• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

150% of BDO players are having fun

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thought I'd throw a few statistics at you all: -

• 4.28 million people are playing this game right now
  • 117% of these players are logging in every day
  • 125% are purchasing items from the cash shop
  • 0.000004% of players are AFK fishing
  • 99% of players are at level 5

These figures seem off to you at all? Well that's because, like quite a few of forum posts, they are not based on fact and I merely sued to back up the poster's point and sway people towards their argument. What are the figures we do know however?

400,000 PRE-ORDERED the game and purchased it in the first month, this number could be higher but that is the bare minimum of players who have bought this game.

120,000 are on-line at peak times whilst 100,000 is the active number of players per day. These numbers may not mach MOBA games or WoW, but compared to games on Steam this would place BDO in third place.

More people are purchasing items from the cash shop and BDO has a higher pay ratio than not only other B2P games but also F2P games which generally have higher cash shop purchases.

Less than 15% of the game's total population actually use then forum. At the time of typing this there were 7,922 people on-line on the forum, this represents 7.9% of the active population but I've also had to factor in people who may be showing as invisible, people not logged in and not on-line right now. What it does show however is that the forum population is not the voice of the majority of this game.

So why make this thread? A lot of the QQ threads use the words "we" or "the majority", or point at the fact that their "friends" or "guild-mates" agree with them. You're not the voice of the majority, you're not going to affect in this game by threatening to leave and you're not a large proportion of the community. By all means QQ, whine all day long; but you do not represent this game. The numbers do and they're against you. Want to QQ? Use facts to back you up otherwise you're just throwing a tantrum. 

Thanks for playing. :) 

48 people like this

Posted

I ate pizza today.  Pepperoni, ham, beef, and sausage.  Was pretty good.

18 people like this

Posted

Excellent strategy trying to out crazy the crazy complainers.

3 people like this

Posted

but if same 20 people constantly post in whine threads and create whine threads, the population must hate the game right? right!?

Posted

I ate pizza today.  Pepperoni, ham, beef, and sausage.  Was pretty good.

Lucky, I just had salad.

Posted

and here i thought i took up a higher percentage ;c

1 person likes this

Posted

Opening day twitch viewers 9000. Atm 500. 

When it will drop to 50 it will die like wildstar.

1 person likes this

Posted

STATISTICS

Your statistics smell like lower colon, but I approve, good sir! :) 

Posted (edited)

Seems accurate since I can't answer the survey after receiving an answer to my ticket because ... the ticket is closed (the irony), so I guess you can add: 100% of people who submitted a ticket aren't unsatisfied by custormer service.

Edited by Suh

Posted

This is my favorite thread. ♥

1 person likes this

Posted

Opening day twitch viewers 9000. Atm 500. 

When it will drop to 50 it will die like wildstar.

opening day twitch viewers = should i buy the game? What is it!?!

Atm twitch viewers = most bought the game and are too busy playing it to watch someone else play it.

When it drop to 50 = those few holding out finally bought it or decided against it for whatever reason. = more people playing.

You're welcome.

4 people like this

Posted

the way you have been parroting these statistics every chance you get for the past month really shows how desperate you are

got anything more recent?

3 people like this

Posted

These figures seem off to you at all? Well that's because, like quite a few of forum posts, they are not based on fact and I merely sued to back up the poster's point and sway people towards their argument. What are the figures we do know however?

400,000 PRE-ORDERED the game and purchased it in the first month, this number could be higher but that is the bare minimum of players who have bought this game.

120,000 are on-line at peak times whilst 100,000 is the active number of players per day. These numbers may not mach MOBA games or WoW, but compared to games on Steam this would place BDO in third place.

More people are purchasing items from the cash shop and BDO has a higher pay ratio than not only other B2P games but also F2P games which generally have higher cash shop purchases.

Less than 15% of the game's total population actually use then forum. At the time of typing this there were 7,922 people on-line on the forum, this represents 7.9% of the active population but I've also had to factor in people who may be showing as invisible, people not logged in and not on-line right now. What it does show however is that the forum population is not the voice of the majority of this game.

So why make this thread? A lot of the QQ threads use the words "we" or "the majority", or point at the fact that their "friends" or "guild-mates" agree with them. You're not the voice of the majority, you're not going to affect in this game by threatening to leave and you're not a large proportion of the community. By all means QQ, whine all day long; but you do not represent this game. The numbers do and they're against you. Want to QQ? Use facts to back you up otherwise you're just throwing a tantrum. 

75% of what you say isn't even 50% as funny as you think 95% of us think it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

image.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

The statistics look good for a non-AAA, non-American made MMO.  Really it does look pretty good for a Korean made MMO.  I myself have spent a lot of money & time in this game and am having a great time.  However it does not give the developers nor publisher the rights to have bad customer service (tickets still take to long to answer), bad communication, nickel & dime us on dyes and character bound items that should be family bound, and not fix issues that need fixed such as server stability, desync, and PvP class balance issues.

If they get their act together, this game could be so much better and keep so many more players playing.

1 person likes this

Posted

the way you have been parroting these statistics every chance you get for the past month really shows how desperate you are

Ah yes, I forgot that it is only desperate people that use statistics to back up their statements. Real people don't use any figures our sources to back up their outrageous claims. 

My time-machine is in the shop sadly, otherwise I'd have gone 1-2 months ahead and found new statistics. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

A lot of people can't use their credit cards and they had to deal with chargebacks lately but they're doing 200% more money.   -Cringe 2016

Edited by Suh

Posted

A lot of people can't use their credit cards and they had to deal with chargebacks lately but they're doing 200% more money.   -Cringe 2016

Every single time I've spent money at the Cash shop (5 times now) my Credit Card company has sent me an email with the transaction and 4 other random ones asking me if the purchases were me or not. The Fraud in the Daum Cash shop must have been rampant. I've never seen anything like that before.

Posted

Ah yes, I forgot that it is only desperate people that use statistics to back up their statements. Real people don't use any figures our sources to back up their outrageous claims. 

My time-machine is in the shop sadly, otherwise I'd have gone 1-2 months ahead and found new statistics. 

Did I make a blanket statement about using statistics to back up an argument? No, I made a statement about how you inject those exact same numbers into every post you can. Seriously, how many times have you posted those statistics in the past month?

I am not trying to imply they are "outdated", just that it is "old news" in the sense that several topics have been made to highlight these statistics already.

To me, every single bit of your OP reeks of desperation. Do you have anything new to say or not?

7 people like this

Posted

quick question, how do you know 4.28m people are playing the game?

Posted

Did I make a blanket statement about using statistics to back up an argument? No, I made a statement about how you inject those exact same numbers into every post you can. Seriously, how many times have you posted those statistics in the past month?

I am not trying to imply they are "outdated", just that it is "old news" in the sense that several topics have been made to highlight these statistics already.

To me, every single bit of your OP reeks of desperation. Do you have anything new to say or not?

i didnt even click his links assuming they were the same ones xD

Posted

3000% of the forums agrees with this thread

Posted

1/8 in a gangbang thinks its not a good idea

Posted

Cheesus, you sound like a stalker. O.o  

Posted (edited)

Cheesus, you sound like a stalker. O.o  

Active role on the forums doesnt necessarily mean stalking :P

Edited by Cakes
sp