• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted

And that one skill oneshots 1+ people each time it's pulled off.Two skills to kill a player ontop of .5second downtime invince is not cool.

Anywho.

Wizards only have 1 iframe. Our 7 second teleport.
That added, we don't do nearly as much burst as Sorcs.
My wizard sits at around 200 DP. Sorcs can still demolish all of my hp based on one knockdown.
My AP counterpart with 150+ AP, residuals sorcs and does around 70-90% of their hp in cbf.

Please explain.

Our kill all skill has at most a 1:30 minute cooldown. Yours does not.Not to mention we can be cc'd out of it. You can not.

If you have 200dp on your Wiz and are getting one shot by a sorc, should just go uninstall.

Actually judging by how much trash you've put on there forums, should do that anyways.

Back to the topic. I main a Wiz, and an equally geared and skilled sorc is pretty tough and will get me if I dont chain with sages memory. However, in 1v1 situations, the sorcs almost never just pop me for several reasons. Any class fighting a sorc needs at least 1 skill awakened that decreases cast speed. Dunno why you wouldn't anyways. 

In small scale sorc can be a lot stronger than 1v1's because if someone get you in a residual or shot, you can be combo'd easily from there. But seems intended. Large scale sorc is in need of buffs, AKA awakening.

1 person likes this

Posted

they need to dark souls-ify this game, make every move you make a commitment and a risk. Most skills for classes in this game lack any kind of risk factor and turns into a complete iframe spam, block spam, and attack spam shitstorm.

Posted

Yes we have two. Both have long cooldowns. 

The iframe is necessary for sorcs to do their jobs (get into the backline).Without it, ranger/wiz just free casts.

And defenseless? 

Sorc has 6-7 iframes after which their stamina is depleted and they're useless. Just kite until then; drop residual and you've won. It's not that hard. You have a teleport with your own iframe.

The kd having a long cd doesn't matter much since you only need to kd once.

The iframe is too much. There needs to be more down time between transit time so that you kids actually use it intelligently as opposed to spamming it to stay impervious.

Yes. If we can't even hit you with a slow while you are in constant transit to us, then we are defenseless, assuming your kd DOES hit, which in my experience, it does. Doesn't always kd due to 60% ----- your kd, but when it does, I need to respawn.
As a dp wizard.

This has not ever been the case in my experience so I must not be paying close enough attention.

1 person likes this

Posted

130AP is massive atm that is Liverto and everything else +15, no Pri's or duos.

You're are a moron if you think that a Sorc is stronger than a wizard who have the highest AP ratios in the game and the most aoe.

That's what most of the people here are anyway, bunch of noobs with subpar +15's getting killed in arena 1v1's. 

Chun-Chun wrote that he has182 DP and that he got one-shotted by a 130 AP wiz and i wrote that this is impossible. I already wrote why a sorc has a higher burst than a wiz, not gonna write it again. Do you even know the CDs of a Wiz? We cannot have constant Dmg. We have a high starting burst and after our dmg falls down rapidly.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you have 200dp on your Wiz and are getting one shot by a sorc, should just go uninstall.

Where did I say oneshot.
Please learn to read before responding to me.

I don't have time for idiots.

Posted

can we get a cooldown on shotgun / ultimate evasive shot aswell plz?

and decrase the football field sized aoe of the wizzard?

and maybe replace the warrior shield with a cookie?

1 person likes this

Posted

Chun-Chun wrote that he has182 DP and that he got one-shotted by a 130 AP wiz and i wrote that this is impossible. I already wrote why a sorc has a higher burst than a wiz, not gonna write it again. Do you even know the CDs of a Wiz? We cannot have constant Dmg. We have a high starting burst and after our dmg falls down rapidly.

Of course wizards have 1:30 minute CD's, their abilities destroy large groups of people, not single targets like a sorc.

Wizards can hit 10 people at once, that is the highest burst in the game right there. Only an idiot would say otherwise.

Posted (edited)

Stop saying a class is unbalanced just because you get wrecked in 1v1. 1v1 doesn't matter in this game, classes are mostly balanced around seiges which is the core of the game, and the fact of the matter is that Rangers and wizzie witches are way more powerful than sorcs for this. 

Edit: having a melee dps class that can't keep up with the dmg of ranger / wizzie witches and can't even get into a fight bc of no iframes is a terribad idea. Op should learn more about the game

Edited by Babo
1 person likes this

Posted

The kd having a long cd doesn't matter much since you only need to kd once.

The iframe is too much. There needs to be more down time between transit time so that you kids actually use it intelligently as opposed to spamming it to stay impervious.

Yes. If we can't even hit you with a slow while you are in constant transit to us, then we are defenseless, assuming your kd DOES hit, which in my experience, it does. Doesn't always kd due to 60% ----- your kd, but when it does, I need to respawn.
As a dp wizard.

This has not ever been the case in my experience so I must not be paying close enough attention.

So tell me how do you use a sorc teleport inteligently? Do math with it? OHH, OOOH Me ME ME! You teleport outside of atacks with it!!!! YEY, but wait... That's bad, sorcs shouldn't be able to do that, right? They should do math with the teleport.... seriously?

You CAN'T get out of atacks range without using the telport 3 times in a row. You just can't. The distance of the teleport is too small.

Where did I say oneshot.Please learn to read before responding to me.

"that one skill oneshots 1+ people each time it's pulled off" In other posts too... won't bother looking.

Posted

TO give some warrant to my arguments, Oneshots do not happen in this game, as each skill hits multiple times.
Each time a skill hits is also a chance for it to miss, so to say a skill "Oneshots" someone does not make sense to me, as you're casting/shooting/striking more than one shot.

And to add onto that, in all of my examples(? correct me if wrong), i've not elaborated towards there being any type of "oneshotting" happening from sorc. The basis of my argument this entire time has been their -----ing teleport.

If you're going to rebut me, please make sure you're on par with following arguments, and not just trying to cover your ass for playing a tweaked ass class.

Basically, if you're not a nerd, don't even bother responding to me.

Posted (edited)

Stop saying a class is unbalanced just because you get wrecked in 1v1. 1v1 doesn't matter in this game, classes are mostly balanced around seiges which is the core of the game, and the fact of the matter is that Rangers and wizzie witches are way more powerful than sorcs for this.

This.

Forum pubbies should quit whining and get some decent gear. You know you can get 70% KD resistance with just 2 slot boots, right?

Edited by Moony

Posted

can we get a cooldown on shotgun / ultimate evasive shot aswell plz?

and decrase the football field sized aoe of the wizzard?

and maybe replace the warrior shield with a cookie?

+1

Posted

Most of my pvp exp is in cbf.
Not 1v1.

I go to arena to do staged 3v3+.

Anyways.

So tell me how do you use a sorc teleport inteligently? Do math with it? OHH, OOOH Me ME ME! You teleport outside of atacks with it!!!! YEY, but wait... That's bad, sorcs shouldn't be able to do that, right? They should do math with the teleport.... seriously?

You CAN'T get out of atacks range without using the telport 3 times in a row. You just can't. The distance of the teleport is too small.

"that one skill oneshots 1+ people each time it's pulled off" In other posts too... won't bother looking.

You are clearly upset and not reading my responses because of it.

I don't know what you mean by can't get out of attacks range using the teleport 3 times in a row you just can't the dis- yeah what?
Do you cbf at all? Or gvg?

Either way, I'm done responding to you. You're too emotionally compromised for this.

Posted (edited)

Where did I say oneshot.Please learn to read before responding to me.

"My wizard sits at around 200 DP. Sorcs can still demolish all of my hp based on one knockdown."

In one knockdown sorc only have time to do a full dark flame, assuming the opened with dark flame. Before you get more literal, just don't. You aren't smart kid. So please continue to back pedal. 

You seem to just be a shit tier player complaining and spamming the forums with nonsense opposed to learning how to play the class or learn the game. Which is funning considering all the shit you put out there.

Edited by WRX

Posted

TO give some warrant to my arguments, Oneshots do not happen in this game, as each skill hits multiple times.
Each time a skill hits is also a chance for it to miss, so to say a skill "Oneshots" someone does not make sense to me, as you're casting/shooting/striking more than one shot.

And to add onto that, in all of my examples(? correct me if wrong), i've not elaborated towards there being any type of "oneshotting" happening from sorc. The basis of my argument this entire time has been their -----ing teleport.

If you're going to rebut me, please make sure you're on par with following arguments, and not just trying to cover your ass for playing a tweaked ass class.

Basically, if you're not a nerd, don't even bother responding to me.

Prove to me how you can get outside of the range of a wizard atack without spamming the teleport on a sorc. 

The problem is not that you guys can't kill sorcs, no... no no no, the problem is that you guys can't DESTROY sorcs. That's the problem...

In each post you are like: i can't stun them when I WANT, i can't hit them when I WANT, i can't do x when I WANT.

Posted

Of course wizards have 1:30 minute CD's, their abilities destroy large groups of people, not single targets like a sorc.

Wizards can hit 10 people at once, that is the highest burst in the game right there. Only an idiot would say otherwise.

I write it again. A wizard is never destroying groups. But a group with a wizard/s is indeed. We are a group depending class. They are strong there yes, i am completely fine if they get balanced in the large scale fights but at the same time i am demanding a balancing for the sorcs as well because they are the same way OP. Not the dmg itself but the iframe is.

Posted

Edit: having a melee dps class that can't keep up with the dmg of ranger / wizzie witches and can't even get into a fight bc of no iframes is a terribad idea. Op should learn more about the game

I'm giving my analysis of days worth of building my self to attempt to combat my strongest counter in the game.
No other class gives me as much problems, so I tried to find a way to counter it and so far, it seems like, welp. ----- you War.

Basically.

Either way, I'm not arguing balance. Not once have I said that word as most people who say it don't know what they are talking about.

I simply think the teleport/transit time is an issue.
Go play against the class and get back to me brother.

Thanks.

PS. Our football sized AoEs have very long cooldowns in the heat of battle, not that I'd expect someone who does not play the class to understand.

Posted

Genuinely though, sorceress is the only class i've raged at and seen doing retarded shit. I'll be there in middle of the team and they'll teleport in and one shot me, literally a one shot. Then teleport out..... The fact they can spam invincibility is retarded on its own, then pair that with the damage they output and it's just plain stupid.

Either sorcs are OP as hell, or there is speed hacking going around in red battlefield (which is very possible... i've still seen a good few).

If I was going to speedhack the class i'd choose is sorceress too, it's incredibly easy to conceal.

As much as that sounds like a bummer, it also sounds like the team should have some people ready to counter-initiated on Warrior/Zerker.  It's what I intend to start doing more of the next time I hit RB, watch the edges for approaching initiation on the backline/sidelines and dive in for grabs.  

Until I get bored, then it's back to diving backlines to see how quickly they react to me carrying their Wizard/Ranger around.

Posted (edited)

PS. Our football sized AoEs have very long cooldowns in the heat of battle, not that I'd expect someone who does not play the class to understand.

So you don't see killing 20 players at once as OP, but you see a teleport skill as OP?

And you clearly have no idea how the sorc teleport works, when you claim that you can't CC a sorc out of the teleport.

Your mentality astonishes me. " I get killed by one class, that's it. Mean that that class is borken and needs nerf". "I can kill any other class in the game and even oneshot groups of players, yet my class is weak and should be buffed soon".

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

I write it again. A wizard is never destroying groups. But a group with a wizard/s is indeed. We are a group depending class. They are strong there yes, i am completely fine if they get balanced in the large scale fights but at the same time i am demanding a balancing for the sorcs as well because they are the same way OP. Not the dmg itself but the iframe is.

: x I destroy groups.
It's how we break zergs.

But it often takes more than 1 wizard to do so against larger groups. Strategy and planning, close to perfect execution.
Maybe I should have rolled sorc and just aoe'd shit down.

tbh maybe I should put a sorc on our strike squad for zerg dismantling.

That being said, yep.
Wizard can not play without group.

Or at least. Is very, very, very difficult.
I should know. I've built my entire wizard around it.

Posted (edited)

How are people complaining about Sorcs in PvP when wizards are the ones with 300+ points in red battlefield is beyond baffling. 

Further reinforces the point that this thread is filled with nothing but butt-hurt 1v1s in arena...

Edited by CriticalCore

Posted

So you don't see killing 20 players at once as OP, but you see a teleport skill as OP?

And you clearly have no idea how the sorc teleport works, when you claim that you can't CC a sorc out of the teleport.

You must not think I'm serious when I tell you I'm done talking to you buddy.
I don't often block people, but you're clearly emotional about this. Go calm down and come back so we can have an actual argument.

There is ~=>.5 seconds of downtime between teleport for sorc. I will upload the frames for it if you'd like.
That is not enough.

I did not say you can not cc them.
I said it is too difficult at the moment.

There have been times where I have gotten timing perfect enough to hit them while in-transit with skills like MMM, but we do not have CC that will effectively do the same.

Fireball possibly.

My issue is not, not being able to destroy them.
It's not being able to fight them on par with gear at all BECAUSE of them being able to be impervious to damage.

At the end of the day buddy. I can deal with the teleport. I'm just confused as to why it works that way in the first place.

How are people complaining about Sorcs in PvP when wizards are the ones with 300+ points in red battlefield is beyond baffling. 

I've done a lot of bf.

Most of my time in there, tamers go 300+.
But alright.

To add to your question though, we go that high because of our ability to wipe groups every 1:30 minutes.

You can stop this by not grouping and sending cc classes(all classes lol) to stop us. Which happens a lot.

Very few players know to do this.

The problem lies in that

NONE OF THAT SHIT APPLIES TO SORC.

Or tamer.

Tamers are squish though. 

Posted

Further reinforces the point that this thread is filled with nothing but butt-hurt 1v1s in arena...

Are people really counting points in RB as a thing that they care about?  Aren't points based off of kills, and therefore favor ranged classes extraordinarily?

Do they get anything for having the most points?

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Posted

Your mentality astonishes me. " I get killed by one class, that's it. Mean that that class is borken and needs nerf". "I can kill any other class in the game and even oneshot groups of players, yet my class is weak and should be buffed soon".

You don't know my mentality, as you're being rash with my responses.
You also don't know me.

When did I ever say the class was broken.
I can't oneshot groups of players as a wizard.

Maybe you should go do some research, get some intelligence/knowledge from killing grass beetles, and come back.

Posted

Most of my pvp exp is in cbf.Not 1v1.

I go to arena to do staged 3v3+.

Anyways.

You are clearly upset and not reading my responses because of it.

I don't know what you mean by can't get out of attacks range using the teleport 3 times in a row you just can't the dis- yeah what?
Do you cbf at all? Or gvg?

Either way, I'm done responding to you. You're too emotionally compromised for this.

cbf =/= organized PvP with people that actually know what they're doing and understand their role in PvP. Hell, the majority of people don't even stack kd resist. You can put a well geared person in on any class and they will wreck face in that chaos.