• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

***UPDATE***

Sorceress just received a nerf on the Korean Server, this was specifically targeting their damage. My concern is the "desync" issue combined with a low cooldown iframe. These two issues combined are making them virtually unkillable. 

These forums have had multiple polls showing the community's concern and belief that Sorceress is overpowered, hopefully Daum will listen and adjust necessarly. 

If Daum doesn't believe they can fix the "desync" issue I personally hope they will adjust the iframe to compensate. 

***ORIGINAL POST***

Sorceress feels like the new "FOTM"; I have my own opinion as far as what should be done, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Edited by Constance
Ps/ I should have mentioned that I made a Sorceress to see what the hype was, which after playing one I decided to post this.

Posted

Cooldown too short and Damage too high.

6 people like this

Posted

They are a high damage, high mobility, mid ranged class.

Having all three in a character is going to make it hard to balance no matter what.

Posted

iframes

When I pvp vs my guildie playing his sorc all I do is shout why god why.

3 people like this

Posted

Sorceror is a better choice than Valk, Warrior, Blader in every situation.  (Large scale or smallscale pvp) 

More utility, Way more damage, and often times better survivability. 

They don't need to be nerfed into the ground but something needs to be done before 40% of the server has rerolled sorc.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just the iframes really, I always saw sorc as a rogue mage class so the damage should be high.
THE go-to-class for picking off singled out targets from a group and quickly backing off again, not singling out herself and picking off entire groups.

Edited by Yablo
12 people like this

Posted

True problem of this game are broken range classes - the wizard and ranger are OP.

Sorc is the only melee able to fight them.

13 people like this

Posted

Ranger and Wizard are the OP ones... trying to divert the gaze to the Sorc. 

All melee classes need a buff in defense... 

11 people like this

Posted

True problem of this game are broken range classes - the wizard and ranger are OP.

Sorc is the only melee able to fight them.

So you agree that Sorceress is the strongest class. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Personally I think the sorcs is fine and the other classes need to just be boosted to  level it out.... why shout nerf sorc? Instead of buff everyone else?

Edited by F0X
3 people like this

Posted

If you are Dieing 1v1 to a wizard/witch as any other class you are either severely out geared or have an extra chromosome.

The difference is sorcs will outperform equally geared/skilled opponents in almost all forms of pvp.  Yes they get weaker in very large scale fights (40v40)... BUT ANY MELEE class in any game will have this issue, even in large scale pvp SORCS are undeniably better than War/Valk/Blader. 

Posted (edited)

I've seem many Sorc iframe into a group of lets say 10 (in Battlefield) kill at least one or two, then just iframe away. They have high damage, lots of knockdowns/stuns and having the block skill & iframe makes them somewhat OP.

Many say Wiz/Witch and Rangers are the OP, and although they can hit like a truck. They dont have so much mobility or escape, which once interrupted on their big skills they are pretty much dead. These classes are easily killed by CC, they cant just iframe away like Sorc or Tamer so it kinda balance them out I think.

Edited by Kumary
5 people like this

Posted

*facepalm* People still dont get it that the nerf wont come, instead we will get Awakening so all other classes get buffed.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you agree that Sorceress is the strongest class. 

Seems like you have problem with understand simple message.

Ranger and wizard are the most OP.

3 people like this

Posted

why shout nerf sorc? Instead of buff everyone else?

I've played some games where if one class is "overpowered" it gets nerfed to the ground, and others where classes get buffed up to be competitive with said class.

I'm always a fan of buffing other classes to be competitive instead of nerfing to help balance gameplay, but there's always an issue of power creep. Once all of the classes are buffed up, somebody will find some class/ability that if used a certain way is considered overpowered. Then people will cry for balance. Other classes get buffed up to compete. A new class/ability is found to be overpowered. Cry for balance, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Either way, buffing or nerfing needs to be handled with finesse. You need a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.

4 people like this

Posted

If you are Dieing 1v1 to a wizard/witch as any other class you are either severely out geared or have an extra chromosome.

Shhh don't tell anyone. Let them keep thinking all ranged classes are OP, especially AoE based ones with long CD's and low mobility.

Yes, I agree. More people should make Wizard's and Witches since they are so OP, won't be nerfed, and are FOTM.

Posted

It seriously is just the perma iframe in combination with the amazing desync. Dancing within 10 people and not getting 1 hit is just too weird.

3 people like this

Posted

I've played some games where if one class is "overpowered" it gets nerfed to the ground, and others where classes get buffed up to be competitive with said class.

I'm always a fan of buffing other classes to be competitive instead of nerfing to help balance gameplay, but there's always an issue of power creep. Once all of the classes are buffed up, somebody will find some class/ability that if used a certain way is considered overpowered. Then people will cry for balance. Other classes get buffed up to compete. A new class/ability is found to be overpowered. Cry for balance, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Either way, buffing or nerfing needs to be handled with finesse. You need a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.

that's how I feel about nerfing the sorc, it'll get to far to the ground that it'll be useless pve and pvp.  Screw nerfing instead fine tooth buff the other classes to its level. Like the Blader and Plum.... lol were is its dp?

Posted

In case of ranger and wizard I would choose axe - this classes are far too OP to slight balance changes.

Posted

Or you're fighting a witch / wizard that actually knows how to play their class and gear correctly.

Wiz/Witch might not be the "best" 1v1 but they certainly can do well. It's the same thing how people are so convinced warriors are trash, it's got a lot more to do with knowing how to play.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorcs have:

1.  Highest Single Target DPS of any class  (Look at the posts showing the distribution of classes who received kazarka weapons, sorc wins by far and away even though they are melee)

2. The best group/utility buffs in the game.

3.  The best Movement/Iframe skill in the game.

4.  Numerous ranged crowd controls.

Posted (edited)

In case of ranger and wizard I would choose axe - this classes are far too OP to slight balance changes.

please revert to my previous post... why keep askiasking for nerfs and cause more classes to be broken instead of buffs.

Edited by F0X

Posted

People voting for "no" are either sorcs or retards.

3 people like this

Posted

People voting yes are either noobs or ranger/wiz/witches

5 people like this

Posted

I have the slight feeling that they are all Sorcs xD Cant imagine anyone else would vote for "No"

2 people like this