• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ultimate kicks

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have some advice on which kicks are worth taking to ultimate - some of the kicks says - "on successful hit", while on their ultimate says "on hit" is there an actual difference here or is this just a translation issue?

Also, are there any players with experience using Upper, Blunt,Down kick, are these worth while in pvp? Are they worth taking to ultimate or just leaving 3 points?

Posted (edited)

Anyone have some advice on which kicks are worth taking to ultimate - some of the kicks says - "on successful hit", while on their ultimate says "on hit" is there an actual difference here or is this just a translation issue?

Also, are there any players with experience using Upper, Blunt,Down kick, are these worth while in pvp? Are they worth taking to ultimate or just leaving 3 points?

None. Don't take any kicks to ultimate. You don't even want to add points in any kick besides the base level of Roundhouse Kick. It is used to anicancel our Chase. W+RMB+F

Edited by Fancypants

Posted

None. Don't take any kicks to ultimate. You don't even want to add points in any kick besides the base level of Roundhouse Kick. It is used to anicancel our Chase. W+RMB+F

Kicks are used for CC lel, but whatever floats your boat man.

If you can get them to work, use them, if you can't or don't like them, don't take them. Sweep is decent for PvE and allows you to bind people in PvP, but it's tricky to use. Roundhouse is a knockdown, very useful if landed correctly, however, I would not recommend taking any of the kicks unless you feel comfortable with anything else, especially since they will probably become completely redundant with the awakening.

The current cc patch makes most combos useless anyway, desyncs hit us even harder to the point where I don't even try to chain more than 2 ccs because it will usually end up in me dealing less damage, wasting cooldowns or even worse getting hit in the face because I try something fancy.

Posted

Kicks are used for CC lel, but whatever floats your boat man.

If you can get them to work, use them, if you can't or don't like them, don't take them. Sweep is decent for PvE and allows you to bind people in PvP, but it's tricky to use. Roundhouse is a knockdown, very useful if landed correctly, however, I would not recommend taking any of the kicks unless you feel comfortable with anything else, especially since they will probably become completely redundant with the awakening.

The current cc patch makes most combos useless anyway, desyncs hit us even harder to the point where I don't even try to chain more than 2 ccs because it will usually end up in me dealing less damage, wasting cooldowns or even worse getting hit in the face because I try something fancy.

compare Chase with and without anicancel. With anicancel is 2x faster than without. CC chains were already nerfed on Musa, so good luck utilizing multiple kicks for CC. Even if CC chains weren't nerfed, the ability to anicancel Chase is by far more worth it than the CC you get from kicks as your other abilities offer the same CC except for bound.

Posted

compare Chase with and without anicancel. With anicancel is 2x faster than without. CC chains were already nerfed on Musa, so good luck utilizing multiple kicks for CC. Even if CC chains weren't nerfed, the ability to anicancel Chase is by far more worth it than the CC you get from kicks as your other abilities offer the same CC except for bound.

You can anicancel with AA instead kicks. 

I don't use a lot the kicks. So I don't recomment them. But take them if you find it useful

Posted

AA cancel, Divider Cancel, Dragonbite cancel are better and don't use your stamina, I don't see why people think kickcancel is anything mandatory on a Blader or Plum.

Who said anything about multiple kicks? You use 1 and best 2, and those are never chained together. I rooted countless people with Blunt already.

Posted

AA cancel, Divider Cancel, Dragonbite cancel are better and don't use your stamina, I don't see why people think kickcancel is anything mandatory on a Blader or Plum.

Who said anything about multiple kicks? You use 1 and best 2, and those are never chained together. I rooted countless people with Blunt already.

Divider cancel drains your WP so much faster and therefore isn't worth it. Also, to be of note; The distance traveled with Divider cancel is shorter than that of kick cancel.

Posted

Divider cancel drains your WP so much faster and therefore isn't worth it. Also, to be of note; The distance traveled with Divider cancel is shorter than that of kick cancel.

AA cancel still better than the kick one. It doesn't drain stamina or WP either.

Also u get a free knockdown with the ultimate kick

Posted (edited)

AA cancel still better than the kick one. It doesn't drain stamina or WP either.

Also u get a free knockdown with the ultimate kick

Please explain the AA cancel to me then. I've tried to replicate it and does not anicancel at all.

Edited by Fancypants

Posted

You need the chase II to use it (I don't know why the ----- all the shit with Daum and Chase ranks)

Bind the WW on options (maybe on Mouse 5 Button or smth) then u need to time it with your autos. I'll make u a gif to show it.

*I'm using the M5B too here*

https://gyazo.com/a0766965fb37f539476706e07ca1417a

With that combo, you can learn all the kicks that u want and the Chase II

1 person likes this

Posted

You need the chase II to use it (I don't know why the ----- all the shit with Daum and Chase ranks)

Bind the WW on options (maybe on Mouse 5 Button or smth) then u need to time it with your autos. I'll make u a gif to show it.

Right on, thanks. Never saw the AA anicancel in any guides.

Posted

For the record, the ONLY kick that affects chase animation cancel is blunt kick. and this is because Blunt kick will combo with round house kick, so if you have both, it will prioritize the roundhouse kick to blunt kick combo after a chase rather than chase animation cancel.

Posted

Love you man, big thanks for this!

Posted

Love you man, big thanks for this!

u r wellcome :]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0