• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Racist Chat Worst I've Ever Seen In A Game!

211 posts in this topic

Posted

This is by far the worst game for racist chat comments I’ve ever played.  It’s pathetic.  Why isn’t anything ever done about it?

20 people like this

Posted

When reporting people is so difficult, it invites people to say and act in anyway they choose.

If they hired some interns to just monitor this kind of stuff, it would vanish over night (with a few loudly publicized bans of course)

5 people like this

Posted

For now just block those you don't want to hear from.

BTW, friendly FYI, those you've blocked can still see what you typed.

Posted

You can put whatever offends you in the chat filter so that you don't have to read it.

Posted

you havent played many games if you think this is bad

4 people like this

Posted

you havent played many games if you think this is bad

This is true, our chat is really quite tame in comparison.

Posted

well you have options of blocking them or if is too many of them just filter the chat so you will never see it.

Posted (edited)

lol it is the worst(and I've played a lot of MMOs). I have blocked so many people I'm surprised I still see people chat. One night some guy was advertising his guild as "white poeple only".I think maybe two people joined in, everyone else ignored him and kept talking about the game. I think a lot of people ignore chat since I see a lot of the same people talking in it daily.

Just as fyi this thread will probably be deleted....last one like this I saw was removed pretty fast as Daum tries to avoid the subject. It's kinda annoying tbh. They need a way to report people in chat. In other games it screen shots, logs all chat and sends a report to the powers that be. Not here.

Edited by Tillerzz
2 people like this

Posted

Turn off channel chat. Problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted

This is by far the worst game for racist chat comments I’ve ever played.  It’s pathetic.  Why isn’t anything ever done about it?

Please tell me what exactly is the problem with racist chat? What is bad about having it

1 person likes this

Posted

To be honest I've got to agree, MMOs are my game of choice, and out of all of them, chat in this game is by far the worst for racism/sexism/religious hatred/homophobia etc etc. Setting up a tab without world chat is the only way I've found to save what brain cells I have. Energy cost makes absolutely no difference it seems.

4 people like this

Posted

I have yet to see any racist remarks in chat since release, maybe because I play on a European server (Croxus) and the race baiting over here in Europe is not as bad as in the US. Also we seem to be less inclined to see racism in every little remark someone makes so trolls don't get the tears they are looking for.

lol it is the worst(and I've played a lot of MMOs). I have blocked so many people I'm surprised I still see people chat. One night some guy was advertising his guild as "white poeple only".I think maybe two people joined in, everyone else ignored him and kept talking about the game. I think a lot of people ignore chat since I see a lot of the same people talking in it daily.

Just a quick question: how is it that you lot (I presume you are from the US, but correct me if I am wrong) have no problems with "blacks only", "Latino only", etc..but cry racism when whites do it? You Americans do realize that this is downright crazy and extremely hypocritical right?

Or are you one of those "white privilege/guilt" lunatics?

7 people like this

Posted

I have yet to see any racist remarks in chat since release, maybe because I play on a European server (Croxus) and the race baiting over here in Europe is not as bad as in the US. Also we seem to be less inclined to see racism in every little remark someone makes so trolls don't get the tears they are looking for.

Just a quick question: how is it that you lot (I presume you are from the US, but correct me if I am wrong) have no problems with "blacks only", "Latino only", etc..but cry racism when whites do it? You Americans do realize that this is downright crazy and extremely hypocritical right?

Or are you one of those "white privilege/guilt" lunatics?

I play on EU (Jordine) and it's just as toxic from what I've seen :P

Posted (edited)

To be honest I've got to agree, MMOs are my game of choice, and out of all of them, chat in this game is by far the worst for racism/sexism/religious hatred/homophobia etc etc. Setting up a tab without world chat is the only way I've found to save what brain cells I have. Energy cost makes absolutely no difference it seems.

Which server/region do you play on? Barely seen anything remotely resembling racism apart from in minor tangents during a long discussion some people had that no doubt cost them 100 energy each or something about mass immigration in Europe.

I could imagine people shout out their views or more often, intentionally try to upset people in NA though. EU (at least Jordine) is so peaceful, almost boring.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

If you think this chat is bad, go play Tera when they release a new class and everyone floods back and then message me on here that you're sorry that you even thought that this chat was anywhere near as repulsive, sexist, homophobic, racist, etc. Cause you honestly haven't seen anything...

Oh and FYI a GM for that game told people who were complaining in chat that this guy was being the above mentioned and said to just block him and move on. They don't care about this stuff and honestly that's why you can block people and edit your chat. I suggest you do so because unfortunately the only response from these companies you will get is an out of sight out of mind mentality.

Posted

Which server/region do you play on? Barely seen anything remotely resembling racism apart from in minor tangents during a long discussion some people had that no doubt cost them 100 energy each or something about mass immigration in Europe.

I could imagine people shout out their views or more often, intentionally try to upset people in NA though. EU (at least Jordine) is so peaceful, almost boring.

I play on EU (Jordine) and it's just as toxic from what I've seen :P

Posted

Maybe you are more sensitive to these kind of things Thaiden. Not playing on that server though, so can't make a judgement on that myself. :)

Posted

Oh wow. Hmm. I guess I just didn't pay much attention then or maybe I was always in another channel from whenever stuff would go down. I've seen other kinds of behavior that could be described as toxic though.

How often do you experience this? Several times a day?

Posted

Maybe you are more sensitive to these kind of things Thaiden. Not playing on that server though, so can't make a judgement on that myself. :)

Depends on whether you need to be sensitive to pick up very blatant and obvious racism tbh :D

Posted

Turning off chat or blocking racist players (which I do) doesn't solve the problem it only puts it out of my own site.  I play in NA on the Uno Server. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Boo hoo muh chat is toxic. Get thicker skin. Words on the internet doesn't mean jack shit. Racist, hateful, toxic, whatever you guys call it, is all just words. This new generation of people is going to kill our society. Muh safe space, muh feels. Block it if it offends you so much. 

3 people like this

Posted

Just as fyi this thread will probably be deleted....last one like this I saw was removed pretty fast as Daum tries to avoid the subject. It's kinda annoying tbh. They need a way to report people in chat. In other games it screen shots, logs all chat and sends a report to the powers that be. Not here.

How is having a white only guild racist?

4 people like this

Posted

Boo hoo muh chat is toxic. Get thicker skin. Words on the internet doesn't mean jack shit. Racist, hateful, toxic, whatever you guys call it, is all just words. This new generation of people is going to kill our society. Muh safe space, muh feels. Block it if it offends you so much. 

It is toxic and it's the service providers responsibility to do something about it.  BTW, I'm a 60 year old retired soldier.  Your condescending attitude is not appreciated or helpful.

1 person likes this

Posted

How is having a white only guild racist?

Didn't you get the memo? Whites are not allowed to have anything for themselves, they are born with a 666 behind their left ear when they are born...at least if you are to believe all those SJW's.

3 people like this

Posted

It is toxic and it's the service providers responsibility to do something about it.  BTW, I'm a 60 year old retired soldier.  Your condescending attitude is not appreciated or helpful.

They put methods in game for you to handle your own problems. Chat filter, block list, etc. Asking the GMs to waste time on words is selfish at best. None of that shit matters within the game world. I'd prefer a game full of toxic assholes than a game where everyone holds their tongue in fear of getting banned because of a someones feelings.

2 people like this