• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted

I've seem many Sorc iframe into a group of lets say 10 (in Battlefield) kill at least one or two, then just iframe away. They have high damage, lots of knockdowns/stuns and having the block skill & iframe makes them somewhat OP.

Many say Wiz/Witch and Rangers are the OP, and although they can hit like a truck. They dont have so much mobility or escape, which once interrupted on their big skills they are pretty much dead. These classes are easily killed by CC, they cant just iframe away like Sorc or Tamer so it kinda balance them out I think.

Only if that group of 10 are complete potatos both in gear and mentally. There are no iframes while doing damage, only frontal block during part of the damage move and only one kind of move. All it'd take is a single CC and it's game over - which happens in 99% of situations. As a guy who usually gets 100+ in battlegrounds, I can tell you that I don't do it by jumping into large groups. Sorc's strength is in flanking, intelligently engaging in situations we can control and disengaging if not.

Posted

The core problem simply comes down to the constant spammable iframe. Either increase the cd to make it more sustained instead of perma or increase the cost so it becomes a risk vs reward decision. 

Posted

Haven't played the class myself but I get the general idea of what they're meant to be. A melee mage with high mobility, high damage, and enough CC to pretty much spank any single target.

Fighting as a Sorc I've heard is pretty fun...however fighting against a Sorc is a nightmare. From my experience fighting them, the only thing I find to be 'unfair' would be the amount of i-frames. They can keep their mobility and damage, but being able to completely negate other people's skills constantly (free cooldowns and resource wasting for everyone!) while also having damage and mobility...it's an overloaded kit.

Server desync also doesn't help.

Posted

All these noob people crying for sorc nerf when most of them havent even played one.

Posted

Sorry, I can't help but post my favorite meme ever:

50cfd9f137e5304df9c4205e44a68afaee5d78f5

5 people like this

Posted

If you are Dieing 1v1 to a wizard/witch as any other class you are either severely out geared or have an extra chromosome.

The difference is sorcs will outperform equally geared/skilled opponents in almost all forms of pvp.  Yes they get weaker in very large scale fights (40v40)... BUT ANY MELEE class in any game will have this issue, even in large scale pvp SORCS are undeniably better than War/Valk/Blader. 

Actually a Witch/Wizard is deadly in 1v1 with Sage's memory or one stun.

Posted

Sorc was the last class I made, and it honestly is NOT OP.

My hands hurt after about 20 mins game play as you have to be so active on the keyboard and mouse.

You guys complaining because you cant pvp a sorc by standing there with your chain lightning or grapple her to the ground for your mates to pound on is nonsense.

L2P. Trolls.

Posted

Ive seen sorcs iframe into groups of 15 and make it out without getting hit. I feel like trying to kill one of them is like hitting a fly with a fly swatter.

Posted

Sorcs are 1v1 classes, making a thread to assemble the whiners who got their asses handed to them in a 1v1 is pretty pathetic when you have Wizards killing 20 people in one spell.

Logic please.

Posted

What do Valk/Warrior and Blader do better than Sorc in PvP?

Protip:  Its nothing.

Sorc has better:

1. Burst/sustained damage

2. Utility and self healing/manaburn

3. Mobility/survivability 

4.  Crowd control

Either slightly nerf their burst or up the stamina cost on their iframe at least until desync issues are resolved.

1 person likes this

Posted

Desync + iframes makes it a bad fight. Also if they have comcast or time warner, then its just worse. They do need a nerf and i dont need to l2p when i can kill them with enough patience and rng.

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Sorc has better:

4.  Crowd control

Either slightly nerf their burst or up the stamina cost on their iframe at least until desync issues are resolved.

What do wizards do better than a Sorc in PvP?

1. Kill 20 people instead of 1

Don't talk out of your ass because you've never played Red Battlefield. 

Tanks and Assassins are 2 different classes, get a grip buddy.

Edited by CriticalCore

Posted (edited)

Only if that group of 10 are complete potatos both in gear and mentally. There are no iframes while doing damage, only frontal block during part of the damage move and only one kind of move. All it'd take is a single CC and it's game over - which happens in 99% of situations. As a guy who usually gets 100+ in battlegrounds, I can tell you that I don't do it by jumping into large groups. Sorc's strength is in flanking, intelligently engaging in situations we can control and disengaging if not.

Yes Sorc flank, but doesn't matter if there is a group of 5 - 10 around, they block skill, iframe, knockdown, iframe, stun, iframe (just an example) LOL. They flank and usually choose a wiz/witch or ranger (which is wise) but if the CC doesnt land on a the sorc just how she iframed in and killed, she will iframe out even if other players at attacking. Some can be "potatos" but still may take a few to get the CC to land. And that's why some think they're OP and complain.

Edited by Kumary

Posted

The right answer is 4 of those first answers combined.

1 person likes this

Posted

The right answer is 4 of those first answers combined.

LOL

Posted

Nerf damage or the i-frame IMO, not both.

Posted

What do wizards do better than a Sorc in PvP?

1. Kill 20 people instead of 1

Don't talk out of your ass because you've never played Red Battlefield. 

Tanks and Assassins are 2 different classes, get a grip buddy.

Thats far from being realistic. A wizard alone cant kill 20 people. A group with a groupplay is needed for that. Also people are not really complaining about the wizard dmg but more about the perma slow and the CCs. Balancing them at this point is completely fine but then i also demand a balancing in the 1v1 fights as they are way too underpowered in this section. Sorcs are doing ingredibly good in 1v1 fights and they are doing good in large scale fights. I dont care about the sorc dmg but the combination of perma iframe+desync makes the sorc atm just too op. (yes i did play this class just to clarify it)

Posted

The teleporting around combined with the burst potential does seem a bit excessive, but as a Zerker, if I wait for the Sorc to engage on someone then get off a Stomp+Grab or just a Grab, that Sorc is suddenly having a very bad time.  Nothing brings a smile to my face like holding a pesky Sorc above my head as everyone turns and burns.

I really don't know how much should be changed, but I think engaging as a Sorc should be a bit riskier, instead of having a Block on a movement-based burst ability.  The constant teleporting doesn't really feel excessive to me in a game where many classes can spam movement abilities to zip around if they really want.  You just have to catch them out when they stop to do something else.  It's a matter of timing and teamwork.

Posted (edited)

Sorcs have:

1.  Highest Single Target DPS of any class  (Look at the posts showing the distribution of classes who received kazarka weapons, sorc wins by far and away even though they are melee)

2. The best group/utility buffs in the game.

3.  The best Movement/Iframe skill in the game.

4.  Numerous ranged crowd controls.

1. wizard? Ranger? Tamer?

2. Wizard? Have you seen what that speed buff does? Ofc you haven't...

3. Wizard? 2 iframed skills, one can be spammed 12 times and one has a long ass ranger. Meanwhile, sorc is op with 1 skill that can be used 5 times in a row. NOICE!

4. You mean .... ONE, right? Dream of doom.

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thats far from being realistic. A wizard alone cant kill 20 people. A group with a groupplay is needed for that. Also people are not really complaining about the wizard dmg but more about the perma slow and the CCs. Balancing them at this point is completely fine but then i also demand a balancing in the 1v1 fights as they are way too underpowered in this section. Sorcs are doing ingredibly good in 1v1 fights and they are doing good in large scale fights. I dont care about the sorc dmg but the combination of perma iframe+desync makes the sorc atm just too op. (yes i did play this class just to clarify it)

Sorcs can die, the main difference being that their defence is evasion rather than massive DP like a warrior/Valk.

If your main point is Desync then sorcs aren't op, the servers are just shit and this thread is derailed.

And yes a wizard alone can kill 20 people. V behind a team or Teleport and use 100% lightning storm or blizzard from behind.

Usually smart players do that, just like smart sorcs flank. It's called playing to a classes strengths. 

Edited by CriticalCore
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Sorc has better:

4.  Crowd control

1. Our burst dmg is 500% dmg.... nice burst, compared to wizard with 4000% x3 or ranger with 700% x12.

2. You can't use those in pvp. They imboilise you. 

3. Like any other class, tbh.

4. like any other class beside ranger....

We are also VERY affected by the desync issue. We can telport 5 consecutive times, compared to a wizard that can do the same but 12 times and also has a longer teleport skill in +, also iframed, which allows him to get out of CCs.

Our burst dmg is a joke.

None of the guys that ask for sorc nerf have actually touched a sorc. Please play one, and then tell me how much nerf they need. We have ONLY ONE SKILL that does dmg. ONE!

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

As with all AP classes in BDO (other then Musa/Maewa) they have too much DP, it needs to be scaled down, no class should have DPS, Tank, and mobility. Same goes for Wizard/witch, and ranger.

The all classes can wear the same armor is a great idea, but here needs to be DP scaling by class as well or you end up with what we have now DPS classes with tank level defense.  AP also needs to have diminishing returns or you end up with what we have now, super high AP that is simply so high that DP is useless.  You see this in Korea, the situation in NA/EU will only get worse when we get +16-20. The game will destroy itself like it did in Korea. So much potential wasted by bad balancing.

Posted

Just the iframes really, I always saw sorc as a rogue mage class so the damage should be high.
THE go-to-class for picking off singled out targets from a group and quickly backing off again, not singling out herself and picking off entire groups.

Posted

cool down too short AND damage too high

Posted

wizard with 4000% x3

mm which of our skills does this?
Though either way, the iframe is too much.  I used to be alright with it but, now a days towards later game...................... Nah.
Even tamers are starting to become a bit of a "really bro?" type of class to me.