• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looting ruins game experience

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I just started playing this week and I'm finding the game almost fun.

If I don't loot anything it's great fun. If I have to loot every one single enemy I fight the game just isn't fun.

I'm finding it just takes all the joy out of slaying enemies and becomes such a chore when the combat is so good.

Yeah sure I can spend $50 USD on pets to loot for me but I already just spent $40 AUD just to play the game now I am expected to spend another $65 AUD just to enjoy it.

What a joke. after forking out all that money to hit a pay wall. It's such a shame because I was sooooo looking forward to playing this game :(

I think I'd rather pay 2 win than this kind of annoyance.

Edited by RiChiE
5 people like this

Posted

Hodor

5 people like this

Posted

Hodor

Agreed.

Posted (edited)

So I just started playing this week and I'm finding the game almost fun.

If I don't loot anything it's great fun. If I have to loot every one single enemy I fight the game just isn't fun.

I'm finding it just takes all the joy out of slaying enemies and becomes such a chore when the combat is so good.

Yeah sure I can spend $50 on pets to loot for me but I already just spent $40 AUD just to play the game now I am expected to spend another $65 just to enjoy it.

What a joke. after forking out all that money to hit a pay wall immediately all my hopes and dreams of enjoying this game have gone out the window and I most likely won't be playing this game.

I think I'd rather pay 2 win than this kind of annoyance.

Should have started playing a few weeks ago and you could have gotten a free pet but aside from that name a freaking MMO like this where you don't have to physically loot things ? 

PS you would really really hate Diablo games :P 

Edited by DevilsFlame2
2 people like this

Posted

I only have 2 pets and it's plenty for me

and that surely doesn't cost $50

2 people like this

Posted

Should have started playing a few weeks ago and you could have gotten a free pet but aside from that name a freaking MMO like this where you don't have to physically loot things ? 

Wildstar

Posted

Wildstar

I don't even consider that a MMO lol 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Diablo loot was great. Because you didn't need to loot everything and you could see loot and it took literally 1 second to pick loot up not two clicks.

If it looted everything near you and had auto loot options so it was not two clicks it would be much better. Right now if you kill a group you have to press the R key about 8 times just to loot one small pack of 4 enemies.

I only have 2 pets and it's plenty for me

and that surely doesn't cost $50

Really? I got told you can get up to 5 active and thats about what you need to have everything auto looted.

Other MMOs I have no problem with loot because you don't fight big packs and they actually have auto loot options and loot in whole areas around you.

It's not F2P if you have to have pets or endure an unenjoyable game experience.

Edited by RiChiE

Posted

Diablo loot was great. Because you didn't need to loot everything and you could see loot and it took literally 1 second to pick loot up not two clicks.

If it looted everything near you and had auto loot options so it was not two clicks it would be much better. Right now if you kill a group you have to press the R key about 8 times just to loot one small pack of 4 enemies.

Really? I got told you can get up to 5 active and thats about what you need to have everything auto looted.

You can only have 3 active at this time and my pets loot almost as fast as I can kill sometimes I kill faster then they can loot but not often however they are also all T4 pets 

Posted

Buy one pet and it's done. If you can't I'm sorry. :(

Posted (edited)

Still even 2 pets. I have to fork out $20USD and then have to level them and all this just to enjoy a game I just paid for.

This isn't even going into the inventory fact either. That's so tiny no one could be expected to use that amount of space and that costs stupid money to upgrade as well. This game just feels like one fat paywall so far.

Edited by RiChiE

Posted

Still even 2 pets. I have to fork out $20USD and then have to level them and all this just to enjoy a game I just paid for.

Guess you should've done your homework before making a purchase, QQing on the forums won't do you any good though.

6 people like this

Posted

You aren't wrong that looting is a pain in this game. In some areas with a fast enough respawn you sometimes don't even have time to loot.

However, you don't need to spend 50USD on pets.

You can only have 3 pets out right now, and if you buy one of each type (cat, dog, hawk) than you'll be spending $30USD on pearls.

Posted

20.00 is not very much money at all and worth the price being if you didn't have a pet option you would be spending 100.00 a month replacing your keyboard when the R key takes a crap lol  you pick 

Posted

I always tell people, base game is 60$. 30$ for the game and 30$ for 3 pets, plain and simple.

2 people like this

Posted

I always tell people, base game is 60$. 30$ for the game and 30$ for 3 pets, plain and simple.

Ya same price as a Xbox one game that will give you only 2 to 3 weeks of enjoyment where this game will give you years of enjoyment :) 

Posted

pets are in no way required - if looting is bothering you this much then there are many other games that loot for you.

Posted

The game indeed costs whatever you payed for it + 2-3 pets.

Posted (edited)

The game indeed costs whatever you payed for it + 2-3 pets.

Yeah I guess that is really it. Though I'd rather pay $60 for a full game and pay $30 a month if I don't have to bother with tiny inventory, looting and locked looks.

pets are in no way required - if looting is bothering you this much then there are many other games that loot for you.

Yeah great answer man play another game. I'm just stating what would be a big put off for a lot of people if they care at all about their players. Games that really force players into purchase are not are not free to play at all and this game is buy to play on top of that. Might as well just make a subscription game it would be cheaper and a better game experience.

Well there is $67AUD gone, more than I would pay for a bran new title. Still stuck with a tiny inventory though. Seems like loyalty would take a really long time to expand the inventory?

Edited by RiChiE

Posted

Yeah great answer man play another game. I'm just stating what would be a big put off for a lot of people if they care at all about their players.

I am just saying that i have not had any problem manually looting. And even after i got a free pet, i still manually loot more than half the stuff anyway because of the looting cd. 

The looting in this happens extremely fast also, quickly spamming a button over all the shining bodies is far less annoying than loot systems in previous games i have played.

Posted

name a freaking MMO like this where you don't have to physically loot things ?

Final Fantasy XIV the loot is automatically placed in your inventory bar some chests found in dungeons or when rolling after raid bosses. Then this isn't that game and this game requires you to get loot so... adapt or stop i guess would be the advice on offer.

Posted

this
aX9xZN9_700b.jpg

Posted (edited)

If just starting and looting mobs is already a chore to you....wait till you try crafting/gathering/doing dailies , getting nodes, workers (provide if you even have the patience to do any quest when you are that lazy) making boat and shit....nothing personal but 1week into the game you don't like it might as well uninstall the game now since you did not even touch 2% of you so call annoying stuff in game yet 

maybe games like COD or any fighting game that you can brainless shot/fight/kill anyone without and extra "clicking" require suit your 2016 stereotype gamer more

Final Fantasy XIV the loot is automatically placed in your inventory bar some chests found in dungeons or when rolling after raid bosses. Then this isn't that game and this game requires you to get loot so... adapt or stop i guess would be the advice on offer.

and this game requires a monthly subscription which will against his $ wise  but then he will probably complain about the game too hard to make gils and too time consuming (too lazy to play) end up buy gold from gold farmers site

Edited by Pinchy

Posted

There was just an event, which gave a free hawk-pet as reward. If you missed it, I am sure, there will be another event, where youll be able to get a free pet.

Not necessary to quit this awsome game, if youre enjoying the rest..

Posted (edited)

Yeah I guess that is really it. Though I'd rather pay $60 for a full game and pay $30 a month if I don't have to bother with tiny inventory, looting and locked looks.

well play other game then you complain about not even want to move your finger a few more time  and blame it directly on cashshop (which by no means require and you have a 100% right to not use it) is ...well asking to get burn? 

Remeber: the money is in your hands ,not theirs and if you chose to spend them...is your own will not that they force it on you

Edited by Pinchy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0