• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

block bug?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

does this happen to anyone else. i am being 2 shotting through casting red moon FROM THE FRONT while my block meter still says its full. do helms counter block or what. all the fancy dodging in the world not going to protect me if when im casting my cc and block skill and still get hit while locked in the animation of really your only good damage move.

Posted

You blocking only by front, back and both sides are still vulnerable. Notice what your screen rotation rotate your body too (even while you dont see it in your redmoon).

Posted

You blocking only by front, back and both sides are still vulnerable. Notice what your screen rotation rotate your body too (even while you dont see it in your redmoon).

I've actually suspected this was happening for a while - are you certain that the blocks are being calculated from the camera, and not your characters orientation?

Posted

The block direction is based on your forward-facing direction when you cast Red Moon.  Changing the camera has no effect.

Posted

Our block is garbage, it wont protect you, dont plan on it doing so.

Posted

i did not move camera after using red moon the mob(s) in question were directly in front of me. just boom exploded

Posted

It's easy to miss the dwarf cross bowersr  30 meters away. They also shot arrows all at the same time. Two rounds of two of them on the back, and every class is quite history.

Moreover, I am pretty sure that the rotatory motion of the big axes is considered AOE, if you're inside it, you will still get hit through the shield (the attack passing on your flanks).

Posted

I get that alot too. I think cc can go through block and once you get cc your block will get canceled.

Posted

does this happen to anyone else. i am being 2 shotting through casting red moon FROM THE FRONT while my block meter still says its full. do helms counter block or what. all the fancy dodging in the world not going to protect me if when im casting my cc and block skill and still get hit while locked in the animation of really your only good damage move.

a fair few enemies in the later area's penetrate through the block it seems. not to mention the later ones cant be flinched so they just keep swinging and hit when u come out of it.

Posted

I have noticed some enemies able to hit "through" a block. I don't fight in those areas as it is suicide.
However the enemies I have no issues blocking (Mediah Mobs).
Manes
Elrics
Skeletons (Soldiers Grave)

I get wrecked by some of the Mediah Mobs though
Wandering Rogues (they pretty much bypass Red Moon (aka it is a death trap to use))

I can block a basic Wizards (Chain lightning+Other spells) combo (Bloody easy as F^), however an enhanced version (Guild only info) will fully wipe the block and all my health.
I have also went to the Red Battlefield and became a Pseudo tank for my guild wizard because he needed a blocker. :D 

Also Video of a typical Elrics pass (I like that spot -.-)
Either Aussie net is to blame on some of those hits or I just had my back turned (That fail at the start is nice though, let a priest back hit me).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOI3sK-qN4

However you can see me running Stamina of 1900 (at least it is now) and I normally run a enhanced stam potion.

Posted

Red moon applies a 360 block. Until the last hit. The moment you hit the ground, you aren't in block anymore even though you are stuck in the neato looking animation. Counter this with Ult Chase.