• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild Alliance System

88 posts in this topic

Posted

+1 Guild Alliances would come in handy, thanks for making this thread :)

Posted

I read the whole thread and well, after playing on RU server I got exactly the same feeling: Guild Alliance is missing.

I don't see any reason why not to implement it except for the "balance" of the game; but  this issue can easily be solved by adding few restrictions.

For  example.

-The number of members per Alliance could be capped (otherwise you could see 2 big Guilds allied ruilng the whole game); also let's say the cap being max 100 players (this way small Guilds can compete with big Guilds,which don't really need the Alliance at all).

-A contract between Alliance needs to be signed (it can be Daily,Weekly,Monthly) paying some Guild Funds.

-As for the Taxes (from ownership of Castles) they could be equally divided between the Guilds of the Alliance.

This a simple example but of course there could be way better system than this:

I just hope to see Guild Alliance in Black Desert,that's all.

CM_Jouska

There could be conflict in this however. Do not get me wrong, it's a great idea, however, if a guild is able to have more than 1 alliance, what would then happen if you got three alliances (As an example).

Situation:

You are in alliance with 2 other guilds, between those two guild you have no quarrel, and can be friends. At some point the 2 other guilds meets eachother, and the situation gets heated, to the point where your 2 allies are now Enemies. Then comes the morale fighting. what side will you be joining? what can you expect from one guild over the other? How will you get out this without suffering the consequences?

Alliances are good and all, but there is so many ways to backstab eachother if you can have more than 1 alliance.

Posted

There could be conflict in this however. Do not get me wrong, it's a great idea, however, if a guild is able to have more than 1 alliance, what would then happen if you got three alliances (As an example).

Situation:

You are in alliance with 2 other guilds, between those two guild you have no quarrel, and can be friends. At some point the 2 other guilds meets eachother, and the situation gets heated, to the point where your 2 allies are now Enemies. Then comes the morale fighting. what side will you be joining? what can you expect from one guild over the other? How will you get out this without suffering the consequences?

Alliances are good and all, but there is so many ways to backstab eachother if you can have more than 1 alliance.

But isn't that the fun with alliances?

Posted (edited)

Please no ingame alliance system as it does not bring anything except carebear guilds hand holding hands.
Guild can form alliance and there is need for far better coordination when you can actually hit an ally member eg they protect your siege camps or attack other guilds siege camps.

The only thing ingame alliance system will bring is tons of guild blobbing and zerging the rest.

It would be better to raise guild size to max 200 then allowing alliances. 

Edited by IKShadow
2 people like this

Posted

I read the whole thread and well, after playing on RU server I got exactly the same feeling: Guild Alliance is missing.

I don't see any reason why not to implement it except for the "balance" of the game; but  this issue can easily be solved by adding few restrictions.

For  example.

-The number of members per Alliance could be capped (otherwise you could see 2 big Guilds allied ruilng the whole game); also let's say the cap being max 100 players (this way small Guilds can compete with big Guilds,which don't really need the Alliance at all).

-A contract between Alliance needs to be signed (it can be Daily,Weekly,Monthly) paying some Guild Funds.

-As for the Taxes (from ownership of Castles) they could be equally divided between the Guilds of the Alliance.

This a simple example but of course there could be way better system than this:

I just hope to see Guild Alliance in Black Desert,that's all.

CM_Jouska

Situation:

Alliances are good and all, but there is so many ways to backstab eachother if

But isn't that the fun with alliances?

For some it may. But others it's the cause of drama on a whole new level, and to consider when you have a guild it is not only your own sense of humor and pleasure you have to consider but everyone within the guild. With a guild comes responsibility. I've seen entire servers die in MMO, due to some drama that started up with an ember from one annoying another. 

If you wanna go GoT, sure. but it ain't all that is willing to be dragged into such Drama.

Posted

Please no ingame alliance system as it does not bring anything except carebear guilds hand holding hands.
Guild can form alliance and there is need for far better coordination when you can actually hit an ally member eg they protect your siege camps or attack other guilds siege camps.

The only thing ingame alliance system will bring is tons of guild blobbing and zerging the rest.

If you have any experience in big pvp games you all should know this is a thing!

So pls no alliances!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Last thing we need are alliance tbh, glad KR didnt have that.

Edited by Koyu
2 people like this

Posted

No to alliances.. death to all carebears

2 people like this

Posted

You can still form alliances, it just takes better coordination, since there's friendly fire on.

I don't really thing that this is needed, since the lack of such system adds another incentives to gvg (back stabbing XDD), but it wouldn't bother me if there was one.

Posted

No...just no. why have 2 sided server when you can have more dynamic wars....?

1 person likes this

Posted

All the time I thought that in this game I can suddenly betray my alliance to help "our enemies".

This will give us a political aspect to the game. Until I end up like him:

joffrey-dead.jpg

So if there will be Betray button, I'm up for it :D

Posted (edited)

Finally someone is talking good in this sea of carebears.

Please developers, listen to this man!

The alliance system brings guild blobbing and zerging, this is 100% proven to be true, and it is inevitable.

And raise guild size too

Edited by Kimaera

Posted

You can still form alliances, it just takes better coordination, since there's friendly fire on.

My point exactly, allowing ingame alliances would just make inexperienced guilds/players blob up and zerg the shit out of everyone. 

Experienced allied guilds would make proper coordination and make it work. 

3 people like this

Posted

No, no alliances.

It makes no sense, if you are too weak to compete with strong guilds go with your casual friends somwhere else.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please no alliance. There are enough RvR mmorpgs out there already wich are basicly the same as huge alliances. I hate them all!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Big NO. It will all result in huge powerblocks and that's it. Small guilds which might have trouble with bigger guilds, will be completely irrelevant vs. big blocks, unless they join them.

See EVE Online and it's massive alliances (whole universe is split between few and sometimes you have to go really far to find someone who you can actually attack)

Better raise guild member's limit.

Edited by Destabilizator
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

holding-hands~s600x600.jpg

No Thanks.

There will already be too many Alliances at least with friendly fire on they will have to have some form of skill/co-ordination. An in-game Alliance that takes away friendly fire would just promote no skill zerg2win play.  

1) Alliance Tag next to your Guild Emblem so players can easily identify Players belonging to your alliance. This is always handy and would prevent drama with people PKing or KSing an ally member without knowing they actually are allied.

1) If your members cant read the in-game guild tags or remember who your guild are holding hands with that seems more a player quality issue than something BDO should have to fix for you.

2) Inability to PK people in your Alliance or hit them in Node/Siege fight area (which is an issue on KR servers as your AoEs hit your allies standing nearby resulting in some chaotic fights), as if they were part of your Guild.

2) Again this is only an "issue" for bad players/guild leaders who can not co-ordinate with other guilds. The friendly fire system is actually very good and could actually make for some very fun tactical gameplay yet you want to take it away because i assume you just want a big alliance ball of death that can spam AoE with no consequences?

3) Dedicated Alliance Chat. In my opinion, this third point appears particularly important. It would enable better communication and coordination, particularly in Siege perspective. Without this all you can do is /whisper your allied Guild Masters or Officers. Of course you can also get on TeamSpeak/Mumble/Skype/etc but well, adding adding a dedicated Alliance Chat would bring no harm to the game.

3) You answered your own question here, There are plenty of programs that are perfect for this and it would seem a waste of time for BDO to make an in-game system that would ultimately be worse than other currently available programs. TS3/Vent/Discord/Skype/Mumble for example.

Edited by Vosiler
c0ckrel too big hit wrong keys. i need to wear pants while typing.
2 people like this

Posted

Keep it as it is imo.

Why ?

Once one powerblock becomes to dominant you need more alliances to counter it.

What will happen is one c.l.u.s.t.e.r.f.u.c.k. of a front that the server cant handle....

100vs100 GvG already brings a 980Ti on her knee's on low settings imagen if we would have an alliance system of 12 guilds vs 12 guilds...

it will become one c.l.u.s.t.e.r.f.u.c.k. with massive lag or server crashes.

I came from Eve Online and they implemented a system called Time Dialation wich is imposible for our kind of mmo as you cannot slow down our client in pvp to 10% of max speed.

Keep the current system so it doesnt become a system where the only way to win is having more alliances binded together to win.

Maybe with future tech and user hardware and a not so taxing mmo it could be viable to have such systems but BDO is already very taxing when doing mass pvp and an alliance system would only makes this ten times worse.

Big NO. It will all result in huge powerblocks and that's it. Small guilds which might have trouble with bigger guilds, will be completely irrelevant vs. big blocks, unless they join them.

See EVE Online and it's massive alliances (whole universe is split between few and sometimes you have to go really far to find someone who you can actually attack)

Better raise guild member's limit.

Aye it would be better to increase the guild limit then to have an alliance system.

Good point :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hell -----ing no to this idea! NO ALLIANCE please. Hate that system, just ruin the server with big guilds teaming up with each other.... Talking from big experience in the past. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep the current system so it doesnt become a system where the only way to win is having more alliances binded together to win.

Aye it would be better to increase the guild limit then to have an alliance system.

THIS

Posted

You guys miss a point: Alliances WILL be made. For example, a single Guild CANNOT does NOT stand a chance in Castle Siege.

It is not about "yes Alliance" or "big no to alliance"... some of the previous posters obviously didn't even try out BDO. BDO definitely is all about Alliances. Even guild wars always turn out... Alliances vs Alliances. Like it or not.

This post is about introducing a Proper Alliance system to get things less chaotic. Obviously, a maximum members in an Alliance would be required (let's say 200) so Top5 Guilds can't get allied and run the whole server without leaving others a chance to strike back. At the end, 5 "small-to-medium" guilds could get allied and challenge 2 "big" guilds.

To those asking for a "betray button", well... we may just be allowed to Flag allies (player responsible for killing an ally could/would get expelled from his Guild or Alliance could/would just break up!) A proper Alliance system would lead to better Diplomatics. From Guild-related drama comes the best PvP.

Posted

You guys miss a point: Alliances WILL be made. For example, a single Guild CANNOT does NOT stand a chance in Castle Siege.

It is not about "yes Alliance" or "big no to alliance"... some of the previous posters obviously didn't even try out BDO. BDO definitely is all about Alliances. Even guild wars always turn out... Alliances vs Alliances. Like it or not.

This post is about introducing a Proper Alliance system to get things less chaotic. Obviously, a maximum members in an Alliance would be required (let's say 200) so Top5 Guilds can't get allied and run the whole server without leaving others a chance to strike back. At the end, 5 "small-to-medium" guilds could get allied and challenge 2 "big" guilds.

To those asking for a "betray button", well... we may just be allowed to Flag allies (player responsible for killing an ally could/would get expelled from his Guild or Alliance could/would just break up!) A proper Alliance system would lead to better Diplomatics. From Guild-related drama comes the best PvP.

If alliances will be made why you are asking gm's to make them ? 

Am i missing something ? O.o 

Are you a gm ? You seems so sure that alliances will be made.

So now i don't get it even more.

First you asked gm's to create alliances, then you said alliances will be made. 

Why are you asking then ?

Single guild does stand a chance in castle siege. You can always make an alliance with other guild and make sure to cooperate with attacks so allied guilds won't attack each other.

Posted

We are not missing the point yes alliances will be made and yes in current system allies need to coordinate attacks not just blob together as there is no friendly fire. 

Posted

If alliances will be made why you are asking gm's to make them ? 

Am i missing something ? O.o 

Are you a gm ? You seems so sure that alliances will be made.

So now i don't get it even more.

First you asked gm's to create alliances, then you said alliances will be made. 

Why are you asking then ?

Single guild does stand a chance in castle siege. You can always make an alliance with other guild and make sure to cooperate with attacks so allied guilds won't attack each other.

Have you even tried the game? Unformal Alliances will be made.

Without a Proper Alliane System, Castle Sieges can turn a little messy for instance. Most of the time, Alliances are also involved during Nodes Fights (big Guilds helping out smaller ones for instance)... so it really affects everybody.

Just think or even better... try KR BDO out!

Many just think BDO misses a Proper Alliance System.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you even tried the game? Unformal Alliances will be made.

Without a Proper Alliane System, Castle Sieges can turn a little messy for instance. Most of the time, Alliances are also involved during Nodes Fights (big Guilds helping out smaller ones for instance)... so it really affects everybody.

Just think or even better... try KR BDO out!

Many just think BDO misses a Proper Alliance System.

Which game ?

By saying "many" you mean casuals with low skill lvl ?

What is a KR BDO ? Some kind of post code ?

Do i put it in the gps ?