• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Field Bosses and Boss Armour

Should field bosses drop boss armours?   605 votes

1. 1. What do you think of field bosses and their boss armour drops?

• Remove Boss Armour from field bosses.
    • Remove field bosses completely.
    • No, I like field bosses. Keep them as they are.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

188 posts in this topic

Posted

+1 on the post, these bosses are ruining the game in so many ways, removing them seems like the only sensible thing to do at this point. They were not in Korea for a reason and I think we can all see now why.

Did not know Kzarka was not in KR. 

not really, but i guess you cannot be bothered. You seem to lack understanding that clicking the npc requires more effort than zerging a field boss. You can only GAIN while doing field bosses, you can also lose A LOT when clicking the NPC's.

Also you cannot skill spamm script an npc for bis gear.

Love the moving goal posts. Your first argument is that it "takes no effort". Then it shifts to "but they can do it lots of times". Back to "nuh uhhh it takes more effort". I seem to be missing the trick where I drop a liverto/kzarka off every boss. I'm sure I'll be getting a ogre ring from that NPC on every click though. Because I said so.

So you're basically mad that there are people who spend their days and large amounts of play time camping bosses and getting stuff out of it. Are you going to complain about the people that spend 3/4 of the day grinding too?

Posted

Simple re-balance of field bosses would suffice. 

Posted

Field bosses are true cancer to this game.

Keep this game korean and -----ing remove them.

Posted

I know none of the guilds you mentioned and who gives a shit about what they think?

Anyways, the bosses do need to be worked on, but removing them entirely is stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

remove field bosses please...

Posted (edited)

What, why are you guys trying to remove content? if you remove either you will make boss armor so rare that barely anyone will be able to obtain it, furthering the gap between players. get real nerds.

if you don't like the content, don't participate in it.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

rework or remove

Edited by Alanay

Posted

Remove or add a PvP/Karma-free zone around them.

Posted (edited)

this game loves failstacks right? just implement failstacks for each boss, so your lootchance increases each time you do it and didnt get loot. and maybe make the people who do more dmg get more failstacks or something idk, but u gotta change your loot formula.

//addicted :P

So you have to farm them even more ?

They have to be reworked, rebalanced or removed.

Edited by Satyrias

Posted (edited)

They can't possibly remove Feild bosses, because then u will start whining about the people who allready got loot from them to be removed and then what ? ... they will have to put server data from the begining ? don't think so

And yes they need some balance and rework

Edited by d00mR

Posted

These bosses are worse then ArcheAge bosses u never know when they spawn so u ruin ur sleep for a Kzarka, or whatever BEST IN SLOT armor u need.

Posted

What, why are you guys trying to remove content? if you remove either you will make boss armor so rare that barely anyone will be able to obtain it, furthering the gap between players. get real nerds.

if you don't like the content, don't participate in it.

I honestly agree, all of this sudden whining for their removal smells like a falseflag. Like the top guilds got all of theirs already and now want it to be harder to obtain.

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree with the topic, don't remove the field bosses.

Maybe you can rework them but for sure don't remove them. i guess top guilds are worried that everyone will catch up before guild wars but rest assured, its not free loot, its still rng, i've done around 10-20 bosses since patch and didn't get a single liverto nor boss armor so please, stop crying about this..seriously.

Posted

I disagree with the topic, don't remove the field bosses.

Maybe you can rework them but for sure don't remove them. i guess top guilds are worried that everyone will catch up before guild wars but rest assured, its not free loot, its still rng, i've done around 10-20 bosses since patch and didn't get a single liverto nor boss armor so please, stop crying about this..seriously.

The problem is that its only partly RNG.
There are 2 loot tables, a high dmg one, and a normal one.
The more damage you make to the field boss the better the loot is.
This mechanic is gamebreaking.

Posted

people who don't realize field bosses don't exist in korea because they are imbalanced and ruin every other aspect of silver making and progression are honestly incredibly stupid. 

go back to -----ing ff14/wow if you want to raid daily. 

lol that is exactly what field bosses do. it gives you everything you could possibly need without having to put in any actual effort. 

Don't talk about Korea if you have no idea why it was removed there. They have a NPC from which you can get boss armor not to mention P2W they have with enchanting which was one of the reasons they removed it so people cannot get it with money easily :) comprende ?

Posted

Field bosses in this game r the biggest joke ever, desync animation + random agro + 1 shot auto attack.  Kzarka is a walk in the park and it`s fun to do compared to the other ones.

You need to make a ranged alt , take it to 50-53 and put a +15 weapon +15 offhand just to have a chance at getting a shitty ingot+blackstones.

For the idiots lacking the necessary brain cells to realize this is going nowhere and are against it, we should make their time on the bosses worth it. 

Guild events hosted by the mentioned guilds and other guilds that were not included but agree with it : 

PK free on Field Bosses. Wipe em out (hopefully the bosses will reset to full hp although not sure). It`s a shame negative karma builds up so quickly though :(

Heck I would even consider joining a guild if we were going to have fun like this.

Posted

The problem is that its only partly RNG.There are 2 loot tables, a high dmg one, and a normal one.
The more damage you make to the field boss the better the loot is.
This mechanic is gamebreaking.

Thats speculated, no one ever confirmed how looting on bosses works as far as i know, if i'm not correct please tell me or show me some daum / PA response as i'm not really aware of any and even if it works like you described, you either need to do more dmg and play safer or have more luck thats all that is needed.. its RNG mate. I wouldn't call the mechanic gamebreaking, better players or more contributing players will get better loot, thats a very good system. People don't get carried and such which is good :)

Also, i wouldn't really listen to anything coming from most of the top EU guilds as a lot of their members were proven hackers and some even banned. Especially addicted guys..

Most likely their goal of this is that they are already ridiculously geared and don't want the rest of the world to catch up before node / guild wars .. they don't want to have this game pvp skill based where everyone has similar gear but they prefer to have gear upperhand so they can win only thanks to gear as tons of their players have no idea how to properly play their classes at higher lvl.. :(

Also arguments like Korea doesn't have this, yes they don't. They rather have a NPC which can get it for you :D amazing. Not to mention p2w shop with enchanting improvements for real money etc..

All those bosses maybe need is a bit of rework thats all, for sure they shouldn't be removed. I actually even enjoy the fights as i have to push myself and focus really a lot to not die so much and with Musa its not that easy ..but i like challenges and hard games/fights where most of EU players want to get stuff for free :(

Posted

Please remove field bosses completely. If you don't atleast remove the boss armour from them. It's just -----ed up to let field bosses drop boss armour.

Posted

Did not know Kzarka was not in KR. 

Love the moving goal posts. Your first argument is that it "takes no effort". Then it shifts to "but they can do it lots of times". Back to "nuh uhhh it takes more effort". I seem to be missing the trick where I drop a liverto/kzarka off every boss. I'm sure I'll be getting a ogre ring from that NPC on every click though. Because I said so.

So you're basically mad that there are people who spend their days and large amounts of play time camping bosses and getting stuff out of it. Are you going to complain about the people that spend 3/4 of the day grinding too?

Because something takes time, doesn't mean it takes a lot of effort.

You miss the point again. You compared field bosses to the night vendor/gamble mechanic in korea, saying that field bosses are fine and require more effort than clicking the NPC. This is silly as night vendor/gambling are primary a silver dumb mechanic, while field bosses only GENERATE wealth. You have tons of ppl in KR that invest millions into energy potions and don't get a single boss armor from vendor, the same for gambling. ITS GAMBLING.

The amount of time and effort it takes to farm the silver is a lot higher than to zerg down some field "boss" and switch the channel after.  I grind 3/4 of the day myself. Grinding doesn't drop BIS gear however. If you don't get 2-3 livertos while doing field bosses you are either terrible geared or a terrible player.

Posted

Please remove field bosses completely. If you don't atleast remove the boss armour from them. It's just -----ed up to let field bosses drop boss armour.

Not sure if the last part is sarcasm or not, but it would be quite strange if the boss that has the armor cannot drop it :D i mean its their armor, why shouldn't they be able to drop it :D

Posted (edited)

Thats speculated, no one ever confirmed how looting on bosses works as far as i know, if i'm not correct please tell me or show me some daum / PA response as i'm not really aware of any and even if it works like you described, you either need to do more dmg and play safer or have more luck thats all that is needed.. its RNG mate. I wouldn't call the mechanic gamebreaking, better players or more contributing players will get better loot, thats a very good system. People don't get carried and such which is good :)

Also, i wouldn't really listen to anything coming from most of the top EU guilds as a lot of their members were proven hackers and some even banned. Especially addicted guys..

Most likely their goal of this is that they are already ridiculously geared and don't want the rest of the world to catch up before node / guild wars .. they don't want to have this game pvp skill based where everyone has similar gear but they prefer to have gear upperhand so they can win only thanks to gear as tons of their players have no idea how to properly play their classes at higher lvl.. :(

Also arguments like Korea doesn't have this, yes they don't. They rather have a NPC which can get it for you :D amazing. Not to mention p2w shop with enchanting improvements for real money etc..

All those bosses maybe need is a bit of rework thats all, for sure they shouldn't be removed. I actually even enjoy the fights as i have to push myself and focus really a lot to not die so much and with Musa its not that easy ..but i like challenges and hard games/fights where most of EU players want to get stuff for free :(

Everyone should get the same RNG. whats the point in making rich people even richer?

http://black-desert.com/news/qa-with-daum-games/

Question 20:

Do you know how world boss loot works, what determines if you get loot or not is it purely damage based or are there other things?

Answer:

(Jouska) I’m not going to give the exact specifications how it works but I can shed some light on it.
Damage does play a role in it and it has to do with actually hitting the boss and then based on the amount of activity the damage dealt all of that is factored in and it also takes into account if you die if you exceed a certain distance from the boss and if the boss resets each of these take a factor into it and by no means should you consider the field boss feature complete as you might notice with the last patch we just added the Dastard Bheg, that’s one more new Field Boss, we are paying attention to it and we are seeing how many people are attending.
There was a recent world boss kill that had easily 300 people at one field boss and that’s a pretty high player count for a single one, a lot of players are attending these and now that we have seen that in action and seeing how it works with our player base with our demographic and reviewing it seeing if something can be done if something needs to be done and make any improvements that we can find.

Edited by Satyrias

Posted

Well now that things went on to long i am not for removing bosses nor armor from them because basically many players are already geared in boss armor while others are not and if you remove field bosses or armor drops again we that didn't obtain it already have ZERO chance in getting it anytime soon.

Unless an RNG box containing boss armor is added to cash shop which i REALLY hope will never happen >.<

Posted

I whole heartedly agree with this, rework the loot tables, or remove the bosses, either way i'm happy. That way people who actually put a real effort in this game can stay ahead of the curve. (And by curve i mean the loot goblins who logs in, kill a boss, and logs back out.) Personally i'd like know that if i put alot of effort into something, i get rewarded bigger than people who doesn't. Thats just my take on it, hopefully it'll happen.

#spreadtheword

Posted

http://black-desert.com/news/qa-with-daum-games/

Question 20:

Do you know how world boss loot works, what determines if you get loot or not is it purely damage based or are there other things?

Answer:

(Jouska) I’m not going to give the exact specifications how it works but I can shed some light on it.
Damage does play a role in it and it has to do with actually hitting the boss and then based on the amount of activity the damage dealt all of that is factored in and it also takes into account if you die if you exceed a certain distance from the boss and if the boss resets each of these take a factor into it and by no means should you consider the field boss feature complete as you might notice with the last patch we just added the Dastard Bheg, that’s one more new Field Boss, we are paying attention to it and we are seeing how many people are attending.
There was a recent world boss kill that had easily 300 people at one field boss and that’s a pretty high player count for a single one, a lot of players are attending these and now that we have seen that in action and seeing how it works with our player base with our demographic and reviewing it seeing if something can be done if something needs to be done and make any improvements that we can find.

He didn't said there are different loot tables, he said dmg is taken into account as well as amount of deaths also the amount of hits done to the boss.. based on what he wrote even if you are only hitting the boss you increase chance for better loot, if you have higher dmg you increase chances, if you don't die or die a lot ( didn't specify ) you get increased chance and still he said he will not give exact specifications so its still unclear.. :(

I whole heartedly agree with this, rework the loot tables, or remove the bosses, either way i'm happy. That way people who actually put a real effort in this game can stay ahead of the curve. (And by curve i mean the loot goblins who logs in, kill a boss, and logs back out.) Personally i'd like know that if i put alot of effort into something, i get rewarded bigger than people who doesn't. Thats just my take on it, hopefully it'll happen.

#spreadtheword

I guess you are talking about hackers in top guilds providing loot for their members ? :) thats the higher effort ? :D if someone goes to a field boss he showed up effort as well, he watched out for respawn timers, got up in the middle of night to commit to a boss killing, he logged in and went to the location..not to mention attacking dying etc. etc. .. what kind of effort are you talking here about ? endless grinding of mobs for silver or what are they doing ? Because from what i know if they would remove the bosses ( top guilds already are geared as hell so main reason for removal is for rest of ppl not to catch up :P ) it would leave players with only scroll bosses as a chance for boss armor which isn't really the best.

When you are talking about staying ahead of the curve, you realise that most of players are sitting at ridiculous amounts of silver and can buy whatever from AH ? Best gear can be bought from AH so your logic doesn't really apply. what does is rng in enchanting etc. which is again based on money which people have tons off thanks to life skills and grinding :D

So please clarify what kind of effort are you putting in that should place you ahead .. :) because everyone is grinding, everyone is doing bosses or better to say people that want to stay competitive, if you don't want to don't do it thats all ..its not for everyone to have everything..if so work for it :P

Posted

the mainpart i take of this interview post is: stuff is subject to change xD