• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hacker Hunting Initiative

856 posts in this topic

Posted

We also want to assure you this is not the only action we are taking to block such activity, we are working with the Developers to improve game security as well as Xigncode to improve our automated detection system.

How about improve Xigncode to work with some Anti-Virus without disabling it?

4 people like this

Posted

Good to know thanks for keeping us up to date good hunting guys!!!

Posted

I would presume this is not retroactive, as I got 2 caught already :)..and working on a 3rd & 4th who run together

4 people like this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

The "word" out there in many gaming sites is that cooldown and invulnerability hackers are getting short 3 day bans. I was hoping your statement today would confirm that you're taking it more seriously than that when they're busted.

1 person likes this

Posted

The bans are permanent.

Awesome. Good to hear.

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

Unfortunately we have been getting reports of players who want to spoil Black Desert Online by cheating and hacking.  You have probably seen one of the various videos or threads reporting this type of behavior and it is important we make our stance clear.   We are aggressively pursuing those who think they can get away with this and banning their accounts.  For those who are taking the time to report these player, we thank you as your videos have been invaluable and request that you keep up the good work.

Much like yourself, the BDO Team wants Black Desert to be a game for everyone to enjoy, this means we cannot sit idly by and let this type of behavior exist.  We invite each of you to join us in the Hacker Hunting Initiative as we bring the banhammer down on those who can’t cut it without cheating.  We have setup a special queue for Hacker & Exploit Reports and going forward we will be rewarding those who submit video proof that confirms such activity.

Hacker & Exploit Report Form

Now to be clear all submissions will be reviewed by our staff and the video needs to visibly include the server, channel, evidence of cheating and name of the player in question.  When you submit a video as described above and it leads to the removal of the cheater you will earn one of the following rewards.  Please note these rewards are only given to the first five confirmed reports and reports on players that have already been banned will not receive an reward.  Once the investigation is complete and ban is finalized rewards will be sent out.

• Report a Bot
    If you find & report a player who is using third party software to automatically farm monsters, run trade packs etc. Please note that people AFK leveling horses and carrying tradepacks to level strength does not count. 
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 1 (1h)

• Report a Hacker
    If you find & report a player who is using third party software to bypass attack speed limitation, move at impossible speeds etc while they play the game.
    • 5x Elion’s Tears
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 2 (1h)

• Report a Disruptive Hacker
    If you find & report a player who is hacking to specifically interrupt other players such as griefing grinding locations, Field Bosses etc.
    • 10x Elion’s Tears
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 3 (1h)

We truly appreciate the support the Community has shown in putting a stop to this type of behavior and look forward to working in tandem with each of you as we help such players find a new game to spoil.  We also want to assure you this is not the only action we are taking to block such activity, we are working with the Developers to improve game security as well as Xigncode to improve our automated detection system.

Thanks again & Happy Hunting

-The BDO Team

Won't this rewards make people do false reports about hackers? This will make your work even harder. I mean if I don't like X player, now it's the time to report him.

Edited by Takeshy
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

The bans are permanent.

@CM_Jouska

Bans only effect accounts, and with cheats a player could be maxxed out within a week again so their impact on the server , being removed that is, is only felt for a short time.
As alot of the hackers use VPN's and Tunneling services, IP Bans would probably be out of the question because that would catch loyal players in the web.

Is Daum open to doing HWID bans ?
This has been VERY effective in bringing hacking to a crawl in games such as H1Z1

Edited by Visnja
5 people like this

Posted

Noice!

*readies katanas*

Let the heads roll.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Bans only effect accounts, and with cheats a player could be maxxed out within a week again so their impact on the server , being removed that is, is only felt for a short time.
As alot of the hackers use VPN's and Tunneling services, IP Bans would probably be out of the question because that would catch loyal players in the web.

Is Daum open to doing HWID bans ?

Not going to give specifics, but we utilize more than IPs.

14 people like this

Posted

Not going to give specifics, but we utilize more than IPs.

Good to hear, I Hope you reverse packet their *****es and dump 500 TB of Chinese Recipes onto their systems.

17 people like this

Posted

y our staff and the video needs to visibly include the server, channel, evidence of cheating and name of the player in question.  

How can I record the name of the player if hes wearing a ghilly suit? Do I have to let him kill me or kill him? That's not always possible :(

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

How can I record the name of the player if hes wearing a ghilly suit? Do I have to let him kill me or kill him? That's not always possible :(

A Flare, you can buy off the Marketplace.

2016-04-29_296046346.JPG

Edited by Visnja

Posted

mmm I don't know how to recognize a hacker or somebody like that

:c

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting initiative.

What is being done to combat those who give obviously false reports?

Presumably people who deal with these tickets are different to those who deal with customer support tickets? It would be good to make that clear, as some people have been waiting for weeks for a response, and a lack of clarity in this respect will likely cause frustration.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

please restrain yourself, this is not the right place to flame against "Gold farmers, Chinese grinders" and such. Please do not fallen to the dark side

Edited by Seska Larafey

Posted

Good to hear, I Hope you reverse packet their *****es and dump 500 TB of Chinese Recipes onto their systems.

I don't think... Internet protocol version.... Anything... Allows any of that.

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

Hmm, for someone disliking the witch-hunting...

Guess how many people will abuse the rewards. Brb making 2nd account to report myself and WTB video recording equipement while at it.

Posted

A Flare, you can buy off the Marketplace.

2016-04-29_296046346.JPG

Thanks, I did not know this

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think... Internet protocol version.... Anything... Allows any of that.

It's called " trying to be Being funny"
Thank you for enlightening us with common sense, and killing the good mood.

3 people like this

Posted

Hmm, for someone disliking the witch-hunting...

Guess how many people will abuse the rewards. Brb making 2nd account to report myself and WTB video recording equipement while at it.

I think you do not understand the method of witch hunting they demote.

It's called " trying to be Being funny"Thank you for enlightening us with common sense, and killing the good mood.

I wouldn't say it's common sense.
And sure thing. It's what I do.

1 person likes this

Posted

Won't this rewards make people do false reports about hackers? This will make your work even harder. I mean if I don't like X player, now it's the time to report him.

dude, they will obvioulsy check first to see if that player was really hacking or using a bot...

Posted (edited)

dude, they will obvioulsy check first to see if that player was really hacking or using a bot...

If all those hackers can manage packets they probably can also change their names to show in a video

Edited by Takeshy