• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please make Pirates Rum farming more reasonable

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Myself and a few others have concluded that the drop rate for Pirates rum is pretty low at around 1%. Despite being able to grind any difficulty mob, I seem to be averaging at around 6-7 Pirates Rum per hour. As of right now, getting all 3 event rewards seems to be a very unrealistic goal unless you are willing and able to spend ~5 hours every day farming for the entire duration of the event. This to me just seems like a lot of time to be spending on farming for an event, without much time left to do other things.

Anyone else think its a little absurd?

9 people like this

Posted

Myself and a few others have concluded that the drop rate for Pirates rum is pretty low at around 1%. Despite being able to grind any difficulty mob, I seem to be averaging at around 6-7 Pirates Rum per hour. As of right now, getting all 3 event rewards seems to be a very unrealistic goal unless you are willing and able to spend ~5 hours every day farming for the entire duration of the event. This to me just seems like a lot of time to be spending on farming for an event, without much time left to do other things.

Anyone else think its a little absurd?

I got around 25 at sausans yesterday in about 1-1.5 hours. Don't know exact amount of time because we went to war with another guild but wasn't more than 1.5 hours. I run 5 luck not sure if that matters for rum. 

Posted (edited)

i have been grinding like 13ish hours since the event on my newly created archer and i got around100ish rum. I have 3 luck so idk it feels like it is hard to  get all the event items but its very posible if you put effort in it.

Edited by ecchiporo

Posted (edited)

i farmed around 2 hours and got idk 90ish or so. have luck 4....maybe it just the mobs that are dropping them differently? (i was farming in mediah, mobs were white or green)

Edited by Myssy

Posted

By the way didn't the event say apirate HAT? Instead i belive it's more of a bandana...for 300 rum that seems a little pricey for a piece of cloth :P.
Also look out because the npc has a quest to give him 10 rum just like that :P.

Posted (edited)

5 luck...lvl 50 grinding 'green' and higher level mobs for about 4 hours now (total)...have 32 Rum.

These events are suppose to be fun, right?

Why the hell wasn't this event (not Daum's fault; pretty sure KR had this event too) done like the Easter Egg event. What about those of us who absolutely HATE fighting mobs and just want to either fish, farm, gather? -- Why are their no rum crates to loot in the world???

((I don't hate fighting mobs, but when, after an hour of farming Catfishmen (so you get an idea of the respawn rate) I walk away with only 18 Rums. It's extremely frustrating and frankly, the event turns into a giant waste of my time.))

For reference I feel any event I can't complete in two weekends (four days) with minor effort (~2 hours of playing for the method used to earn the items; in this case grinding mobs) is not properly implemented. These items are vanity items and should be a source of enjoyment to obtain.

EDIT: Hour later...I got 9 more...farming Saurins...ya...real fun event... -_-'

Edited by illutian
1 person likes this

Posted

RNG :) i farmed 1 hour ish n got 40 at lvl 50 any 1 wana party

Posted

I don't think an event should rely entirely on RNG. It would be nice if there were some daily quests that could be completed that reward rum, instead of just grinding. That way everyone would have a fair chance at being able to obtain all the rewards, instead of solely relying on RNG. Or, as @illutian said, that rum should also be obtainable through the same methods the Easter egg event provided for those who don't like the idea of grinding mobs.

I myself don't mind grinding at all, it's just frustrating when people who have spent far less time farming than me are already finished, and I'm barely 1/4 through due to the low amount of drops I'm getting.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

There is no chance for me to be able to get enough for the rewards within the event time. I really wish I had the time to get them somehow.

Posted

I've only been doing dailies and 1 hour sausan farm solo since the event.

rum.thumb.jpg.920a075afcb7f6dcd1bce0388b

I feel like you guys are exagerating this too much.

Posted (edited)

Since the event started I got about 150 Rum but I was grinding daily about 5 hours. I think I was level 43 when the event startet and now I am level 48 and I have luck +3. My friends who are playing a lot less about half an hour per day have not even 50 Rum and they don't have the time to grind more because of the University. I think the drop rate should be increased for people who don't have the time to grind multiple hours a day. I get that it's a reward for people who play the game and enjoy it. But at the moment the prices are too expensive for such a rare drop.

Maybe you should increase the drop rate by 50% (if it was 1% increase it to 1.5% and if it was 2% increase it to 3%) and lower the prices to 100 - 150 - 200 Rum

Edited by Zonbii
Spelling Phailer and autocorrect failer

Posted

i farmed around 2 hours and got idk 90ish or so. have luck 4....maybe it just the mobs that are dropping them differently? (i was farming in mediah, mobs were white or green)

Where exactly were you?

Posted

just farm it in pirate island youll

get hundreds in no time

Posted

Where exactly were you?

i was farming manes and i think abandoned iron mine aswell. Maybe i was just lucky who knows xD

Posted

I dunno I bought everything and have 180 rums, seems that drop is ok :o

Posted

hello there i agree! this farm rum event they need to make the drops better so we can get them more

Posted

I've tried farming at spots people have suggested for a few hours each, however I'm still getting the same results (6-7 rum per hour). @CM_Jouska Could you please put some input in to what may going be wrong here? At this rate, I'm most definitely not going to be able to complete the event.

Posted

so far since the start of this even i have only gotten 26 rum TT_TT me dreams of being a BDO sailor looks dread. please increase drop rates Pearl Abyss, its not fun when force to spend time grinding instead of fun.

Posted (edited)

Drop rate of lower level is fine, i took a warrior from 20 to 50 during this event, around 10 hours total play time, i have over 300 rum.

Edited by Mrlinderman