• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Best of Edan 1v1 Ladder (May/June)

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

After decent success at hosting the Best of Edan: Warrior Edition tournament, I've decided to start up a monthly PvP ladder for Edan. I know that a large majority of the community is PvP oriented and waiting for some sort of competitive outlet, sieges ect. I'm hoping that this can serve as one of those outlets, and if this ladder does well I wouldn't mind starting a 2v2 and 3v3 ladder too.

How the Ladder will work:

The Ladder will be operated via http://challonge.com/BoE_1v1_June using a Round Robin Tournament template. Each participate will be allowed a maximum of 3 sets of best of 5s per opponent, this is to prevent 2 players from "farming" points. In order to start a match you will need to contact your opponent as well as a referee to mediate the match and record the score. Placement within the ladder will be based off of a point system. For each win within a best of 5 you will earn 1 point, meanwhile if you lose at all you will lose 1 point per lose. For example if you with 3 matches and lose 2 in the set you will only earn 1 point. Meanwhile if you were to lose 3 and not win at all you would lose 3 points. On the last day of the month the winner will be declared based of whoever has the highest amount of points. 

Who is allowed to join:

Any and all players on the NA server Edan are able to join. Regardless of class, level, or gear quality. However keep in mind there will be no gear equalizing, don't expect to come into this with a full +7 Wizard level 50 and attempt to get first place.

What are the rules:

1: No Health Potions

2: No eggs

3: No Food buffs

4: No Pirate Rum/Mothers Day buffs(or any other event buff for that matter)

5: No Elixirs

6: Matches to be determined in a Best of 5 series, only 3 sets of Bo5 allowed per pair of participants in order to prevent point farming.

Breaking any rules during a match after being given a warning by a referee will result in being blacklisted (https://goo.gl/YiuVJ8). Blacklisted members will be unable to part take in the following ladders.

Whats the prize:

Prizes will be given to the First, Second, and Third Place winners of the Ladder at the end of the month. They will consist of:

1st Place: 10 Million Silver worth of their desired food/potion (Must be available on the market).

2nd Place: 5 Million Silver worth of their desired food/potion (Must be available on the market).

3rd Place: 3 Million Silver worth of their desired food/potion (Must be available on the market).

Entry Fee:

Each participant will be required to provide 5 Knight Combat Rations (http://bddatabase.net/us/item/9631/) before the start date of the ladder (May 20th). If you are joining after May 20th you will be expected to provide the entry fee at the time of being registered. Somehow participating in the tournament without the entry fee  will result in being placed on the Ladder blacklist(https://goo.gl/YiuVJ8). Being blacklisted will prevent you from ever entering the ladder again.

How to sign up:

In order to sign up simply go here http://goo.gl/forms/adaEdLXT8T

Moderators will then transfer your information to http://challonge.com/BoE_1v1_June

Sign ups will be open for the entire duration of the ladder, however if you fail to sign up before May 20th, you will not be able to input your character name into the challonge website. Instead you will be given a number to refer to.

Who are the referees:

- Lord_Titan

- Guerrero

- FIREBALL

Currently we are in need of more trusted referees to help record the match data and make sure the rules are being followed. If you wish to be a referee please contact Lord_Titan in-game or send me a private message here on the forums.

How to find opponents:

To find opponents to face off against either go to http://challonge.com/BoE_1v1_June , find their character name, and message them in game(recommended method because you can view their win/lose history on this page). Or you can look under the opponents list on this post and message them in game, you won't be able to view their match history here though.

When does the Ladder start and end?

The Ladder officially starts on May 20th and end on June 30th.

Participants:

- Family Name: House_Titan, Character Name: Lord_Titan, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: OwnX, Character Name: XANX, Class: Ranger

- Family Name: Boss, Character Name: Hebetate, Class: Plum

- Family Name: Sinistar, Character Name: Sinistar, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: LSD, Character Name: LSDeeznutz, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Willz, Character Name: Zanna, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Zexius, Character Name: Lightning_Farron, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: InTraining, Character Name: Planets, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: Yahwehs, Character Name: Guerrero, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: Andross, Character Name: Andross, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: ElvenGuard, Character Name: VeraSteel, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: Div, Character Name: Healbot, Class: Witch/Wizard

- Family Name: Ben, Character Name: Ben, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: House_RagingWind, Character Name: Sentinel_Glader, Class: Blader

- Family Name: Avatis, Character Name: Zante, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: Magebane, Character Name: Waye, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Blankey, Character Name: IttyBitty, Class: Tamer

- Family Name: Atrasor, Character Name: Atrasor, Class: Tamer

- Family Name: WeabooSlayer, Character Name: Lekcian, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: BlackUp, Character Name: Zajan, Class: Blader

- Family Name: Goebbels, Character Name: Adras_Tea, Class: Ranger

- Family Name: Celestes, Character Name: Serenei, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: Dinkus, Character Name: Dinkusa, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: Goatie, Character Name: Scapegoatie, Class: Berserker

- Family Name: Datboi, Character Name: Reckless, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Chink, Character Name: Water, Class: Berserker

- Family Name: Ascendant, Character Name: Mistborn, Class: Tamer

- Family Name: Frequentkey, Character Name: Frequent, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: Aska, Character Name: Chenska, Class: Tamer

- Family Name: Sfred911, Character Name: Sfred, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Nanoir, Character Name: Chireadan, Class: Warrior

- Family Name: Vaskrix, Character Name: Mamafranku, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: TermsofUse, Character Name: Yanni, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: Shakingstone, Character Name: Bamette, Class: Sorceress

- Family Name: Ahly, Character Name: Loyal, Class: Valkyrie

- Family Name: Vudu, Character Name: Bia, Class: Witch/Wizard

Edited by ITitan
4 people like this

Posted

Nice, good job on the layout and organization of it all :)

Posted

Having each participant give someone x amount of something isn't going to work. Whether you blacklist them or not afterwards. I feel like that part of the system has flaws in itself.

Posted

Having each participant give someone x amount of something isn't going to work. Whether you blacklist them or not afterwards. I feel like that part of the system has flaws in itself.

Been pointed out by several people, the system has been slightly changed to fix it. Thank you though.

Posted

How can you make sure no one used any of the banned items?

Posted

You can hit someone a couple times to see their buffs I believe.

Posted

Any buff will be present underneath their health bar which is easily seen. As for health pots/eggs? Thats simple.

Posted

can we have a Blader/plum bracket so we don't feel left out

Posted

can we have a Blader/plum bracket so we don't feel left out

Sadly I won't have enough time to make individual ladders for each class. Although theres nothing stopping you from signing up and challenging only other blader/plums.

Posted

I only fight for money, what kind of Micky Mouse is this crap, food rations gtfo...

Posted

I only fight for money, what kind of Micky Mouse is this crap, food rations gtfo...

Any self respecting player is rotating all food buffs 24/7 

I'm assumimg you know you can't trade anything in game except food/pots therefore the food you're getting is your money

Posted

Any self respecting player is rotating all food buffs 24/7 

I'm assumimg you know you can't trade anything in game except food/pots therefore the food you're getting is your money

I guess you didn't get my statement. Real money.  

f6590d020196d35c0e76b035d54afbfd.jpg

Posted

you know, I was going to shit post this, but whatever, it's a step in the right direction at least.

Posted

7 sign ups after day 1. Hopefully we can atleast quadruple that if not more before May 20th.

Posted

bump

Posted

bump 

Posted

Welcome Guerrero as our first new referee! Thanks so much for stepping up to the plate!

Posted

Seems fun, count me in

Posted

Seems fun, count me in

Glad to have ya. 10 members signed up thus far.

Posted

So the concept of trading food buffs for prizes is great... but how are you going to actually facilitate that?

You are aware that if you trade the food, you can NOT trade it again.  So if I trade you 10 combat rations, you are unable to trade that to the winner.  You would essentially have an absurd number of them on your character, then have to go to the market and buy fresh ones to distribute to winners.  This would be feasibly with a large number of players willing to "take payments" and then buy the equivalent number to give to the winners, but is more than a bit of a headache.  Personally, I wouldn't mind something without a prize pool - but then I already have 80 untradeable knight's rations on me, so perhaps I'm biased.

Posted

I think what Ackilles is trying to say, is that he wants more untradeable food items.

I might sign up.. it does sound fun.

Posted

So the concept of trading food buffs for prizes is great... but how are you going to actually facilitate that?

You are aware that if you trade the food, you can NOT trade it again.  So if I trade you 10 combat rations, you are unable to trade that to the winner.  You would essentially have an absurd number of them on your character, then have to go to the market and buy fresh ones to distribute to winners.  This would be feasibly with a large number of players willing to "take payments" and then buy the equivalent number to give to the winners, but is more than a bit of a headache.  Personally, I wouldn't mind something without a prize pool - but then I already have 80 untradeable knight's rations on me, so perhaps I'm biased.

The entry fees will be collected by myself, and at the end of the Ladder I will be re-purchasing new Knights Combat Rations to distribute to the winners. Its a hassle, but its much safer than trusting each participants to give the winners the Rations at the end.

I think what Ackilles is trying to say, is that he wants more untradeable food items.

I might sign up.. it does sound fun.

I hope you do, the more people that sign up the more likely these events will happen more often.

Posted

Theres already ppl complaining that i should not be allowed to enter it because i have 180 ap

Posted

Theres already ppl complaining that i should not be allowed to enter it because i have 180 ap

Posted

Sheesh, what class?