• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Aoe from walls/buildings

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone know why when we cast something from walls or buildings on arena(not even high) Blizzard/Meteor/Ultimate Lighting dont hit at all, but archers with arrow rain withone works like our meteor etc hits everyone, anyone know why its like this? Its 100% miss from buildings

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you sure you are flagged while on particular walls in the arena? Just because you are in range doesn't mean you are actually active for PVP in that spot.

While I haven't done a ton of fighting from walls, I've had no issue attacking people on the ground from the walls/top of Sarma. As the whole area is flagged for PVP, no issues.

Posted

Metor, Blizzard and ulti Lighting have a fix area that you cant alter or make it follow the terrain.

archers skills is hitt were you aim(if im not wrong) same as our lighting and residual lighting.

its kind of stupid if your fighting in a hill as most of your Damage skills and even heal skill is useless.

Posted

Do you have aim assist on?  Is it the same whether it's on or off?

Posted

Are you sure you are flagged while on particular walls in the arena? Just because you are in range doesn't mean you are actually active for PVP in that spot.

While I haven't done a ton of fighting from walls, I've had no issue attacking people on the ground from the walls/top of Sarma. As the whole area is flagged for PVP, no issues.

Its arena so i dont need to be flagged, somehow on same spots archer use arrows rain and hit every single dude in aoe area

Metor, Blizzard and ulti Lighting have a fix area that you cant alter or make it follow the terrain.

archers skills is hitt were you aim(if im not wrong) same as our lighting and residual lighting.

its kind of stupid if your fighting in a hill as most of your Damage skills and even heal skill is useless.

We aim with meteors but we cant choose where it falls, its i think 10m foward and u cant change it, same is with arrow raid

Well better fight on hill than be 1 shoted on ground

Do you have aim assist on?  Is it the same whether it's on or off?

i have it on

Posted

I read if you check in your settings "mouse movement", you can place your aoe skills where YOU want them to go. I haven't tried this so I can't say that is works but it's something I read. Idk.

Posted

Its arena so i dont need to be flagged, somehow on same spots archer use arrows rain and hit every single dude in aoe area

We aim with meteors but we cant choose where it falls, its i think 10m foward and u cant change it, same is with arrow raid

Well better fight on hill than be 1 shoted on ground

i have it on

The arena is the inside, the walls aren't supposed to be active for PVP unless I'm mistaken. However, there are spots where you can attack and others you can't. Moving one step can turn it off and on.

Like I said, I've attacked people from much higher than arena walls without issue with fireball/lightning/blizzard, etc so I assume it is an arena thing. I also have auto aim off most of the time as well so that might allow me to aim better. 

Posted

its not what i was saying. i know were it will land or i can move it around me to make it land were i want. but i cant choose height.

if your standing 3 meters above the guys your hitting you will just hitt the air above him not the guy below.

Posted

Here is the answer.

1.) turn off auto aim assist

2.) raise your field of view with the up arrow key to where you can clearly see over the wall. 3.) try again

Posted

I haven't tried the above mentioned however having the same issue. I cannot even cast off of a rock... My skill's will not work correctly if I am above my target.. This has to be broken or something. Even If I starring right at them.. This why I find this whole not being to actually target someone sort of clunky.

Posted

I haven't tried the above mentioned however having the same issue. I cannot even cast off of a rock... My skill's will not work correctly if I am above my target.. This has to be broken or something. Even If I starring right at them.. This why I find this whole not being to actually target someone sort of clunky.

Is this with all skills at all times or specific situations?

As I don't have this issue, it isn't 100% universal. I've attacked from walls, buildings, rocks, hills, etc without any issue.

Posted

I apologize for my poor paint skills (Inside spoiler for illustration) but I believe this is how our spells like blizzard and meteor work with things like hills, the red rectangle being us, the red circle being our spell, and the blue line being where it hits the terrain. Basically the spell doesn't turn to match the hill and just catches on wherever it can first and the whole skill works ONLY on that elevation. Not really sure how to word this properly. Let me know if anyone else believes this to be the case.

Untitled.thumb.png.b9f9e67387569840bd425

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0