• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hacker Hunting Initiative

856 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

void

Edited by Kanser
Void
2 people like this

Posted

This is by far a horrible solution.

Ask players to record and post videos of suspicious players > Daum watches videos > Daum determines to ban or not to ban.

Easily exploitable: Which seeing so many innocent players getting banned has proven.

• Know someone that ticks you off or says something in chat you don't like or just wears/dyes something you don't like? Just follow them around with fraps (or any recording device you have installed) and record them while they grind/pvp/play and post any and all suspicious videos in trying to get them banned.
  • Try and have the player you want banned kill you by harassing them all while wearing un-enhanced armor and bare minimum DP which would get you killed in a few hits and record it > report the video in hopes said player get banned > WIN and troll to your friends/Reddit laughing all the way. 150+ AP vs 30-40 DP = instant kill which may also lead to instant ban? Great initiative.... 

We all know Daum is horribly under staffed and more then likely does not have the time nor the resources to FULLY investigate every video report which would involve getting exact times of incident and checking all combat damage logs within their system logs which can take hours if not days for each report so they just rely on random player videos?

Many people are now worried to even play this game once they reach top gear status just because of all these false positive and random trolls just trying to get someone banned out of jealousy and or harassment.

Better solution:

• Refine your hacking prevention software.
  • Remove the ability for clients to handle sensitive game actions such as cool downs, health, speed, etc.
  • Hire more employees to monitor players live in game and or FULLY investigate system logs on each and every report before a ban is issued.
3 people like this

Posted

This is by far a horrible solution.

Ask players to record and post videos of suspicious players > Daum watches videos > Daum determines to ban or not to ban.

Easily exploitable: Which seeing so many innocent players getting banned has proven.

• Know someone that ticks you off or says something in chat you don't like or just wears/dyes something you don't like? Just follow them around with fraps (or any recording device you have installed) and record them while they grind/pvp/play and post any and all suspicious videos in trying to get them banned.
  • Try and have the player you want banned kill you by harassing them all while wearing un-enhanced armor and bare minimum DP which would get you killed in a few hits and record it > report the video in hopes said player get banned > WIN and troll to your friends/Reddit laughing all the way. 150+ AP vs 30-40 DP = instant kill which may also lead to instant ban? Great initiative.... 

We all know Daum is horribly under staffed and more then likely does not have the time nor the resources to FULLY investigate every video report which would involve getting exact times of incident and checking all combat damage logs within their system logs which can take hours if not days for each report so they just rely on random player videos?

Many people are now worried to even play this game once they reach top gear status just because of all these false positive and random trolls just trying to get someone banned out of jealousy and or harassment.

Better solution:

• Refine your hacking prevention software.
  • Remove the ability for clients to handle sensitive game actions such as cool downs, health, speed, etc.
  • Hire more employees to monitor players live in game and or FULLY investigate system logs on each and every report before a ban is issued.

To be fair to Daum, @CM_Jouska and others have repeatedly said not to post the videos in the forums, or on this thread. The instructions have a hyperlink to where the videos and evidence are supposed to be submitted. That so many in this thread and on this forum are brain dead to the point of not recognizing or seeing the hyperlink (or ignoring it, take your pick) is just disappointing. Apparently the hyperlink should be flashing red with a "click me" so people actually use it. I've advocated that this thread be locked several times because users continue to break policies and post this shit on the forums. Intentionally or unintentionally, it is creating a septic environment. 

I have no problem with Daum asking for the community to support their efforts. I do not like this "initiative" or what its done. That said, I would reject the notion that Daum is not taking due diligence in reviewing the cases and handling them appropriately. They are taking an appropriate amt of time to review these carefully. 

I would recommend a couple slight revision to how things are being done though...

1. Stop responding to threads where you guys are saying "we will investigate" or something to that affect. Delete the threads or content and direct people to the proper reporting tools.

2. These threads are creating septic and unnecessary arguments and disagreements in the community. Just provide the instruction, delete all the responses on the thread, and lock the thread.

3. I get that you guys are being lenient with people because of the frustrations over hacking and what not, but you cannot expect people to follow your game policies and rules if you don't enforce them elsewhere as well. Warn these people that keep abusing the naming and shaming, and get the community to move on...reporting when and what is necessary, but focusing forums on game content, self-progression, and communicating to the community what is needed.

Posted

How about improve Xigncode to work with some Anti-Virus without disabling it?

its not possible, becouse xigncode is a "virus", i mean is doing same thinks...

Posted

The bans are permanent.

I still get a chuckle out of this.

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXgQ07J7j0   here is a vieo of a AFK hacker  with a God mode looking hack or maby infinet HP never the less he killed me a fe times befor i turnd my recorder on i wanted to record him killing me and farming with no skill CD but yea i could not get that after i turned on the recorder .

this is my furst time reporting a hacker so i dont really know if im puting this in the right place. so im sorryif i didant .

Posted (edited)

Arcing here. 

I just want to leave this here in response to the videos being posted of me and my guild. Throughout each video I hear people saying oh yeah we are gonna get some loot from the GM's for reporting this hacker. I want to remind you of the first post:

Edit: All reports will be thoroughly investigated, but if one happen to be done when knowing it was a player all along actions could be taken against the reporter's account. (If for instance you don't like a player, or want to get rid of someone farming at a popular farm spot knowing he's a real and legitimate player)

I'm not hacking.

I'll be taking videos of our future engagements, to post in retaliation. 

Edited by FootSteps
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Priam here.

I'm curious, do the GM's respond to the false allegations and let the reporters know that the user is in fact not hacking?

Cuz I really wanna see the egg on their faces.

Edited by Brodie07
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Arcing here. 

I just want to leave this here in response to the videos being posted of me and my guild. Throughout each video I hear people saying oh yeah we are gonna get some loot from the GM's for reporting this hacker. I want to remind you of the first post:

Edit: All reports will be thoroughly investigated, but if one happen to be done when knowing it was a player all along actions could be taken against the reporter's account. (If for instance you don't like a player, or want to get rid of someone farming at a popular farm spot knowing he's a real and legitimate player)

I'm not hacking.

I'll be taking videos of our future engagements, to post in retaliation. 

Priam here.

I'm curious, do the GM's respond to the false allegations and let the reporters know that the user is in fact not hacking?

Cuz I really wanna see the egg on their faces.

@CM_Jouska

These people are both from foo. There are VARIOUS guilds that have videos. Plus that he "isn't hacking" videos, people can turn their ability to hack on and off. Anything shown by the group he is with or the person itself is a void argument. There are other guilds that are posting their videos in which daum will then decide their verdict. However, you used V or something and appeared very far away, and before 5 minutes was up you went from one spot and far to keplan again, not including what the video was able to catch. Even people with the best of gear like veritas don't have shotgun that spams through in that way with the best gear, and ultimate gems on Orwen. Also yes, gm rewards were brought up because people asked about it and what it was. So people will be looking, and yes people will be trying to assist daum whether it is your guild or another guild if something looks fishy. 

it is nothing personal against you, but 3 vs 20 when we have a lot of very well geared people too with zarka, boss gear, and ultimate gear if not boss gear. Sorry dear things just don't quite add up. IF daum shows you aren't hacking without your "defense" proof in which you can turn things off then so be it. However, no videos you post, or gear has anything to do with the no cd shot gun that appears to be coming out in your video.

for example, this is another video not from our guild even in which was posted on your arcing , of someone feeling you were hacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLBjWMMLr4A

edited: 

Arcing in response to you personally, I found out about the hackers initiative this week after someone was taking out various people at world boss with something that looks very similar to what was visible on our end. As you can see from a previous post on us looking for the hacker to get the recording on them. If you also look above the gm who responded to my last ticket was the one who informed me of the hackers initiative. The last person did get banned from what I was made aware of. I am reporting you because of the videos acquired and something not seeming right. I don't know you as a person, I have nothing against you as a person. 

I am however 100% against hacking. So if I feel something is fishy I will report it and let daum investigate it to where they can see what is possibly going on. I wasn't even rewarded a gm's blessing on the last one and he was banned. I don't care I didn't get the gms blessing, its a nice bonus if it happens and you do get rid of a hacker, but I was happy that other guy got banned in my previous video if you see it. IF they show you aren't hacking then so be it, and I apologize for any allegations I may have placed on you. However, please do not try and make it a personal matter in which you show this 

Edit: All reports will be thoroughly investigated, but if one happen to be done when knowing it was a player all along actions could be taken against the reporter's account. (If for instance you don't like a player, or want to get rid of someone farming at a popular farm spot knowing he's a real and legitimate player)

in which you are trying to say people having something personally against you? I have seen various games from WoW to Archeage where people have gone under maps from rated battlegrounds to try and win in bad ways, to archeage duping which caused many people to leave that game for such horrible reaction on the company's end to respond to things of that nature. I just don't want to see that happen in this game. I agree with people I wish they had a non client side for this that prevented people from hacking so easily, but the game doesn't make it easy to deal or handle this stuff. 

Edited by Dani Dawnstar

Posted

@FootSteps If I am not mistaken I am pretty sure there isn't a cooldown on SP: Charging Wind, which is the shotgun skill. @Dani Dawnstar I have an alt ranger and its called ANIMATION CANCELLING!! Learn it, live it, love it!! That is all, have a nice day.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Dani Dawnstar, it got personal when your guild flagged up on the few non-PT people at Bheg and declared war on us when we didn't leave. It got personal when you guys put a spy in our discord to wipe us at our guild bosses (I applaud the guild boss wipe, but it was lame of you guys to have to plant a spy to do it). It got personal with all the flame whispers from your guild. You can tell the guy you guys have constantly connecting to our vent that he won't get any info there either. We never 3 vs 20 you guys, that would be dumb (except when we were throwing our bodies at your 3 guilds at mudster). We pick you off when you are by yourself or there is just a few of you. Hiding in bushes seems to be your guilds kryptonite because it was so effective. You can have all of your geared people, I'll take my 5-8 geared guildies and play guerrilla tactics every day of the week.

I hope you guys post more videos, we've been getting a kick out of them. Desync =  teleport hack apparently, not being able to kill someone means they are duping boss armor, and max CC resist with rng means hacking too.

I get that you guys are trying to report hackers, they have no place in this game, and I respect that. Looking at that first video you have up on this page, I would have done the same, that dudes stuff was waaay over the top. What I can't respect is the attitude from the rest of your guild that if we kill them we are hacking and if they kill us we turned off our hacks. I was being sincere when I asked if the CM's respond and tell you that the player is not hacking because I would love to put that behind us so we can brawl out without you guys having the "they are hacking" excuse to fall back on.

Edited by Brodie07

Posted

@Dani Dawnstar, it got personal when your guild flagged up on the few non-PT people at Bheg and declared war on us when we didn't leave. It got personal when you guys put a spy in our discord to wipe us at our guild bosses (I applaud the guild boss wipe, but it was lame of you guys to have to plant a spy to do it). It got personal with all the flame whispers from your guild. You can tell the guy you guys have constantly connecting to our vent that he won't get any info there either. We never 3 vs 20 you guys, that would be dumb (except when we were throwing our bodies at your 3 guilds at mudster). We pick you off when you are by yourself or there is just a few of you. Hiding in bushes seems to be your guilds kryptonite because it was so effective. You can have all of your geared people, I'll take my 5-8 geared guildies and play guerrilla tactics every day of the week.

I hope you guys post more videos, we've been getting a kick out of them. Desync =  teleport hack apparently, not being able to kill someone means they are duping boss armor, and max CC resist with rng means hacking too.

I get that you guys are trying to report hackers, they have no place in this game, and I respect that. Looking at that first video you have up on this page, I would have done the same, that dudes stuff was waaay over the top. What I can't respect is the attitude from the rest of your guild that if we kill them we are hacking and if they kill us we turned off our hacks. I was being sincere when I asked if the GM's respond and tell you that the player is not hacking because I would love to put that behind us so we can brawl out without you guys having the "they are hacking" excuse to fall back on.

As for wars, and killing in the game itself at world bosses that is a natural part of the game. In which most guilds, especially larger guilds see no problem with it in order to try and help their own guild mates get on the loot table. That is a nothing personal to anyone, people flag on each other all the time at world bosses or declare war on other guilds. 

We have a no shit talking policy in our guild, I am not the gm however if that is a occurring please make me aware of such. As for desync, I have personally never experienced up until that point if that is the case especially to the extent where you are on my mini map then off of it, and not a bush but someone sees you off my range of mini map and near them was the largest concern along with the stuff in the video. The extent of time seemed as if you had v ed and then dissapeared again, to where someone else saw you in one spot then another spot. 

As for the 20, there were a lot of people at the keplan guild mission in which a lot of them were saying wth is that cd in which I then came over to see what was going on. As for the gm, they give automated responses be it the person gets banned or not, even for harassement reports. As for boss armor, having that doesn't surprise me a lot of people have at least a piece or so of boss gear at this point int he game. However as you know there has been so much hacking from fighting hacks, to duping hacks, to pulling information from the game hacks that everyone at this point is paranoid because people feel things aren't being handled about it. So people are wary and frustrated. May be they have rng, some people may seriously be duping items. Problem is it is so hard to tell at times what is going on , no one knows what to do when you see so many people hacking and a lot of the time can't catch them. 

Posted

As for wars, and killing in the game itself at world bosses that is a natural part of the game. In which most guilds, especially larger guilds see no problem with it in order to try and help their own guild mates get on the loot table. That is a nothing personal to anyone, people flag on each other all the time at world bosses or declare war on other guilds. 

We have a no shit talking policy in our guild, I am not the gm however if that is a occurring please make me aware of such. As for desync, I have personally never experienced up until that point if that is the case especially to the extent where you are on my mini map then off of it, and not a bush but someone sees you off my range of mini map and near them was the largest concern along with the stuff in the video. The extent of time seemed as if you had v ed and then dissapeared again, to where someone else saw you in one spot then another spot. 

As for the 20, there were a lot of people at the keplan guild mission in which a lot of them were saying wth is that cd in which I then came over to see what was going on. As for the gm, they give automated responses be it the person gets banned or not, even for harassement reports. As for boss armor, having that doesn't surprise me a lot of people have at least a piece or so of boss gear at this point int he game. However as you know there has been so much hacking from fighting hacks, to duping hacks, to pulling information from the game hacks that everyone at this point is paranoid because people feel things aren't being handled about it. So people are wary and frustrated. May be they have rng, some people may seriously be duping items. Problem is it is so hard to tell at times what is going on , no one knows what to do when you see so many people hacking and a lot of the time can't catch them. 

The world boss stuff I'm not too worried about, it's to be expected and not something I get my panties in a twist over. Even then, from your side it may not be personal, but it is to the underdog, but again that is part of the game, I know that, I'm fine with that. My biggest gripe about that was with the guy you guys had in our discord relaying information about our guild events as opposed to doing it the in-game way of using the npc to track people.

We too have a no shit talk policy, which extends to straight up not talking to anyone we are at war with in game. Nothing good ever comes from talking to the enemy online, it just degrades into a flame war over who's mom is fatter. That said we won't be narking on your members. There's no joy in that, and nothing to be gained from doing so. 

Honestly I haven't experienced much desync on this game until I came over to Bal01 to fight you guys. In all reality its probably just a laggy connection from my end to the channel that results in the sliding, rubberbanding, "teleporting" that you see coming from me. Most other channels I don't notice it, but in Bal01 you guys slide, rubberband, and "teleport" from my end as well. Basically if you watch the videos you can see whiffing dark flame casts pretty often when you get knocked down. 80% of the time I'm casting where I see your bodies at, but you aren't there, so I'm sure it's equally as frustrating on your end. As to the minimap thing, I can't attest to any of that, it's hard to follow on your videos with what you are saying, sometimes we are crouching in bushes right next to your groups, sometimes we stow our weapons and book it out of there. Maybe you guys were following one of us and we hid and you noticed the other one? I dunno.

That's good to know that the CM's will give you a notice of resolution. If you would be so kind as to post it here so the people from <Guild> (who posted the other video from the Wizard's perspective without spell animations, trying to face tank a ranger without using his defensive buffs) can see the outcome that would be awesome. And while I do acknowledge the ridiculous amount of hacking that has been going on in this game, as you said already, any testimony from our side can easily be dismissed as "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply in the court of public game forums.

Posted

The bans are permanent.

im a warrior

i like banning cheaters

Posted

Server: Jordine

Family name: Soulrippers

Character name: Emyn

Any kind of bot for jumping and increasing stamina/breath. I wonder how many people can use shit like that and we dont know....

Posted (edited)

Family name: Chiba

Character name: Merri

Note: I bought Flares for this. It would be nice if you could refund me 50 loyalty!

Family name: EnTaro

Character name: Adun

@CM_Jouska Are you still actively working on the hacker hunting? My 2 videos here were taken before the auto-shoveling update. you can clearly see they are using a 3rd party program to time their heals to avoid desert attrition.

Edited by Tulukhast

Posted (edited)

i already reported this guy shes still playing and i didn't receive and GM blessings, you stopped banning??

@CM_Aethon , @PM_Jouska

Family name :Hidler

Edited by Freakfrog

Posted

i already reported this guy shes still playing and i didn't receive and GM blessings, you stopped banning??

I am pretty sure they stopped banning. I reported this to support and on this thread 2 weeks ago!  

Posted

@CM_Aethon , @PM_Jouska

Guild members found this bot, I tried cc'ing it, it got up and ran straight past me for mobs, completely ignoring me, until I started attacking it more then started fighting back.

Server: Uno, Channel: Valencia U2, Family Name: TwilightBrigade, Character Name: ZakuroChan, Guild: <TitaniumWhite>

https://youtu.be/zEqRo-yNbVc

Posted (edited)

Somebody was too keen on getting a ninja, funny playtime with a bot.

Name&Family: Chikushodo / ChimeiTekinaKage 

https://youtu.be/laUY67eAgfc

What happened: I hit him like once multiple times, he ignored me (off video). I went to him, greeting and stuff. Hit him hard so he was low hp. He ignored me and didn´t use any potions, maybe he was not clever enough to set it up who knows. He went on to fight more mob. Once i was the last attackable left it started to attack me, follow me around and as soon as a mob was close he started to attack the mob again. Repeat until he died to a mane.

It was just the third time that i did this to him, only recording this. He came back later pking me, finally acting like a human. A human who knew he was recorded so considering that his damage was way higher now and skills came a lot faster he was speedhacking too but i am not sure hence no video of that for you. 

This took me 15minutes so u better didnt stop banning ;)

botsname.png

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

@PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

I caught a hacker on recording and I sent it to the link to report hacker/bots when I got the reply from support I asked them if I could get my reward and they told me this

"Thank you so much for the report! While I am unable to send you anything directly, we are currently conducting our investigation and we will take the appropriate action based on our findings and if the report results positive for hacking, then you have helped us clear the world of another exploiter and made the world a better place for you and your friends to play and live in."

So I linked them this forum thread and then I got this reply .

"You are indeed correct, the webpage is still live and I believe the honorable thing to do would be sending you the rewards. After a brief investigation I have discovered that we are currently in the final stages of reviewing that policy and I apologize for the confusion thus far. "

I am glad that I got my reward afterwards but I think there is some misscommunication also at the office perhaps ?

I also only got GM blessing 1 x5 rather than the reward promissed for a disruptive hacker . The video I sent showed a ranger using no animation skills to kill me and kill ogres at multiple occasions .

• Report a Disruptive Hacker
    If you find & report a player who is hacking to specifically interrupt other players such as griefing grinding locations, Field Bosses etc.
    • 10x Elion’s Tears
    • 5x GM’s Blessing 3 (1h)

Posted

GM are no longer distributing gm blessing if you report a hacker so why is this thread still up .

@PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo

Nice necro, bruh.