• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild Alliance System

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dear BDO Community,

I have been playing on KR servers since KR OBT. BDO PvP is so dynamic. It definitely is one of the best PVP I have ever experienced. Additionally, GvG and Castle Sieges/Node Conquests offer unique opportunities for players to unwind. 

However, a proper Guild Alliance System is missing.

Such a system could provide:

1) Alliance Tag next to your Guild Emblem so players can easily identify Players belonging to your alliance. This is always handy and would prevent drama with people PKing or KSing an ally member without knowing they actually are allied.

2) Inability to PK people in your Alliance or hit them in Node/Siege fight area (which is an issue on KR servers as your AoEs hit your allies standing nearby resulting in some chaotic fights), as if they were part of your Guild.

3) Dedicated Alliance Chat. In my opinion, this third point appears particularly important. It would enable better communication and coordination, particularly in Siege perspective. Without this all you can do is /whisper your allied Guild Masters or Officers. Of course you can also get on TeamSpeak/Mumble/Skype/etc but well, adding adding a dedicated Alliance Chat would bring no harm to the game.

Finally, a proper Alliance System would contribute (or even lead) to better diplomatics between Guilds.

I am pretty sure I didn't point out all the pros (not exhaustive list here above). What would be the cons? I honestly don't know. I'm quite sure it would not be too complicated to set up.

What do you think about this?

@CM_Jouska 

Cheers,

ChickAndWin

Edited by ChickAndWin
18 people like this

Posted

This all sounds good to me, I'd love a proper alliance system for the smaller guilds to be able to compete with the larger.

2 people like this

Posted

This all sounds good to me, I'd love a proper alliance system for the smaller guilds to be able to compete with the larger.

Another pro I did not mention. You are absolutely right. Of course a maximum number of members in a single Alliance would be required; e.g. 2 or 3 "big" Guilds getting Allied vs. 4 to 5 "medium" Guilds getting Allied for example, so 1 Alliance cannot rule a whole server.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another pro I did not mention. You are absolutely right. Of course a maximum number of members in a single Alliance would be required; e.g. 2 or 3 "big" Guilds getting Allied vs. 4 to 5 "medium" Guilds getting Allied for example, so 1 Alliance cannot rule a whole server.

Yeah, there'd have to be some sort of a limitation put on the alliance, to keep that from happening, or possibly discourage larger guilds from joining alliances... No offence to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

I totally agree. I think it'd also give smaller guilds the chance to compete to own castles as well.

Ownership Bonuses

Sieges are not just big PvP fights where you can have a lot of fun. Castle owners control the city and all territory around it and can set up special taxes: from 0 up to 5%. This tax is paid by territory owners. Castle owners also receive tax from all commercial operations and NPCs traders.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Other opinions? The more we discuss about it, the better our chances to get CMs attention. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Edited by ChickAndWin
1 person likes this

Posted

Hello peeps!

I am new to the forums and I am really look forward playing BDO on NA servers. I recently joined the KR version and I just love all of it. The OP suggestion about adding a proper Alliance system is music to my ears. I particularly like the Alliance chat option!

Posted

Any game that puts such a heavy emphasis on GvG needs an alliance system. The fact that BDO lacks one is upsetting. Though to be fair, a lot of games are missing this feature. This doesn't make it acceptable, just stating that it's a trend.

2 people like this

Posted

Any game that puts such a heavy emphasis on GvG needs an alliance system. The fact that BDO lacks one is upsetting. Though to be fair, a lot of games are missing this feature. This doesn't make it acceptable, just stating that it's a trend.

You are absolutely right! Adding an Alliance System to BDO would just make sense! The fact a lot of games are missing such a feature is not an excuse imo.

Posted

Maybe alliances would come with contracts, such as; Set durations that can't be broken, all profits from lands(territories, and nodes) split among guilds within an alliance, and perhaps a scaling upkeep for the size of an alliance. To keep people honest, while promoting the benefits of both having and not having an alliance. Bigger guilds would be far less likely to form alliances with eachother, but could also help smaller guilds out significantly if they wanted to. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dear BDO Community,

I have been playing on KR servers since KR OBT. BDO PvP is so dynamic. It definitely is one of the best PVP I have ever experienced. Additionally, GvG and Castle Sieges/Node Conquests offer unique opportunities for players to unwind. 

However, a proper Guild Alliance System is missing.

Such a system could provide:

1) Alliance Tag next to your Guild Emblem so players can easily identify Players belonging to your alliance. This is always handy and would prevent drama with people PKing or KSing an ally member without knowing they actually are allied.

2) Inability to PK people in your Alliance or hit them in Node/Siege fight area (which is an issue on KR servers as your AoEs hit your allies standing nearby resulting in some chaotic fights), as if they were part of your Guild.

3) Dedicated Alliance Chat. In my opinion, this third point appears particularly important. It would enable better communication and coordination, particularly in Siege perspective. Without this all you can do is /whisper your allied Guild Masters or Officers. Of course you can also get on TeamSpeak/Mumble/Skype/etc but well, adding adding a dedicated Alliance Chat would bring no harm to the game.

Finally, a proper Alliance System would contribute (or even lead) to better diplomatics between Guilds.

I am pretty sure I didn't point out all the pros (not exhaustive list here above). What would be the cons? I honestly don't know. I'm quite sure it would not be too complicated to set up.

What do you think about this?

Cheers,

ChickAndWin

I read the whole thread and well, after playing on RU server I got exactly the same feeling: Guild Alliance is missing.

I don't see any reason why not to implement it except for the "balance" of the game; but  this issue can easily be solved by adding few restrictions.

For  example.

-The number of members per Alliance could be capped (otherwise you could see 2 big Guilds allied ruilng the whole game); also let's say the cap being max 100 players (this way small Guilds can compete with big Guilds,which don't really need the Alliance at all).

-A contract between Alliance needs to be signed (it can be Daily,Weekly,Monthly) paying some Guild Funds.

-As for the Taxes (from ownership of Castles) they could be equally divided between the Guilds of the Alliance.

This a simple example but of course there could be way better system than this:

I just hope to see Guild Alliance in Black Desert,that's all.

CM_Jouska

Edited by Lud00f
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

i don't want to see this ingame... do you want to know why? 

because sieges will only be about the " favourite guild" and they'll take turns.. sieges will then only be about alliances and single guilds can't stand a chance thus creating an unbalanced GvG system.

another reason why, if the game would sell cash shop items in the future, the game end up p2w anyway, limits don't help just buy another account and gift to your main account or use a vpn or whatever.. so the limit can't be limited :) , so the game turns out p2w and all the p2w guild join in an alliance making the GvG system broken as -----.

there can be an alliance ofc.. but both guild should still be red to each other.

the GvG system in bdo isn't made for alliances and shouldn't be.

note that this is my opinion, and i experienced sieging alot on KR.. was also part of an alliance, and it's dumb.. 

if your alliance if the only one in the territory it's GG and your siege ended right when it started. lol

however, it might work if alliances have a member cap for example 200 members.

Edited by Aedix

Posted

As long as it was like EVE.

Where you can still get 'blue on blue' fighting, and where all it does is make it so 'alliance' members are highlighted as friendly, in blue. You can still attack them, still get hit by them and still kill each other.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed 100% but it needs to still allow Alliance members to be able to fight each other. Because lets be honest theirs always those one or two guys that will talk shit and need a beating.

Posted

i don't want to see this ingame... do you want to know why? 

because sieges will only be about the " favourite guild" and they'll take turns.. sieges will then only be about alliances and single guilds can't stand a chance thus creating an unbalanced GvG system.

Hello,

Actually, this is exactly how sieges are going on KR servers mate. Guilds are gathering in Alliances for sieges. A single Guild just doesn't stand a chance :) 

Yes Guild "turns" will be set up whatever you add or not an Alliance System to the game. Adding a proper Alliance System would bring better communication/coordination though.

As previously mentioned, a maximum member per Alliance would be required to prevent from TOP5 Guilds (for instance) to form an Alliance and ruling the server/leaving no chance at all to small-to-medium Guilds to compete.

however, it might work if alliances have a member cap for example 200 members.

This would be a good idea. A maximum number of members in Alliance would be a requirement. For example, 2 "big" Guilds could get Allied vs. 4 to 5 "medium" Guilds responding and forming another Alliance to compete.

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds good and legit!

Posted

Doesn't it? :)

1 person likes this

Posted

So I am curious. It looks like we all agree a Guild System is definitely missing. Can we hope for a feedback from ours amazing CMs? ^^ Many thanks in advance !

@CM_Jouska

1 person likes this

Posted

So I am curious. It looks like we all agree a Guild System is definitely missing. Can we hope for a feedback from ours amazing CMs? ^^ Many thanks in advance !

@CM_Jouska

+1

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't mind an official alliance system as long as there's still friendly fire. It takes more coordination to not hit your allies while helping each other out than it does to simply just zerg together. If they were to implement an alliance system, there should be an alliance chat, your allies should show up as a unique icon on the minimap rather than the normal player icon, and maybe be able to share guild houses-- but you should still be able to attack each other imo.

Edited by Valthier
2 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't mind an official alliance system as long as there's still friendly fire. It takes more coordination to not hit your allies while helping each other out than it does to simply just zerg together. If they were to implement an alliance system, there should be an alliance chat, your allies should show up as a unique icon on the minimap rather than the normal player icon, and maybe be able to share guild houses.

Interesting ideas! It may take more coordination to not hit your allies while helping each other rather than just zerging as you have mentioned but it may be Impossible to help your allies at all if you all playing a wizard or a witch for example as most of your abilities are AoEs. At the end it is just "boring". L2 for example offers a proper Alliance System, preventing you from hitting/being hit by your allies, and siege fights go just fine ^^. 

However we do agree on an Alliance chat and making your allies appearing different on the minimap. @CM_Jouska

Sharing Guild houses is interesting as well! 

Thx for sharing!

1 person likes this

Posted

This needs more attention. I wish to run a small guild with my friends, but still take part of large scale fights with other guilds. An alliance is a perfect answer for allowing small guilds to participate.

Posted

Any update about this Proper Alliance System?

@CM_Jouska

@CM_Oli

@CM_Praballo

Thank you very much in advance! BDO would be really benefit from ask, just ask around and scroll up ^^

Posted

UP

Posted

This.