• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone hate the Valkyrie Awakening?

177 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The mobility looks terrible, no combos and the movement attack look so predictable. No seriously... take a look for yourself. She does like 90% of the same animation.

Not only does it look ridiculous. It looks too heavy especially when you have a tiny character like mine. No I'm not complaining about realism but I can complain about how ridiculous this thing looks.

http://i.imgur.com/RxCT8aL.jpg

It's a thing twice the size of your character wielded with one hand. It's not a weapon, it's an embarrassment, some sort of giant comedy sea shell. Although the outfit looks amazing.

What were the developer thinking giving a lance twice their size which they wield in one hand. For starter, a lance is designed for mounted combat or used as short pikes against cavalry... but the types of lance used in actual combat were just basic spears. The type of lance they've given the Valkyrie not only destroy the developer description of the class  "Valkyrie melee weapon are more smooth and have elegance"  but the weapon is used for jousting... a sporting weapon that never even saw the battlefield. I'd be able to get past all the unrealism if it actually looked cool not ridiculously stupid. Why even turn the game into Tera or Soul Calibur?

The lance won't change but I though I give my opinion on this. Though got me thinking... don't think NA/EU voice matters anyway.

Edit: The lance awakening is fine but the christmas tree is throwing me off... I hope we get an option for a much smaller and normal looking Lance. Because this is just ridiculous.

Just saw the released of the Maewa Awakening. I just had a feeling that, that should of been the Valkyrie awakening because she wield it just like a Lance.

Wish I didn't level a Valkyrie to 55 but I'm not going to reroll, just gonna play another MMO. Hate when developers describe a class as something and then in the future completely destroy the original vision.

Edited by Gumo
11 people like this

Posted

i think it looks scary af. wouldn't want to fight a valk with awakening while ninja doesn't have any..

Posted

I would have to agree.  First off, they change Valks up by giving them lance and shield .. wow, so much different from sword and shield, not.  I am happy to see the shield is actually a shield, but the oversized pine cone beside it .. ugh.

3 people like this

Posted

God I hope I don't have to be force to use this gigantic ugly Christmas tree just to be competitive in PvP / PvE.

The mobility looks terrible, no combos and the movement attack look so predictable. 

Not only does it look ridiculous. It looks extremely too heavy especially when you have a tiny character like mine. No I'm not complaining about realism but I can complain about how ridiculous this thing looks.

http://i.imgur.com/RxCT8aL.jpg

It's not a weapon, it's an embarrassment, some sort of giant comedy sea shell. Although the outfit looks amazing.

I love the Valkyrie and I love the developers description of the Valkyrie "Valkyrie melee weapon are more smooth and have elegance

Seems like it isn't true at all now. The lance won't change but I though I give my opinion on this.

What what what?? 
Man valkyrie awakening is OP! Mobility is fast! Normal valk has no mobility, but awakened she is mobile. It doesn't really look ridiculous. You have a wrong impression, saying it's heavy by just looking at her visual is wrong.
There is a new korean streamer lately, he stream a level 58 valkyrie. You gotta watch him if you wanna know how good is awakened valk.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah I saw this and was like... that is seriously is ugly AF.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ya basically a copy and paste of TERA lancer

6 people like this

Posted

That's just the cash shop costume she launched with though, what does the lance look like normally?

Suppose I could log-in to the Korean client, but I'm feeling lazy today. Anyone have images of other costumes reworked for awakening, or even just her normal gear?

Posted

What what what?? Man valkyrie awakening is OP! Mobility is fast! Normal valk has no mobility, but awakened she is mobile. It doesn't really look ridiculous. You have a wrong impression, saying it's heavy by just looking at her visual is wrong.
There is a new korean streamer lately, he stream a level 58 valkyrie. You gotta watch him if you wanna know how good is awakened valk.

Got me curious .. so I watched some footage with it .. and she is still slow, and the weapon looks clunky and performs clunky.  A bit better mobility than she would normally have, but when compared to the other awakening weapons it looked like she was a slug.  The play style doesn't change at all.

Posted (edited)

her awakening costume shows underboob, though

Edited by guhugh

Posted

The most embarrassing thing on that image is her outfit.

I don't play valk but the awakening weapon looks much cooler to me than her tiny little shield and needle.

1 person likes this

Posted

:c

pine.thumb.png.73f31e34dd0f01a1104119c3c

Posted

I think she looks awesome!

black-desert-online-kr-valkyrie-gameplay

the picture you linked just has the worst armor and dye job possible.

11 people like this

Posted

her awakening costume shows underboob, though

Underboob, best boob!

Posted

Your a dude dressing as a sexy girl so men can look at and get booners but the weapon is ugly?

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure that's a costume... I'm not a fan either.

Posted

you dislike the awakening but you like the outfit? get the ----- out of here. that outfit is god-awful.

2 people like this

Posted

That underboob goodness, also similar to Tera lancer 

Posted

Ya basically a copy and paste of TERA lancer

like they didn't even try to make it look different at all srsly

Posted

Lance is a good idea, it's just the particular weapon skin being too fat. Something like this would be a lot better:

8994694-3d-rendered-metal-knights-lance-

4 people like this

Posted

I think she looks awesome!

black-desert-online-kr-valkyrie-gameplay

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I think it looks ridiculous. :P

I can't imagine using that thing in hand to hand combat.  It looks like a jousting lance, which would be used strictly from horseback.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dunno, I like the concept.  But I've never played a game with a weapon like this, so it's new to me.

Posted

I love it, gives BDO a true proper endgame tank.

looks insanely intimidating.

4 people like this

Posted

I love it, gives BDO a true proper endgame tank.

looks insanely intimidating.

i have to agree, its amazing imo.

1 person likes this

Posted

Totally hideous, and what is worst is that outfit (just gave up hope on proper armor for valk), was it to hard to go something like mystic knight  on dragon's dogma? it would have fit Valks perfectly, but no decided to come with the worst idea ever, something more like lancers from Monster hunter wich are fine in there considering their weapons materials, but here? I just doesnt fit the world at all.

img1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Probably has something to do with the fact that we associate lances with jousting found in stereotypical medieval movies, based on tacky jokes, like A Knight's Tale. It's not a weapon, it's for show. It's an unnecessary large and heavy blunt object with a pointy end that was never intended to be moved around like a sword, in fact, was never intended to be moved around at all, as they were often tied to the knight's arm, sometimes even the horse. And, even if you somehow were capable of moving this large object around like a sword, it wouldn't be of any benefit, because of its weight, balance and blunt shape, it's not ideal for blunt force like a hammer or mace. Carrying around a lance as a melee weapon is just as stupid as carrying around a giant cannon, but that doesn't stop game developers does it, and who's to say that it won't make its way to BDO as well?

Derp, derp, forward thrust, derp, forward thurst, use shield to deal cone damage, forward thrust, derp, derp, forward thrust, derp, hit minimal amount of mobs, derp, forward thrust, slow attack, derp, slow-slow attack, derp, derp, derp.

But, who am I to voice my opinion on the matter, when there are people out there who actually enjoy Michael Bay movies, and anime like Sailor Moon. These freaks of nature need to be catered, too.

4 people like this