• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How to 1v1 a War/Valk?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well I can't manage to get around warriors'  block to land any CC, why you may ask, it's because Warriors, Valks, musa and plum are all immune to cc while in block. Well the problem with warriors and valks is the only way around their block is with a grab. Something that is completely left out our arsenal. WE literally don't have nothing to get around that block. Also when Warrior does the red slash there is no way to CC them out and since we dont have iframes ( yaaay) we cant get around them to back slash without taken any damage from them. My 50% Grapple resist also wasn't fully useful against their grabs either. I am at a complete lost.  

Please do not refer me to a PvP video, for we all know its not even the same class at this point. I really just want people to say try this because it worked for me when this happened, block right after dash, use reverse chase into dragon bite more. Something other than " git gud newb ermahgawd", would suffice. 

Edited by FabioHermis

Posted

Never tried it myself, but I would assume the best option would be to block then retaliation as they hit, that would CC them for a moment giving you the only opportunity... Now this will only work with warrior as valk can just throw a spear down on your face... No clue about how to stop the valk.

Posted

Your first mistake is expecting to PvP anyone that sees you coming.

Sadly, this isn't a troll.  You'll have to sneak attack people and hope for a win right now.  If you don't kill them in your opening CC/Skill Chain, you need to run, because you're going to most likely die.

Posted

Seeing as a war/valk's block only works if the attack is comming from the front. I find that dashing past them while they block and getting behind them that way to be the best method. 

Posted

Seeing as a war/valk's block only works if the attack is comming from the front. I find that dashing past them while they block and getting behind them that way to be the best method. 

I had a warrior sit and block while  I did Cyclone, Red Moon, Dragonbite Combo, Stub Arrow 2, Forward Blind Thrust, and lastly Blooming : Phantom and he did not get KD'd or CC'd. So I am asking in all curiosity how it' supposed to be done.

Never tried it myself, but I would assume the best option would be to block then retaliation as they hit, that would CC them for a moment giving you the only opportunity... Now this will only work with warrior as valk can just throw a spear down on your face... No clue about how to stop the valk.

We are under the same stipulations but we are weak to their grab/ celestial spear so we can't run and not get cc'd ourselves since we have no iframes :(. You get grabbed and you are dead. Maybe Tiger Blades would work  but I don't know considering they can grab you out of Red Moon, Dragonbtie Combo, and Blooming : Phantom. So being close with block doesn't really help you imo. 

Posted

block makes you immune to any CC besides grapple, not just from the front. And if you sit in block waiting for them to attack then they will just grapple and cc you. Valk grapple is only like an 8 sec cd, warrior grapple feels like a 5 second cd (I don't play a warrior, but they seem extra handsy on my petite valkyrie lol).

My best advice in beating a warrior/valk 1v1 is not never fight a warrior/valk 1v1. It sounds dumb and I hate the mindset a little but there is really nothing you can do to a warrior/valk except die. bring a zerker friend to pick them up for you but really you sould be finding rangers and witches and such to kill anyways.

Posted

Blocks work on a 180 degree angle so unless you go ALL THE WAY behind them they're likely to block your attacks. Warriors are actually harder to fight than valks since valks tend to try to use the falling spear attack at a range and if you block that or evade they're all open for CC. To fight warriors either kick cancel chase behind them or get close, turn your camera around, and back dash, since back dash evades collision you can go right through them.

A pretty reliable method is to use use cyclone upfront dash at them, back dash behind them and do dragonbite from the backdash. even if dragonbite doesn't stiff if they turn around by that time cyclone would have arrived. 

Just get behind them with backdash, if you front dash chances r they'll see you coming and turn before you attack, hence they're block your CC.

another loophole is after they grab you they'll do some damage inducing swings, if you attack immediately after you get up you'll catch them at the end of their superarmor/iframe moment. However a skilled warrior valk knows bladers can do this so they cancel the last part and kite before you can hit back so this method isn't that reliable.

Posted (edited)

I had a warrior sit and block while  I did Cyclone, Red Moon, Dragonbite Combo, Stub Arrow 2, Forward Blind Thrust, and lastly Blooming : Phantom and he did not get KD'd or CC'd. So I am asking in all curiosity how it' supposed to be done.

This: 

Blocks work on a 180 degree angle so unless you go ALL THE WAY behind them they're likely to block your attacks. Warriors are actually harder to fight than valks since valks tend to try to use the falling spear attack at a range and if you block that or evade they're all open for CC. To fight warriors either kick cancel chase behind them or get close, turn your camera around, and back dash, since back dash evades collision you can go right through them.

A pretty reliable method is to use use cyclone upfront dash at them, back dash behind them and do dragonbite from the backdash. even if dragonbite doesn't stiff if they turn around by that time cyclone would have arrived. 

Just get behind them with backdash, if you front dash chances r they'll see you coming and turn before you attack, hence they're block your CC.

another loophole is after they grab you they'll do some damage inducing swings, if you attack immediately after you get up you'll catch them at the end of their superarmor/iframe moment. However a skilled warrior valk knows bladers can do this so they cancel the last part and kite before you can hit back so this method isn't that reliable.

but what I usually do is dash forward on either side of them to get behind them and their shields area of coverage. And either spin camera then do my thing or pop Red Moon, as you do not need to be facing a target for it to connect, but as Red Moon is going off, spin your camera to your target so you can do some follow up attacks and already have them in your sights prior to red moon ending.

Edited by DESheffield2nd
1 person likes this

Posted

Make gear with 60% resistance in knockdown, bound and grapple

Posted

block makes you immune to any CC besides grapple, not just from the front. And if you sit in block waiting for them to attack then they will just grapple and cc you. Valk grapple is only like an 8 sec cd, warrior grapple feels like a 5 second cd (I don't play a warrior, but they seem extra handsy on my petite valkyrie lol).

My best advice in beating a warrior/valk 1v1 is not never fight a warrior/valk 1v1. It sounds dumb and I hate the mindset a little but there is really nothing you can do to a warrior/valk except die. bring a zerker friend to pick them up for you but really you sould be finding rangers and witches and such to kill anyways.

This isn't you're "best advice" saying don't fight a class is dumb. I want to be able to fight any one in Open World and I just can't ignore a whole class neither just because I  have no grapple.

Make gear with 60% resistance in knockdown, bound and grapple

I have 50% Grapple from the Corrupt Ruby Necklace and 45% from the Adamantine. So how would I max the rest? I know I can get a 10% KD Resist for helm. Don't know if there is other way to get higher. 

Posted (edited)

This isn't you're "best advice" saying don't fight a class is dumb. I want to be able to fight any one in Open World and I just can't ignore a whole class neither just because I  have no grapple.

"My class is worthless because I have no real mobility moves and everyone seems to outrun me", says the Ranger.

"I am too easily CC'd and my good abilities cannot be spammed", complained the Witch.

"I've sacrificed sustained damage for defenses and I cannot kill people using potions", the Warrior and Valkyrie wail in dismay.

"Nobody likes me", howled the Berzerker.

"My enemies die so fast that I can't remember what most of my abilities are because I never have to use them", moaned the Sorceress.

"I like turtles", grinned the Tamer.

If you want better advice then put this in your pipe and smoke it: Your character is simply not good at some things so team up with people that excel at covering your weakness.

Edited by InfamousXIII
I spell gud
2 people like this

Posted

I have 50% Grapple from the Corrupt Ruby Necklace and 45% from the Adamantine. So how would I max the rest? I know I can get a 10% KD Resist for helm. Don't know if there is other way to get higher. 

grapple resist: passive (20%)+corrupt neklace (30%)+gloves x1 (10%) = 60%
KD/bound resist: passive (20%)+shoes x1 (25%) + helmet x2 (10%) = 65%
then u go ultimate weapon for +1 attack speed, weapon for +1 att/crit +1, glowes +2 att sp=4 att sp
and u got offhand 1x free slot, armor 2x free slots, shoes 1x free slot

Also, use Backstep Slash III, it's great interrupt, move speed debuff, and backward step.
Implement tips from other players too, and with all this you have much better chance

Posted

I'm not claiming to be able to kill warriors/valks, however there are a couple techniques that give me a chance:

- Use block -> retaliation, in order to exchange blows. I find that if I'm grabbed by either characters I can sometimes knock them down by holding Q. As soon as I stand up I block, then retaliate a hit while they're wailing on me.

- Against a warrior with their shield up: Turn 180 degrees, hold {s} + {right-click}. As you dash through them and are now behind them, quickly press and hold {s} + {left-click} to execute lunar combo.

Posted

Using dragon bite in tiger blade mode is supposed to be the anti block skill.

Posted

since you can use pots u cant

Posted

I've found the best way to deal with block classes is to bait their Grapple, hope they miss and then use Retaliation for a knockdown if they get greedy and drop their block for an attack. If you get them down you should be able to land a CC chain that takes about half their health.

Problem is they can easily heal back up before the next time you can land any proper damage on them, so unless it's an arena duel without pots I strongly recommend just going for squishier targets.

Posted

Well I can't manage to get around warriors'  block to land any CC, why you may ask, it's because Warriors, Valks, musa and plum are all immune to cc while in block. Well the problem with warriors and valks is the only way around their block is with a grab. Something that is completely left out our arsenal. WE literally don't have nothing to get around that block. Also when Warrior does the red slash there is no way to CC them out and since we dont have iframes ( yaaay) we cant get around them to back slash without taken any damage from them. My 50% Grapple resist also wasn't fully useful against their grabs either. I am at a complete lost.  

Please do not refer me to a PvP video, for we all know its not even the same class at this point. I really just want people to say try this because it worked for me when this happened, block right after dash, use reverse chase into dragon bite more. Something other than " git gud newb ermahgawd", would suffice. 

Chase can be used backwards to dash THROUGH a warrior/walk, you can use dragon bite into lunar slash combo to stagger him and probably knocking him down, then Red Moon Ascension to do great damage. When you get knockdown they usually use Spinning Slash to dish out some damage, most warrior are overconfident and will try to land as more attack as possible, if you keep pressing Q while getting up you can use the Retaillation counterattack to knock him down and land some more attacks. If you manage to destroy his shield (if he's decent he won't let you) he will try to escape, try to stop him with a Charged Stub Arrow and land Blooming: Phantom etc. etc.
Usually they don't expect the backward dash and Dragon Bite into Lunar Slash combo has low cooldown, allowing you to use it multiple times in a fight.

Valkyrie are a pain, their heal and buffs make them really tanky, if you are fighting in the wild it will be impossible to kill a Valkyrie spamming potions.

Posted

grapple resist: passive (20%)+corrupt neklace (30%)+gloves x1 (10%) = 60%KD/bound resist: passive (20%)+shoes x1 (25%) + helmet x2 (10%) = 65%
then u go ultimate weapon for +1 attack speed, weapon for +1 att/crit +1, glowes +2 att sp=4 att sp
and u got offhand 1x free slot, armor 2x free slots, shoes 1x free slot

Also, use Backstep Slash III, it's great interrupt, move speed debuff, and backward step.
Implement tips from other players too, and with all this you have much better chance

How can ppl live without 5AS/5Crit/5MovementSpeed/5Luck is BEYOND me. No offense mate, but for me, this suggestion looks like "waste gear slots with resist crystals, and wait in the woods for warrior/valk to attack you, BUT have NO offensive stats to actually kill them" ... wtf ? And suggesting ultimate weapons, like those are guaranteed outcome ... And if you spam some kind of bullshit "i got ultimate on first try" ... please, dont.

Posted (edited)

How can ppl live without 5AS/5Crit/5MovementSpeed/5Luck is BEYOND me. No offense mate, but for me, this suggestion looks like "waste gear slots with resist crystals, and wait in the woods for warrior/valk to attack you, BUT have NO offensive stats to actually kill them" ... wtf ? And suggesting ultimate weapons, like those are guaranteed outcome ... And if you spam some kind of bullshit "i got ultimate on first try" ... please, dont.

why would you need goddamn 5 in attack speed? full 5 levels is only 20% increase, rather get buff from awakening for that and for crit.
If you are dead you aren't doing dmg. If you are CC chained you aren't doing dmg. Period.

Edited by Scarletsun

Posted

"My class is worthless because I have no real mobility moves and everyone seems to outrun me", says the Ranger.

"I am too easily CC'd and my good abilities cannot be spammed", complained the Witch.

"I've sacrificed sustained damage for defenses and I cannot kill people using potions", the Warrior and Valkyrie wail in dismay.

"Nobody likes me", howled the Berzerker.

"My enemies die so fast that I can't remember what most of my abilities are because I never have to use them", moaned the Sorceress.

"I like turtles", grinned the Tamer.

If you want better advice then put this in your pipe and smoke it: Your character is simply not good at some things so team up with people that excel at covering your weakness.

This 100% this, people always try to think pvp is always 1v1. if you really want to 1v1 go play blade and soul.

1 person likes this

Posted

You'd better avoid warriors if you can, they have even less openings than valks do. Impossible to cc without a grab since they get resist buff once shielded.

You can try to surpass them in speed, try to run around and hope they won't turn around too (yep, they can do it while blocking). They are most vulnerable while attacking, even though some of their abilities give block while attacking (like if they don't have enough of it).

Either way, killing those classes is a pain in the ass, since they can kill us without practically doing anything but blocking and grabbing at all, so best advice is - find someone to grab them.

1 person likes this

Posted

This video gives me hope, even if it is blader:

Posted

Doesn't help since this is a completely different class on KR. Also ver hard to tel lwhich skills is being used on both end since he is in cinematic mode.

Posted (edited)

Pots would make this mission impossible :3

Edited by iarilo

Posted (edited)

you don't. 

Pre-chase nerf you could apply pressure with back attack Slices but now Chase puts you too far away making it impossible to do.

Before anyone starts wondering, Dragon Bite's damage gets halved during cooldown so using it as an alternative to slice doesn't work.

Edited by Ambient