• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Nerf Rangers and buff melee classes!

49 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title stated , buff melee classes and nerf one-ability spamming Rangers .

melee classes will always be in disadvantage due to the repair costs and potions but more importantly when fighting (20+ Men) world bosses .so nerfing a melee class and buffing a range class (what happened in Korean version) was just a bad idea.You would see 300 archers and mages but 15 or 20 melee classes. In addition , Range classes like Mages and archers are also preferred in GvG and other activities .

I play a lot of mmorpg games including black desert ,and through experience, don't nerf a melee class!! They have to be in the middle of the mess to fight, so they do deserve a little damage increase as well as little more defense than those who just kite and fight from further away.

For example I heard people saying nerf the warrior and Giants !! Do you know the rating of these two classes in PvP or GvG ? It's about 3/5 ! How in hell do you still think they need a nerf? 

In my opinion the warrior is not OP in anyway. Yes he has a powerful attack ability (scar of dust ) but in order to get it of he needs to knock you down or grab you for maximum damage . So as long as you kite him you are just fine ,knowing that the warriors and giants are relatively slow comparing to other classes and kiting them is like a piece of cake. 

I have lvl56 archer on the Korean version and I could say that they became boringly OP .spamming 2 abilities will guarantee you a win even in 1vx situations if you have good weapon and build.

Again , nerf Rangers spamming abilities to get players to find better challenging ways and combos to fight ,and buff melee classes (because they earned it) to allow variety of different classes in the battle field instead of just range classes shooting at each other from miles away.

here is a link of MAX defense Valkyrie vs an archer spamming abilities damage. Valkyrie felt like no armor were worn at all lol.

Thanks 

5 people like this

Posted

Isn't it a bit to early to be screaming about nerfs? *smh*

1 person likes this

Posted

The game is not even released in NA/EU yet lol and it wont be the same as korean version.

1 person likes this

Posted

its not early . This is a feed back from CBT1 ! Rangers still OP !

Leveled up a ranger to lvl 45 in CBT1 ! Every other class got -----d even higher level ...true story !

Posted

Ranger classes has always been the spoiled class in every korean mmo. They just love it and catter to them. I have to admit i ended up rolling ranger (archer classes etc) in most of the korean pvp games i have played. Hopefully i don't have to end up doing the same here at some point as i despise the class so much.

6 people like this

Posted

Rangers aren't even OP they can get killed easily.. i played as a melee class on russian servers and Rangers are easy to kill.. they don't need any nerf

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's not early, i play in RU server with lv55 Tamer, class like Warrior, Giant or Tamer are so unbalanced rather than class like Ranger or Sorc.
With 60% knock/grapple resist melee class cant catch them, impossible to win. (same skills and gear)

Please consider to whatch my 3D: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7601-report-feedback-tamer-class-balance/

and look this sh*** ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELX4FkJL8Yc

Edited by Yuuki
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hahahahaha I told you Rangers are just crazy OP.

just watching the video got me sick of the game already xD ... It's a joke of course :P

Edited by Krysis
2 people like this

Posted

We've seen this already on Reddit. Your linked video casually ignores the fact that the Valk just sits there in melee range for a good five seconds. Since when was that representative of actual PvP?

As it so happens, I agree with your evaluation that Q-cancel is OP, having also played KR. I believe that Ranger should rely less on kiting-while-strafing, and more on kiting-then-comboing, which takes a bit more thought. A total change in skill mechanics, however, is unlikely; I instead look forward to Archer providing a greater challenge.

I would like to offer my opinion on something else, of course. Whatever is done, make sure classes are balanced such that two equally skilled players can fight using two classes on equal ground. Balance for skill-to-skill equality. There are some people that would argue that classes should be buffed or nerfed such that their popularities are about equal within a population of players; I believe this would cause more problems that it solves. 

1 person likes this

Posted

stop asking for nerfs, instead of "Nerfing" a Class

ask for buffs to classes you feel are lacking, and EXPLAIN what should be buffed. generalized crying never gets anything fixed right.

give specifics explain why you feel this way, and what potential impacts/benefits, you feel these changes would make to the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

rules of nerfing.... never do it. 

Soon as the nerf train leaves it never stops.   Buff other classes to match strength instead of penalizing a specific class,  that causes less people to play the nerfed class and takes away from what it was meant to be, rangers/archer classes meant to be powerful on the offense but made of paper defensively .  Soon as one class is nerfed another will become more powerful and then get nerfed and the endless cycle will continue, this happens in every game out there. 

I played ranger in CBT1 and i didnt feel like it was weak or OP, granted i did no pvp or gvg.  I dont see how you say they can spam a single skill to win.  I did nothing but endless combos which downs npcs in a timely fashion as they should maybe spam one or two on weak enemies but if you want to play ranger efficiently you use your combo skills.  If catching them is an issue then a pull/stun ability needs to be given to melee classes to gives them atleast a chance at killing them, but not to where the ability can be spammed or guaranteed to last long enough to kill a person cause then theres no point in having it.

Im not one of those defend the class at all costs kinds of people as i plan on making a valk as my main and not a ranger, but i saw no problems with the ranger.  Did massive damage as is supposed to and received decent damage in return especially against melee enemies.  But again this is still closed beta things can change and it is stupid to complain about things like this during this point in development due to the fact things probably will change.

Posted

The video was just to show the damage caused by the ranger to a MAX defense Valkyrie which is a really tanky class to began with regardless of the defensive armor she's got .

for this kind of really high damage class with ability to kite while firing is just not right .

as you said , they should kite then combo ,not kite and spam instant AOE killing cannons. Melee classes will just melt down before reaching her.

i think that ability needs to have a 1-2 seconds cooldown to allow more combos to fill the gab.

Posted (edited)

stop asking for nerfs, instead of "Nerfing" a Class

ask for buffs to classes you feel are lacking, and EXPLAIN what should be buffed. generalized crying never gets anything fixed right.

give specifics explain why you feel this way, and what potential impacts/benefits, you feel these changes would make to the game.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7601-report-feedback-tamer-class-balance/ exactly what i ve Done!  

The problem is no news about class Balance, if they are working on it or not.. @CM_Jouska please enlighten us!

Edited by Yuuki
2 people like this

Posted

A: It's not a max Def Valkyrie
B: Do you know the Atk value of the Ranger? You don't.
C: An immobile target that does nothing can be beat easily by any class with enough Atk.

D: Before screaming for a nerf, scream for a rebalancing. Rangers have nothing except for damage (pre awakening), so this is supposed to be gone as well? No Super Armor, no iframes in PvP, bad mobility compared to other classes, hardly any CC effects.

This is a glass cannon class, catch it once and it'll be dead. We don't even get the updated CC changes in EU/NA, which makes Rangers even less of a threat if you can properly chain your CC together.

2 people like this

Posted

You have no idea how much Attack that Ranger has, and the Valkery is just sitting there soaking up all the damage.Stop crying about nerfs, have you ever played end game PvP? Have you ever even played ranger for that matter?? I'll take a guess and say NO. Your lack of knowledge is disturbing, and threads like these are ridiculous.

For your information, classes are getting balanced a ton, there have been multiple patches that have adressed class balance and rangers already got nerfed. If you ever bothered to look at the patch notes you will see exactly how much work has been done on class balance. It's easy to point fingers and cry.. 
The awakening system is being introduced and this is something the devs are working on to improve class balance. Did you see Giants awakening? Have you PvP'd against one at ~+17 to +20 gear? I didn't think so. Giants are really good at sieges and since the awakening they are BEAST at 1v1 PvP. If you don't believe me, google.. Or better yet, try PvPing a bit. I really dislike lil whiny kids that cry for nerfs..

2 people like this

Posted

You have no idea how much Attack that Ranger has, and the Valkery is just sitting there soaking up all the damage.Stop crying about nerfs, have you ever played end game PvP? Have you ever even played ranger for that matter?? I'll take a guess and say NO. Your lack of knowledge is disturbing, and threads like these are ridiculous.

For your information, classes are getting balanced a ton, there have been multiple patches that have adressed class balance and rangers already got nerfed. If you ever bothered to look at the patch notes you will see exactly how much work has been done on class balance. It's easy to point fingers and cry.. 
The awakening system is being introduced and this is something the devs are working on to improve class balance. Did you see Giants awakening? Have you PvP'd against one at ~+17 to +20 gear? I didn't think so. Giants are really good at sieges and since the awakening they are BEAST at 1v1 PvP. If you don't believe me, google.. Or better yet, try PvPing a bit. I really dislike lil whiny kids that cry for nerfs..

I don't understand players like you are honestly . You are so ignorant to even read what I wrote and yet call my (Korean version experience) + ( CBT1 experience  ) feedback a whiny kid behaviors . I stated above that I have a level 56 ranger in the Korean version and I also leveled a lvl45 ranger in CBT1.

this is my feedback and I am here to discuss it with people who knows what discussion means. 

Please,if you are here to defend your class or someone ignorant just don't write anything because you don't benefit us with any more information but only meaningless and empty arguments .

Otherwise state why you think they shouldn't get nerfed with no more .

thanks

Posted

Classes are pretty balanced. The rangers on all these videos are geared as 'sh**t. They all have similar gear lvl and melee classes are doing just fine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah i don't have any problem with 1v1. What worries me the most is sieges and wars. I'm really not looking forward for "ranger only" recruit posts in the future, which already happened.

I'm not sure what it could be done, that's up to devs to find the balance.

Posted

Nicolas-Cage-Facepalm1.gif?gs=a

Posted (edited)

You let a melee touch you and the exact same thing will happen, if they're geared that is.

Edited by Bloodedge

Posted

Ok, I will start. First of all the video you showing the damn Valkyrie don't even move or block,  I've been in pvp in the Korean version and there is no such as thing op ranger, those "Spamming abilities" are easy to miss if the enemie is moving too and those "spam abilities" need stamina which make them limited, rangers are easy to kill(IF you know how to use your class) about the other classes each class serve better in different situations, watch a ranger vs wizard and let see if you still think Rangers need nerf.  

Get good. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nerf ranger nerf ranger is op... wtf did you may try ranger?

every class have own strenght :

Tamer have a lot of evasion ,grab, knock and her "PET" is really stronger.

Sorcer have a lot of stuns/knoks, powerfull damage and A LOT OF EVASION!

Warrior /Valkyrie can parry "every" skills , have knock/stun/grab and burst damage.

Blader/Plum like a missil high damage some CC and a lot of moviment.

Giant have high health Stun/grab and nice damage.

Ranger have high mobility high damage low change to CC and burst when can't move.

Mage/Wizzard for now i can't explain because i didn't try it

Well at same equip/build every class have "equality" it depends on player skills

Edited by Datura

Posted

As the title stated , buff melee classes and nerf one-ability spamming Rangers .

Firstly, you say you have KR experience, what is your family/character name? You know we can look you up right?

Secondly, you have shown that you are clueless when it comes to this game. The valk in that video is wearing +18 gear, and yet you are claiming that it has max defense.. obviously you are lacking about the enchanting system and how the game works.

Thirdly, as has been pointed out before, the valk is just standing there doing absolutely nothing. No blocking.. no evading... nothing. You say that you can beat anyone 1vX, but if you would like, I can meet you @ hidel arena and show you how wrong you are.

I do agree that a ranger can be cheesed by spamming a few skills.. but.. a ranger or melee class that knows what they are doing and has nearly or equal gear will always beat a shitty cheese ranger. That being said, it is clear to me that you have no clue what you are talking about. I have played both ranger and various melee classes (to 56 or higher) and can tell you that ranger doesn't need to be nerfed. The fact that you feel qualified to make an assessment about any class without even understanding the basics of BDO (enhancing armor) is a pretty good indicator of how seriously people should take what you have to say.

Please, before providing ridiculously incorrect feedback, play the game, do PvP, understand game mechanics, and then when you think you're ready to post, go back and do it all over again.

2 people like this

Posted

Firstly, you say you have KR experience, what is your family/character name? You know we can look you up right?

Secondly, you have shown that you are clueless when it comes to this game. The valk in that video is wearing +18 gear, and yet you are claiming that it has max defense.. obviously you are lacking about the enchanting system and how the game works.

Thirdly, as has been pointed out before, the valk is just standing there doing absolutely nothing. No blocking.. no evading... nothing. You say that you can beat anyone 1vX, but if you would like, I can meet you @ hidel arena and show you how wrong you are.

I do agree that a ranger can be cheesed by spamming a few skills.. but.. a ranger or melee class that knows what they are doing and has nearly or equal gear will always beat a shitty cheese ranger. That being said, it is clear to me that you have no clue what you are talking about. I have played both ranger and various melee classes (to 56 or higher) and can tell you that ranger doesn't need to be nerfed. The fact that you feel qualified to make an assessment about any class without even understanding the basics of BDO (enhancing armor) is a pretty good indicator of how seriously people should take what you have to say.

Please, before providing ridiculously incorrect feedback, play the game, do PvP, understand game mechanics, and then when you think you're ready to post, go back and do it all over again.

+1 on what has been said previously. I would add: in BDO ALL classes can be seen as OP (with gear, skill or a decent mix of both), which makes BDO such a good PvP game. For example, you should look how fast a Giant Spin-to-win (LMB+RMB) would melt that Valkyrie standing without blocking/evading/...acting even though she has a fairly high defensive stats.

Posted

another fanboy shows up ! 

The max gear is 20+ , he\she wears 18+ which is not a big difference than 20+ gear . And of course good luck reaching the 20+ gear with the RNG system they have .

I didn't come here to argue with you wether or not I have played in the Korean end game content .I have lvl 51 blader , lvl 56 ranger , lvl 20 warrior and lvl 31 Ninja that I started leveling right before I started playing the russian server .

i agree on that the game is somewhat balanced which is really satisfying .However, I believe that the ranger is the king of PKing ,GvG and other PvP activities due to the burst damage ,the stupid combo they have and more Importantly the range they can fire from.

Again ,I don't need to prove anything now .yet , soon when the game gets released soon in NA ,you will see how guilds will always ask for Rangers more than any other class for any activity .

thanks