• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Grinding is way too good compared to fishing

Better fishing, nerf exchange or leave it   401 votes

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• Increase fish prices.
    • Nerf exchange prices.
    • I like it the way it is, and prefer grinding to be superior over everything else.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

195 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fishing currently gives roughly 600k-1.2m an hour. 1.2m that is if you can find yourself an abundant gold spot and have a large inventory. Now recently, grinding was made even better. Why exactly? Grinding now gives around 4m an hour. AFK fishing gets you maybe 800k overnight, which is only when you do it for around 8+ hours. This can literally be done in 10 mins of grinding.

I vote for the exchange items to be reduced to their original amount each, cause that makes it at least somewhat more reasonable. Or just increase fish prices.

Edited by My name is Chef
2 people like this

Posted

is this legit or troll / bait post?

2 people like this

Posted

is this legit or troll / bait post?

It's legit. Grinding has gotten almost twice as good since yesterday's patch. It's ridiculous.

Posted

twice as much huh you got some evidence to back em claims up?

Posted

So go grind instead of fish?

7 people like this

Posted

twice as much huh you got some evidence to back em claims up?

Read the patch notes?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You must be joking. Most probably you are just trolling.

I had a talk with my friends yesterday, and their concern was that fishing is so good that it's taking the fun away for them. They have been playing only for 2 weeks now, still deciding if they will like the game long term or not, and fishing is a big concern for them. Since they discovered it, they just don't see any reason to do anything else (except for leveling ofc). They just fish and buy everything. Efficient, but no fun at all

EDIT: In my opinion, fishing needs a small nerf and the rest of the professions a big buff. Grinding is about right.

Edited by kalarro
13 people like this

Posted

As it should be? Grinding requires actual effort while fishing just requires you to cast your rod and go do something else while making bank. 

10 people like this

Posted

As it should be? Grinding requires actual effort while fishing just requires you to cast your rod and go do something else while making bank. 

because mindless grinding require effort -_- 

3 people like this

Posted

I just wish I'd stored even more silveritems in my bank. :)

Posted (edited)

So go grind instead of fish?

Yes that is the problem. They force you to grind by increasing the gap of money earned per hour and thus making fishing a waste of time. And this change to exchange prices also causes inflation, because the stream of money flowing into the game increased a lot. 

Edited by Robbin

Posted

Yes that is the problem. They force you to grind by increasing the gap of money earned per hour and thus making fishing a waste of time. 

This exactly. Why should I be forced to grind if I ever want to get some decent gear. Fishing is a huge part of this game and we'll even get an entire underwater world along with sailing in the future. Might wanna encourage players to actually fish instead of solely grinding. They obviously aren't adding that content because everyone hates fishing so much, don't you think? In Korea you can buy rods in the cash shop that give you Coelacanth's every few fish. That's why other fish prices are so extremely low. We however, don't have, and will likely not ever get that rod. So we're stuck with a mere 20k per gold base price, and 6k per blue.

Posted

Nerf fishing! This is additional game element only. AFK fishing is too big economy buff. "normal fishing" give you too big income. Other energy spending actions have very low silver/energy income.  +fish knowledge raises maximum energy. This "free" element has too big reward.

The poll is nonsesne.

1 person likes this

Posted

because mindless grinding require effort -_- 

If it requires so little effort then just go grind 

6 people like this

Posted

You must be joking. Most probably you are just trolling.

I had a talk with my friends yesterday, and their concern was that fishing is so good that it's taking the fun away for them. They have been playing only for 2 weeks now, still deciding if they will like the game long term or not, and fishing is a big concern for them. Since they discovered it, they just don't see any reason to do anything else (except for leveling ofc). They just fish and buy everything. Efficient, but no fun at all

EDIT: In my opinion, fishing needs a small nerf and the rest of the professions a big buff. Grinding is about right.

Are you seriously out of your mind? A small nerf? Grinding is superior BY FAR in literally every way. The pure silver an hour is already 2-3 times as much, and along with that you get rare drops, blackstones and trade-in items. Either your friends don't know how to grind, or you're a big troll.

Posted

sorry but grinding is meant to be king, and grinding is not #1 money making way if you know what you're doing with a worker empire

Posted

+grinding information is incorrect. How can you farm 4 million silver/hours? You can do it in some hours, but this is random. +others will farm same spots. You can't generate this income in all time. +grinding is more dangerous. Carebear fishing has near 0 chance to die in this action. If you grind/farm "premium" areas you will be killed by others many times or you have to play PvP more.

1 person likes this

Posted

smells like troll in here

Posted

are people really this unaware of how much silver you get from grinding?

2 people like this

Posted

0a2b76fd6d6ef6b4fe0abbff1b45d0469e4baad1

4 people like this

Posted

+grinding information is incorrect. How can you farm 4 million silver/hours? You can do it in some hours, but this is random. +others will farm same spots. You can't generate this income in all time. +grinding is more dangerous. Carebear fishing has near 0 chance to die in this action. If you grind/farm "premium" areas you will be killed by others many times or you have to play PvP more.

Same goes with fishing, except instead of dying you get an exhausted spot. If you want to make money with fishing you need a gold spot preferably. Finding one of those abundant costs way, way more effort than finding a good grinding spot. Aside of that, I've only been pk'ed twice so far, and I solely grinded the first 5 weeks.

Posted

lol. i think this has gotta be a joke post? if not i guess the op has a real different idea of what being a hero in a fantasy game is all about than i do. as one poster mentioned, and i agree with, it has been a real concern to me that fishing has been the best way to make money. 

if i am playing a fantasy game and sort of imagining myself as the hero, i want to be spending as much time as possible fighting monsters. ok i guess in this game at certain point monsters and other players.

this whole thing where i realized the fastest way to gear up was fishing made me very sad. i am really glad to hear about this change in the game. 

Posted

This exactly. Why should I be forced to grind if I ever want to get some decent gear. Fishing is a huge part of this game and we'll even get an entire underwater world along with sailing in the future. Might wanna encourage players to actually fish instead of solely grinding. They obviously aren't adding that content because everyone hates fishing so much, don't you think? In Korea you can buy rods in the cash shop that give you Coelacanth's every few fish. That's why other fish prices are so extremely low. We however, don't have, and will likely not ever get that rod. So we're stuck with a mere 20k per gold base price, and 6k per blue.

Do you have screenshots of that rod, or even the name? Never heard of such a rod. I know that at some point Golden fishing rod was giving an abnormally high amount of coels but it got nerfed.

Posted (edited)

Same goes with fishing, except instead of dying you get an exhausted spot. If you want to make money with fishing you need a gold spot preferably. Finding one of those abundant costs way, way more effort than finding a good grinding spot. Aside of that, I've only been pk'ed twice so far, and I solely grinded the first 5 weeks.

Finding "good" grinding spot is easy. Farming in this area is not so easy. Zergs will swarm the area and you can't kill monsters, or serialkiller a$$h*les will attack your back in "P2W hiding suit". What will fishes do? They will eat your fishing rod and your boat? Or attack you and ----- your perfect body? Nope. You cry because your overpayed low risk hobby is not the highest income generator all time. Pathetic.

Edited by Mikroman
1 person likes this

Posted

lol. i think this has gotta be a joke post? if not i guess the op has a real different idea of what being a hero in a fantasy game is all about than i do. as one poster mentioned, and i agree with, it has been a real concern to me that fishing has been the best way to make money. 

if i am playing a fantasy game and sort of imagining myself as the hero, i want to be spending as much time as possible fighting monsters. ok i guess in this game at certain point monsters and other players.

this whole thing where i realized the fastest way to gear up was fishing made me very sad. i am really glad to hear about this change in the game. 

You obviously don't know how to play this game if fishing is what you think makes the most money. You're a joke.