• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

vote now Sorceress Balance Poll

Does the Sorceress need to be re-balanced?   1,067 votes

1. 1. Please vote/reply.

• Yes, their damage is too high.
    • Yes, the cooldown or cost on their iframe (invulnerability) is too short/small.
    • Yes, their block mechanic is making them too tanky.
    • Yes, they have too many knockdowns and or stuns.
    • No, they are perfect.
    • Other, see reply...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

391 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure the strongest 1v1 pvp class is desync ranger with third world internet.

LOL so sad we live in a world where having shitty internet makes you better.  I don't quite know how to react to that.  I know playing games like LoL and SMITE that can hold true as well.

Posted

right. Cause sorcs use stamina for how many other abilities?

ive played all the classes scrub.

musa use far more stamina for many of their hard hitting moves. Sorcs use none. Yet a nerfed Iframes for musa was needed, but not for the higher dmg, better group buffs, mid ranged, melee with just as much if not better defense.

youre wrong. And just got rekt. 

Go go cry in the corner kid

you're dumb. Blader and plum shouldn't have gotten the iframe nerf anyways. You do realize they still have iframes in Kr right? It's just on their awakening weapon. /sigh

Posted

Nice biased poll answers.

Posted (edited)

I think it's definitely just a desync issue, then we can re-establish if sorcs need to be toned down.

Usually there's a gap between their iframes, but for our servers it lags so much it basically makes them invulnerable.

Their damage seems like a lot, but it's mostly all from KDs. I've noticed a huge difference in stacking resistances against them.

Edited by Rythmn
1 person likes this

Posted

It's weird to me how everyone talks about Sorceress like it dominates the game, yet I step into Red Battlefield, and it's wizards and rangers that are dominating and slaughtering dozens. I go to/watch a GVG, and it's wizards/rangers that are slaughtering dozens. Yet people only complain about one class because it's difficult to hit, and does high damage (even if it's less damage than those rangers are doing to dozens in huge AoEs).

I'm sure I'm missing something. Game is probably secretly centered around arena 1v1 duels and I didn't notice. Or else people are just incredibly stupid and think every dps class is overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

3 people like this

Posted

The DP threshold is irrelevant for a Wizard, you have Warriors and berserker that Peel for wizards with Grab CC. 

So they can practically go into combat without armour. Once again, not building AP on a wizard is just a sub optimal play-style. 20 AP on a wizard makes a far larger difference than a measily 20 DP. Add to the fact that AP scales far better than DP combined with a Wizard low DP multiplier it is dumb.

If some people like to feel like special snowflakes using suboptimal gear then its their loss...

Your argument reminds me of a rogue in my raiding guild in Burning Crusade.  All he did was think about his optimal DPS and boast about his numbers, except he also died on basically every fight because he ignored boss mechanics.

The difference between you living with 1 health when your teammate gets a Grab, and dying before your teammate gets a Grab, is your ability to turn and murder the person grabbed, then go back to business.  There's more to consider when speaking of optimal play than numbers.

Posted

Your argument reminds me of a rogue in my raiding guild in Burning Crusade.  All he did was think about his optimal DPS and boast about his numbers, except he also died on basically every fight because he ignored boss mechanics.

The difference between you living with 1 health when your teammate gets a Grab, and dying before your teammate gets a Grab, is your ability to turn and murder the person grabbed, then go back to business.  There's more to consider when speaking of optimal play than numbers.

There's a difference between staying alive and doing damage and staying alive while doing no damage.

Posted (edited)

There needs to be a small timeframe between their Iframes,(so you have a chance to CC them for just spamming it.) Otherwise i'd say they're balanced.

Rangers on the other hand....

Edited by Deathlos

Posted

There's a difference between staying alive and doing damage and staying alive while doing no damage.

There's also a difference between doing no damage, doing enough damage, and doing more damage than necessary.

Optimization is a balancing act.

Posted

There needs to be a small timeframe between their Iframes,(so you have a chance to CC them for just spamming it.) Otherwise i'd say they're balanced.

Rangers on the other hand....

agreed

Posted

Sorcs are fine in large scale pvp, which is the only thing that matters, L2P. 

Posted

The plebs in this thread..

Sorceror is FINE. They are meant to be the best 1v1 class but lack in large scale pvp. How do you even nerf a sorcerer without ruining them? Wanna give their iframe a cooldown or nerf their damage? Rip all sorcerers.

1 person likes this

Posted

The plebs in this thread..

Sorceror is FINE. They are meant to be the best 1v1 class but lack in large scale pvp. How do you even nerf a sorcerer without ruining them? Wanna give their iframe a cooldown or nerf their damage? Rip all sorcerers.

I think their damage is fine, but being able to be untouchable is a bit much.

Posted

Q: Why can't anyone make a balanced decent poll on these forums

A: Because they are not interested in the poll, they just want support for their own viewpoint

Posted

if desync can't be fixed then this cancer class needs to be modified accordingly, add 1 sec cd on their TP's iframe or even 2 sec or even 4sec like blader

nerf ranger and wizard's retarded dmg while at it too 

Posted

I think their damage is fine, but being able to be untouchable is a bit much.

So you want to give them a shield then? When a sorc gets touched, it's going to die, or very nearly. It is the only mechanic they have to deal damage and survive doing it, and they only pose a threat to a single target at a time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mobility, iframe, huge damage, strong CC. Sorc has it all. Whilst almost every other class has a niche. 

There is a serious balance issue here.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The only problem I have with a sorc as a warrior in 1v1 is teleport desync. Could maybe even say that warr counters sorc 1v1.

Wouldnt know how other classes fare against sorc. But surely sorc isnt a bad class at all indeed.

So DAUM maybe it is time to fix the desyncs?

Edited by Tsinatsil

Posted

Lol @ poll. 

Just reframe the poll with the following options:

- "Sorc too hard in 1v1!!! Nerf! "

"Sorc too hard in 1v1!!! Nerf!"

- "Sorc too hard in 1v1!!! Nerf!"

- "Sorc is fine."

- "Sorc too OP! Here's a list why! " 

No need to hide them bias nor pretend this thread is meant for actual dialogue on understanding / structuring of a class.

Posted

Its funny that one class is clearly stronger than the others and all the sorcs say its fine because its supposed to be best 1v1

I think each class should have some counter but atm there is none for sorc

but yeah, if you are sorc its fine

Posted

Prefer ranger to sorc in boss fights.

Or is this just a biased poll aimed at one particular aspect of the game that OP cares about?

Posted

if you think sorc has too many iframes wait for musa awakening XDDD

Posted

no really let me prove to you that I have no idea what I'm talking about haha see rekt I can shitpost better than all ya'll come at me I'll internet tough guy you so bad rekt

k guy, glwt

Posted

hi, this is not shitty 1v1 arena game like blade and soul. 1v1 means nothing, game is balanced around gvg.

ranger and witch are the strongest classes. witch is best damage, but needs more support in order to do their job (valks/zerker). ranger is easiest consistent damage. ranger prob most braindead class tbh. less damage than witch in gvg, but its just 100x safer and easier.

zerker is cc bot. sorc is assassin that tries to port through cc and get witches. if sorc goes on ranger, he will be wasting his time, because ranger has many iframe too and is easier to get consistent damage off.

blader is just trash. reroll. better go tamer than balder.

base class in any guild is witch and ranger. whatever class and in what number the guild adds after is down to their style, ie more witches and zerkers for defensive etc or more sorc + ranger for offensive (sorc to go on enemy witches, ranger because need less babysit since you have less room for support since u recruited sorcs).

the more organized ur guild, the more impact ur witches will have. the less organized ur guild the more impact enemy sorcs will have. this is why you see sorcs do good in red battlefield compared to normal gvg. no organization in RB compared to GVG.

Posted

The next theard about class balance.

Still wait for Zerk... beside we play a mmorpg, but just keep on. Probably some developer will say "we dont care".