• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie Balance Poll

Vote   168 votes

1. 1. Please Vote.

• Damage too high.
    • Shield throw stun/damage way too high.
    • Too tanky.
    • Too mobile.
    • Too many grabs.
    • Too many self heals.
    • Just right.
    • Underpowered, weakest class in-game. (Valkyries click here)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by NimbleNavigator

Posted

Well Valks are the second fattest class next to ranger so I guess they are pretty good. 

Posted

Terrible poll options.

5 people like this

Posted

They seem like a pretty good class to me. Good tanking ability through block, both close and mid range cc, and they have nice burst (better than any other melee class from what I've experienced). You think they are too strong? Cause they are definitely not weak, most balanced "melee" class in the game atm TBH.

4 people like this

Posted

everyone making one of these now? LOL

Posted

They seem like a pretty good class to me. Good tanking ability through block, both close and mid range cc, and they have nice burst (better than any other melee class from what I've experienced). You think they are too strong? Cause they are definitely not weak, most balanced "melee" class in the game atm TBH.

Valks are definitely top tier in the melee bracket. Of course none of the melee bracket can compete with the Sorcs and Rangers currently though.

Posted

everyone making one of these now? LOL

where is nerf wizard so I can flame it.

Posted

Yeah valks are like the 3-4 best class. Plz nerf

Posted

I wont vote because I don't find my case

damage to high?

I don't think so, valk need to be overgeared to her opponent and have an AP build to make damage

shield throw stun/damage to high?

maybe in PVE shield damage is high, PVP shield to do damage is well stupid shield just stun if not in cooldown but it doesn't do damage...

Too tanky?

this depends of the DP that you have, but there are a lot of sorc, rangers and wiz that are monsters that doesn't care if you have 230+ DP
they just kill you and you well do not much damage... maybe I need 300+  DP ?)
for the rest of casual players that I don't care, maybe we are too tanky, I remember a sorce from a random guild that tried to PKd me and she doesn't do damage
at the end she said: wtf... srry i'll leave...

Too mobile?

WHAT!? of course we have the iframe and those infinite jumps...

Too many grabs?

we just have one grab but is ok, we have that stun sword s+e

Too many selfheals?

just one but it helps you a lot

Just Right?

mmm we lack of movement but its ok, I  accept that is our counter the movility
so we need to be patient, I accept that Im not going to kill the enemy but I know that I will help my dps sorc rang or whatever
to kill the enemy or to save her ass to not being killed :P

Underpowered?

I think the underpowered class is the giants
I feel underpowered if  I fight with someone over geared (most of the ppl that I fight)
we need the stun sword to be spameable :P

Posted

valks are considered one of the best, if not THE best, single target burst damage class. have you seen the damage multipliers on celestial spear + SoJ third hit combo?

I switched my main to plum and am enjoying it, but my main before it was valk. I never lost a duel against guildies in arenas, if they make a mistake, they are punished heavily for it.

Counter -> ST -> CS -> SoJ combo will usually take away half their hp. while they are down, grab -> sharp light -> SoJ will usually take out the other half of their hp.

I enjoyed arenas with valk~ sure they are not AS good in GvG where mobility is king, and valks are lower tier in that category, but they are still useful with their accuracy aoe buff, area heal, shield block, and ranged CC in the form of celestial spear.

I may switch between valk and plum once awakenings come out, both are very fun to play. does valk need a nerf? hardly~ they still die like any other class.

Posted

valks tied with sorcs in 1v1 whoever stuns the other first wins. (only 1v1, sorcs still 1v20 easily)

Other than that valks cant do much except cc and be meatshields In large scales

ez pz, needs buff

Posted

The only weakness with Valkyrie is the basic weakness of being melee in an open world battle. Even then, gear and skill mitigates much of that.

Posted

Well Valks are the second fattest class next to ranger so I guess they are pretty good. 

Calling me fat now, huh.

This keeps getting better and better.

tumblr_njfbgxcj2s1tvfwdpo1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

I am the only Valkyrie in my guild. Well, there used to be two other Valkyries in the guild but both rerolled Rangers (even after the nerf). I wonder why.

Posted

lol, they'll regret it since Valk won't stay nerfed forever. I'm still betting that in a year's time Valk will be top of the pile again in class power.

Once melee classes get balanced against ranged classes, and Valk is the strongest of the melee, she'll be number 1 or 2 again in power level.

Posted

Valk in Korea is number 2 in 1v1 behind ranger with sorc in the 3rd place slot.

So its already number 2.

Posted

Valkyrie too mobile, they shouldn't be able to move !

Posted

I'd nerf that...

WAbxD4E.jpg

:P 

Posted

As every melee underpowered.

Valk in Korea is number 2 in 1v1 behind ranger with sorc in the 3rd place slot.

So its already number 2.

It is not 1v1 game, 1v1 means nothing.

Posted

i am full +15..  i am very squishy when shield not up i deal zero damage,  all black spirit skill are useless on Valk. the only way i am usefull on red battlefield is for protect wizard with all my CC (when wizard not get one shot by ranger or sorc or Zerk grap or blader/tamer black spirit skill)

the OP troll alot lol

Posted

I guess everyone thinks their class is underpowered now.

Posted

Valkyries need a more "balanced" approach to their attire... where's that poll option? Undoubtedly the most important one?

Posted

Posted

That's awakening only.. every class is op with awakening except for rangers hence why all these nerfs coming.
ez pz
2 right

Posted

And all Korea Pvp video are bullshit  cause Korean bdo are 140% P2W...