• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

is this game a prank?

226 posts in this topic

Posted

RNG is okay. but to a certain extent.

Failstacking is the solution to this I think.  A system they already use.  After a certain number of boss kills the chance to get something should go up.  Farming for months with nothing to show for it is ridiculous.  Made worse when someone shows off their 15th weapon lol.  I get the pros behind a RNG based system (people love that slot machine feel) but only to a certain extent.

Posted

ofc it is, but there are issues when it comes to class balance and desync and there is a huge amount of botting and hacking going on, even hardcore players can't compete with that.

The biggest problem with discussing class balance is that people seem to think things are class balance issues when other factors come into play.

Desync:  Would Sorcs/Rangers be so "unstoppable" in 1v1 situations if it weren't for desyncs helping them?  Would Zerkers be as universally thought of as subpar in those same situations due to desyncs messing with grabs?  So it is a class balance issue or a desync/lag handling issue?

Boss Loot:  Should classes be balanced around their ability to receive loot because they dealt damage to a field boss?  That doesn't seem like what the game is balancing around, so is class balance to blame, or are the loot/fight mechanics to blame?

When exactly is it a class balance issue?

Posted

How can a company screw up so badly unless it was intentional? 

1: Half channels are unplayable during half of the week since release and nothing has been done about it.

2: Hackers, bots

3: Outrageous and simply disrespective cashgrab prices with the store for bound to a single character items ... when the game is b2p...

4: Almost non-existent customer support. They wouldn't be overwhelmed if they had done their job right and i don't see how's it our concern that they're overwhelmed when this is a paid service and they should deliver. This would never fly in actual real life and there would be consequences. Not to mention how bad the customer support page is. I had an issue for which i wanted to contact them and i couldn't even find how to do it and gave up. 

5: insane class imbalance 

6: the drop RNG is not real RNG as there are currently people running around with four kzarka weapons and others with 20+ livertos while there are people like me , with 150 visible AP + more hidden AP + i've been in grp with sorcs on bosses (for the ap buff) and have never gotten liverto, kzarka, tree spirit belt, ogre ring in my entire playtime and im online 16-18h a day. This point alone is enough for every sane and normal person to quit the game. I would too and perhaps still will..

7: the RNG in general is so retarded and unfair and unrewarding and its just a mockery for human-hours invested. You can farm for a week and have it all disappear due to RNG and someone can farm for 10 minutes and be richer than you due to RNG.. and how the hell did anyone think releasing a game like this is okay? There isn't a korean mmo with more rng than bdo and we haven't even gotten to the +16/20 part yet

8: field bosses are so -----ing bad, like holy -----ing shit. I just went to a field boss as melee. Lvl 57. Full +15 ultimate armor with +2 accessories and i got oneshot 10m behind the boss in block and lost red battleground crystal + black spirit crystal at the same time which is about 24million in total. In the end i got 100k and 2 blackstones while a lvl 50 ranger with less than 90 ap gets liverto bundle and later bheg gloves

9: desync - because imbalanced pvp wasn't enough , lets add some desync which accidentally ends up helping the already best classes in the game (witch sorc ranger) even more , altho im sure they suffer from desync as well

10: volunteer moderators abusing their powers on forums 

am i forgetting something? 

What has Daum done to fix any of these issues? a failed maintenance that increased instead reduce desync, some joke ranger nerf that didn't change anything/matter at all, reduced costume price by 3$ and some random 2% drop increase buffs..? even their compensations look like a mockery 

why am i still here? because maybe im not a 13 year old gamehopping kid and ivé been waiting for bdo for awhile and there isn't any other mmorpg worth playing at the moment, but that doesn't mean that I, or you, should be okay with all these issues.. it doesn't even look like they are trying 

1. They're being cheap on the hardware

2. That's every game. Let us find every other game out there a joke.

3. It's the korean way

4. They're using Zendesk. That's highly known for being slow at everything.

5. they don't test before they implement.

6. You're just unlucky

7. Nodes aren't even working right now and I personally doubt the luck boost does either.

8. Field bosses are retarded, because they're balanced according to ranged classes. They also have the fix their damn random teleporting, which would be solved with better hardware for the servers.

9. solved with better hardware for the servers

10. They're most likely younger than 18 or never had any power and they think it's okay to overuse.

Posted

The biggest problem with discussing class balance is that people seem to think things are class balance issues when other factors come into play.

Desync:  Would Sorcs/Rangers be so "unstoppable" in 1v1 situations if it weren't for desyncs helping them?  Would Zerkers be as universally thought of as subpar in those same situations due to desyncs messing with grabs?  So it is a class balance issue or a desync/lag handling issue?

Boss Loot:  Should classes be balanced around their ability to receive loot because they dealt damage to a field boss?  That doesn't seem like what the game is balancing around, so is class balance to blame, or are the loot/fight mechanics to blame?

I agree with you on this.  They need to fix the servers in a real bad way before they start eyeing any real nerfs.  Desync makes sorc a massive pain in the ass.  Nearly unkillable since trying to grab one borders on impossible sometimes.  If that issue went away the pvp scene might shift a bit.  The last thing they should be doing is nerfing/buffing classes in an attempt to combat server problems.

Posted

CoD- Infinite Warfare is a Prank just saying

Posted

smallest-violin.jpg?w=440

Posted

If it is a "prank" it is a pretty detailed and involved one. Those are the best kind too but I would then label it more as a Sting if money is involved. There is honey that workers can harvest in game too. Maybe that's the clue? 

Posted

agreed rng is cancer and shouldn't play a big part of the game

Posted

It's a class balance issue when a ranger can 1v50 a WHOLE GUILD. Let me say that again to isnk in, A WHOLE GUILD. And don't you give me that "Oh but he was better geared" complete crap! I'm a Valkyrie. Even if i get +20 everything(as op as it is in Korea) I still can't do a 1v50. No mobility, not enough aoe, not enough instakill from range(WTF DAUM??? A SPELL THAT DOES 100-0 FROM RANGE AND CAN BE COMBINED WITH A MOBILITY ANI-CANCEL????????????????). 

Not even going to talk about sorcs. Yes you know them, the ones that get into the middle of your 50 man guild fight and just jump around killing people left and right and making 30 people keep trying to stun them to no avail cuz the iframe is even longer than the animation AND there is desync! What the F daum?? Please for the love of god nerf it. I don't wanna see them unplayable, I wanna see a "sorc iframe time has been reduced to 2/3 of it's duration and ranger shotgun damage has been reduced with range, so for every meter between you and the opponent the damage drops....cuz it's a -----ing SHOTGUN NOT A SNIPER!

Posted

6: the drop RNG is not real RNG as there are currently people running around with four kzarka weapons and others with 20+ livertos while there are people like me , with 150 visible AP + more hidden AP + i've been in grp with sorcs on bosses (for the ap buff) and have never gotten liverto, kzarka, tree spirit belt, ogre ring in my entire playtime and im online 16-18h a day. This point alone is enough for every sane and normal person to quit the game. I would too and perhaps still will..

7: the RNG in general is so retarded and unfair and unrewarding and its just a mockery for human-hours invested. You can farm for a week and have it all disappear due to RNG and someone can farm for 10 minutes and be richer than you due to RNG.. and how the hell did anyone think releasing a game like this is okay? There isn't a korean mmo with more rng than bdo and we haven't even gotten to the +16/20 part yet

And this is the reason I try not to get hung up on chasing down super-rare items anymore.  Any game where I fell into that trap eventually made me hate the game.  If I can't buy it or, preferably, craft it, then I don't care.  I'm not breaking my neck and pulling my hair out over a few AP.  

1 person likes this

Posted

"real rng"

Posted

Despite it being a QQ topic, I can sympathize with the RNG/Drop Rate insanity.

I've been farming for three weeks on Old and Twin Treants. Never got a belt. Both are S Rank and my node is now level 9. I've spent 3,000 loyalty on blessings to help my chances and still -----ing nothing.

So I decided to take it a step further and farm Mutant Trees...
b5FHFPz.png

This is just from today....and still no -----ing belt. I've fallen behind in gear, money, levels, and I'm beyond frustrated. Meanwhile I know people that walk in, spend five minutes, and get one...or two sometimes. There is a point where RNG is a deal breaker and I'm very close to dropping the game. I'm having relapses of Warframe and farming for the last piece of Rhino Prime...and that ended up making me quit.

Waz up Saiyer how ya been? Yeah I saw 1 belt drop yesterday wasn't on all day though

Posted

Despite it being a QQ topic, I can sympathize with the RNG/Drop Rate insanity.

I've been farming for three weeks on Old and Twin Treants. Never got a belt. Both are S Rank and my node is now level 9. I've spent 3,000 loyalty on blessings to help my chances and still -----ing nothing.

So I decided to take it a step further and farm Mutant Trees...
b5FHFPz.png

This is just from today....and still no -----ing belt. I've fallen behind in gear, money, levels, and I'm beyond frustrated. Meanwhile I know people that walk in, spend five minutes, and get one...or two sometimes. There is a point where RNG is a deal breaker and I'm very close to dropping the game. I'm having relapses of Warframe and farming for the last piece of Rhino Prime...and that ended up making me quit.

rhino prime is vaulted :3

Posted

It's a class balance issue when a ranger can 1v50 a WHOLE GUILD. Let me say that again to isnk in, A WHOLE GUILD. And don't you give me that "Oh but he was better geared" complete crap! I'm a Valkyrie. Even if i get +20 everything(as op as it is in Korea) I still can't do a 1v50. No mobility, not enough aoe, not enough instakill from range(WTF DAUM??? A SPELL THAT DOES 100-0 FROM RANGE AND CAN BE COMBINED WITH A MOBILITY ANI-CANCEL????????????????). 
Not even going to talk about sorcs. Yes you know them, the ones that get into the middle of your 50 man guild fight and just jump around killing people left and right and making 30 people keep trying to stun them to no avail cuz the iframe is even longer than the animation AND there is desync! What the F daum?? Please for the love of god nerf it. I don't wanna see them unplayable, I wanna see a "sorc iframe time has been reduced to 2/3 of it's duration and ranger shotgun damage has been reduced with range, so for every meter between you and the opponent the damage drops....cuz it's a -----ing SHOTGUN NOT A SNIPER!

Just to be clear here.  Your guild of 50 went against 1 ranger and lost?  Dude I wouldn't go around advertising that.  Not exactly a good recruiting pitch.

(If this really happened your guild has some massive problems, rangers are not that OP...)

1 person likes this

Posted

Just to be clear here.  Your guild of 50 went against 1 ranger and lost?  Dude I wouldn't go around advertising that.  Not exactly a good recruiting pitch.

(If this really happened your guild has some massive problems, rangers are not that OP...)

Yeah wtf I haven't been 1 shot in a while and my gear isn't that great. 97/190

Posted (edited)

im online 16-18h a day. This point alone is enough for every sane and normal person to quit the game.

Wow.

Edited by Daas

Posted

I am  level 54 warrior with 96 AP and 200 DP and I s--- on rangers and sorcs. Even gone 3v1 against decently geared sorc, ranger, and valk and I destroyed them all. It's not a matter of the class being OP it is a matter of being OP at your class

Posted

0 out of 50 of those guild members were Zerks who could grab-chain the Ranger?  All 50 just stood in shotguns?  No one got any CC off?

No, let's talk about Sorcs, because not talking about them is the reason why everyone thinks they are imbalanced.  The other day, my guild sparred with members of a different guild who outleveled and outgeared us.  To level the playing field, we did several 2v4/2v5s, sometimes against 2 of their sorcs, sometimes against 1 sorc 1 tamer, or 1 sorc 1 warrior, etc.  Regardless, there was always a sorc, and in several of the matches when I wasn't trying something new I made it my job to linebacker the Sorc into the ground as they charged our Wizard.  We won several, and we lost several, since we had some people even less geared than I was (in +13s/+14s armor, no pri/duo anything, 1 outlaw ring, +13 offhand).

You know what the biggest issue was?  Desync.  Going for a grab and the Sorc just happening to be somewhere else.  Going for a chain grab and the Sorc slipping away weirdly.

So where's the issue with Sorc, exactly?  You have 50 people allowing a single Sorc to just port around?  No Zerk pressure, timing Lava Piercer into grabs while they Dark Flame for burst?  It's fairly predictable.  After a few Night Crows, they have to do something else to get their stam back, so be on the lookout.  You have Super Armor while Lava Piercing and you have Super Armor while grabbing.  You get the grab off, you chain into a rock smash, you hold the sorc above your head, and the sorc evaporates into the air.

So stop complaining and find some people who know how to play the game and don't chalk up every loss to something wrong with the game itself.  This 1v50 exaggerated bullshit makes you look like a man-baby.

2 people like this

Posted

7: the RNG in general is so retarded and unfair and unrewarding and its just a mockery for human-hours invested. You can farm for a week and have it all disappear due to RNG and someone can farm for 10 minutes and be richer than you due to RNG.. and how the hell did anyone think releasing a game like this is okay? There isn't a korean mmo with more rng than bdo and we haven't even gotten to the +16/20 part yetyet

To be fair we have conformation that you can hack your drop rates by giving yourself a ton of luck. Thats why some people are so loaded. Someone on Reddit linked to a few sites that say as much.

Posted

To be fair we have conformation that you can hack your drop rates by giving yourself a ton of luck. Thats why some people are so loaded. Someone on Reddit linked to a few sites that say as much.

How much luck would make a real difference?  A ton could mean 5 to 15.

(I bought some underwear so I'm off to either a good or a slow start.)

Posted

How much luck would make a real difference?  A ton could mean 5 to 15.

(I bought some underwear so I'm off to either a good or a slow start.)

A few hundred. 

Posted (edited)

I agree with some of your points, especially the field bosses, and the unbalance in pvp. 

What I would like to see is the Korean version of pvp activation through a quest on our version. Better yet, just make it so while doing afk tasks, you can't be attack by others. I understand killing someone that is taking your mob kills, but killing someone afk is completely pointless. 

There are way too many immature -----gobblers on this game that take their anger out on people that are afk (because they can't win if the person was actually fighting back), so that they can feel good about their crap life. 

Edited by Ishamaelronin

Posted

when is the soft cap getting raised?

Posted

A few hundred. 

Okay.  Wow.  Then I better get to researching this.  I'd love to have an edge on my drop rates... so long as it's legit.

Posted

Okay.  Wow.  Then I better get to researching this.  I'd love to have an edge on my drop rates... so long as it's legit.

He is talking about a hack , and you are wondering wether it's legit? Did you not read the post properly?