• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Grinding is way too good compared to fishing

Better fishing, nerf exchange or leave it   401 votes

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• Increase fish prices.
    • Nerf exchange prices.
    • I like it the way it is, and prefer grinding to be superior over everything else.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

195 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

so autopath 8 hour for trading? afk are you stupid or you just doing the stupid?

it's hard to talk with stupid people but you are missing the point fishing is still much better then all the other because people have more money but the price of stuff is fix

plus trading you are not selling to people and farming you are only selling potion to people but half of what you farm go in crate that are not affected by it..

i am at max production i already sell all  i do to people even if they get richer it wont make me anything more

really hard to deal with stupid people i don't even know how to start to explain you all you are saying is bullshit because you lack understanding of all the profession and all you do is fishing and cry about it because u want it to be better

You would make less than one million in 8 hours of afk fishing. Maybe 1.5 with having spent $80 on inventory slots and creating a 130+ million silver fishing rod. That would be about one trade run for a master trader. Traders can also level horses while running trade routes and  then breed and sell them. You can't breed and sell boats. The price of stuff is NOT FIXED, the min/max on items... you know, I literally just explained this to you. Since either you are a total moron or English is not your first language, we're going to have communication problems. You are wrong. You resort to calling me names because I thoroughly dismantled your argument. It happens. But you're still wrong.

~snip~

I enjoy this game through and exclusively from fishing, and I find it perfectly normal to have grinders earn twice as much if not more. I only do fishing for personal reasons, and I think eventually fish price will be adjusted to Kr version, but in its own time. 

I have 0 gear, then my money sink is therefore fishing gear, and I think its ok. Fish price is alright imho for now.

As I mentionned it to you before, its too little effort invested for such big reward you are asking for, at least for now. You need to realize that fishing is some kind of subpar profession that is good for "casuals" (although we would need a clear definition of this as well) and afk fishers overnight, unless you are really into fishing in BDO, which in that case, you wont bother about money that much.

Grinders already made significantly more than fishers. Now they are literally making 5x+ what we are, on top of the disparity in skill point gain and contribution gain. All I'm asking for is the same thing that the grinders got - the prices of the items we sell for money changed back to what they were in KR, which is double what we have now.

Edited by Scalesdini

Posted

Every time one of these posts shows up I will murder an AFK fisher. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

trader cannot trade when AFK they need to be there the same as having a small bag for fishing person

dear lord you are too stupid i said that training is the only one like fishing that u can actively do afk and then you try to refute my point bringing out trading how many moron play this game

fix FARMING

ALCHEMY

TRADING

GATHERING/PROCESSIN

TRAINING

and last if there is still time FISHING as is the one in less need of a fix

end of story if you don't think farming/alchemy/trading/gathering need more increase then fishing you are just plain stupid and if you insist in only point out fishing as a problem you are just part of the problem. We need them to fix all the rest fishing is better then everything else DOES NOT NEED A FIX UNLESS ALL THE REST IS FIXED FIRST.

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

trader cannot trade when AFK they need to be there the same as having a small bag for fishing person

dear lord you are too stupid i said that training is the only one like fishing that u can actively do afk and then you try to refute my point bringing out trading how many moron play this game

fix FARMING

ALCHEMY

TRADING

GATHERING/PROCESSIN

TRAINING

and last if there is still time FISHING as is the one in less need of a fix

end of story if you don't think farming/alchemy/trading/gathering need more increase then fishing you are just plain stupid and if you insist in only point out fishing as a problem you are just part of the problem.

If you think alchemy/farming don't make enough money, you simply don't know how to do them. It's that simple. Trading is debatable because it requires an obscenely high level to make money, but the money is there, especially when you level horses while doing it. Or farm. Both things exceptionally difficult to do in the middle of the ocean. You obviously think you know a whole lot more than you do, because you can legit go and find any streamer doing these skills and making bank and learn from them the methods on doing it.

I'm sorry you're ignorant, but fishing needs fixed before any of those.

Posted

Freshwater fishing is the most risky, because dirtbags love to pick on easy targets.

With fishing you can be dragged off your boat and then dumped in the ocean and killed, no matter the level.

Not my problem. Monitors cost less than what you need to spend on inventory and weight upgrades to make 1/4 what you can grinding now.

Fishing requires you to be at your keyboard unless you want to make 2-3m total in a 24 hour period. Other life skills are more profitable for AFK/passive income by far.

I've already explained this, but I'll go over it again. With weapon stones and fishing rods at an all time low, it costs 130m for one rod. It costs 200m for one float. To maximize profit, you'll need a +10 balenos, +10 mediah and +10 maple float, on top of a +10 crafted prow and the rest of the set for the speed bonus.

You can in fact gain very few fishing levels while afk. It legitimately takes a week of AFK fishing to gain 1 master level, doing it 24/7, and that's for someone below master 10.

You cannot. See above.

i am assuming that you are referring to the clipping of boats being able to drag a player off their own boat?  If not, then you will need to explain.  Also, unless that low level character Is below water, they cannot die.

In order for a grinder to maximize profits, they need +15 armor and weapins, and Penta accessories.  A penta ogre ring alone Is In the billions.

You can gain exactly zero loot and levels when AFK as a grinder.

I am sorry friend, but in no way is fishing more risky or have more sunk costs to maximize profits, than grinding.

If you think alchemy/farming don't make enough money, you simply don't know how to do them. It's that simple. Trading is debatable because it requires an obscenely high level to make money, but the money is there, especially when you level horses while doing it. Or farm. Both things exceptionally difficult to do in the middle of the ocean. You obviously think you know a whole lot more than you do, because you can legit go and find any streamer doing these skills and making bank and learn from them the methods on doing it.

I'm sorry you're ignorant, but fishing needs fixed before any of those.

i agree with you that the nature of farming, and trading In particular, allows you to work on other activities that are beneficial to your Income and character.

Posted (edited)

so you are saying alchemy and farming give you more money then fishing? what a moron

in fact is full of artisan Alchemist and farmers and just a couple fisherman

honestly aren't you ashamed of the bullshit you say. EVERYBODY fish because is simple and good money NOBODY bother farming/alchemist because is time consuming hard to find material and is not worth time/money

but this idiot insist.

they make money yes they do or NOBODY would actually do them but not close to the money/time of fishing and you want fishing raised? did u sell your brain together with the fish because since u didn't use it went bad?

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

So..  this thread wasn't actually just trolling?

Get a load of this guy talking about the cost of upgrading a fishing rod. Oh lord lol.

Posted

Nope, fishing should stay the same as it is now or nerfed slightly, i know ppl who fish only to get their gear which can be frustrating to watch at when you work harder while all they do is fish their gear up and for the item they want to pop up on the market and fish further.

Posted

lol. i think this has gotta be a joke post? if not i guess the op has a real different idea of what being a hero in a fantasy game is all about than i do. as one poster mentioned, and i agree with, it has been a real concern to me that fishing has been the best way to make money. 

if i am playing a fantasy game and sort of imagining myself as the hero, i want to be spending as much time as possible fighting monsters. ok i guess in this game at certain point monsters and other players.

this whole thing where i realized the fastest way to gear up was fishing made me very sad. i am really glad to hear about this change in the game. 

Fishing to gear up? what are you some kind of grinder?

Obviously you fail to realize that if you just fish for your gear and not do any actual combat that you would not put that gear to use as you would continue fishing. Once you decide to try pvp you will get wrecked because you know nothing about your class besides the fishing pole in your arms. This is why there is such disputes against fishing over pvp, pvpers wont want someone who fished the gear and not grind to learn their own class

526957698-images.jpg

Posted

This is hilarious, so he wants something you can do while afk to be better, than actively playing the game? So stupid. 

Posted

Obviously you fail to realize that if you just fish for your gear and not do any actual combat that you would not put that gear to use as you would continue fishing. Once you decide to try pvp you will get wrecked because you know nothing about your class besides the fishing pole in your arms. This is why there is such disputes against fishing over pvp, pvpers wont want someone who fished the gear and not grind to learn their own class

526957698-images.jpg

What... The class's are not that hard to learn please... lol 

Anyone with half a brain can a learn a class fairly quickly.

Posted

This poll choice have non-sence.

Fishing make you great money for the effort you make. It's normal the grinding make more or equal money than fishing, but not the more money. Worker empire sould make the more money and I think it's the actual case. No need to change this.

Posted

It makes sense that grinding gets you more, its like working a more dangerous job... you get more money for it.

Fishing is a safer option of making money, but grinding risks your xp/gems.

Posted (edited)

Yeah let's give a greater return for an AFK activity than for one where you actually have to, you know, PLAY the GAME.

Edited by Idunaz

Posted

Fishing currently gives roughly 600k-1.2m an hour. 1.2m that is if you can find yourself an abundant gold spot and have a large inventory. Now recently, grinding was made even better. Why exactly? Grinding now gives around 4m an hour. AFK fishing gets you maybe 800k overnight, which is only when you do it for around 8+ hours. This can literally be done in 10 mins of grinding.

I vote for the exchange items to be reduced to their original amount each, cause that makes it at least somewhat more reasonable. Or just increase fish prices.

So you want even more money for doing nothing?  The fact AFK fishing even exists is pretty cool imo.

With that said, no way it should even remotely compare to grinding though.

Posted

Fishing currently gives roughly 600k-1.2m an hour. 1.2m that is if you can find yourself an abundant gold spot and have a large inventory. Now recently, grinding was made even better. Why exactly? Grinding now gives around 4m an hour. AFK fishing gets you maybe 800k overnight, which is only when you do it for around 8+ hours. This can literally be done in 10 mins of grinding.

I vote for the exchange items to be reduced to their original amount each, cause that makes it at least somewhat more reasonable. Or just increase fish prices.

There is an idea - grind during the day, auto fish during the night = profit.

Posted

526957698-images.jpg

i think it is possible you missed my point. maybe not. just from my point of view, at least at lower levels, fishing seems to be very profitable. this makes me sad that an afk activity is such a great way to make silver. it looks like they are making fighting mobs a better idea, so as you said, people will learn more about their class. which is a good thing. also, if you fight mobs to level up you are getting combat skill points, which is great. i find that when i use fishing to make some money that i level fairly quickly, but no combat skill points, so seems very useless. oh well. have fun.

Posted

I AFK fished my ranger all the way to level 37(where true ranger skill tree starts), she earned her own +15 Yuria bow and other mid game gears before walking out of Velia, absolute slaughtering through to level 52. Got 2x Witch Earning first day entering Hex and 1 Mark of shadow (3rd quest mob), to a point I start to believe there might be a loot buff depending on variety of in game activities. My main sorc got nothing other than couple black stone drops while levelling to 53.

And now she is grinding turn-in items like a boss

I thank you Daum for the experience along, never felt so great levelling in a MMO. 

Posted (edited)

i wonder if you would be able to earn a Yuria with farming or alchemy that guy think that they are okey but yes let's buff fishing and ignore all the rest

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

no is not , and fishing is broken , u get the same fishes with begginer 1 than with artisan 8+ , with mediah road +5 and mapple +5.. doesnt make sense..