• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that if they fixed the Desync on their servers then sorc's wouldn't be as bad. Though I really do dislike how my valk can apparently land a clean CC on a sorc and they ignore it completely. This was from weeks ago with not everyone had 60% resists to everything apparently. So...my issue with Sorcs is a combination of their iFrames and server issues. Meh.

Posted

I saw a ranger at +265 on RBF. Also a Wizard at +108, and a warrior at +101. Next below that was +50.

Nerf ranger, wizard and warrors plz. Too OP.

Posted

I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone who doesn't do their own research.Have a nice day.

for what it's worth, I find wizards/witches built the way you are, as more of a challenge than glass cannons.

as a sorc I can shred an AP built one instantly, but a DP wiz or witch.... Generally they can outlast me until I run out of Stam creating damage or cc Windows for them. Once those cc are on its very hard to prevent death. Even the i frame becomes significantly slower.

That sort of Wiz build is counter intuitive but imo it's no less effective, certainly in small scale.

Posted

There would be two ways to tackle a Sorceress nerf, namely nerfing their I-frame or nerfing the block on their forward knee. The currently problem with the I-frame of Sorceresses is not that it can be spammed, but rather there is no chance to hit them between I-frames, and unlike Tamer, there is no reasonable way to track your target with your eyes as they I-frame as they disappear. You can reasonably guess which direction they went based off of where they were facing, but knowing the exact position is impossible. I personally believe the best way to tackle a Sorceress nerf would be to remove the block on the forward knee. As it stands, a Sorceress can hit a knockdown from range, and then I-frame in quickly blocking all forward damage from the target as they begin their combo. This is ridiculous, as no assassin class should be rewarded for charging into their target head on, especially when they have such an easy way of closing distance. As it stands, Sorceresses are not rewarded for intelligent play, and are instead rewarded by being able to close distance. By removing this block it would require them to attack while the target is still down on the ground, and not as they are getting up. This means Sorceresses would have to hit their stuns from a closer distance, increasing risk and therefore making the class less of a bullshit invincible assassin without touching the I-frame. A Sorceress who just charges in after their target has recovered from the stun is going to be met with a shotgun/fireball/etc to the face and have their combo interrupted.

The forward block is good but short-lived and in my experience tricky to time; good players can and will punish you if you use it while they are not CCed or in the middle of recovering from CC, and don't get me started on how much of a PITA it is to fight anyone with a grab. I mean, losing it wouldn't destroy the class or anything but why should the sorc lose the brief forward guard and be even easier to counter? Without desync it would be a cakewalk for some classes with a little practice.

Seems silly to tell a class 'you can only do anything to anyone if they are CCed' knowing full well that there are a few classes that are damn near impossible to CC even without resists.

Posted

While I won't hide, I've mained a sorc since release.  The excuse to nerf sorcs due to lag/desync is just hilarious.  The only game I have ever seen nerf a class due to lag was Age of Conan, they nerfed necromancers because they could lag people with graphic spam......  One of the dumbest things I have ever seen, let's not repeat that mistake.

Instead of asking to nerf a class due to lag how about we ask for more reliable servers, you know so we can get node wars.....

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are looking to nerf sorc, you're just going to make them all re-roll ranger / wizard.

There's only one problem with sorc, and that's desync. However, it works both ways, you might be able to grab us easier, but your KD'd body won't appear 20' in a random direction to us either.

Anywho, obligatory meme:

gitgood.jpg

Posted

While I won't hide, I've mained a sorc since release.  The excuse to nerf sorcs due to lag/desync is just hilarious.  The only game I have ever seen nerf a class due to lag was Age of Conan, they nerfed necromancers because they could lag people with graphic spam......  One of the dumbest things I have ever seen, let's not repeat that mistake.

Instead of asking to nerf a class due to lag how about we ask for more reliable servers, you know so we can get node wars.....

They don't care. They want to win and are upset that it takes effort, and asking Daum to burn the class that annoys them most at any given moment seems like the path of least resistance for some people. You see the same thing with calls for wizard nerfs, hilariously enough.

Posted

I agree. I would much rather see the desync go away rather than nerfing classes. However I still kinda feel like there should be a gap between sorc Iframes.

Posted

There's only one problem with sorc, and that's desync. However, it works both ways, you might be able to grab us easier, but your KD'd body won't appear 20' in a random direction to us either.

For real. Last night I was doing a few practice fights in the arena and almost every round went on way longer than it should have because I managed to land a kd and follow with a Dark Flame only to see their health bar not move at all. Then they would vanish from under me and stand up a few feet to the side. -_-

Posted

I can see this all depending on thresholds.  If you get enough DP to live through a common burst on most gear levels, then hitting that DP threshold even on a class with less DP scaling might be more advantageous.  Your damage output is always 0 when you're dead, regardless of your AP.  I get what you're saying, but cut-and-dry declarations like that are dangerously uncreative.

;) Shhh. Don't explain =! common sense to them. They might learn to start tinkering around with metabuilds.
Then I would not be a special snowflake!

I was pleasantly surprised to see both classes have a chance.  I was expecting some "demonstration of how terrible the game is in KR" video, but instead it looks like the match-up could go either way based on who lands their CC.  I've seen worse ways to do PvP, even if this happens to be extraordinarily punishing for mistakes.

Yeah I suppose. I was just disgusted that all it took was one cc to wipe in some of those cases. Granted this is 1v1. Will be interesting to see how awks play in group fights.

Posted

I agree. I would much rather see the desync go away rather than nerfing classes. However I still kinda feel like there should be a gap between sorc Iframes.

Pretty sure there is, it's just tough to hit. And any sorc that spams iframes is going to leave themselves open - you can't potion away stamina use, it has to come back the old fashioned way. The vast majority of complaints I see about iframe spam are l2p issues more than anything else, with the understanding that desync does make them a little bit harder to counter.

Posted

for what it's worth, I find wizards/witches built the way you are, as more of a challenge than glass cannons.

as a sorc I can shred an AP built one instantly, but a DP wiz or witch.... Generally they can outlast me until I run out of Stam creating damage or cc Windows for them. Once those cc are on its very hard to prevent death. Even the i frame becomes significantly slower.

That sort of Wiz build is counter intuitive but imo it's no less effective, certainly in small scale.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP.
Let other wizards and witches and scrubs who follow guides and their GM who played KR and know everything continue to think that wiz can only be AP! SHHSHSHHSHHSHSHSHSH HHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHHHHHHSHSH

there is a reason  Ididn't justify myself to him :<
SH.

SHH.

S
H

pls ;-;

They don't care.

I care.

Posted

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP.Let other wizards and witches and scrubs who follow guides and their GM who played KR and know everything continue to think that wiz can only be AP! SHHSHSHHSHHSHSHSHSH HHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHHHHHHSHSH

there is a reason  Ididn't justify myself to him :<
SH.

SHH.

S
H

pls ;-;

I care.

LOL if you'd like I can delete my post xD?

Posted

LOL if you'd like I can delete my post xD?

Nahh it's alright hah. I don't mind sharing stuff, just still working on finding sweetspots. In that post, obviously- I'm testing with base AP acce(none of my upgraded rings/ears/belts on). etc.
Just been playing around and seeing what it's like for a while.
It's nice.
People get frustrated that they can't kill me in 5 seconds but I Can kill them and their friends with blizzard.
Then the heal and support. Earthquake plays really nice with others. FF is nice for mass CC on any groups.

In all honesty and while being somewhat transparent- My strike/flank squad runs two DP build Defense wizards for wiping out zergged pockets.
It works really well.

Very few can do anything because the DP wizards charge in with a valk and freeze, then one pops earthquake while the other domes, then they rotate, while the AP wizards come through with double charged meteors, one mounted, the other 200%.

PSA. No zerg has been able to handle that tactic to date.

Posted

I can see how iframe spam could feel overwhelming for an opponent, that being said, I think the discussion to nerf sorc iframes should really be shelved until we solve the server lag.  iframe spamming is actually important to a sorcs pve grinding game and a nerf to it will hurt the class hard in pve as well as pvp obviously.  As other have said if a sorc does nothing but spam iframes they will run out of stamina.  If server stability is fixed and iframe spam without desyncing is still highly problematic perhaps it deserves a look.  Don't however ask to hamstring the class until the first problem is solved.  PvP currently has no real merit so nerfing on those grounds without real gains from pvp at this juncture is premature.

Posted

Desync didn't stop musa Iframes getting 4 sec cd.

please explain using logic that isn't broken by musa nerf, why sorc shouldn't?

Posted

I saw a ranger at +265 on RBF. Also a Wizard at +108, and a warrior at +101. Next below that was +50.

Nerf ranger, wizard and warrors plz. Too OP.

I've see wizards with +500 points in RBF

Posted

I don't feel musa should have the nerf.

Posted

inb4 you've never played the classes and don't understand the difference between the blader/plum dash and the sorc Night Crow.

damnit too late

Posted

I've see wizards with +500 points in RBF

150+. Many classes do that when they have over that amount of AP.

Posted (edited)

You say re-balance, but the only options in the votes are nerfs, how about some buffs?

How about 100% crit on DF? ^^

Also, what is "FOTM"? (Not trolling, I really don't know.)

Edited by Doldol

Posted (edited)

I can see this all depending on thresholds.  If you get enough DP to live through a common burst on most gear levels, then hitting that DP threshold even on a class with less DP scaling might be more advantageous.  Your damage output is always 0 when you're dead, regardless of your AP.  I get what you're saying, but cut-and-dry declarations like that are dangerously uncreative.

I actually really enjoyed this video.  TTK is a bit intense, but it's a fast-paced, mistake-punishing match-up where they both have a chance to win.

I was pleasantly surprised to see both classes have a chance.  I was expecting some "demonstration of how terrible the game is in KR" video, but instead it looks like the match-up could go either way based on who lands their CC.  I've seen worse ways to do PvP, even if this happens to be extraordinarily punishing for mistakes.

The DP threshold is irrelevant for a Wizard, you have Warriors and berserker that Peel for wizards with Grab CC. 

So they can practically go into combat without armour. Once again, not building AP on a wizard is just a sub optimal play-style. 20 AP on a wizard makes a far larger difference than a measily 20 DP. Add to the fact that AP scales far better than DP combined with a Wizard low DP multiplier it is dumb.

If some people like to feel like special snowflakes using suboptimal gear then its their loss...

Edited by CriticalCore

Posted

Only sorc players will vote this "No, they are perfect." 

Posted

I'm pretty sure the strongest 1v1 pvp class is desync ranger with third world internet.

2 people like this

Posted

inb4 you've never played the classes and don't understand the difference between the blader/plum dash and the sorc Night Crow.

damnit too late

right. Cause sorcs use stamina for how many other abilities?

ive played all the classes scrub.

musa use far more stamina for many of their hard hitting moves. Sorcs use none. Yet a nerfed Iframes for musa was needed, but not for the higher dmg, better group buffs, mid ranged, melee with just as much if not better defense.

youre wrong. And just got rekt. 

Go go cry in the corner kid