• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New lvl 50 Musa after 55 warrior: my experience

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello all, 

New lvl 50 Musa here and after going through the lvlin experience, there are my experiences and observations below.

The goodies:

1. Having played warrior with lvl 55 with +15 gear, this has been a breath of fresh air. The mobility and fluidity of battle was definitely a plus. +1
  2. Healing isn't amazing because it comes mostly through a cooldown (Tiger blade/divider? Ultimate Nemesis slash is epic Feel free to correct me if im wrong) but significantly superior to warrior and fills my HP up every time. +1
  3. While leveling, 1 barely took any dmg because i rolled a +15 grunil set. Killing mobs was significantly faster, even at later levels towards 50 with +12/13 weapons. +1 for nice aoe dmg.
  4. DMG is great at lvl 50 in Mediah, significantly better than my warrior at the same AP. I don't see an AP bug.

The baddies:

1. Now i know what people mean about the DP bug. The big guys at the Manes area (not the elite) literally takes 400+ HP in a hit. This is with 174DP. My warrior takes at 100-150HP dmg from that. So, yes something is off around here, or classes come with innate dmg reduction that I am not aware of.
  2. Cosmetic: Outfits are mostly horrid.
  3. Pvp. Lets just say That based on my warrior 1-55 (90AP/200DP)  I honestly feel that pvp is in such a mess that I am simply not going to bother with it, unless its about defending my right to a farming spot. Given what fellow Musas are saying about pvp...Yeah, I'll skip

Anyways, I've generally had so much fun that I got him a Karlstein outfit, and the fact that I got him 2 weapons to +15 (from +14) in around 10 stones makes me think its a good start in the gearing process. Crrently around 97AP/174DP, looking forward to getting around 120AP/150DP and making monies to get a liverto blade.

TLDR: Musa is really fun for me, but yes something is definitely off with the DP. 

Edited by madkimchi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Coming from Warrior as well, I've long been waiting for the class. Level 55 atm.
Was very disappointed at first but after the "adjusting" patch with the last update, I'm not so salty.

PvE-wise, my damage is pretty good. For the DP thing, I think that the class is meant to stay agile and CC as much as possible, aka not get hit. I also think that Musa/Maehwa need some Evasion for PvE. I noticed a big difference after maxing the Evasion passive, though it only gives Melee Evasion so the ranged mobs are still a bit annoying, especially when they do back damage to you. Since Evasion is a RNG stat, I use White Horn Warrior horn bow (dp/evasion) for harder mobs that can unpredictably kill me in a second, like pirates and sausans.

For healing, you should really get Ultimate: Nemesis Slash (480 HP heal, 30s cooldown), really worth it and much better than Divider imo (I got it just at rank I, too expensive to upgrade). I don't have Tiger Blade ranked, it's kind of useless in 1v1 PvP (no CC, weak damage except one skill with a big wind up). Might rank it one day just to try it if I don't feel stingy with skill points. At level 30-40 the damage was pretty nice but I doubt it's the same at 50+.

PvP-wise, the class is having trouble mainly due to the awakening CC and iframe nerfs. It can still do well but you'll need not only good stats but, due to the nerfs, you'll also have to make very good use of your CC, block and rage ultimate.

This time, the Evasion stat has minimal role and before the "adjusting" patch you could literally die in 2 hits, even with 170 DP.
After the patch, things are much more better now. You're still squishy but can take a little beating, or at least walk out near death after knockdown.

Edited by Salaryman

Posted

The problem isnt dmg against mobs, the problem is we can hardly kill in pvp, because of the ccnerf we cant burst anyone within a stun.  Potions save ur opponent 9/10 times unless u can unleash a clean 100% on his face.  

So yea, right now hes pretty useless at his role as he cant kill anything in time to get out of the battle using his mobility (whats left of it). 

I'd say right now the only class capable of fullfilling such a roll like a boss is a sorc.

But i definitely agree on the dmg PVE part. As long as u can keep dancing around the mobs u can kill pretty fast.

Posted

You guys know the latest patch was a musa nerf making our 100% black spirit rage deal less dmg in pvp right? lol. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys know the latest patch was a musa nerf making our 100% black spirit rage deal less dmg in pvp right? lol. 

Haven't noticed a difference tbh. I still one shots squishies and bring others to near death (118 AP).

Can you confirm your claims?

Posted

Thanks for the post. I'm not max level yet but its nice to hear an opinion from a level headed player.

I myself have resigned to mostly stay away from PVP unless its in competition for a grinding spot. I know the class isnt fully balanced but there is a lot of stuff to do and enjoy in the game until they do fix it.

I find that I just have to dodge a lot on my Musa, which can be a pain but it really does make me pay attention when in mob camps.

I always tend to make sure I have an escape route when grinding and rotate around while fighting to make sure the hole isnt closed

Posted

Thanks for the post. I'm not max level yet but its nice to hear an opinion from a level headed player.

I myself have resigned to mostly stay away from PVP unless its in competition for a grinding spot. I know the class isnt fully balanced but there is a lot of stuff to do and enjoy in the game until they do fix it.

I find that I just have to dodge a lot on my Musa, which can be a pain but it really does make me pay attention when in mob camps.

I always tend to make sure I have an escape route when grinding and rotate around while fighting to make sure the hole isnt closed

Backward dash ignores mobs. Nice if you are surrounded. 

Posted

Backward dash ignores mobs. Nice if you are surrounded. 

Yup, I figured that one out, its just trying to make sure no archers or casters are at your back. They do some nasty damage.