• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looting ruins game experience

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since there are assertions that pets don't matter that much, I'll chime in.

As someone who has pets, yes, they are actually essential items.

Before you have pets, you are playing the trial version of the game when it comes to grinding / mob fighting in general.

Pet looting is safer (because you're not forced to combat loot at times or see the loot disappear, which it does quite quickly), it makes you able to grind much faster while still getting loot (so you can have high xp/min and still get loot), which is immensely important in an endless grind game where silver and xp = power enough to wipe the floor with 10 other people who are a couple of levels below you and are some enhancement levels below you on gear and jewelry.

You are massively disadvantaged without pets in black desert.

At level 1, the pets don't do much, they loot every 10 seconds, which is 1 looting per ~~3.4 seconds for 3 pets. It's when you get them close to level 10 that you really start to feel the difference, as at level 10 they loot once per 4 seconds per pet (4.5 for dogs), which is ~1.3 lootings per seconds, which enables you to just rush through things and still get a decent loot rate even if not everything is picked up.

If I picked up all my own loot, my grinding speed would be effectively halved at minimum. Not having pets is that severe a handicap. You either have to choose: Loot or a decent XP rate, or buy pets and get both.

If anyone I knew wondered if they should get into this game, my advice to them would be that they should not see it as a B2P game for the price that is stated on the website, with a cash shop that doesn't matter much beyond cosmetics, because that wouldn't be true. They should see that price as the price for playing a rather vast but inconvinient trial version of the game, and then if they are going to keep on playing if they enjoy the basic mechanics and feel of the game, they should expect to drop enough money to buy at least a 10k Daum cash (11500 pearls) package and from that, be able to be secure in that they are almost playing the game from an equal ground to the spending whales.

Edited by Clearing
2 people like this

Posted

we payed 30 for ftp features.

we get kicked in the balls and these white Knights are like please kick us again.

when you bring valid arguments the first reaction is 'go play another game'.

i played many mmorpg's and this is the first one that annoys players wit loot pickup to use the cash shop.

And yes i will go play another game.

1 person likes this

Posted

So I just started playing this week and I'm finding the game almost fun.

If I don't loot anything it's great fun. If I have to loot every one single enemy I fight the game just isn't fun.

I'm finding it just takes all the joy out of slaying enemies and becomes such a chore when the combat is so good.

Yeah sure I can spend $50 USD on pets to loot for me but I already just spent $40 AUD just to play the game now I am expected to spend another $65 AUD just to enjoy it.

What a joke. after forking out all that money to hit a pay wall. It's such a shame because I was sooooo looking forward to playing this game :(

I think I'd rather pay 2 win than this kind of annoyance.

gw2 was worse than this game, you couldn't even see what needed to be looted so you ran around corpses spamming "F", till they added AOE lot and auto pick up. But hey, here we have pets....and you get a free one after 5000 hours xD

Posted

67a6cc6b755a664864b38aca44a8aeb6.jpg

Posted

Looting is a chore, I can agree with you on that, especially with the 200ms+ ping Australian internet gives. The package I purchased came with a pet, but even one wasn't looting fast enough so I purchased two more. As someone who barely spends time grinding, they're well worth the money spent for the times that I do go grinding. Between the time it takes to loot and the respawn rate on mobs, there isn't much leeway between grabbing drops and killing the next lot of freshly spawned mobs. 

Three pets should only set you back around $40AUD-$45AUD depending on the conversion rate. If you're not willing to spend that much in one go, a single pet (around $14AUD for a dog/cat) takes some of the annoyance out of looting.

As for inventory space, I haven't bought any on any of my characters. Quests will give you some free slots and training strength will increase your carry weight, as does levelling combat level.  You can also take a wagon with you to grind spots (leave it parked on the road away from mobs), to save tripping back and forth to the nearest storage.

Posted

If you played the game you would have gotten a free pet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

If I don't loot anything it's great fun. If I have to loot every one single enemy I fight the game just isn't fun.

I'm finding it just takes all the joy out of slaying enemies and becomes such a chore when the combat is so good.

Yeah sure I can spend $50 USD on pets to loot for me but I already just spent $40 AUD just to play the game now I am expected to spend another $65 AUD just to enjoy it.

What a joke. after forking out all that money to hit a pay wall. It's such a shame because I was sooooo looking forward to playing this game :(

i agree with you 110%. for what it is worth, here is what i have done and i find i enjoy the game a lot more because of it. i bought 3 birds (30 bucks). i got birds because they seem to move around easier and not get stuck on geo at times. cats in my opinion are useless because they will basically walk up as you are mining and hilight the rock. hilighting it after the fact is not so useful. dogs i figure will be useless because when i pass 45 i will get jumped anyways. 

then what i do, in the settings, i can hide the pets of other people, and i can hide my own pets. i found having 3 birds flying around my head to be really nonsense. and they still loot. so now i have 3 invisible elves that loot as i go along. without upgrading, the tier 1 birds at max level 10 loot every 4.5 sec, which for me seems ok.

i agree with you it sucks, but just an idea if you are willing to toss out 30 bucks.

Edited by vincenzo

Posted

iTS EASY  u dont wanna loot or its a pain >.> just always be in a group let other suckers loot for u!

Posted (edited)

iTS EASY  u dont wanna loot or its a pain >.> just always be in a group let other suckers loot for u!

lol, thats one way to deal with it.

I ended up spending $20 on 2 cats (now finding out cats are not that great, woops).

I think their should be a big sign on purchase and bonus pet "Warning if you don't buy pets the game combat sucks, buy our 50USD version and get 3 pets included!"

If anyone I knew wondered if they should get into this game, my advice to them would be that they should not see it as a B2P game for the price that is stated on the website, with a cash shop that doesn't matter much beyond cosmetics, because that wouldn't be true. They should see that price as the price for playing a rather vast but inconvinient trial version of the game, and then if they are going to keep on playing if they enjoy the basic mechanics and feel of the game, they should expect to drop enough money to buy at least a 10k Daum cash (11500 pearls) package and from that, be able to be secure in that they are almost playing the game from an equal ground to the spending whales.

Yeah that's right man. It would be less of a shock. It's just really frustrating to open your wallet, download the game and your literally hit with a paywall 2 minutes into the game. Sure I could play without the pets but that's hardly a fun experience compared to auto looting pets.

By the way you wouldn't know how long it takes to level pets to 4-5seconds would you?

Edited by RiChiE

Posted

This guy is either trolling, doesn't play the game at all, or extremely stupid.

Posted (edited)

I ended up spending $20 on 2 cats (now finding out cats are not that great, woops).

I think their should be a big sign on purchase and bonus pet "Warning if you don't buy pets the game combat sucks, buy our 50USD version and get 3 pets included!"

Yeah that's right man. It would be less of a shock. It's just really frustrating to open your wallet, download the game and your literally hit with a paywall 2 minutes into the game. Sure I could play without the pets but that's hardly a fun experience compared to auto looting pets.

By the way you wouldn't know how long it takes to level pets to 4-5seconds would you?

I haven't kept track, but I've grinded perhaps some 60 hours total since getting my pets and they are lvl 8, 8 & 9. Loot speed increases along the way towards 10 though.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

Then pay for pets to loot for you = win. Problem solved /thread.

Posted

heya Richie,

for levelling pets, they only level up when you feed them. so one way i have found that sort of makes it fast to level them is to leave them out while you auto path for several nights, i would think 3 or 4 nights at the most for tier 1 will get them to level 10. feed them right before you put yourself on autopath. also, you can put the feed on a button so you do not have to keep opening the inventory

Posted

side note you have to feed your pet for them level up which lead to 60-80 of clicks to feed them every few hours wit hcheap feed (now gonna start a complain about clicking to feed pet) 

Posted (edited)

If you can afford to have a PC that runs the game and spend hundreds of hours on a game, then you can probably afford to buy 2 pets for 31AUD. If not, you shouldn't spend so much time on a game.

Also, pets are probably the best value for money items on the cash shop.

Edited by Solrik
1 person likes this

Posted

50$ on pets?  With 1 lvl 10 pet you will just loot sometimes. 1 pet is enough if you don't want to spend money.

That's 9€

Posted

I have some disposable income and have spent over $1000AUD and I will spend more as this game continues to provide me entertainment. Some people drink for entertainment... I tried that but it was not fun. I am here for a good time not a long time so I can justify throwing money at things that make me happy.

What makes you happy?

1 person likes this

Posted

I have some disposable income and have spent over $1000AUD and I will spend more as this game continues to provide me entertainment. Some people drink for entertainment... I tried that but it was not fun. I am here for a good time not a long time so I can justify throwing money at things that make me happy.

What makes you happy?

Not having to loot :P

Then pay for pets to loot for you = win. Problem solved /thread.

Ya that's called pay to win :P

Well when they level I guess it's problem solved but still it's a pretty poor design choice. I mean if guild wars 2 can survive with it's perfect business model why can't other games, oh yeah I forgot greed.

Posted (edited)

that's call pay to progress /convenience ...pay to win is when pay players will have advantage that free player cannot hope of attained  which pick up loot can be done with or without pet.

Unless cash shop offer functions that free player cannot have at all is never a pay to win

Edited by Pinchy

Posted

Well when they level I guess it's problem solved but still it's a pretty poor design choice. I mean if guild wars 2 can survive with it's perfect business model why can't other games, oh yeah I forgot greed.

Both Guild Wars 1 & 2 use a different kind of server architecture from your typical MMO. It allows them to operate with lower server costs, and also lets them avoid the downtimes and server-wide crashes you see in typical MMO's. It compartmentalizes the game though, which goes against the world design BDO opted for.

Posted

Ya that's called pay to win :P

Na, I would call it Pay for Convenience. Because I have more fun killing and not having to worry about looting. You could argue that the win feature comes into play when people can loot then move onto killing mobs again faster. But this is still only going to get you to your goal faster. It won't make you OP and unkillable or give you godly items like real p2w feature games.

Posted

Na, I would call it Pay for Convenience. Because I have more fun killing and not having to worry about looting. You could argue that the win feature comes into play when people can loot then move onto killing mobs again faster. But this is still only going to get you to your goal faster. It won't make you OP and unkillable or give you godly items like real p2w feature games.

I guess that's true but I would still consider it bordering into pay to win if you can grind mobs twice as fast.

Oh well I just hope this game is worth it in the end and that I'm not quickly forced into forking out more cash for inventory space.

If a game is the best thing I have ever played I'll hand over my left testicle if need be but when it's only average or even 7/10 I don't really want to be paying $50 a week to play it.

Posted (edited)

What if your goal is to have your character almost on par with those who spend 8-12 hours a day playing the game at max efficiency (which includes 10% xp costume, xp buff from pet, looting from pets and other things like extra passive energy gain via unlocking alt slots to dump into nodes, weight limit increase having you have to interrupt grinding less often, inventory slots quadroupeling how many 20k+ fish you can bring back in a single fishing haul)?

This is a competitive game, not world of warcraft. It doesn't matter that you reach +15 ultimate grunil. What matters is when you reach it relatively to other players, so long as there is something better that those other players can get in the meantime.

This type of game isn't called a Grinder for nothing. Gear and levels > skill means that grinding faster makes you more able to win.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

They should remove pet leveling and give a few 7 day trial pets at least to new players, this would be a much smarted idea I think. If they must keep pet looting.

Posted

just start playing the game > complain about clicking when 90%+ of the game require clicking > blame the game "force" him pay when the one who decide to pay is himself 

Conclusion: a game where he does not even need to move a hair and have everything hand to him "Free" will be ideal (probably better include the auto feeding user system also)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0