• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A guild for women in Black Desert Online. (Orwen)

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

NA server Orwen and EU server Alustin :: Discord :: Custom Guild Site (under construction)

110615-1814.png

A guild for women in Black Desert Online.

An intersectional feminist guild in Black Desert Online on the NA server Orwen and the EU server Alustin.

The goal of our guild is to create a safe and accepting culture for all our members so we may relax and enjoy the world of Black Desert Online.

We want a guild where all members are respectful and respected and so are able to form closer bonds of cooperation and friendship. We want our members to be referred to by their preferred pronouns without the need for any explanation or struggle. We want a place for our trans* members to be themselves including working on their voice and expression without judgement. We want to feel comfortable enough in this safe space to give each other the benefit of the doubt that if any of us should slip up, (we are all human) it was not anyone's intention to offend or hurt, and so rather than respond with anger or defensiveness, we will all strive to be patient and help each other to better understanding. With these goals in mind, we have the following list of requirements for our members:

-Our members have to be feminists.

-Our members have to be 18 years old or older.

-Our members have to identify as females (cis, trans, fluid, flux, demifem, non-binary, genderqueer) or agender (neutrois, intergender or unidentified). Exceptions for male identifying persons can be made on a case by case basis for people in the gbt+ community.

-We don’t care what sexuality you have, or what gender you were assigned at birth, however, we do ask that you be aware of the power structures between genders, sexuality, race, and disabilities and that there are normative structures that separate people. Also, you need to agree that this sucks.

-Our members must install and use Discord voice program (mic is not required).

-Our members must agree to keep the guild name and guild member’s names secret. So, on forums, social media, etc. please do not post anything (screenshot etc) that exposes our guild name or family names / character names of any of our members (including yourself) if you have publicly posted anywhere that you are in the “feminist guild”. In game, please make no reference to us being the feminist guild, etc..

-Our members can be any play style PvP, PvE, ADD, Hardcore, Casual, etc.

-This guild does not accept drama. We are not your mothers here to take care of you. If you stir up drama and act like a brat or an arsehat you are out.

If you are interested in joining or want to learn more, PM myself @Alpha and we will reply as soon as we are able. See you in-game =D

In PM, please include which region you want to join, and a little about yourself or why you are interested in joining our guild and where you heard about us. If you wish to expedite your invite process, also include a link to your FB. We have a small interview process that takes place on Discord.

Edited by Alpha
6 people like this

Posted

is it grrrrl only?

Posted

Rage has the grills FOH WITH THEEESSEE SHIIIIIIET BOI!

Just kidding, Good luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rage has the grills FOH WITH THEEESSEE SHIIIIIIET BOI!

Just kidding, Good luck.

Why is it everything you say sounds like a speech impediment 

5 people like this

Posted

Why is it everything you say sounds like a speech impediment 

Case ended

Posted

Case ended

I'm sorry chief, jury is still out for verdict. 

>.> this is real? cuz far as i know girls CANT get along together in large groups (by choice) if this is a thing ill be damned

Because they are never really girls. Clan on AoC was "All female" with only ONE clueless actual female out of all of them rofl.

1 person likes this

Posted

>.> this is real? cuz far as i know girls CANT get along together in large groups (by choice) if this is a thing ill be damned

this too.

Posted

technically i don't think they said it was a girls only guild. also wtf is grrrls..?

Posted

Catfish unite

Posted

<-- girlie... how do I app?

Posted

Nice

Posted

is it grrrrl only?

Our members have to identify as females (cis, trans, fluid, flux, demifem, non-binary, genderqueer) or agender (inter, neutrois or unidentified).

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not for me, but awesome to see a group like this!

I find this overly sexist .
I'd like to see all the drama an '' only men guild '' would cause.
double standards feminists .

Females are a minority in online games. Some more than others, but it applies mostly across the board. You can assume it would cause drama, but we don't have an example to base this accusation off of. I personally would not give a crap because I would not want to be involved in a sausage fest anyways. Most guilds consist of mainly males due to online games being, well, male dominated. I, and I'm sure many others, have been one of the few females in these mostly-male guilds. Most of the time it's all fine and dandy. Unfortunately, many of us can recount more than one experience where we have been turned into "targets" for their desires. Having an all female group is a cool, good idea. There's female-only train cars in Japan, (and for good reason!), nobody calls them sexist for not wanting to be groped! 

Edited by Diskordea
10 people like this

Posted

Thank you very much Diskordea. You hit the nail on the head! Too bad you aren't looking for a guild =}

1 person likes this

Posted

I assure you all that we aren't trolling. We are just very specific about the kind of people we want to play with in this game. We know exactly the kind of member we are looking for and we aren't really concerned with people that "don't understand" us. I find it interesting that people are going out of their way to say they aren't interested in the guild. Maybe they are the type of people that go through a drive-through and say, "I don't actually want to order anything, I just came here to make sure that you know I don't want to order anything."

5 people like this

Posted

OH :P im willing to help u ladies out :D

Oh good, we will make sure to look for you when we have any jars we need to open ;)

5 people like this

Posted

No, thanks.  I like playing with all types of people and don't like to promote double standards.  

Just about every guild I've been in has been great, mostly males or more equal numbers.  I have never been harassed, spoken down to, or demeaned in any way.  Any time there has been one bad egg in the group that attempted harassment to the women in the guild, the male members stepped up admirably and put the loser in his place.  They do become protective of us in a way, especially in guilds where we're more like a family unit. 

I have found, however, that I usually need to show I'm not a derpface in PVP and leading raid groups, especially when guildmates are just getting to know each other.  I could choose to be offended by that, but I think that's just part of male group dynamics.

That said, I find some of the replies in this thread f-ing despicable.  Grow up children.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I assure you all that we aren't trolling. We are just very specific about the kind of people we want to play with in this game. We know exactly the kind of member we are looking for and we aren't really concerned with people that "don't understand" us. I find it interesting that people are going out of their way to say they aren't interested in the guild. Maybe they are the type of people that go through a drive-through and say, "I don't actually want to order anything, I just came here to make sure that you know I don't want to order anything."

Who's "we" though, I haven't seen anyone here really actually show any real intentions of joining, and I find it unlikely that people are really that obtuse to join an "insert exclusive group here" guild (even the person who said this sounds like a cool idea isn't joining more than likely cause they know it really isn't a cool idea lol).

If anything the fact that people are posting against this type of guild is more of an indication that this doesn't work, rather than the drive thru comparison.

Edited by Dank

Posted

Oh good, we will make sure to look for you when we have any jars we need to open ;)

oh :o metaphorical opening of your jar!;) I catch your drift, count me in!:D

Posted

George Foreman represent

Posted

Who's "we" though, I haven't seen anyone here really actually show any real intentions of joining, and I find it unlikely that people are really that obtuse to join an "insert exclusive group here" guild (even the person who said this sounds like a cool idea isn't joining more than likely cause they know it really isn't a cool idea lol).

"We" are a few friends who know each other from other games and/or the ever elusive real life.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am female and there is no way in hell I would join an all girl guild, f#%k that noise and drama... wow. It would be horrible... hahaha

I still am deciding on a guild but good luck to you guys, if you really are an all girl guild, you will need it :P 

Most of the guilds I joined were gender balanced and I must say, it's really amazing to play in such an environment!

I've never been one for extremes I guess xD

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

To anyone that does not identify strictly as male, if you have been gaming for years and have never once felt the discomfort of inappropriate comments and attention from people you just wanted to play a game with, we are very happy for you. If you have never been stalked by a fellow gamer, we are happy for you. If you have never been blamed for making your stalker stalk you, we are happy for you. If you have never had to deal with harassment based on your gender, we are happy for you. If you have never had to second guess your behavior for fear that the people you were playing with might “take it the wrong way”, we are happy for you. If you have never had to deal with the backhanded “compliment” of “You aren’t like other girls, you are better/smarter/cooler than ‘normal’ girls” or “That was really good, for a girl”, we are happy for you. If you have never been misconstrued as being flirtatious or manipulative when you were just being your nice and carefree self, we are happy for you. If you have never held your tongue for fear of being labeled a “b*tch” or “crazy feminist”, we are happy for you. If you have never had someone assume you will do poorly at something simply because you are not the same gender as them, we are happy for you. Truly, you have been very lucky in your gaming career and we are happy that you can be relaxed and comfortably play with anyone you come across. Still, you are welcome to play with us and join our guild, and we understand if you don't feel the need or desire to do so. For all the rest, we are here for you. We are a safe place where you are welcome.

10 people like this

Posted

Technically speaking, if you have a single requirement on your guild, you're already excluding people, no? Excluding based on gender is just a criteria, like other guilds. That being said...

Actually the less said the better. Good luck, folks.

Posted

We've been having a lot of fun in beta and with the character creator and we are very happy to see a release date =D Thank you to those who have sent supportive PMs and/or made their interest known. We knew when we posted that we could expect some grief on the thread (there really hasn't been much so kudos to this community). But the point wasn't really the conversation in the thread but rather getting the post out there so people would know we exist and they could contact us in a way they were most comfortable with. Our group has been playing with different VOIP options and have been deciding on how to stay organized outside of the game. At this point things seem 90% worked out and decided on so we should be ready to go at launch! Can't wait to see you all in game =)

2 people like this