• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is it possible to avoid PvE?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

0397f1d7f4d3fa4dfb087e03f933326a-dog-wit

hawt

Posted

You say this in defense for a PVE dependent leveling game with no PVE endgame.... I would question your every life choice. If you were voting in America this year, I'd wager it's for Trump. And, with your attack at a company that makes the game BDO has to try its best to make a competitive impact with, what are you insulting the rivals for? You're obviously attacking WoW. Did you even play the game 10 years ago? Leveling was hard, for millions of people, it was a struggle to level and took months for people to reach level 60. Players did it, enjoyed the hell out of it, and the game has been huge ever since. Over time it had to change as things continued to advance forward, obviously. Any, and all, developers understand the reasons they had to increase the speed of leveling as the level cap has nearly doubled since 2004. Even then, BDO is still stupidly faster at leveling up characters in comparison.
WoW has PVP for leveling up characters and has PVP endgame. WoW has PVE leveling and PVE endgame.
BDO has NO PVP leveling system and has only PVP endgame. BDO has PVE leveling and NO PVE endgame.

One of these games is missing big chunks of gameplay and hasn't earned the right to mock the other or its players if it intends to survive, let alone turn a profit. Respect the games and their players and you might earn their time. A player's time is what any and all games want, but our money is obviously always right behind that.

You're so wrong. There is PvE endgame, just not in your general western close minded fashion ;)

Good meeting you.

- Jeasy

Posted

You're so wrong. There is PvE endgame, just not in your general western close minded fashion ;)

Good meeting you.

- Jeasy

Just out of curiosity, what is the PvE endgame like then?

Posted

chenpeek.thumb.png.5c27d98844285ab834262

5501176.jpg

Posted

You say this in defense for a PVE dependent leveling game with no PVE endgame.... I would question your every life choice. If you were voting in America this year, I'd wager it's for Trump. And, with your attack at a company that makes the game BDO has to try its best to make a competitive impact with, what are you insulting the rivals for? You're obviously attacking WoW. Did you even play the game 10 years ago? Leveling was hard, for millions of people, it was a struggle to level and took months for people to reach level 60. Players did it, enjoyed the hell out of it, and the game has been huge ever since. Over time it had to change as things continued to advance forward, obviously. Any, and all, developers understand the reasons they had to increase the speed of leveling as the level cap has nearly doubled since 2004. Even then, BDO is still stupidly faster at leveling up characters in comparison.
WoW has PVP for leveling up characters and has PVP endgame. WoW has PVE leveling and PVE endgame.
BDO has NO PVP leveling system and has only PVP endgame. BDO has PVE leveling and NO PVE endgame.

One of these games is missing big chunks of gameplay and hasn't earned the right to mock the other or its players if it intends to survive, let alone turn a profit. Respect the games and their players and you might earn their time. A player's time is what any and all games want, but our money is obviously always right behind that.

Wow is not BDO.

Just FYI.

Seeing this issue in black and white is not a good idea. In this case, PvE is absolutely necessary since that's where all your resources for PvP come from. It's very hard to retool PvP to give you these resources while levelling, since it won't just involve adding loot tables to killed players for example, but also balance at lower levels, as well as balancing the economic rewards of PvP with the ones for PvE.... It's a lot more complicated than it sounds.

Another issue is that PvP in BDO is about GvG, and not individual merits. PvP in WoW is the other way around - Spend enough time in PvP and you'll get what you want, but this isn't the case in BDO where you need planning and teamwork to achieve your goals (WoW's arena is a niche part of the game, so imho it doesn't count). Winning is everything in BDO, whereas in WoW it's just the difference between getting 3000 and 5000 honor for finishing a match.

Posted

+1 hopefully I can skip PVE content with NA/EU version. PVE looks boring as hell.

Posted

PvE should be consensual.

- Jeasy

Being born should be consensual too.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Posted (edited)

>skip pve content

So in other words you want to be bad because I'm assuming you also don't want to spend 5-10 hours, post cap comboing stakes in hidel to get class mechanics down to muscle memory, because if you're going to swing at things for hours you might as well do it on mobs

Edited by Walpurga

Posted

+1 hopefully I can skip PVE content with NA/EU version. PVE looks boring as hell.

Yeah, no idea why I'm being forced into something I don't want to do :(

Posted

You cant really avoid the pve aspect (everything else that isnt pvp) as this is an mmorpg, and they tend to focus on more than just the pvp (like moba, cs:og)

Posted

If you want to avoid PVE entirely, you probably need to move on. This is not the game for you. Begging them to change things to more fit your play style is just damaging to this and every other game you guys do this to. Why dont you go find a PVP-centric game that fits what you're looking for instead of moving from game to game and trying to change them to fit what you want? Why do people constantly do this?

I'll honestly never understand it.

Posted

If you want to avoid PVE entirely, you probably need to move on. This is not the game for you. Begging them to change things to more fit your play style is just damaging to this and every other game you guys do this to. Why dont you go find a PVP-centric game that fits what you're looking for instead of moving from game to game and trying to change them to fit what you want? Why do people constantly do this?

I'll honestly never understand it.

But but but,... you just told me this is not a game for me. Isn' that... what those.. you know.. filthy PvPers tell to people who wanna avoid PvP? :( 

Posted

My butt is really itchy and sweaty.

Posted

But but but,... you just told me this is not a game for me. Isn' that... what those.. you know.. filthy PvPers tell to people who wanna avoid PvP? :( 

It's true on both sides. The only way to avoid PVP is to never level high enough to enable it. There is no way at all to avoid PVE because you don't get any resources from PVP, so you HAVE to PVE in order to level, buy pots, etc to facilitate your PVP (which is fairly pointless in this game unless it's GvG, so why bother?). It's simple game mechanics, not opinion.

Posted

Honestly, no.  You're going to need PvE for leveling, gear, skills, and silver.  Now eventually once the good guilds manage to get wealthy and powerful enough they'll be able to provide gear and silver to their members for free and reimburse them for free if they get killed.  PvE and PvP are two parts of the same game and honestly work better with each other.  So no, I don't think you'll be able to avoid PvE.

1 person likes this

Posted

The irony is delicious.

Posted

yes you can , give me 50EU and i will boost your char to lvl 50 in 24h. After that i will give you your account back.

looks like you playing first time mmo...

Lol what in 24h?? ppl are getting to lvl50 under 10h and you trying to give such poor/slow service to ppl who will pay 50$$$

Posted

I demand negative karma been applied to people when they force PvE on me.

I think you should lose karma for every mob kill. Animal cruelty is not alright.

Posted

+1 They should add a pve flag,so when we try to pk other ppl,we can turn pve off and not get atacked by mobs that are close.

Posted

I found a way to avoid PvE. 

giphy_(6).thumb.gif.bac7b49a5360b64dd664

Not recommended though.

Posted

don't tell them about my plans to get them down to low hp and CC lock till mob death. Mobs can pk too.

Posted

don't tell them about my plans to get them down to low hp and CC lock till mob death. Mobs can pk too.

Im all for MOB justice.   Mobs deserve representation!

Posted

Hey guys,

as title says, is it possible to avoid PvE and yet be competitive in PvP? I, 'course love PvE, but it would be really nice if I could do none.

Thanks!

well the logic here is good, this is obviously a troll but a nice one. We can't avoid pve in this game so why some people want to avoid pk, this is the same logic. We can't avoid pk.

Posted (edited)

I'm seeing very uneducated replies to say something is wrong and have nothing to back it up.
PVE is for leveling and usual environment grind for resources or whatever, common as can be for games. Not a problem.
Endgame is PVP with no PVE philosophy.
If PVP is the whole point of the endgame, it looks like the whole map is a huge tutorial by leveling up.
Seems like it should have just been open PVP without levels and killing players unlocks abilities as you get used to it. Would probably make the most sense to do that since the PVE leveling content is a waste of space.

Edited by oa127