• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can someone explain CC?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not trying to make this a QQ post, or get your precious CC nerfed more, but I've never seen so much CC in an MMO.  This is from a Ranger's perspective, so no block or iframes.  So help me understand.

If CC was nerfed, why do I still get locked down for an entire fight in GvG?

*EX: It doesn't matter if I'm at 60% resist or not, there are still times where I'm stunned / knocked down forever, or until dead.  Oh and the never ending slow makes for amazing combat as well.

Does the supposed 'immunity' timer take effect once you get hit or after the CC wears off?

*EX: It takes a ranger for damn ever to get up, so if it applies right when you're hit, the immunity has already worn off, haha.

Does the supposed 'immunity' timer only apply for each type of CC?  Stun / Slow / Knockdown / etc, all seperate

*EX: Usually when I'm knocked down and finally get up, I move slow as molasses, or I'm already stunned and can't move again.

Does each individual character start fresh when they apply CC to you?

EX: Jim Bob pops me with a knockdown, just to get knocked down by Buford Blue, when I get up.

Edited by Mindstate

Posted (edited)

Problem is CC immunity timer starts ticking when spell is casted and it doesn't take into account duration of CC.

So if someone casts CC that lasts 4 sec on you, and immunity timer expires in 4 sec, GG you get to be CC chained.

Some things in this game are just stupidly coded.

EDIT: yes if that person has 6 sec CD on his CC he can not chain it, for if another person has his CC available he can cast it on you, so you are still CC locked until you die. It's how it works.

That's why some classes (like zerkers) can chain different CC spells on you and keep you locked, and immunity timer is worthless due to above flaw in coding logic (CC immunity timer starts ticking as soon as spell is casted, and it expires during same time while CC lasts on you, effectively making it worthless).

Edited by Gothix
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If CC was nerfed, why do I still get locked down for an entire fight in GvG?

CC immunity is a 4/5 second timer that activates when you are hit by a knockdown (where you go back and down), float, stun, knockback (aka a push), freeze, bounce (where you go straight down). The only CCs not affected by the timer is stiffness (aka  rigidity), and grab.

Does the supposed 'immunity' timer take effect once you get hit or after the CC wears off?

When you get hit.

Does the supposed 'immunity' timer only apply for each type of CC?  Stun / Slow / Knockdown / etc, all seperate

As long as the timer has activated, you cannot be cced by the type that started the timer. Other cc are still applied.

Does each individual character start fresh when they apply CC to you?

The timer for the cc of that type can only start after the previous iteration has finished. There are separate timers for each cc. They are independent of who applied the cc.

You have three flavours of cc appliers.

Type 1: You have classes like tamer and giant which can chain the non immunity ccs to lockdown targets at the expense of having to continually attack in melee range. These are the least risky (for example the chance of four grabs vs 1 stun, especially since they can be attempted in coordination with other player's cc), but does the least damage as the skills that keep up the chain are not as damaging. This type is used by tamers and giants especially.

Type 2: Other classes use longer ccs (such as 5 or 6 second knockdowns) to do a long disable and kill during that burst (or leave the areas, as a lot of these really long ccs have some range to them).  This is the most risky (1 chance for a long cc on long cooldown), but usually results in the targets death as you can go all out while the target is cced. Sorcs, rangers, wiz/witches use this a lot.

Type: 3 All classes can just chain a lot of different types of ccs, edging their bets on one of them not being resisted, but this is based in rotations. Medium risk, as resists give opportunities for counterattacks and coordinating with allies is harder than type 1, as well as medium damage. Everyone uses these.

For all of these positioning is the general solution. If you get caught by type 2 you will just usually just die. If you get caught by type 1 then just pot during the time and hope they dont have allies. Type 3 allows for more counterattack

All of these rely on allies helping you out. If you can have an ally peel type 1 is no problem. You can be healed through type 2. And type 3 can be peeled or healed through.

Edited by Kentigem
1 person likes this

Posted

Appreciate it guys!

I'm not sure why anyone is crying about the nerf.  Unless you only focus on 1v1 and you're only trying to use the same CC type.

In GvG, it appears to still be out of control unless you have dedicated peelers.

Posted

CC is POWAA

Posted

People confuse stiffness and stun.  Stiffness a ministun that does not trigger CC immunity.  Berserker stomp falls into that category as does the wizard AoE that hits you with chained ministuns.  So, if you are taking stiffness hits from multiple sources it feels like you are just being permaCCd.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0