• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Field Bosses and Boss Armour

Should field bosses drop boss armours?   605 votes

1. 1. What do you think of field bosses and their boss armour drops?

• Remove Boss Armour from field bosses.
    • Remove field bosses completely.
    • No, I like field bosses. Keep them as they are.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

188 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The leadership of Dishonoured spoke with the leadership of Ember, Leviathan and Sanguine to
discuss the implementation and execution of field bosses thus far as well as their loot tables. We are
all under the agreement that field bosses should not drop boss armours and if possible they should
be removed entirely.
Dishonoured generally does not attend them as they are quite punishing and very unpredictable,
they severely lack tactics and there is little room for out-skilling any field boss at the moment. They
are not fun and certainly not interactive in regards to complex game mechanics. Is having Bheg
randomly target someone and hunt them with his whip which one-shots is really a good boss
implementation?

The primary issue is that they reward ridiculous loot, end game items that people on KR strive to
obtain and upgrade over the course of months whilst on EU; these end-game items are obtained
through mindless and effortless RNG consisting of random death events.

Boss armours should not be so easily obtained through field bosses as people already all have an
equal opportunity to get armours through daily scrolls and those who choose to make the effort to
gain more scrolls may farm them, there is no need to inflate the chances of getting armour.
The bosses ultimately retract people from the intended purpose of the game, which in my eyes is to
grind and spend time on the game to stay ahead with one’s economy and gear. Field bosses
contradict this playstyle as they allow every single player, skilled or not, dedicated or not to gain
end-game items effortlessly. This has numerous affects, it inflates the market, it removes any sense
of achievement and essentially forces players to attend the exceptionally poorly implemented field
bosses. I have personally yet to meet a person who legitimately enjoys field boss content and think
that they add complexity and are interesting in terms of game design and implementation.

We would like to see field bosses removed entirely as they do not add any real gameplay and people
should earn what they have in BDO. I by no means consider field bosses to be legitimate PVE content
as there is no skill involved in defeating them and the loot acquisition is strongly class dependent
rather than class knowledge, effort or class mastery. Grinding should be a primary source of
progress, not field bosses that drop everything the game has to offer. It’s enough having Kzarka
spawn every 32-48 hours and dropping a weapon per kill and several million in items.
We can also appreciate that not everyone has the opportunity to be online and play as much as
others, because of this many people will miss out on the potential drops due to the irregularity of
spawn timers.

Changes I would suggest to field bosses if not removing them:

-    Remove boss armours as a drop from field bosses exclusively.
-    Significantly reduce the spawn timers to once per week within a set time frame (but
      potentially buff their loot).
-     Balance them to reward skilled players rather than punish them via random boss attacks.
-     Reduce the damage of certain abilities to allow players to recover and reengage the fight
      rather than instantly dying, unless they play a class with block.

Edited by Spectre
30 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes. Remove boss gear from field bosses.

Edited by reffor

Posted (edited)

You do know you get boss armor from daily scrolls right? So there's no need to farm field bosses for the armor.

Edited by Pendy

Posted (edited)

This isn't what was advertised with the game release, please fix the game, remove bosses completely.

//Dishonoured

Edited by Hardone
3 people like this

Posted

i 100% agree that boss armor should not drop from field bosses, they should be removed from the loot table at the least

Posted (edited)

You do know you get boss armor from daily scrolls right? So there's no need to farm field bosses for the armor.

Read the text before you comment :S

Edited by reffor

Posted

I'm onboard with this.

BDO is not a raiding game, and field bosses take away from every other aspect of it. Life skills are pointless when you can just show up to every boss, die but get DPS on it and collect your millions. 

6 people like this

Posted

I very much agree.

field bosses area ridiculous and should be removed from the game. Considering right now the majority of the people that get 'big' loot such  as liverto, belts, marks, etc are the people that are already geared and have a high AP/DP. Sure, they bring a huge influx of Liverto's into the game, but surely these can be introduced through other means.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather see a rebalancing of field bosses and world bosses that allow you to use skill to avoid being killed or make ranged as in danger as melee. And don't use iframes as an excuse --  usually the server desyncs increase when people gather at these events.

Posted (edited)

Boss armour should come from daily/weekly scroll bundles (and the yet to be added night vendor) only.

As for getting livertos into the economy you should be able to trade 100 or whatever amount of hunter seals for a liverto box.

Edited by Dankh
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes please remove boss armour from field bosses. I don't want to be forced to go do these bosses to stay competetive, i think most would agree that they aren't fun, and they actually prevent you from doing other stuff such as leveling (due to exp loss when dying to bosses) or just being far away from where they spawn (like on pirate island etc.)

Edited by Crueger
1 person likes this

Posted

These Field bosses demand too much commitment to the spawntimings for normal people. If u want to be the most efficient u can't farm too far away from the boss positions without experiencing negative impact from it while the spawn window is up - please just remove them.

Posted

I agree with everything said in this post!

It's just sad how the bosses work, and whats worse is that people are going around it by waiting until they just leveled up, and then they go with +0 gear without any crystals, so that they dont suffer any exp loss nor crystals being destroyed.

Liverto is the new yuria, everyone has one... And then there are those that have looted over 30 bundles and are doing these field bosses just to make money, which is even more sad.

If nothing gets done, you will see those that force themselves to spam these field bosses by jumping between channels with full boss gear in a week or two, dont you think thats silly?

//Raruman <Ember>

2 people like this

Posted

I'd rather have no world bosses altogether but being the casual version this game is turning out to be at the very least remove the boss armour from world bosses and if you want to implement boss gear to be accessible to everyone without FORCING people to do a horribly designed boss implement the night time merchant, that way everyone can gamble at there leisure and have a chance rather than some performance based loot system that you refuse to even give any criteria on how its measured just like how your patch notes use the word "adjusted" rather than giving specific details because of the backlash you might receive as to what is actually being tweaked or how the game calculates things.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree! Remove the world bosses completely as the game was intended to be like!

Posted

I'm onboard with this.

BDO is not a raiding game, and field bosses take away from every other aspect of it. Life skills are pointless when you can just show up to every boss, die but get DPS on it and collect your millions. 

I think this is a big point.

Posted

Wasnt this exact same poll posted yesterday? 

Posted

Please remove field bosses, they add nothing to the game and are cheap loot pinatas. And while you are at it, remove the 300 energy quest from the battlefield as well. Both are only done because they give insane loot that cannot be skipped if you want to stay competitive, not because they are fun, challenging or engaging.

Posted (edited)

This isn't what was advertised with the game release, please fix the game, remove bosses completely.

I'm onboard with this.

Boss armour should come from daily/weekly scroll bundles (and the yet to be added night vendor) only.

As for getting livertos into the economy you should be able to trade 100 or whatever amount of hunter seals for a liverto box.

Yes please remove boss armour from field bosses. I don't want to be forced to go do these bosses to stay competetive, i think most would agree that they aren't fun, and they actually prevent you from doing other stuff such as leveling (due to exp loss when dying to bosses) or just being far away from where they spawn (like on pirate island etc.)

These Field bosses demand too much commitment to the spawntimings for normal people. If u want to be the most efficient u can't farm too far away from the boss positions without experiencing negative impact from it while the spawn window is up - please just remove them.

I agree with everything said in this post!

It's just sad how the bosses work, and whats worse is that people are going around it by waiting until they just leveled up, and then they go with +0 gear without any crystals, so that they dont suffer any exp loss nor crystals being destroyed.

Liverto is the new yuria, everyone has one... And then there are those that have looted over 30 bundles and are doing these field bosses just to make money, which is even more sad.

If nothing gets done, you will see those that force themselves to spam these field bosses by jumping between channels with full boss gear in a week or two, dont you think thats silly?

//Raruman <Ember>

I'd rather have no world bosses altogether but being the casual version this game is turning out to be at the very least remove the boss armour from world bosses and if you want to implement boss gear to be accessible to everyone without FORCING people to do a horribly designed boss implement the night time merchant, that way everyone can gamble at there leisure and have a chance rather than some performance based loot system that you refuse to even give any criteria on how its measured just like how your patch notes use the word "adjusted" rather than giving specific details because of the backlash you might receive as to what is actually being tweaked or how the game calculates things.

I agree! Remove the world bosses completely as the game was intended to be like!

Lol what is this? creating multiple accounts..

Im no detective but cmon, atleast put some work on it lol 

Edited by Hada

Posted (edited)

Lol what is this?

Im no detective but cmon, atleast put some work on it lol 

Doesn't surprise me, -----ing lemmings. Should of waited a while after their guild leader told them to post/agree

Edited by Huntler

Posted

Please remove field bosses, they add nothing to the game and are cheap loot pinatas. And while you are at it, remove the 300 energy quest from the battlefield as well. Both are only done because they give insane loot that cannot be skipped if you want to stay competitive, not because they are fun, challenging or engaging.

Can I skip grinding to 55 too please. Not really fun, challenging, or engaging to slap around hundreds of thousands of tiny loot pinatas either.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doesn't surprise me, -----ing lemmings. Should of waited a while after their guild leader told them to post/agree

We are a guild and we talked about this througly. Everybody agrees completely and we want this issue to be solved as soon as possible. This doesn't make any difference of our own opinion.

Posted

1-3 post accounts posting 1 minute after another coming out of the woodworks in this thread today.

Posted

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeed.

/Leviathan member

Posted

why not tag the cm in on this? @CM_Jouska