• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

question Is there a good musa guide around? (something similar to this tamer guide?)

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As the topic states, is there an updated musa guide around, preferably similar to this (imo very nice) tamer guide?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4aup0g/tamer_guide_gearstatbuildpvppveplaystyletips/

Edit: 6 hours since I posted, 116 views, and not one single recommendation to a good class guide for Blader, one of the most anticipated classes of BDO?

Seriously? Was the class DOA or what?

Edited by Rived

Posted

There are plenty of opinions on SP Allocation, Gear, Animation Cancelling Etc. all over the forums. I recommend reading a lot of those to get an idea of what you want to work towards.  I am not home at my computer so I can't write out an extensive guide about the class, but there is a lot of useful information already on here. If you still have questions I can try to answer anything you have, I haven't written anything up but I am more than willing to set you in the right direction via forums or voice chat.

Also, it's Mother's Day. I wouldn't expect a flood of responses to your forum post within 6 hours on a holiday.

2 people like this

Posted

Which of the crafted necklaces are the best to use for a blader? i am currently using the scarla necklace but i see that people are saying the knockdown resistance is more important than the 5 extra dp. 

Posted

Which of the crafted necklaces are the best to use for a blader? i am currently using the scarla necklace but i see that people are saying the knockdown resistance is more important than the 5 extra dp. 

I would opt for a resistance necklace then onto an ogre or TRI: Bares when you can. Resistance necklaces can still give more benefits over the extra 5 AP in some situations. But, as a squishy class you will be better off in the end with more damage and try to avoid getting hit.

Posted

Great, I appreciate your help!

First, so you know where I stand and what I have to work with when it comes to my Musa. I'm still leveling, currently at 44. I'm using taritas and grunil (76AP, 127DP, AS and Crit at 4. 1100hp, 1700 sta, 270wp)

Chase

Is Chase 1 still the only option to use the increased speed movement (animation cancel with F). Or can I upgrade to ultimate without losing it?

Kicks

Any kicks worth having, that is, IF they dont break the above?

Sword and Maneuver training

I put points in Sword and Maneuver training, but I dont see my total. Are the points worth? (I find it difficult to judge since I dont know how much of a % increase it is)

This applies to Precise Martial Arts, I got it, not sure if it works, because I don't see it in my stats, worth having?

Dragon Bite

I only have this ability at rank B, it hits like a noddle and I, honestly, don't see the point of it (besides the awesome animation). Will this get better? Should I use this?

Basically, what I need is a good start out PvE build that gives me a good AoE and survivability for grinding. (PvP I'll deal with later, much later)

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Found the answer.

Edited by xMaix
Found the answer

Posted

You can have chase I and Chase ultimate, just not chase II. Pretty sure only can have F kick and W+F kick, the others will bug out the Ani cancel. 

Theyre hidden stats like grunils AP and work. Same for the Precise Martial Arts, although if you need the points it's less important in PvE since you will Kb/Kd most things anyway. It's important but for leveling/PvE those points could be used for a high damage skill, but if u have it don't worry too much about resetting it

Lunar Slash is the heavy hitter in this. Once you have each upgraded it just adds bonus damage to your end of combo lunar slash. Get lunar asap then focus on finishing the other two after.

of course rising storm, although I find the ultimate not very useful. Maybe I need to test but will end up resetting after.

nemesis slash is an amazing heal and helps keep your pot usage down. You can actually base yourself around it for when u can just go all in and get hit a few times then immediately heal right up

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for replying!

I just tried the Rising storm ultimate, not really sure what it does, seems to me it's the same?

Also, using the quick slot for this skill, does it reduce the damage compared to using shift+q or s+lmb+rmb.

Blooming seems to do good damage (have not tried it yet), is it worth it? What does it mean "instantly in certain situations", what are those? (Also, it says "Invisible while casting", I guess it should be invincible?)

Will try out Dragon bite, seems to work well with Tiger Blade, big damage bonuses. Worth it?

Awakenings, which one should I go for, and what should I hope for?

Edit: I just got the full skill reset (with a 7 days duration, do you know if that one works properly? I read on the general forum that it's bugged and doesnt return all combat points?) Seems that was false nwm

Edited by Rived

Posted

you should try to avoid using quickslots as it usually hinders your damage. the only exception is blooming, but using that makes you go through the entire animation. the other quickslot that works is cyclone slash for a ranged KB.

I don't use Tiger Blade for a plethora of reasons, it's good but for PvP requires good timing. I use DB after a Rising storm KD and hope to get to lunar slash before they can get up and out the way.

Awakenings:

Rising Storm: Some AS for you, or -AS for opponent or -Movement for opponent work nice
Blind Thrust: Some AS for you, or -AS for opponent or -Movement for opponent work nice
Gale: Some AS for you, or -AS for opponent or -Movement for opponent work nice
Blooming: I would go for more AP on this:
Lunar Slash: I would go for more AP on this

These are ones I have

Maybe a Cyclone Slash for -Movement Speed. Not sure. TBH I am looking for a list of awakenings and these are just the few I've come across using minimal memory fragments.

2 people like this

Posted

As the topic states, is there an updated musa guide around, preferably similar to this (imo very nice) tamer guide?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4aup0g/tamer_guide_gearstatbuildpvppveplaystyletips/

Edit: 6 hours since I posted, 116 views, and not one single recommendation to a good class guide for Blader, one of the most anticipated classes of BDO?

Seriously? Was the class DOA or what?

The reason for that being that the class is different than it used to be, and all the weird ass patches made it even harder for us guidemakers to actually provide something that is correct and not half-assed or simply wrong.

I made a couple guides and recommendations for Blader in a form of videos, not a full fleshed out guide as I am also still figuring out what shizzles are hidden within the weird version we are currently playing.

Thanks for replying!

I just tried the Rising storm ultimate, not really sure what it does, seems to me it's the same?

Also, using the quick slot for this skill, does it reduce the damage compared to using shift+q or s+lmb+rmb.

Blooming seems to do good damage (have not tried it yet), is it worth it? What does it mean "instantly in certain situations", what are those? (Also, it says "Invisible while casting", I guess it should be invincible?)

Will try out Dragon bite, seems to work well with Tiger Blade, big damage bonuses. Worth it?

Awakenings, which one should I go for, and what should I hope for?

Edit: I just got the full skill reset (with a 7 days duration, do you know if that one works properly? I read on the general forum that it's bugged and doesnt return all combat points?) Seems that was false nwm

You will use more WP when not using Shift+Q or S+LMB+RMB, so better start using it.

Blooming is worth it, it has a stun, drains mana, damage is semigood if it doesn't glitch it. Don't rely on whatever protection it's supposed to give you, as it is wonky as fork and does not work very well. 99% you want to use the canceled version, which I have covered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaWjStESXvM

Dragonbite is definitve take, lower cd, very good initiating skill.

Tiger Blade is a love/hate thing, if you figure out how and when to use it, it's powerful, if you don't, it's a waste of space, it's a very situational skill, so make sure you don't spend skillspoints you need elsewhere.

As far as awakenings go, most likely what Mixar said:

There's basically 2 things you want to keep in mind when going for bonusstats:

Crit is absolutely useless, Blind Thrust will always give you 30% crit for 10 seconds, even if you don't hit the enemy, as long as you use it off cooldown. So even if you don't hit your engage with Blind Thrust (w+space mostly) you will still get the buff.

Attackspeed is your best friend, so take it preferably on more than one skill. Good picks for that are Dragonbite, Divider (if you use it), Rising Storm, Stub Arrow, Blind Thrust. Gale. Rising Storm also benefits from AP though, so if you feel you have enough skills to keep up the 10% attackspeed, go for AP instead.

Blooming should be AP imho, large CD and not as often used, same goes for Lunar.

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks Mixar and Wilk, really appreciate your input!

I did a full skill reset and built from your tips, so far so good! (Insane AoE compared to before ^^)

Posted

Thanks Mixar and Wilk, really appreciate your input!

I did a full skill reset and built from your tips, so far so good! (Insane AoE compared to before ^^)

Glad to here you managed to increase your potential :P

Keep in mind that Blader is somewhat underwhelming at the moment.

I still manage to pvp, I have to take alot of precautions though to not wind up dead. There might still be issues with Blader.

If you need anything else feel free to leave a post or message me or watch some of my other videos, that should explain most vital things.

Posted

Glad to here you managed to increase your potential :P

Keep in mind that Blader is somewhat underwhelming at the moment.

I still manage to pvp, I have to take alot of precautions though to not wind up dead. There might still be issues with Blader.

If you need anything else feel free to leave a post or message me or watch some of my other videos, that should explain most vital things.

hey I'd be interested in seeing your take on things. Where can I find your videos

Posted

hey I'd be interested in seeing your take on things. Where can I find your videos

This is my playlist at the moment, will most likely expand it in the future with all the weird patchness we have.

3 people like this

Posted

Thank yall for dropping positive and helpful knowledge. Gunna be lookin over all this myself (:

Posted

This is my playlist at the moment, will most likely expand it in the future with all the weird patchness we have.

FYI, Chase II is required for the LMB Chase cancel which is by far the most superior out of the Chase cancels. It doesn't use up your Endurance/Stamina like the kick cancel does and it doesn't waste your WP like the Divider cancel does.

Posted

FYI, Chase II is required for the LMB Chase cancel which is by far the most superior out of the Chase cancels. It doesn't use up your Endurance/Stamina like the kick cancel does and it doesn't waste your WP like the Divider cancel does.

Yeah, I'm currently in the making for a guide covering that as well, it seems that was one of the "adjustments" they made with the latest patch.

Posted (edited)

waaaaaht

Edited by Heken

Posted

Ive been having trouble getting this lmb chase cancel working. I have WW bound to mouse5 so i slash forward and cancel it with mouse5 (forward chase) then hold W+Lmb+mouse5? Or am i way off the mark?

When i do what i just described my char will do a slow-ish frontal slash between each dash rather than chaining.

Do i need ultimate chase too? Im lvl 45 still if that matters.

Posted

Ive been having trouble getting this lmb chase cancel working. I have WW bound to mouse5 so i slash forward and cancel it with mouse5 (forward chase) then hold W+Lmb+mouse5? Or am i way off the mark?

When i do what i just described my char will do a slow-ish frontal slash between each dash rather than chaining.

Do i need ultimate chase too? Im lvl 45 still if that matters.

WW + LMB, that's all it takes to LMB cancel. You might need the ultimate, I had it before I was even told about the LMB cancel so I can't say for sure.

Posted

Yep, it was ult:chase that i needed. Thanks a ton guys! So much nicer not depleting two resources just to dash :D