• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hacker Hunting Initiative

856 posts in this topic

Posted

@CM_Jouska

The "word" out there in many gaming sites is that cooldown and invulnerability hackers are getting short 3 day bans. I was hoping your statement today would confirm that you're taking it more seriously than that when they're busted.

eh the bans are permament. After the duping incedent with zaka weapons and redface for example a lot of their inner circle got perma banned..

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Unfortunately we have been getting reports of players who want to spoil Black Desert Online by cheating and hacking.  You have probably seen one of the various videos or threads reporting this type of behavior and it is important we make our stance clear.   We are aggressively pursuing those who think they can get away with this and banning their accounts.  For those who are taking the time to report these player, we thank you as your videos have been invaluable and request that you keep up the good work.

Much like yourself, the BDO Team wants Black Desert to be a game for everyone to enjoy, this means we cannot sit idly by and let this type of behavior exist.  We invite each of you to join us in the Hacker Hunting Initiative as we bring the banhammer down on those who can’t cut it without cheating.  We have setup a special queue for Hacker & Exploit Reports and going forward we will be rewarding those who submit video proof that confirms such activity.

Hacker & Exploit Report Form

Now to be clear all submissions will be reviewed by our staff and the video needs to visibly include the server, channel, evidence of cheating and name of the player in question.  When you submit a video as described above and it leads to the removal of the cheater you will earn one of the following rewards.  Please note these rewards are only given to the first five confirmed reports and reports on players that have already been banned will not receive an reward.  Once the investigation is complete and ban is finalized rewards will be sent out.

• Report a Bot
    If you find & report a player who is using third party software to automatically farm monsters, run trade packs etc. Please note that people AFK leveling horses and carrying tradepacks to level strength does not count. 
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 1 (1h)

• Report a Hacker
    If you find & report a player who is using third party software to bypass attack speed limitation, move at impossible speeds etc while they play the game.
    • 5x Elion’s Tears
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 2 (1h)

• Report a Disruptive Hacker
    If you find & report a player who is hacking to specifically interrupt other players such as griefing grinding locations, Field Bosses etc.
    • 10x Elion’s Tears
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 3 (1h)

We truly appreciate the support the Community has shown in putting a stop to this type of behavior and look forward to working in tandem with each of you as we help such players find a new game to spoil.  We also want to assure you this is not the only action we are taking to block such activity, we are working with the Developers to improve game security as well as Xigncode to improve our automated detection system.

Thanks again & Happy Hunting

-The BDO Team

Very nice. Now how about a replay to Musa ?????? maybe ?

Posted

If all those hackers can manage packets they probably can also change their names to show in a video

and GM's can check server logs to verify video evidence. You seem.......worried.

Posted

If all those hacker scan manage packets they probably can also change their names to show in a video

no they cant, names are server side....

Posted

If all those hackers can manage packets they probably can also change their names to show in a video

Not sure if trolling.. or...

Either way, that's not how client/server interaction works(In most cases, including this one). Sorry.

Posted (edited)

Finally ! :D

Edited by Michał

Posted (edited)

and GM's can check server logs to verify video evidence. You seem.......worried.

Of course I'm worried. Made a report 2 weeks ago and I still see the guy who I reported running around in Hexe Sanctuary.

As I said, this rewards will raise false reports and it won't help. It's only time you are going to throw away to check if it's true or not. If you do a report that's because you care about this game not because you can get a reward with it.

Edited by Takeshy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

eh the bans are permament. After the duping incedent with zaka weapons and redface for example a lot of their inner circle got perma banned..

Yeah well, with all due respect, I rather hear this from the horse's mouth and not from random forum posters. There are posts in this site, reddit and other gaming sites passing off all kinds of crap as true.

Edited by Cisco99

Posted

I have a bad feeling some people might take advantage of this and edit evidence to get players they don't liked banned and get rewarded for it. I like the idea of going after hackers/exploiters, but I don't know if this is a good way to do it.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah, with these rewards the possibility for false reports are higher. Sure most of them would be false ones, but they need to take their time to look trough them. Not sure if it has the effect they had in mind for them :)

Posted

If it's done right, this is interesting.

Posted

Can we have Flairs (Family/Character Bound) added to the daily loyalty rewards, please?

It's called " trying to be Being funny"Thank you for enlightening us with common sense, and killing the good mood.

But it wasn't funny. It just came off as very ignorant as to how such things work.

1 person likes this

Posted

Epic move Daum. Faith restored.

Now what about actually making hacking harder by putting in some server side checks?

Posted

Give me 1 inventory slot + infinite flares and I'll help with hackers. You can keep the tears & gm blessing.

2 people like this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Unfortunately we have been getting reports of players who want to spoil Black Desert Online by cheating and hacking.  You have probably seen one of the various videos or threads reporting this type of behavior and it is important we make our stance clear.   We are aggressively pursuing those who think they can get away with this and banning their accounts.  For those who are taking the time to report these player, we thank you as your videos have been invaluable and request that you keep up the good work.

Much like yourself, the BDO Team wants Black Desert to be a game for everyone to enjoy, this means we cannot sit idly by and let this type of behavior exist.  We invite each of you to join us in the Hacker Hunting Initiative as we bring the banhammer down on those who can’t cut it without cheating.  We have setup a special queue for Hacker & Exploit Reports and going forward we will be rewarding those who submit video proof that confirms such activity.

/snip

Thanks again & Happy Hunting

-The BDO Team

holy hell, I'm sorry this is just a horrible idea. I appreciate that you want to stop hackers and cheats, but there are sooooo many players that throw around accusations of cheats without knowing what they are talking about. Yes, video evidence would help you filter this, but you've essentially told your player base "let's all go on a witch hunt". ...the potential to poison your player base just went thru the roof. You will now have your players scream "cheats" 10x as often. Cheating is obviously a negative gameplay, but players going around accusing or threatening people with cheat reports is just as negative and septic.

Players should be focusing their attention on bettering themselves, not policing the community. I love this game, and have been very supportive of the management by Daum, and will continue to do so, but I'm extremely disappointed that such an initiative would be put in place. I realize it comes from a desire to do something good, but this simply is not the way to go about it.

3 people like this

Posted

#crimestoppers

1 person likes this

Posted

Now what about actually making hacking harder by putting in some server side checks?

Nice thought and all but do you know of any game that is unhackable?

Sure let's add more lag and bad server performance... and then the hackers will move on to the next hacking method... and so on. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice to see u finally take a stand about this issue, but i'm kinda skeptic how effective u'll be.

What about the people that been abusing it until now and have stopped but are running around with gear that would normally take 2-3 months to achieve(meaning tri/tet/pen accessories and a lot more.

Will u investigate accounts like these and drop the ban hammer ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

no they cant, names are server side....

Not sure if trolling.. or...

Either way, that's not how client/server interaction works(In most cases, including this one). Sorry.

What they cannot do is the change the name that appears to others. However, it wouldn't be a stretch to change a player's name on their own client. 

Two hackers could, in theory, have one hacker record the other while the latter is using random names grabbed from the leaderboard, world, etc.

Edited by AXlOS

Posted

What they cannot do is the change the name that appears to others. However, it wouldn't be a stretch to change a player's name on their own client. 

Two hackers could, in theory, have one hacker record the other while the latter is using random names grabbed from the leaderboard, world, etc.

All videos are reviewed and confirmed against logs etc.

Posted

@CM_Jouska

IP bans please. they can just buy a new account and hack again and be geared within the week.

Posted

Two hackers could in theory have one hacker record the other while the latter is using random names grabbed from the leaderboard, world, etc.

^

To clarify, they should in theory, be able to change the names of characters around them.

But not themselves and how they appear to you. Since the server knows what it's supposed to be and does not need to check for that data.

Whether or not it does, I don't know.

It'd be a waste of data transit, though. As stated, not much of a reason I can see why they'd need to do that.

@CM_Jouska

IP bans please. they can just buy a new account and hack again and be geared within the week.

Not going to give specifics, but we utilize more than IPs.

Posted

I hope those rewards even entice people in top guilds to report their guild members who abuse the game. Zero respect for people who think they are good who cheat to get ahead.

Posted

So since i got you that hacker the other day by reporting it and spamming the forums.... and it was legit wheres my payout?

Torment_inc is my fam name

Posted

All videos are reviewed and confirmed against logs etc.

I support the que and request for video evidence. Rewarding it ....no, no, and god please no.