• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is PKing

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No the main issue is people under the impression they "own" a spot. This line of thinking is exactly why we have the karma and flagging systems that we do in the first place, and clearly demonstrates why they're needed.

You don't own mobs, or areas, and someone questing or grinding in the same vicinity as you isn't stealing your shit. Either get better at out DPSing mobs or move on. If you flag and throw a tantrum then you deserve negative karma - simple :)

What's funny is the fact the game supports killing a player and not getting negative karma off that first kill and just being to grind all that karma off after grinding in your new grinding spot :) 

If I want a spot and CAN kill you for it I will. cut all the "outdps" crap I rather outdps your hp rather than the mobs :^) and bottom line is the game supports this, we just want to be able to do more of it.

Edited by Dank

Posted

Punishing PK's? LOL for what, playing the game as it is meant to be played.

The game is "supposed" to be played with the karma system in place as consequence for PKing, that is the design of the game itself, thus is how the game is "supposed" to be played.

For all your talk about PvE players whining to change the game from how it's "supposed" to be, I see an equal amount of PK players whining about the karma system and wanting it nerfed/removed. is that not changing how the game is "supposed" to be played?

Or, to apply the logic of some around here. "if you don't like the karma system, find a different game to play"

Posted

Anyone can come up with 50 horror stories about ganking. But  lets jsut be realistic. Those stories always come from games where it is accepted AND designed for it.

EVE Online, last of the true MMO's where the onus is on YOU THE PLAYER to look out for yourself. There is no "ganking and griefing" in EVE it is all part of the game and people are expected to either deal with it an learn to play within that system, or play something els.

Mortal Online, again  a little bit of a joke of a game. VERY tiny player base of little to no concern to anyone in MMO industry.

World pvp is about you the player being responsible for yourself. Not held by hand. World pvp is a bout you out an about an you see someone mining, grinding whatever.... You can then deside do I attack him an risk pissing him off so he will come after me, or do I try to make friends an have someone new to watch my back... or is he a member of a hated guild... DO I call in my guild mates (you DO have a guild right???).... point is, its down to you not the devs.

post above me about "owning" a spot. OK so he owns that spot, big deal???. Why cant you take it off him?.

You new going in that a pvp system means you need to fight and defend yourself right ??.

One of the things that bugs me is pve players see a game they like, then find out its world pvp... They make a beline for forums to wind up all the other pvers with stories that jsut dont matter to anyone about getting killed, an suddenly we have a full blown crusade to change the game to their standards.

Ask a PK how many times they get killed in world pvp and if it has ruined their lives, or made them emotionally scard(always love that one)... No they go back an kill him till he leaves. or if they cant do it, they ask others to come help them chase off the  enemy.. SO you see what just happened??.. world pvp happened.. no grand stories of harassment bullying an destroying your game time.. No, pvp as it is meant to be.

Punishing PK's? LOL for what, playing the game as it is meant to be played.

Honestly pve players need to get out of this frame of mine that they are some sort chosen ones an being professional victims only hurts the overall game. Grow a spine an deal with it like an adult. You were not griefed, nor ganked you were killed in a PVP GAME

My last word Can someone please tell me how Anti's got so weak willed in last 10 years.. It is really sad for the gaming industry of MMO's. Old school Antis would laugh at this rubbish. They were every bit as brutal an vengeful as us PK's. But now its all just complain complain complain till devs change a game designed for world pvp, so the little darlings feel safe....

---------------------------------------------------------

paste of a true PK,

So are you telling me you'd enjoy your guild being warred on everytime one of your members pissed off someone else? 

As I've said the game heavily revolves around politics, should you be killed without warning then do something about it. I'll have you know that if you're in a grind spot I want or come into a spot I'm grinding in I will kill you, and no at that point you're not just "minding your business" and I'm being honest, I should have to suffer consequences/penalties, if after killing you, your guild (or you) wants to kill me back and make my life hell over my actions go for it thats the fun in all this.

I am gonna be totally honest here, I dont think any pve player here even knows what a PK is. all they can see is someone killed them, it isn't fair they want to change the game to their way ... Period.

I agree except I wouldn't blame it on pvers I would just say that this a group of people who haven't played the game and don't want any owPVP. Most think that they are so important that all the PK are following them around waiting for the perfect chance to strike when no one gives a -----. They also will ignore facts, and instead choose to argue by attacking someone's character and labeling then as a PKer. Which is why people have been calling them SJW's

2 people like this

Posted

Karma system si just fine. I have no issues with it at all. What you lot are trying to do is change the game so anyone that kills you  has a horrible game experience. its  like a merry go round with you guys (not you personally) see a pvp game an go all out to make it so unpleasant for pvpers so you guys an grind in peace. in over 15 years I have not one single time ever met a pver who can accept playing in a pvp game without changing it to the way they want :(.. That is sad in anyone's book.

PKs love to pve an pvp at same time. Even we have downtime where we dont want to be killed, but you know what... It comes with the game, get past it, an learn to deal with it.

Posted

The game is "supposed" to be played with the karma system in place as consequence for PKing, that is the design of the game itself, thus is how the game is "supposed" to be played.

For all your talk about PvE players whining to change the game from how it's "supposed" to be, I see an equal amount of PK players whining about the karma system and wanting it nerfed/removed. is that not changing how the game is "supposed" to be played?

Or, to apply the logic of some around here. "if you don't like the karma system, find a different game to play"

I personally have no issue with people complaining and whining to get what they want. The difference is the ones who want the karma system gone/changed, are sticking to facts and using examples of other games and the other servers. While the people who like the current system or want it even harsher are not providing any realistic solutions or reasons why. 

Posted (edited)

I agree except I wouldn't blame it on pvers I would just say that this a group of people who haven't played the game and don't want any owPVP. Most think that they are so important that all the PK are following them around waiting for the perfect chance to strike when no one gives a -----. They also will ignore facts, and instead choose to argue by attacking someone's character and labeling then as a PKer. Which is why people have been calling them SJW's

I couldn't agree more mate. But it hurts everyone because Devs will give in to these guys . They always do an we end up sucking eggs cos they complained loud an long enough that devs just got sick of it, an destroyed pvp...

Edited by Froggie

Posted

yep they are SJW all the way

Posted

I personally have no issue with people complaining and whining to get what they want. The difference is the ones who want the karma system gone/changed, are sticking to facts and using examples of other games and the other servers. While the people who like the current system or want it even harsher are not providing any realistic solutions or reasons why. 

A PERSON DIED A HORRIBLE DEATH IS REASON ENOUGH, THOSE HORRIBLE PKERS KILLED THE GUY FOR NO REASON..nope none..none whatsoever and it was completely impossible for the guy to defend himself. All he did was continue pestering the guy grinding by not having the common courtesy to go elsewhere and exploited the karma system by allowing himself to die to the guy who was grinding's aoes.

We all know PKing only means killing someone a million levels lower than you and camping them forever right? - The BDO PvE community

Posted

The Cognitive Dissonance here is amazing.

Posted (edited)

A PERSON DIED A HORRIBLE DEATH IS REASON ENOUGH, THOSE HORRIBLE PKERS KILLED THE GUY FOR NO REASON..nope none..none whatsoever and it was completely impossible for the guy to defend himself. All he did was continue pestering the guy grinding by not having the common courtesy to go elsewhere and exploited the karma system by allowing himself to die to the guy who was grinding's aoes.

We all know PKing only means killing someone a million levels lower than you and camping them forever right? - The BDO PvE community

Your trolling. You have no idea what a PK is as shown from this post.

I will ask a question here. Why is it pve players feel it is their right to be totally safe? If your in the world grinding. Why should it be a punishment to take that spot off you, if your to lazy to try an make friends with someone who wants it?. If you had some sense you would try to make friends with the guy so you have someone to help watch your back. God forbid you actually made a new friend in game .....Yes some will attack you anyway, but how is that punishable?... You the pver chose to play in a pvp environment...

Edited by Froggie

Posted

Your trolling. You have no idea what a PK is as shown from this post.

I will ask a question here. Why is it pve players feel it is their right to be totally safe? If your in the world grinding. WHy should it be a punishment to take that spot off you, if your to lazy to try an make friends with someone who wants it?.

Do you not realize I'm the OP aka in favor of PvP

Posted

If you are outside of a safe zone then you are no longer a victim. Any game content that does not directly take from another player can all be done in a town.

So you own all the mobs? Everything outside of town. Guess you'll be red most of the time then? I'm done trying to reason with spoiled children, it because of the spoiled attitude that karma and flagging are even a thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you not realize I'm the OP aka in favor of PvP

nope, lol I dont bother looking at names:)

Posted

So you own all the mobs? Everything outside of town. Guess you'll be red most of the time then? I'm done trying to reason with spoiled children, it because of the spoiled attitude that karma and flagging are even a thing.

nobody owns them that's the thing. It's open game if you can kill me for my spot you deserve it. 

Why do people avoid such direct arguments that make complete sense, you still haven't replied to any of my posts with any logical counter arguments

Posted

nobody owns them that's the thing. It's open game if you can kill me for my spot you deserve it. 

Why do people avoid such direct arguments that make complete sense, you still haven't replied to any of my posts with any logical counter arguments

He wont because they know we are right. PVE players dont and wont ever agree just on general principal. They know that world pvp is  as it should be. They just want to be safe an never have to look after themselves :(...

Posted

Where is the logic in your argument? Let's bring this back to the original discussion - whatever your reasoning, you want to PK, but you want to do it without punishment. I don't understand or condone the "it's mine" mentality of the PK player and so I'm fully in support of a karma system. If you're going to get in my face then yeah, you deserve the punishment regardless of whether I choose to defend myself or not.

I wish PKers would stop complaining about other players trying to change the game, when in fact it's them trying to force a change in the karma/flagging system.

Posted

Karma system is fine. As long as it doesn't destroy our game to make you safe. You are in world pvp zone when grinding. Why should there be punishment for killing you ?. pvp servers, pvp happens. how is that in any way punishable.

You know full well this is all about pve players wanting zero risk play.

Posted

i agree but there still is no intereset to pk.

The karma system is good as the penaltys and the bounty system seems good and it's a cool idea but this is just an accessory, that doesn't solve the real problem which is there is no intereset to PK.

We don't need to reduce karma penaltys.

I don't want 0 karma penalties, the karma system is good ! the problem isn't about how much penaltys do we need. It's about logic.

This game is a sandbox mmo in a medieval-fantastic universe inspired by Italy of the Renaissance.

Someone who want to be an outlaw, should do it and he can, but as he is an outlaw he need to be hardly "punish" if he get caught=die and it's the case because it's not a mmo about faction, like the CM said there is no duty to kill someone else, karma system and penaltys are made for that but the problem isn't about remove karma system or remove penaltys it's about interest. There is no interest to become an outlaw expept the fact we can keep for us a spot to farm better, but this isn't enough against all thoses penaltys. I'm not saying we need to incite people to PK but there is no counterpart.

In the past, for example during western or middle ages like this game (medieval-fantastic universe inspired by Italy of the Renaissance) someone who were an outlaw, a thief was not necessarily "bad" for no reasons, and all the outlow weren't all bloodthirsty psychopath and kill just for fun.

Someone who were/is an outlaw, kill someone to steal his monney, stole a stable for horses, broke in a bank for the hughe amount of monney, there is something to earn.

They aren't all outlaw for fun or psychopath.

In the game at the moment there is nothing to earn when you PK, no interest to PK and this is the real problem. The solution is to create interest. Now, why a player is gonna to be an outlaw, for what ? nothing.

My solution to this is just to categorize the players in two camps which they will choose in the game, it is not a faction but a RP choice from players:

- Become outlow ( the miserable when you reach- 1 000 000 karma) who allows loot the players (1 % of the gold which he possesses on them) and carts (% of the materials which it contains)

- Become "Sheriff" ( the kind persons when you reach 300 000 karma ) who allows to kill the bandits without loss of karma and to gain a bonus (monney)  when they kill an outlawed.

With this idea, the fact of becoming an outlow is going to legitimize the penalties. Players will understand better that to become an outlaw it's bad and deserves to be severely punished but with an interest, so it's logical.

The possibility to loot 1% of the gold which a player possesses on them and loot a % from a cart is not to much, and that will bring new mechanics in the game by solving the real problem.

Posted

The mobs aren't mine unless i'm the strongest in the area and willing to fight for them. If you want to share mobs and make friends, then be my quest. I will probably do that as well when it makes sense, but I don't think there should be a punishment for controlling those grind zones from other players. This is what BDO is. You PvE to PvP to PvE. At this point I think you are just in denial. Calling us spoiled and children instead actually addressing our questions and concerns proves that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because systems like this are geared to reward strong players. Most players are not strong. ¬¬  

PK= Player killing.  More often than not Pking is when a player camps the body of another player for no reason other than to display dominance. 

I don't really consider node control Pking as it is part of the game. Senselessly killing a weaker player over and over for your  own enjoyment is PKing. I think those people should have a stiff consequence (Gear breaking is good enough ).

Posted

The mobs aren't mine unless i'm the strongest in the area and willing to fight for them. If you want to share mobs and make friends, then be my quest. I will probably do that as well when it makes sense, but I don't think there should be a punishment for controlling those grind zones from other players. This is what BDO is. You PvE to PvP to PvE. At this point I think you are just in denial. Calling us spoiled and children instead actually addressing our questions and concerns proves that.

In denial? Lol, the system we have in game discourages PK. Hell even the proposed bounty system still leaves the PK deterrent in place. I'm not in denial, I'm playing by the rules. I'm perfectly happy with the system we have now - I can GvG to my hearts content and let the systems that Daum put in place take care of the PKers.

What questions and concerns would you like addressed outside of I disagree with PK and support the system we have in place that punishes it?

Posted

i agree but there still is no intereset to pk.

The karma system is good as the penaltys and the bounty system seems good and it's a cool idea but this is just an accessory, that doesn't solve the real problem which is there is no intereset to PK.

We don't need to reduce karma penaltys.

I don't want 0 karma penalties, the karma system is good ! the problem isn't about how much penaltys do we need. It's about logic.

This game is a sandbox mmo in a medieval-fantastic universe inspired by Italy of the Renaissance.

Someone who want to be an outlaw, should do it and he can, but as he is an outlaw he need to be hardly "punish" if he get caught=die and it's the case because it's not a mmo about faction, like the CM said there is no duty to kill someone else, karma system and penaltys are made for that but the problem isn't about remove karma system or remove penaltys it's about interest. There is no interest to become an outlaw expept the fact we can keep for us a spot to farm better, but this isn't enough against all thoses penaltys. I'm not saying we need to incite people to PK but there is no counterpart.

In the past, for example during western or middle ages like this game (medieval-fantastic universe inspired by Italy of the Renaissance) someone who were an outlaw, a thief was not necessarily "bad" for no reasons, and all the outlow weren't all bloodthirsty psychopath and kill just for fun.

Someone who were/is an outlaw, kill someone to steal his monney, stole a stable for horses, broke in a bank for the hughe amount of monney, there is something to earn.

They aren't all outlaw for fun or psychopath.

In the game at the moment there is nothing to earn when you PK, no interest to PK and this is the real problem. The solution is to create interest. Now, why a player is gonna to be an outlaw, for what ? nothing.

My solution to this is just to categorize the players in two camps which they will choose in the game, it is not a faction but a RP choice from players:

- Become outlow ( the miserable when you reach- 1 000 000 karma) who allows loot the players (1 % of the gold which he possesses on them) and carts (% of the materials which it contains)

- Become "Sheriff" ( the kind persons when you reach 300 000 karma ) who allows to kill the bandits without loss of karma and to gain a bonus (monney)  when they kill an outlawed.

With this idea, the fact of becoming an outlow is going to legitimize the penalties. Players will understand better that to become an outlaw it's bad and deserves to be severely punished but with an interest, so it's logical.

The possibility to loot 1% of the gold which a player possesses on them and loot a % from a cart is not to much, and that will bring new mechanics in the game by solving the real problem.

1. There are enough incentives to PK someone.( Silver, Exp, Items.)

2. While I like the merit in the bounty system it doesn't solve the problem and only creates more issues and ways to abuse it. If someone wants to hunt a PK down then they can do it just fine to get revenge for themselves or to be the hero of the channel. ( lol that's sad, let's just pretend were going to be using servers.) 

3. While I don't mind looting a bit of silver from players who are outlaws or in general, this doesn't really work because if you become and outlaw just store all your money and you lose nothing. You would normally earn money for this because when players fight it's going to be while grinding but since this system puts people into groups where they know there going to PvP then they won't be grinding most likely or 1% is not enough because you could probably get that same amount grinding for 5 sec.

Posted

1. There are enough incentives to PK someone.( Silver, Exp, Items.)

2. While I like the merit in the bounty system it doesn't solve the problem and only creates more issues and ways to abuse it. If someone wants to hunt a PK down then they can do it just fine to get revenge for themselves or to be the hero of the channel. ( lol that's sad, let's just pretend were going to be using servers.) 

3. While I don't mind looting a bit of silver from players who are outlaws or in general, this doesn't really work because if you become and outlaw just store all your money and you lose nothing. You would normally earn money for this because when players fight it's going to be while grinding but since this system puts people into groups where they know there going to PvP then they won't be grinding most likely or 1% is not enough because you could probably get that same amount grinding for 5 sec.

Silver, Exp, Items how ? i don't think that keep a spot during 5 mins is enough to become negatif, no one will pk anymore.

Posted

Not wrong - you've just repeated the exact same phrase that all people who want to PK freely are using. If the opponent retaliates then they're defending themselves from a PKer. That doesn't in any way legitimise what the attacker has done, the attacker has still flagged on another player. All it means is their chosen 'victim' isn't prepared to sit there and take it.

There should absolutely be karma loss for the attacker, because the attacker is PKing.

facepalm.png

Posted

In denial? Lol, the system we have in game discourages PK. Hell even the proposed bounty system still leaves the PK deterrent in place. I'm not in denial, I'm playing by the rules. I'm perfectly happy with the system we have now - I can GvG to my hearts content and let the systems that Daum put in place take care of the PKers.

What questions and concerns would you like addressed outside of I disagree with PK and support the system we have in place that punishes it?

Well, what i'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with PK in BDO outside of safe zones for the reasons stated earlier. The current system makes it basically impossible to do owPvP whether both parties want to or not. The PvE in this game is to get what you need to PvP. The PvP is to put you in a position where you can do more and better quality PvE. So when a system comes along that breaks one, you break the other and in turn the whole game. That's why I think you are absolutely wrong when you say the karma system is acceptable. You haven't said anything to show that it isn't shit.