• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted

In this thread people whine about a single Target assassin while ignoring Wizards killing a 2-3 Squads of players in 1 spell and Rangers with their animation cancel, highest Burst in the game.

Just another useless thread on the BDO forums.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

mm which of our skills does this?Though either way, the iframe is too much.  I used to be alright with it but, now a days towards later game...................... Nah.
Even tamers are starting to become a bit of a "really bro?" type of class to me.

Wizard has the same "really bro" iframes. Even more, smart wizards abuse bugs to get out of CCs with it. So please....

Also: meteor of shower is 700x2 + 800x4 = 4600.

ex blizzard: 1000 x7 with proper awakening can get to 1500 x7 = 10500%.

Should i even mention that 100% skill that can oneshot EVERYTHING? Or maybe the 200% that can oneshot everything twice?

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

We are also VERY affected by the desync issue. We can telport 5 consecutive times, compared to a wizard that can do the same but 12 times and also has a longer teleport skill in +, also iframed, which allows him to get out of CCs.

Our burst dmg is a joke.

None of the guys that ask for sorc nerf have actually touched a sorc. Please play one, and then tell me how much nerf they need. We have ONLY ONE SKILL that does dmg. ONE!

And that one skill oneshots 1+ people each time it's pulled off.
Two skills to kill a player ontop of .5second downtime invince is not cool.

Anywho.

Wizards only have 1 iframe. Our 7 second teleport.
That added, we don't do nearly as much burst as Sorcs.
My wizard sits at around 200 DP. Sorcs can still demolish all of my hp based on one knockdown.
My AP counterpart with 150+ AP, residuals sorcs and does around 70-90% of their hp in cbf.

Please explain.

In this thread people whine about a single Target assassin while ignoring Wizards killing a 2-3 Squads of players in 1 spell and Rangers with their animation cancel, highest Burst in the game.

Just another useless thread on the BDO forums.

Our kill all skill has at most a 1:30 minute cooldown. Yours does not.
Not to mention we can be cc'd out of it. You can not.

Edited by War

Posted (edited)

And that one skill oneshots 1+ people each time it's pulled off.Two skills to kill a player ontop of .5second downtime invince is not cool.

Anywho.

Wizards only have 1 iframe. Our 7 second teleport.
That added, we don't do nearly as much burst as Sorcs.
My wizard sits at around 200 DP. Sorcs can still demolish all of my hp based on one knockdown.
My AP counterpart with 150+ AP, residuals sorcs and does around 70-90% of their hp in cbf.

Please explain.

Our kill all skill has at most a 1:30 minute cooldown. Yours does not.

No, that skill oneshot a player with +10 gear, like any other skill of any other class that it's proprely geared and figths a weak soul.

Wizard is not doing burst? Am doneXD Have a nice day,

Your lighting can't kill a sorc with 150 ap? Man... i'll make a video when i have time. I am 182 dp, sorc. Can get oneshoted by a wizard with that, a wizard that has 130 ap, not 150, while you are sying that it is imposible.

Yes, i play sorc since CBT1 korean version. That's years ago. Don't teach me what sorc can and can't do please.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

Also: meteor of shower is 700x2 + 800x4 = 4600.

Oh so, nothing that does

4000% x3 

though.
Either way. Meteor is on a 1:30 second cooldown.
Yours is not.

Wizard has the same "really bro" iframes. Even more, smart wizards abuse bugs to get out of CCs with it. So please....

No. We don't.
Our teleport is 7 seconds, and halfway+ through the teleport our invincibility frame starts, and ends about 7th of a second when we land.(tested over 300ish times, with slow playback).

Our dash is not an iframe. And is subject to being caught by the same desync you experience.
Tested, every time I CBF. Which is a lot. A lot a lot.

PS. Blizzard does more damage than Meteor.

Edited by War

Posted

Oh so, nothing that does

though.Either way. Meteor is on a 1:30 second cooldown.
Yours is not.

No. We don't.Our teleport is 7 seconds, and halfway+ through the teleport our invincibility frame starts, and ends about 7th of a second when we land.(tested over 300ish times, with slow playback).

Our dash is not an iframe. And is subject to being caught by the same desync you experience.
Tested, every time I CBF. Which is a lot. A lot a lot.

picking only what you like, right?

"ex blizzard: 1000 x7 with proper awakening can get to 1500 x7 = 10500%."

Posted

No, that skill oneshot a player with +10 gear, like any other skill of any other class that it's proprely geared and figths a weak soul.

Wizard is not doing burst? Am doneXD Have a nice day,

Your lighting can't kill a sorc with 150 ap? Man... i'll make a video when i have time. I am 182 dp, sorc. Can get oneshoted by a wizard with that, a wizard that has 130 ap, not 150, while you are sying that it is imposible.

Yes, i play sorc since CBT1 korean version. That's years ago. Don't teach me what sorc can and can't do please.

Oh no, Wizard has great burst.
We just don't oneshot people on par with our gear with it.

I have 200 dp and sorcs use two skills to kill me.

Please explain.
My meteor does not kill people like that. SO I follow up with fireball and residual. Granted my AP is not like my brothers, as I'm more of a support-ish wizard.

That being said, we still have to hit the sorc, while in normal transit- is impervious to being hit.

picking only what you like, right?

I don't know what you meant by this.

"ex blizzard: 1000 x7 with proper awakening can get to 1500 x7 = 10500%."

986%. Numbers matter. +24.65 dmg from 1k mana as well.

As for the awakening that gives us 1500x7 for 10500 please explain to me how that works since I've been playing this class wrong since it's existence

2016-05-05_11-51-59.png

2016-05-05_11-54-57.png

Posted

sorceress is only retarded class ive seen really.

They iframe around red battlefield and literally just one shot people. It's stupid as hell.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Sorcs.

2016-05-05_11-56-45.png

2016-05-05_11-57-04.png

2016-05-05_11-57-20.png

which, btw. Only "decreases damage" while on cooldown.
Clearly not enough :v

Edited by War

Posted

You definitaly cannot be oneshotted by a wizard with 130 AP. This is nothing but a lie.

Posted

Oh no, Wizard has great burst.We just don't oneshot people on par with our gear with it.
I have 200 dp and sorcs use two skills to kill me.

Please explain.
My meteor does not kill people like that. SO I follow up with fireball and residual. Granted my AP is not like my brothers, as I'm more of a support-ish wizard.

So sorceres can one shot players equally geared, and wizard can't? ONE, fine me one sorc in the whole game that can do that. ONE. Can be even GM, find me one please.

You definitaly cannot be oneshotted by a wizard with 130 AP. This is nothing but a lie.

A sorc can't be oneshtoed by a wizard? You are aware that sorc has same interanl DP as ranger, right? 

Posted

^

Not even sorcs oneshot though. They just have the ability to instagib groups continuously. and get away unscathed. a bit too easily.
Where for us, it takes like, strategy and like sometimes(in our antizerg practice and methods) more than 1 wizard lol. WHich is fine. I don't mind it. I like the strategy.

Posted

@Sorcs.

2016-05-05_11-56-45.png

2016-05-05_11-57-04.png

2016-05-05_11-57-20.png

which, btw. Only "decreases damage" while on cooldown.
Clearly not enough :v

It halfes the dmg. But why did you not post tge dmg.... 500%, ONCE, and then 250%. We have to land that skill 6 times while the enmy is down on the ground to kill someone. Our only skill that does dmg. They better remove the class if they nerf the dmg of that skill.

But i am not worrying. The class is unchanged since 8 months now. They will surely change it because you guys complain :)

Posted

Make sorc the new tamer

Posted

So sorceres can one shot players equally geared, and wizard can't? ONE, fine me one sorc in the whole game that can do that. ONE. Can be even GM, find me one please.

A sorc can't be oneshtoed by a wizard? You are aware that sorc has same interanl DP as ranger, right? 

I don't recall saying sorcs did oneshot. What I do recall saying is, the ability to be impervious to damage, knock down multiple players continuously, and proceed to destroy hordes of them, is getting old.

Why is it that sorcs can 3v20 with little to no effort.

In my experience with sorc, the high skill requirement from the class is gained through simply playing with it while leveling, where doing that with a high ass skill cap class like Musa will screw you, if you're used to mindlessly grinding and directional key attacking as opposed to intelligently reserving your resource poolS.

Posted

All of this anecdotal mudslinging is really doing it for me.  You guys are so close to convincing each other you're both right.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make sorc the new tamer

Tamers are pretty bad too, but at least they require a bit more mind than sorcs do in order to kill. Sorcs are tanky ontop of all the rest, tamers are not.

Posted

I don't recall saying sorcs did oneshot. What I do recall saying is, the ability to be impervious to damage, knock down multiple players continuously, and proceed to destroy hordes of them, is getting old.

In my experience with sorc, the high skill requirement from the class is gained through simply playing with it while leveling, where doing that with a high ass skill cap class like Musa will screw you, if you're used to mindlessly grinding and directional key attacking as opposed to intelligently reserving your resource poolS.

Dark flame's knockdown is on a 20 second cooldown. You are also completely vulnerable to CC during the entirety of the dark flame animation. In fact, warriors can actually grab you if you darkflame them. This thread is potato level.

Posted

Dark flame's knockdown is on a 20 second cooldown. You are also completely vulnerable to CC during the entirety of the dark flame animation. In fact, warriors can actually grab you if you darkflame them. This thread is potato level.

Sorcs have more than one knockdown in my experience both playing the class and playing against them.

Again, my only problem with them is their transit time between teleport. There is not enough time to slide in CC at all while they are in transit.
I've noticed that my Chain Lightning doesn't even hit them if they spam their teleport skill.
That's a problem.

Generally leaves wizards defenseless unless we bait them, which is a thing. We can and do do it. But then we have to deal with the fact that they are essentially 70% Valk tanky.

Like.

?

Posted

You wrote that you have 182 DP and that you got one-shotted by a 130 AP Wiz. No this is definitely impossible. Till now i did not see any class one-shot any other class (geared players obviously). But yes i did see Wiz die in 1 CC (not too hard) and i also saw Sorcs die in 1 CC. There is no need to discuss about this. Though a Sorc does have a way higher single target burst than a Wiz (lets spam dark flame yay :D) while the wizs only chance for a very high burst is sage's memory. Otherwise our casttimes+CDs does not make us a single target burst class.

Posted

130AP is massive atm that is Liverto and everything else +15, no Pri's or duos.

You're are a moron if you think that a Sorc is stronger than a wizard who have the highest AP ratios in the game and the most aoe.

That's what most of the people here are anyway, bunch of noobs with subpar +15's getting killed in arena 1v1's. 

Posted (edited)

All of this anecdotal mudslinging is really doing it for me.  You guys are so close to convincing each other you're both right.

Genuinely though, sorceress is the only class i've raged at and seen doing retarded shit. I'll be there in middle of the team and they'll teleport in and one shot me, literally a one shot. Then teleport out..... The fact they can spam invincibility is retarded on its own, then pair that with the damage they output and it's just plain stupid.

Either sorcs are OP as hell, or there is speed hacking going around in red battlefield (which is very possible... i've still seen a good few).

If I was going to speedhack the class i'd choose is sorceress too, it's incredibly easy to conceal.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

little to no effort. You clearly play sorc on a dialy basis, don't you?

Musa is a high skill cap class? Who lied to you?

Am done with this thread... had enough of people teaching me classes that they never played.Btw, my classes on kr: 56 blader, 56 tamer, 55 wizard, 56 sorc, 55 sorc, 54 sorc, 55 sorc, 54 ranger, 55 f.blader. my classes on ru: 56 tamer, 52 blader. my classes on jp: 56 sorc. (ignoring the level 50 and under level 50 clases) My class on eu: 55.50 sorc (145/182). Belive me, i know how to play my sorc better than you.

You have no idea about how the sorc skill works and you are trying to prove me how 500% is stronger than 900% x7, and how we can melt players and how we can go 1 vs 20 and how we are tanks and how we never die and how we are so Op....

This thread is on potatoe level. Until someone is able to PROVE why sorc is OP, instead of asuming that sorc is OP because someone got crushed in pvp by a sorc (probably by any other class too), won't even bother to reply to this dumb threads.

A nerf won't ever come to sorc, because she is weak. She will be BUFFED tho, with the awakening, by a lot. Hopefuly you guys will rage quit when that happens.

Edited by Chun-Chun
3 people like this

Posted

Sorcs have more than one knockdown in my experience both playing the class and playing against them.

Again, my only problem with them is their transit time between teleport. There is not enough time to slide in CC at all while they are in transit.
I've noticed that my Chain Lightning doesn't even hit them if they spam their teleport skill.
That's a problem.

Generally leaves wizards defenseless unless we bait them, which is a thing. We can and do do it. But then we have to deal with the fact that they are essentially 70% Valk tanky.

Like.

?

Yes we have two. Both have long cooldowns. 

The iframe is necessary for sorcs to do their jobs (get into the backline).Without it, ranger/wiz just free casts.

And defenseless? 

Sorc has 6-7 iframes after which their stamina is depleted and they're useless. Just kite until then; drop residual and you've won. It's not that hard. You have a teleport with your own iframe.

Posted

130AP is massive atm that is Liverto and everything else +15, no Pri's or duos.

You're are a moron if you think that a Sorc is stronger than a wizard who have the highest AP ratios in the game and the most aoe.

That's what most of the people here are anyway, bunch of noobs with subpar +15's getting killed in arena 1v1's. 

have you ever played a wizard in pvp
have any of you ever played wizards in pvp.

You wrote that you have 182 DP and that you got one-shotted by a 130 AP Wiz. 

He said internal, each class has a dp multiplier, tamer has the lowest. Warrior has the highest iirc.