• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone hate the Valkyrie Awakening?

177 posts in this topic

Posted

e8670522a4.jpg

There are two other cash skins you could choose from, or simply don't use a skin for it.

Sorry is that suppose to make me feel better? it's still huge.

1 person likes this

Posted

Did you expect a Lance to be the size of an umbrella?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Again, those are skins. Also yes lances are not tiny, granted they aren't that thick either but hey...high fantasy.

This is the base skin for the lance.

ValkyrieLance.png

Edited by Jefferson

Posted

OP somehow wouldn't be afraid of a woman swinging a tree at him. Or are you mad that it doesn't match your pumps?

Posted

e8670522a4.jpg

There are two other cash skins you could choose from, or simply don't use a skin for it.

Is the middle one the ZZ Top skin?

The lance on the right looks like someone twisted string cheese around a candle.

Posted

The animations for this, while a bit more detailed are almost direct rips of the Lancer from Tera. Anyone that has played a Lancer in Tera for any extended time will tell you this. Personally I don't care for this awakening at all. I think it should have gone an nontraditional route and went with something like a shield and whip...would have opened up a really unique play style and weapon for the Valkyrie while remaining true to the class.

Posted (edited)

no I mean intimidating because this is game and practicality is meaningless.

Lancer classes are scary, and coming more comon in KR games. Get used to it.

I PVPed in TERA, a lot, and I don't know of anyone who has ever felt intimidated by a Lancer. The most common response to seeing a Lancer has always been "Oh, it's just a Lancer," which is pretty much the same response we will have to seeing a Valkyrie awakening in BDO. It's a big, clumsy, easy to predict, dork, that barely functions properly.

It's just a game? Practicality is meaningless? Practicality has everything to say in immersion. Immersion has everything to say in why we're here playing this game to begin with. If immersion wasn't important we would all vote to get super-duper cool Titan Force outfits from TERA Online, because why the f*** not include super heroes from other universes into this fantasy genre.

TitanHEM.jpg

Or, maybe lightsabers. Hey, I think my Valkyrie would look really cool with a lightsaber in this game, and a Darth Vader helmet.

c7cdcee01f637f84b2a22fe40e1ae56f.thumb.j

Oh, and where's my police car mount? I want a police car mount. And a teddy bear costume. A sailor suit would be nice.

It would make perfect sense if my valkyrie was using a pitch fork. Pitch forks are cool to some people, because of Poseidon, or whatever, even though Poseidon has nothing to do with Valkyries what so ever. And, instead of a shield, my valkyrie could just use a lifebuoy. I mean, how is this not the most threatening shield you have ever seen?

depositphotos_49570763-Confident-Doctor-

Part from that cold stethoscope threatening my delicate skin that's one intimidating looking dude holding that lifebuoy. I would want to mess with him while he was holding that!

Oh, and three Korean RPG's is hardly common, but yeah, sure, let's pretend that three out of a thousand equals a majority.

Edited by Hrafna
6 people like this

Posted

a smaller lance may work

Posted

It looks terrible (Warrior awakening also does) like freaking shounen anime

This kind of thing is why I never buy asian MMOs, because they're visual syphilis, this one just snuck it in the back door bait&switch style after the fact

Posted

It looks terrible (Warrior awakening also does) like freaking shounen anime

This kind of thing is why I never buy asian MMOs, because they're visual syphilis, this one just snuck it in the back door bait&switch style after the fact

so you like western mmorpg where everything looks green and tiny with awful texture/art

Posted

I PVPed in TERA, a lot, and I don't know of anyone who has ever felt intimidated by a Lancer. The most common response to seeing a Lancer has always been "Oh, it's just a Lancer," which is pretty much the same response we will have to seeing a Valkyrie awakening in BDO. It's a big, clumsy, easy to predict, dork, that barely functions properly.

It's just a game? Practicality is meaningless? Practicality has everything to say in immersion. Immersion has everything to say in why we're here playing this game to begin with. If immersion wasn't important we would all vote to get super-duper cool Titan Force outfits from TERA Online, because why the f*** not include super heroes from other universes into this fantasy genre.

TitanHEM.jpg

Or, maybe lightsabers. Hey, I think my Valkyrie would look really cool with a lightsaber in this game, and a Darth Vader helmet.

c7cdcee01f637f84b2a22fe40e1ae56f.thumb.j

Oh, and where's my police car mount? I want a police car mount. And a teddy bear costume. A sailor suit would be nice.

It would make perfect sense if my valkyrie was using a pitch fork. Pitch forks are cool to some people, because of Poseidon, or whatever, even though Poseidon has nothing to do with Valkyries what so ever. And, instead of a shield, my valkyrie could just use a lifebuoy. I mean, how is this not the most threatening shield you have ever seen?

depositphotos_49570763-Confident-Doctor-

Part from that cold stethoscope threatening my delicate skin that's one intimidating looking dude holding that lifebuoy. I would want to mess with him while he was holding that!

Oh, and three Korean RPG's is hardly common, but yeah, sure, let's pretend that three out of a thousand equals a majority.

The salt is strong in this one

Posted

The salt is strong in this one

density_tower_2.thumb.jpg.e468eee19d2e6b

Posted

Posted

itll grow on you eventually. It looks pretty menacing tbh

Posted (edited)

Weapon looks amazing, i hope they release awekenings fast... here is my money.

edit: and real shield wtf? yesssss

Edited by Alerisa

Posted

Have any of you actually played the awakening?

Posted

Have any of you actually played the awakening?

The OP and others are complaining about how that specific lance skin looks, they aren't complaining about how the actual awakening functions. Sadly I wish it was that kind of thread since that would be a better topic of discussion rather than "I am displeased with this cosmetic thing that I'm not even forced to use."

:(

Posted

density_tower_2.thumb.jpg.e468eee19d2e6b

1salt.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

"I am displeased with this cosmetic thing that I'm not even forced to use."

You are forced to look at it though.

Which is why I try to PK anyone I see wearing wings

Posted

Not sure if we're discussing the looks of the awakening or the skills. But in my opinion, the awakening (just like any other class) will make it OP. Valkyries are already OP (I play one), they can heal, tank, burst dmg, block, stun etc. With the awakening, they'll be able to dash. Now they just need a big AOE attack to be the gods of all classes.

2 people like this

Posted

don't know anyone who is intimidated by lancer...? LOL

lancer is a 1v1 beast, and a staple of group PvP

dunno WTF you are talking about

Posted

If they want the lance to be long like they are IRL on horseback, make them "grow" larger when you have it out on horseback only, just like how your shield grows when you're in combat stance. But when on the ground, shrink that thing.

Posted

Just watch this 

Posted (edited)

So you basically didn't look at skins that come with it nor did you actually look at the skills or the gameplay. Yet you make a thread about how bad everything is. You actually deserve some prize with this one.

I like some of the lance skins more than others, but the weapon as a whole is cool. The skill animations go well with the look of the weapon. Smash the ground and plow all the rear ends.

Edited by Tyrfing

Posted (edited)

So you basically didn't look at skins that come with it nor did you actually look at the skills or the gameplay. Yet you make a thread about how bad everything is. You actually deserve some prize with this one.

I like some of the lance skins more than others, but the weapon as a whole is cool. The skill animations go well with the look of the weapon. Smash the ground and plow all the rear ends.

Oh I've seen it alright. I have a level 55 Valkyrie so I do look at the game play hence why I made the comments about how the combo is predictable etc... but its alright if you miss it. Not everyone is good at reading but you should work on it at your age though.

You like the lance skin... okay are you just mad that someone has a different view than you big boy? If you like the same repetitive animation over and over again, great good for you. But for some of us, we like variety.

Edit: Not everything I said is bad. I did say I didn't mind the Lance, if it was a smaller and more normal looking. Again, you missed that. So instead of claiming I do this and that I didn't watch the game play video etc... why don't you get the facts straight first? Might take awhile for you since your reading is not so good but trust me, its going to be worth it especially in the long run.

When you get the fact straight, you can give yourself that prize your talking about.

Edited by Gumo
1 person likes this