

Errrr, nope. There is a difference between fish caught with a rod and harpoon fishing. Sperm whale is harpoon fishing, same as killer whale, saw shark and so forth. Afaik there is no way to enhance harpoon, but mediah rod can be. Hence my interrogation about numbers. 

Very doubtful they will ever release hard #'s on that stuff. And the sperm whale is still classed as a "rare fish", so, technically there are 2.

Posted

Very doubtful they will ever release hard #'s on that stuff. And the sperm whale is still classed as a "rare fish", so, technically there are 2.

Technically, yes, but my question was axed towards rod fishing.

But back onto what you posted. Why would you have double the fish price for so little effort invested?

Posted

Technically, yes, but my question was axed towards rod fishing.

But back onto what you posted. Why would you have double the fish price for so little effort invested?

Because as it stands they buffed the price of vendor item drops from mobs by double, the prices they are in KR. The fish prices in KR are also double what we have. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Posted

Hi,

im active fisher, so it would be nice, to get the "real price".

+1

I totally agree with this and almost everyone is spending a reasonable amount of time fishing these days.

Posted (edited)

Raising sale prices of fish or loot drops is about helping the weaker and lower level players. As BDO ages in NA/EU these prices will increase as players move to newer content and as time simply passes.I'm fairly certain that is why it was done on KR.

I wish players would stop asking for exactly what KR's doing or what they have without thinking. They are in a different situation than our community.

Edited by Ginrei

Posted

fishing doesnt deserve to earn more cuz the fishers in guild are a bunch of lazy -----s who never join in guild wars or help with guild quests.

hopefully u speak for u own guildies and players u know, cause many players I know, include myself, I afk fish and manual fish, and if I'm done and full inventory I'll go back on shore and sell my stuff and do missions, do dailies, do pvp, helping guildies out with lvling. So no not all fishers are lazy people. And Answer on the question of OP, I wouldn't mind if they would increase the price, but if it stays like this I'm fine with it. I get everyday 3-4 million of fish so I'm oki with that. 

Posted

I'd like the korean prices on Harpoon unique fish, since you can't afk harpoon fish, it takes a long time to get something with a harpoon and the chance of getting a blue or yellow is really low. KR prices would make it a little more worth it at least, compared to regular fishing.

Posted (edited)

Grinders needed more money for doing nothing? REALLY

Let's not pretend spamming skills at AI mobs is any harder than fishing. What's fair is fair, if mob drops are going to be what they are in KR (2x what they were) then fish prices should be what they are in KR (2x what they are).

Apples and Oranges. You can't say pressing 4-6 buttons while doing nothing else is comparable to pressing 8-16 buttons while moving, healing, dodging, PvPing and picking up.

Seriously now .... What the hell happened to logic ? It's 2016 we as a species should be getting smarter not dumber.

Edited by Soulplay

Posted

Apples and Oranges. You can't say pressing 4-6 buttons while doing nothing else is comparable to pressing 8-16 buttons while moving, healing, dodging, PvPing and picking up.

Seriously now .... What the hell happened to logic ? It's 2016 we as a species should be getting smarter not dumber.

Pressing unique combos of buttons after the timing part is harder than spamming shield throw, or shotgun, or rising storm, or red moon, or any of the other skills that just get spammed over and over in PVE and then mashing the button for HP pots. You have pets for picking up, I'm not real sure why you'd even include that as something any serious grinder would do.

Seriously now. We should be getting smarter, but instead people like you are letting blind hatred for something you don't like cloud your judgement. I'm not saying fishing should make the same money as grinding. It already didn't make anywhere near the money of grinding, and now because grinders have more money to pay for the items other life skills produce, those life skills will also make more money. Fishing will not. All I want is the fish prices from KR. Fishing will then make what the other life skills will be making within a week, and still be 1/3 or less what grinding makes for ACTIVE FISHING.

Holy shit you people amaze me with how much you talk and how little you think.

Posted (edited)

Pressing unique combos of buttons after the timing part is harder than spamming shield throw, or shotgun, or rising storm, or red moon, or any of the other skills that just get spammed over and over in PVE and then mashing the button for HP pots. You have pets for picking up, I'm not real sure why you'd even include that as something any serious grinder would do.

Seriously now. We should be getting smarter, but instead people like you are letting blind hatred for something you don't like cloud your judgement. I'm not saying fishing should make the same money as grinding. It already didn't make anywhere near the money of grinding, and now because grinders have more money to pay for the items other life skills produce, those life skills will also make more money. Fishing will not. All I want is the fish prices from KR. Fishing will then make what the other life skills will be making within a week, and still be 1/3 or less what grinding makes for ACTIVE FISHING.

Holy shit you people amaze me with how much you talk and how little you think.

I dont like ?

Im Master 8 in fishing, just because i don't agree with you does not mean i don't partake in said activity. The point remains that the money made already from fishing is insanely high, in fact the price of fish could do with coming down a bit and not up.

As it currently stand a Fisher can make almost what a grinder does per hour, except the grinder is fighting over contested spots and has to be actively farming. You don't have to be actively fishing to pull in large amounts of profit. It's two very separate forms of money making, one for doing nothing and one for doing something. The reward for free (in this case time) should never out weight the active.

I also included "picking up" as believe it or not ... Not everyone has a pet, i see many people daily who manual loot corpses. If we get KR fish prices at this point in the games life you would literally never see anyone outside of a hotspot or a dock.

Edited by Soulplay
1 person likes this

Posted

I dont like ?

Im Master 8 in fishing, just because i don't agree with you does not mean i don't partake in said activity. The point remains that the money made already from fishing is insanely high, in fact the price of fish could do with coming down a bit and not up.

As it currently stand a Fisher can make almost what a grinder does per hour, except the grinder is fighting over contested spots and has to be actively farming. You don't have to be actively fishing to pull in large amounts of profit. It's two very separate forms of money making, one for doing nothing and one for doing something. The reward for free (in this case time) should never out weight the active.

I also included "picking up" as believe it or not ... Not everyone has a pet, i see many people daily who manual loot corpses. If we get KR fish prices at this point in the games life you would literally never see anyone outside of a hotspot or a dock.

As it currently stands, a fisher makes 1/5 or less what a grinder makes per hour ACTIVELY FISHING. They don't have to fight over contested spots, they can switch channels. Fishing resources are server wide. You cannot hop channels and have your fishing spot be freed up by this. You do have to be actively fishing to pull in large amounts of profit, unless you consider ~4m a day max from afk fishing "large", which I hate to break it to you, is less than what grinders make in an HOUR now after the patch.

You being master 8 fishing after the xp event means very little to me. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about on either fishing profits or grinding profits. If we get KR fish prices, fishing will remain relevant and the same people fishing now will still fish, because grinding will still be orders of magnitude better for making money, just like it always was. The only change now is fishing went from being roughly equal to most other life skills to now being the absolute worst way to make money in the game besides literally doing nothing at all.

Posted

As it currently stands, a fisher makes 1/5 or less what a grinder makes per hour ACTIVELY FISHING. They don't have to fight over contested spots, they can switch channels. Fishing resources are server wide. You cannot hop channels and have your fishing spot be freed up by this. You do have to be actively fishing to pull in large amounts of profit, unless you consider ~4m a day max from afk fishing "large", which I hate to break it to you, is less than what grinders make in an HOUR now after the patch.

You being master 8 fishing after the xp event means very little to me. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about on either fishing profits or grinding profits. If we get KR fish prices, fishing will remain relevant and the same people fishing now will still fish, because grinding will still be orders of magnitude better for making money, just like it always was. The only change now is fishing went from being roughly equal to most other life skills to now being the absolute worst way to make money in the game besides literally doing nothing at all.

And after all that you forgot to factor in that fishing is a 24/7 activity ... Grinding is not. The 4 mil per hour grinding makes up for that fact, grinders also (atleast now) are not pulling 12 hour sessions, the ones that do are a very low portion of that group. How many fishers are still pulling 24hour sessions like they did at launch ... the vast majority of them.

Now obviously grinders will fish as well and im sure plenty do but fishing is still very exclusive in its money making capability which is and will always be a 24/7 "skill"

As for worst life skill ? You're kidding right ?