• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stuck at Lv. 24

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello! 

Maybe I simply suck at this game (see topic >.> http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/78093-some-questions-how-should-i-play-this-game/ ) but I apparently managed to skip 5 Levels.

My problem is that I'm currently Level 24 and have Level 28/29 quests only left to complete. The last thing I did was to complete the quest line at the Crimson Monarchy in the South of Glish. After that, the story directly led me to the West of Glish, to the Ork Camps where the enemies are taking quite alot of effort to deal with (more than at the Monarchy already). 

Did I miss something? Because there can't be a 4/5 Level difference between the quests. Am I supposed to grind? That's what I tried against the Mobs at the Monarchy and each kill only gave me like 1 % of the exp bar :/

Haaalp!

Edited by Two-Tu

Posted

Did I miss something? Because there can't be a 4/5 Level difference between the quests. Am I supposed to grind? That's what I tried against the Mobs at the Monarchy and each kill only gave me like 1 % of the exp bar :/

Yes you are supposed to grind if leveling your character is what you want. And 1% per mob is enough is a lot :P

Posted

this game is all about the grind :) 

Im guessing you only have basic gear so I would say go to the bloody monastary until level 28.

Posted

Hello! 

Maybe I simply suck at this game (see topic >.> http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/78093-some-questions-how-should-i-play-this-game/ ) but I apparently managed to skipp 5 levels.

My problem is that I'm currently Level 24 have Level 28/29 quests only left to complete. The last thing I did was to complete then quest line in the Crimson Monarchy in the South of Glish. After that, they story directly led me to the West of Glish to the Ork Camps where the enemies are taking quite alot of effort to deal with (more than at the Monarchy already). 

Haaalp!

This game encourages grinding of any kind - there are very few quests that actually give experience to level up your character to begin with.

The end game consists of either farming mobs yourself for rare drops or farm life skills (most likely in the form of afk/fishing or horse breeding/training) to make enough money to buy them off the market place.

Posted

gave me like 1 % of the exp bar :/

So damn lucky. I get .0001% per mob kill.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds familiar. I think you either only did the combat/spirit quests and have the life, fishing,... quests disabled in your quest window at the moment or you didn't do anything else in the game besides questing and questing generally doesn't give you EXP for levelling :).

Posted (edited)

Also, if you go back to previous towns they will have new quests if you got amity up with the right NPCs (you can tell by starting a convo and looking at their circle on the lower left, it will show you if that NPC has any quests at certain levels of amity) and did the other quests (completing some opens up others). Also, do the repeatables, especially the 'kill x number of y" ones. And, like they said, grind those orcs (which are tougher to kill than mobs previous to that). M

Afterthought: I have rarely had to grind much, Maybe the tail end of a level here and there. I am 38 all from life skills/quests. M

Edited by Hippiechick64

Posted

Hello! 

Maybe I simply suck at this game (see topic >.> http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/78093-some-questions-how-should-i-play-this-game/ ) but I apparently managed to skip 5 Levels.

My problem is that I'm currently Level 24 and have Level 28/29 quests only left to complete. The last thing I did was to complete the quest line at the Crimson Monarchy in the South of Glish. After that, the story directly led me to the West of Glish, to the Ork Camps where the enemies are taking quite alot of effort to deal with (more than at the Monarchy already). 

Haaalp!

What class are you? It doesn't really matter much, but I promise you that whatever you are playing can take those quests at level 24. You can grind a bit with the guards in the Monastery, or grind on the frog people or the other amphibian dudes for a while. I did this not only for the grind but for the money you get out of their drops. 

Here's the thing with this game, grinding is part of it, but at least you are making extremely good money by doing it. :) 

Posted (edited)

1% of the Exp bar? Cute, that's a lot compared to higher level :P Don't complain about your exp gain until you're at least Lvl 50. 

Oh, and you should be able to do those quests at your lvl as well. There not really hard or anything.

Edited by Zero1337

Posted (edited)

In this game you really don't quest to exp, or at least not your combat level.

You typically quest for contribution points, skill points, a small handful because you need to so you can progress and ones that have useful rewards (like bag slots).

Combat exp wise? Grind is love, grind is life.

If you don't like grind well... I've got some bad news for you... You're complaining about 1% exp per kill this game might not be right for you because once you get 50+ you're going to be getting like .02% or less per kill; 55+ like 1% exp per hour (or less).

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answers, guys! :)

Yes, I expected BDO to be grindy, but I thought like "Blade and Soul"-grindy. The quests in "B&S" were repetitive, like "Kill Monster Y X times"-repetitive, but they also gave me  "reason" to kill them. Here it's like: "Oh well, you apparently ran out of quests and the next quests are too hard right now, but *psshh*, no one is telling you, you gotta think of it yourself. Now you gotta grind your way up and kill monsters for levelling purposes only without any reward."

As explained in this topic though (-> http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/78093-some-questions-how-should-i-play-this-game/ ), I left out crafting quests in the past but now I've caught up with them (= I did all of them now). The map says that I have accepted all quests that I could have possibly accepted, so those at the Ork camp are the only ones to do for now. I went on fishing in Velia for some bucks (at a very bad spot tho, have no idea where to fish else) and that's it for crafting, so yeah.

I thought that the game would kinda lead me through the game but it seems like that I'm all on my own forcing to me grind up, damn T_T

But thanks though. Now I know that it's supposed to be that way and not my stupidity having me to miss out quests in another area (okay, this might be still the case lol).

Edited by Two-Tu

Posted

I thought that the game would kinda lead me through the game 

That's your mistake right there.

This isn't quite a sandbox, but it's not quite a themepark either.

BDO gives you a lot of advancement paths and is more of a "choose how you want to play" kinda game.

This is why it's viable to grind mobs, go on fishing trips, pick flowers or any combination of various activities.

It's very much a "here's all the ways you can advance right here in this big playground, figure out how you'd like to approach it"

Posted

Press O and click on "All"... You wont be able to finish all quests alongside leveling up to 50...

Posted (edited)

That's your mistake right there.
This isn't quite a sandbox, but it's not quite a themepark either.

BDO gives you a lot of advancement paths and is more of a "choose how you want to play" kinda game.

This is why it's viable to grind mobs, go on fishing trips, pick flowers or any combination of various activities.

It's very much a "here's all the ways you can advance right here in this big playground, figure out how you'd like to approach it"

Yeah, I see.

I have no problem with that at all, but figuring out that this game wants you to figure it out on yourself was apparently the thing I needed to answer my question in this topic.

Edited by Two-Tu

Posted

Yeah, I see.

I have no problem with that at all, but figuring out that this game wants you to figure it out on yourself was apparently the thing I needed to answer my question in this topic.

No worries. This game doesn't really hold your hand and I *very highly* recommend falling in with a guild, especially if you're new.

Also be prepared to read, watch and listen to guides. There's an overwhelming amount of things to do here.

Posted

I dont grind. I only kill if the quest asks me to or if I have to fight my way through an area. I am  38 now but Im definitely not stuck. The quests themselves dont give xp no but the stuff you have to do for the quests does. I leveled a few  times  just picking an herb. Also going back to previous towns/quest hubs will get you new quests as you level/complete quests/raise amity. It just isnt as grindy as people think if you are willing to be quite a bit slower at leveling and figure out how to make life skills and quests work for you...M

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm almost 27 and haven't even finished all the quests in Heidel yet...and I haven't done any mob grinding. Or any afk fishing.

Edited by Vember

Posted (edited)

I seemed to have a similar issue (lvl 31ish, many of the quests I was picking up seemed to be lvl 40) and then got caught up in the Velia profession dailies... and then found I needed to grind CPs to get bank slots to store all the stuff I was getting from those dailies omg, don't do it - it's a trap! Lol

Edited by Tacu
Font size is tiny tiny tiny omg, hope you others can see it :S

Posted (edited)

Quests dont give exp (they give contribution point exp)  have to grind to level 56

Edited by Souda

Posted

TIP! Save your ultimate basteer +7 weapon when you get it. You will need it at lvl 50.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0