• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger's mana on PvE

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Ranger is my alt and I have enormous problems with mana managment while PvE. I have to basicly go buy potions ever 30minutes of grinding if I want to be efficient and don't waste time on just autoattacking mobs (it's stupid). My main skill pre 50 was EES but that doesn't seem to work on mediah/shrine mobs because it lacks damage (it wasn't perfect in the first place either because you had to have whole bunch of mobs around to get your mana back). After i hit 50 everything changed, I had to use shotgun as my "main" skill but seriously, 2-3 shots and I'm out of mana (wth?). I have 11 points spirit healing and extraction gem on my weapon and every skill still drain mana like crazy. Packs of mobs aren't always with 5-7 mobs so either of my skill replenish my mana.

So question to you, more experienced than me. Is there a good way for sustain while PvE or i HAVE to use potions over and over? If there is a way, please help me and share because i'm loosing my mind right now and want to throw my PC out of the window.

Posted (edited)

Try to use Blasting Gust on large Mob groups, if it hits multiple targets it recovers mana instantly, but only on large groups of mobs, try to use it to sttart the fight with them, then throw some evasive explosion shots with umbrellas and then repeat the procces unless u dont have enough mobs to reocver mana

Edited by victorsc4

Posted

Ranger is my alt and I have enormous problems with mana managment while PvE. I have to basicly go buy potions ever 30minutes of grinding if I want to be efficient and don't waste time on just autoattacking mobs (it's stupid). My main skill pre 50 was EES but that doesn't seem to work on mediah/shrine mobs because it lacks damage (it wasn't perfect in the first place either because you had to have whole bunch of mobs around to get your mana back). After i hit 50 everything changed, I had to use shotgun as my "main" skill but seriously, 2-3 shots and I'm out of mana (wth?). I have 11 points spirit healing and extraction gem on my weapon and every skill still drain mana like crazy. Packs of mobs aren't always with 5-7 mobs so either of my skill replenish my mana.

So question to you, more experienced than me. Is there a good way for sustain while PvE or i HAVE to use potions over and over? If there is a way, please help me and share because i'm loosing my mind right now and want to throw my PC out of the window.

Rangers are the most resource intensive class in the game by far, no contest.

We always have to use potions like crazy, once we get XL potions things get a bit better but we still require good resource management. Like victor said, our only real source of regaining mana is Q-cancelling (Blasting Gust cancelling) on 4-5+ mobs. Thankfully the explosion radius on BG is pretty large. However, this does not solve all of our problems as Q-cancelling eats up stamina just like every other ability we have. So you're trading stamina for mana, however you need both resources to efficiently clear. 

Posted

So what you guys saying is Q cancel for large pack to replenish mana. What about less mobs? It happens very often when from big pack only 1-3 survive. What is "best skill" for taking care of those survivors? Razor Wind?

Posted

So what you guys saying is Q cancel for large pack to replenish mana. What about less mobs? It happens very often when from big pack only 1-3 survive. What is "best skill" for taking care of those survivors? Razor Wind?

Razor Wind is okay, but you have no way to regenerate mana on small packs/single targets outside of drinking potions or auto-attacking. 

Posted

Yes, Razor Wind. Or don't focus on single mobs, move to the next big pack :) Unless you have to.

Posted

I'm still new to ranger, but I use one of the combos/cancels/whatever to gain some mana, even on 1 enemy. (5+ Q cancel is better ofc). 

I hit the target with a single shot (mostly to fixate my target) and keep firing by holding the mouse button and start smashing A->F->A->F->A->F(...) (or D->F) repeatedly. This makes my character to move sideways really fast and this gives me relatively good mana.

Sorry for the bad explanation, but I think you should give it a try. Just don't expect wonders. :)

Posted

Yeah I bring royal wagon, fill it with about 600 mana pots, and 200 in inventory, lasts me about 1.5-2 hours.  All of my regular loot just goes to pay for my mana pots, I don't understand how people can make any money farming, unless they get rare loot like mark of shadows and witch earrings.(I farm monastery)

I use mana so fast. that most of the time I've exhaust my full mana pool and im still have to wait 2 seconds before I can use the potion.

EES does not do any dmg, its a waste of time and potions. I only use it to reposition my-self. I can spam, about 3-5 shotguns, before I've drained my mana pool, and the mana potion cooldown isnt able to keep up with me, and I'm just stuck waiting.

Ranger class has atrocious resource problems. I am actually thinking of just playing tamer.

Posted

They should up the return (& maybe the cost) of mana regen to make it more of a viable investment. Currently (and even with the XL mana pots) the resource cap, associated skills, and high mana-drain is unwarranted imo.

Posted

if i farm normal mobs (around 4-5 mob grp) i dont have any problem with mana. why? i have an extraction gem on my mainweapon and use mostly EES (yeah it was nerved and yes you have to jump a little but shotgune always left 1-2 mobs alive and the time at the end i got from using shotgun+ kill last mobs + get to next grp is the same as using some more EES umbrella hops). Sometimes in between i start with the razor wind if i rly got less mana from the last pack (or even for when 1 mob is left ^^ ).

Maybe its not perfect killspeed, maybe not soooo efficient as using shotgun and let 1-2 mobs behind BUT it is less to none mana pot and therefore more i get out at the end then always using the pots ^^

Posted

Another mana saving farming method is to spam TA+PW. Max out PW for that.

Posted

I think mana consumption is broken on rangers. I spend over 1 million a day just to play the class (just in mana potions). I'm considering retiring it. I'm getting really sick of buying mana potions and that garbage at the bottom of our skill tree is completely useless.

Posted (edited)

You should try extraction crystals. They help me a lot when farming. They're not ideal with regards to pvp, but it's worth dropping w/e gems your using for extraction crystals until node wars/sieges come out.

Edited by Keegan

Posted

You should try extraction crystals. They help me a lot farming. They're not ideal with regards to pvp, but it's worth dropping w/e gems your using for extraction crystals until node wars/sieges come out.

All PvP that goes on right now is essentially worthless, as Keegan said.

The more you farm, the more gear/levels you'll have for when the meaningful PvP is released. I'd just go with Extraction crystals, +1 or +2 mana on hit will make your life insanely easier. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You are farming the wrong place to complain about using to much on mana pots. Ogre Ring, Witch's Earring or Mark of Shadow are all money drain until you get that one loot that you're farming. Places like Wandering Rogue, Manes, or sausan all gives a positive money flow. even with our heavy use on mana pots. If you want a positive money flow on the places you're farming you should upgrade the node to get a higher drop rate on exchange items, though Ogre Ring will still cost you in mana pots.

That aside, getting the extraction gem on your main weapon help's alot. Q cancel on larger mob packs will give you mana back, also try to gather the mobs in a bigger pack(kite them) so you can spam shotgun a while longer. Leave the 1 mob standing(if any are still standing), this game mob spawn rate allow you to move on the next pack, as ranger pve for mana consumption goes, we need the mobs that we're killing to stack together for a effective exp/loot grind. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0