• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cannot change channel due to restrictions

118 posts in this topic

Posted

This is down right pathetic, in ever form of any magnitude. This post was started 4 days ago, and the only thing that is posted is that you are looking into it, and a automated response of, you must verify that you get this ticket, that you already submitted by email, for if you don't respond to that email, that you get, stating that you put the ticket in, I guarantee, that it just sits their, with no concern. Yes, this is a great game, and I really enjoy the hell out of it. But for many of us, that is not able to play, for 4 days, with NO resolution, and most likely will say, most of us has put money into this game, getting a response of, we are looking into it, please do better and fix this issue. I mean, we did buy the game legit, with our own money, or I should say, I did.

Further more, I know for a fact, it is not an issue with my computer, considering, I have removed the game twice, and re-installed it twice, with the same out come. ALL ports are open, all anti-ware programs shut down, all cache removed, deleted, computer restarted, and yes, all updates for drivers updated. If it was my computer, How come I CAN connect to the server UNO, but not the other two, especially Edan, considering that is where my 4 level 50 characters are, and the ones I like to play......????

I hope it does not come off that I am being a complete - dingle hole - but I am very upset that, after being in the hospital for over 2 weeks, coming back, and finding out that other people, could NOT play, because of this issue for 4 days, kinda does make someone a dingle hole. So please, with all do respect, PLEASE fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your hard and dedicated perseverance, into this matter, for a positive, and a prosperous compensation for a parent error, on your guys end, not ours.

Family Name : CortexWorld

Character Name : SandyCortex

Server : Edan 

Your request (108561) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

story_xlimage_2011_02_R5399_Wildlife_Sig

Posted

Update: This issue should now be resolved, if its not resolved. Feel free to post here again

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

THE ACCOUNTS ARE FIXED!!!! Sorry for the caps, but these wonderful people have fixed the issue for me. I received an email, stating that the only thing I need to do, is try to log in, without doing anything, and it worked properly. Thanks to the hard work and dedication on fixing this issue, my problem has been resolved. Kudos to the whole team.

BTW, Thank you so much GM_Huego, your awesome. :-)

Sandy.

Edited by Sandy0819

Posted

Yup same here and it is indeed fixed.  Thank you kindly for your help.

Posted

Yes i'm in!

a big thank you to GM_Huego and everyone who worked on the issue!

Posted

Thank you for getting the Tech Group to fix this issue.

Posted

After 6 days, its about time.

Posted (edited)

NOT FIXED here,

I'm still waiting patiently to get my account fixed.

Family name: Munasi

Server: Uno

Edited by Beirut

Posted (edited)

YES!!

This issue is happening to me.

YES!! When I logged out the second to last character I used was left reading a book!!!

Has to be it

Someone replied to my ticket this morning

the solution didn't worked but you might want to try it on your side, you could be luckier than me

Greetings,

I'm GM *****. Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support and your interest in the game.

Please try the following to resolve the issue:

Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"

Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.

Delete the service.ini in your game installation folder.

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following.

--Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)

-Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck

-Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

Please note that, it's may (re)download a massive amount of data.

I hope this answers your question and feel free to contact us again, should you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

GM *****
Black Desert Online Customer Support

Did this. It didn't work.

Still getting "cannot change channels due to restrictions"

I cannot enter the game.

Ticket 109820

Family: Machson

FIXED IT!!

(This is how I fixed it)

To fix the "cannot change channels due to restrictions" error.

Create a new character and enter the game.

Log out. Go back to your original server - and it should now let you in.

Edited by Jakedamus

Posted

YES!!

This issue is happening to me.

YES!! When I logged out the second to last character I used was left reading a book!!!

Has to be it

Did this. It didn't work.

Still getting "cannot change channels due to restrictions"

I cannot enter the game.

Ticket 109820

Family: Machson

FIXED IT!!

(This is how I fixed it)

To fix the "cannot change channels due to restrictions" error.

Create a new character and enter the game.

Log out. Go back to your original server - and it should now let you in.

so lucky it didn't work for me.

Posted

Request #113355

#channelrestrict

can't log in and it's been like this for hours.  Even if i don't log into my acct for an hr it didn't fix anything.  Can you please look into my ticket?  Thanks

2016-05-17_2108690.JPG

Posted

#channelrestrict
Ticket: 114226 on Edan Server.

Posted

FIX!!!! ok so when I was kicked back to the start screen , with the error you have been disconnected. instead of pressing enter. I tried clicking start while the disconnected screen was showing it took me back to server select and i was able to log into my server

Posted (edited)

It may be a timing issue (I had submitted a ticket earlier today) but after trying the various 'solutions' listed here.  I picked the channel after the one I was stuck in (figuring the IDs got messed up when they removed a channel at the start of the list) and it removed the message.  I know it shouldn't work and again it may be happen stance but it something else to try.

Edited by Munavar

Posted

Changing servers and creating a new character fixed the problem, but they need to get a handle on this shit.  I'm not making a new character every damned time this happens.

Posted

Question, did you recently use the bookshelf in a residence? If so, was it on an offline character? As in, you had them read from the bookshelf then switched characters or went offline after you set the task? Same question for @Bstt and @kiralia.

I've had this same error a couple times now and I'm almost positive that's what's been causing it for me. The first time I had to wait about 2 days then I was able to get past server channel selection. The second time, and this was odd, I was able to get past channel selection by selecting the channel I was previously logged onto. It seemed odd to me because the first time I had tried selecting each different channel several times each and I wasn't able to log on and just had to wait it out. But since you were on Valencia 3, you obviously won't be able to try selecting the channel you were previously on.

I've searched through reddit and this sites forums and I've only found 2 or 3 posts of people saying they fixed this issue by logging in to a different server then logging out and restarting the client. That didn't work for me though. But it's still something you could try. This issue is pretty lame. The latest patch notes mentioned the NA servers were expecting technicians to service them soon. I'm hoping that will be able to clear A LOT of issues up. If not I'd be kinda frustrated if it meant I wouldn't be able to use the bookshelf I got from pre-ordering.

Let me know if you guys used the bookshelf or not so i could bump my support ticket with a reference to this thread. We could possibly get contribution points for helping if this turns out to be the cause! I'm pretty sure contributing to solving issues/reporting bugs/reporting cheaters can gets you a GM Box from the mail. Those got awesome loot boxes inside.

Thanks for this -- this is what was causing the issue for me

Posted

Request #144604

I have the same problem, please fix it for me.

Posted

Request (146555)

I didnt found this article early enough, so i startet one by my own in the german forum :

I see now that im not the only one with this problem ^^

So if you dont mind i would thank you if you fix it.

Server : Alustin

Family : Aynherjar

Charackter : Sejuira

Thx for your patience.

Posted

#channelrestrict

Haven't been able to swap channel for the hole day and thats gona be a problem if it dosent work tommrow becuse off node-wars

/PingZero - Pero

Posted

The same error occured to me today. (Probably because one of my twinks is reading books..) Already wrote a support ticket. Please help!

#channelrestrict Request (156721)

Posted

Happening to me too It might be a pretty nasty bug here on the server side, since 'restrictions' can be stuff like being banned or being flagged by the server for doing someting that disallows you to change channel while in action.

Posted (edited)

I am now having this issue. I had an alt reading a book and I tried to go to Red Battlefield on my main.  That caused it.  Now I'm stuck on the same channel I was on when I attempted.  Can't change channels at all even after waiting hours, shutting down the game and restarting.

Edited by Daxed

Posted

I have the same issue GM Huego help plz. Writting since 6 days with GMs but they cannot help me.
Ticket: 191926

Posted

Same Issue here, trying all of the workarounds on the topic no luck.

Server : Edan
Ticket : Request #211286